Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the replies. Tony, thanks for the post, I remember when you replied back to my FM 2012 wish several weeks ago.

Last 2 FMs I owned I bought in Madrid at a brick and mortar store, and the other I imported from Northern Ireland. So nice to be able to buy "here", though I don't get the cool box :p. Let there be a Flamengo domination in the coming years!

[quote name='juanjava']Will Amazon have a THQ weekend too? I'm waiting for retribution to reach 75% off ;)[/QUOTE]

They just had that like a week or so ago. Not 75 percent but close

[quote name='Drabelincoln']They just had that like a week or so ago. Not 75 percent but close[/QUOTE]

Yep... I saw that sale, I'm only trying a 75% off... but I get it wrong... it was 2K sales on steam, not THQ... my mistake. xD

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Have you contacted CS via chat? They are super helpful. Let me know if they can't help and I'll escalate but they are extremely helpful.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

the CS Chat is not unable i don't know why and it's happened for me before with homefront but after about 2 hours i found the game but this game can't see till now and it's 24h over :roll:

[quote name='Bosha1992']the CS Chat is not unable i don't know why and it's happened for me before with homefront but after about 2 hours i found the game but this game can't see till now and it's 24h over :roll:[/QUOTE]
Call them. Maybe they didnt understand you

Tony,

Do you happen to know if the Key I buy for FM2012 is eligible for SteamPlay on Steam? (i.e. get both the Windows and Mac version) Seems to be hit or miss for SteamPlay titles I've bought before (The Civ 5 key I bought here wasn't for both, despite being SteamPlay, while Duke Nukem Forever DID give me both)

If this is more a question for Steam, I understand. Thanks!

I know you guys had a borderlands sale couple weeks ago or soemthing, but any chance you guys are going to match steams sale?

Id for sure be in if you guys did! Other wise I guess I will just buy it off steam later tonight.

Just grabbed FM2012 for a friend, gave him the key and he activated it on Steam just fine. Excellent price Tony :applause:

On the other hand regarding the problem with Audible.com
I just checked with the bank and they told me the refund arrived 4 days ago (March 4th) so that means they didn't even wait for the 2 days period in the mail reply. Awesome customer support
Now, everybody should take care ;)

Any Football Manager vets here? I've been playing the game off-and-on most of the day between work events. It is a lot to take in for someone that doesn't know a lot about soccer and has never played the game. Anyone know of a website with real-world-mods and a 'wiki' that explains the intricacies of not only soccer but Football Manager?

I love sports sims as I play the hell out of OOTP. But I am completely lost in FM 12 so far. Is there a website for dummies that deals with this game and soccer? :)

[quote name='avwjase']Any Football Manager vets here? I've been playing the game off-and-on most of the day between work events. It is a lot to take in for someone that doesn't know a lot about soccer and has never played the game. Anyone know of a website with real-world-mods and a 'wiki' that explains the intricacies of not only soccer but Football Manager?

I love sports sims as I play the hell out of OOTP. But I am completely lost in FM 12 so far. Is there a website for dummies that deals with this game and soccer? :)[/QUOTE]

I'm lost just playing Pocket League Story :lol:

Although I do love complex management sims.

I[quote name='Bosha1992']the CS Chat is not unable i don't know why and it's happened for me before with homefront but after about 2 hours i found the game but this game can't see till now and it's 24h over :roll:[/QUOTE]

Your order might be hung up in processing for some reason. Did you get charged for it yet?

[quote name='stopmakingsense']Tony,

Do you happen to know if the Key I buy for FM2012 is eligible for SteamPlay on Steam? (i.e. get both the Windows and Mac version) Seems to be hit or miss for SteamPlay titles I've bought before (The Civ 5 key I bought here wasn't for both, despite being SteamPlay, while Duke Nukem Forever DID give me both)

If this is more a question for Steam, I understand. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm unsure on whether or not it is Steamplay, I apologize.

[quote name='gomikeoh']I know you guys had a borderlands sale couple weeks ago or soemthing, but any chance you guys are going to match steams sale?

Id for sure be in if you guys did! Other wise I guess I will just buy it off steam later tonight.[/QUOTE]

We are going to, yes, apologies, I've been putting out a couple of fires all day and am just now getting to our pricing/responding here. Sorry for the delay!

[quote name='r9800pro']Just grabbed FM2012 for a friend, gave him the key and he activated it on Steam just fine. Excellent price Tony :applause:

On the other hand regarding the problem with Audible.com
I just checked with the bank and they told me the refund arrived 4 days ago (March 4th) so that means they didn't even wait for the 2 days period in the mail reply. Awesome customer support
Now, everybody should take care ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm really glad you got sorted out ok man, i didn't have any doubt though, our CS is top notch!

Cheers,
Tony

/gag. i hate soccer games.

when my xbox gamertag got 'recovered' to a european xbox, they used the associated xbla billing information to empty my bank account for xbla 'fifa trading card' purchases. this happened the day after i got paid. over the next few days a few recurring charges that should have had funds available for them did not, and my bank account went deep into the negative, which kept me from being able to buy a ticket to spend the holidays with my terminal father on his final christmas. i contacted both xbla and my bank, and was told that a bank investigation would take 1-2 months, and xbla assured me their investigation would take at most 25 days. After 2 months, xbox contacted me to tell me that after some unfortunate delays, their team had decided that yes, my account had been hacked by some FIFA prick, and they would refund the charges and that i could now contact my bank about the numerous overdraft charges. Problem being, xbox finished their prolonged investigation 2 months and 1 day after the case was opened. The bank then told me they could not reverse the charges as I am only allowed a 2 month window of time.

To top it off, while investigating the hack, my account and xbla content would not be available while they 'looked into it' - and the day after the hack, my older xbox rrod'd (the warranty had recently expired) - and due to them having to 'reset' my account or some such, this means i lost the license to all of the xbla content and games i have collected in the last couple years.

so lost all my dlc, arcade games, xbox died, a couple hundred bucks worth of bank charges lost, 3 months of my mw3 elite subscription wasted, and i missed spending christmas with what might have been the last christmas my father lives for.

i got an email from microsoft the other day, for all of the unexcused delays in resolving the case, their lack of communication, and all of the problems i encounted - i was given 1 free month of xbox live gold time.

i loved that xbox, but i look at anything xbox or soccer related now and pure hatred leaks from my eyes :p

sorry about the rant, saw the soccer game go on sale and it was my first thought. i've never played a soccer video game and after my experience, i don't foresee myself spending money on one :p

[quote name='avwjase']Any Football Manager vets here? I've been playing the game off-and-on most of the day between work events. It is a lot to take in for someone that doesn't know a lot about soccer and has never played the game. Anyone know of a website with real-world-mods and a 'wiki' that explains the intricacies of not only soccer but Football Manager?

I love sports sims as I play the hell out of OOTP. But I am completely lost in FM 12 so far. Is there a website for dummies that deals with this game and soccer? :)[/QUOTE]

I've been a fan since it was Championship Manager 3 (1998) and played almost every yearly release. Last I played was 2008 but basically before you click to advance through the days, assess every player of your roster, from the pros to the youth. Then assess all of your staff. It helps asking for a team report if you don't know the team well.

From there you should start cleaning the house, from trying to get staff to accept friendly contract "breaks" and trying to sign good scouts/trainers, to then start setting your unwanted players on the Selling List. Youth players who won't get a chance in your squad should be set to loan, if you have youth that is weak even for their level or gets paid too much when they won't develop, try to sell them dirt cheap (with maybe a 10-20% future fee clause) or come to a friendly agreement to let the player go.

If you have a youth player that should be given a chance with the pros but doesn't fit in your squad, loan him out to a team that is at best, just a little worse than you, so you can ensure the kid will get playing time. Lastly you check contract lengths and decide who you wish to extend. Here's a tip: players are free to sign a pre-contract with any team within 6 months of the end of their contracts, once their contract is up with you they'll transfer over and you'll get $0 bucks.

Once the staff and rosters are set, make sure you make offers for decent-good staff, depending on your team's level (league, division, country, and city location affect the decision of players/staff). If you're top flight, the main attributes should be >15, if you're midtable or 2nd division aim for >13, and even if your team sucks, aim for numbers >10. Don't offer too lengthy of a deal for anyone who isn't worth it, it will suck money away from transfer/wage money.

With that out of the way you proceed to setting up training routines. Here I really suggest you do an internet search for FM 2012 forum, usually the Sports Interactive website (and from the game itself) will provide links to local forums, where people contribute to the game. These forums are run by official researchers so usually you'll find all you need in just 1 or 2 different sites.

From there on, just play and learn as you go. If you're in a game with nothing to lose, be offensive! Who knows, a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 may give you an unlikely result! Also, while it's fun to start on a top team or your favorite squad, give it a shot picking smaller teams from the country/league you wish to play. You won't get to control the better players right away but your gameplay experience will be much richer with you earning the right to coach better teams. Maybe have 2 saves, 1 starting from nothing and the other starting with whoever you want!

Lastly, be mindful of the leagues you load in your game. My rule of thumb was always Brazil, Spain, Italy, England, Germany, Portugal, Argentina. When you load a league you'll have all players/staff/teams show up so you can scout youngsters who'd otherwise not be available.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Hey guys,
How long will the FM2012 deal be available for?.

N.[/QUOTE]

'several days' was the info i saw posted so far

Guimengo makes some excellent points (see above).

As for FM2012, it's the first version of the "modern" era that I've really been able to get into (I started way back with Championship Manager 93/94). I've tried, and failed, to get into the more recent versions as there's just too much going on. All I want to do is play matches and get promoted, I don't care much for training schedules or organising friendlies :lol:

The latest version seems to offer a few ways to school you a little bit, to help take away from having to micro-manage absolutely everything about your club. Your assistant manager and backroom staff are available to offer advice on a regular basis, and you can even delegate certain responsibilities to them entirely (press conferences, team talks, reserve team management). This helps to make the game a lot less daunting for those of us who don't have hours to pore over stat differences and just want a more "casual" experience.

As for the game itself, in all my years of playing I've never, ever got satisfaction from winning stuff as a "big" club. The satisfaction (for me, at least) has always come from taking a relative minnow and building my own team of all-conquering football gods. My latest attempt to rebuild Stockport in the mould of Barcelona is taking some time, however :)

FM has always been a game that gives you back what you put into it. If you're ready for immersion, and feel the urge to scream at your monitor when that stoppage time winner creeps in at the far post, then it's for you. At only $6, it's cheap enough to give it a shot to see if you like it.

Been playing FM2011 the last 18 months or so. I bought FM2012 for $6 yesterday, but Im in the middle of a season on FM2011, so I cant just quit.

Your first year or so you are just going to learn a lot and make a bunch of mistakes. But initally, fire lowsy/overpaid coaches, and sell/loan overpaid players in your reserves you never plan to use. Look at your top 3 or 4 players and build a formation around them. Dont try to force a formation, especially in your first year. Strong Midfield and only 1 good striker? 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1, etc. Dont just play a 4-4-2 cause your assistant says to either.

Here are how the stats work in Football Manager. A good way to see what makes, say a good defender, is to look at a player like Pique on Barcelona and just note what his top 6 or 7 ratings are.

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-attributes

TECHNICAL: Finishing, Passing, Tackling, Marking etc are how good they are at those things. So a player with an 18 passing rating means his passing is accurate. But where he passes, how he passes, and to whom he passes, gets decided by Mental.

MENTAL: Composure, Anticipation, Decisions, Concentration, Teamwork, Workrate, Determination,etc. Mental attributes play into SKILLS, like where and how the Pass is played. The player may get his passes on target, but if his anticipation and decisions are low, then he might not make the best passes possible in his given situation. Or if his teamwork is low, he may shoot more than pass.

PHYSICAL: ACCELERATION, PACE, STAMINA, etc. Pretty much self explanatory. Natural Fitness however is how tough they are when tackled (low nat fitness means most likely lots of injuries), and how fast they recover between matches. Really important if you have a weak bench.

STRIKERS: There is no "What stats make the best strikers?" because it all depends on your formation, strategy, etc. I play a counterstrike 4-3-3 offense, so I mostly care about ACCELERARTION, PACE, FINISHING, and COMPOSURE for my strikers. However, Finishing and Composure are probably the two most important traits for pure strikers.

DEFENDERS: TACKLING, MARKING, CONCENTRATION, ANTICIPATION, WORKRATE are probably the most important with STRENGTH, ACCELERATION, JUMPING, and DETERMINIATION second. Concentration is how they play when fatigue. A huge attribute. If you get scored on alot near the end of games, look at your defenders Concentration rating.

MIDFIELDERS: TEAMWORK, WORKRATE, PASSING, DECISIONS, ANTICIPATION, STAMINA, STRENGTH as primarys with LONG SHOTS, DETERMINIATION, TACKLING, PACE as secondary.

---------------------------------

Contract Negotiations:
Dont be afraid to NEGOTIATE!!!! Players and Agents always ask for WAY TOO MUCH. Look at the Agents ratings. If he has a high Patience rating, feel fee to counter offer all day. Usually you can counter close to as many times as their rating. Patience of a 3, and you have about 3 chances.

Also, AGENTS ARE GREEDY!! Lets say a player wants $75,000/wk salary for 3 years AND a 15% yearly salary raise. The Agents fee is $1 million. Take the players salary down to $50,000/wk, get rid of the yearly salary raise, and then up the agents fee to $2 million. So, you just spent $1 million to save $4 million ($25,000/wk for 3 years). THe agents will take that offer back to their players and tell them its a great deal :applause:

-----------------------------------

Age (Natural Fitness, injuries, and playing time, also factor in to how long they last)

Strikers peak around 25yrs and can last to early 30's before deteriorating.

Defenders Peak in the late 20's and last through to Mid 30's.

Midfieldser peak around 25yrs and last through early 30's.

Goal Keepers peak in early 30's and can last through to late 30's.

-----------------------------------

Language Barrier:
Language plays a factor in how your players perform on/off the field. So if your defenders all speak different languages than your Keeper, poor communication in the backline can lead to costly stupid bonehead mistakes. The longer they play together, then they will eventually learn different languages.

Same applies to your coaching staff. If all your players speak spanish and you hire a coach that only speaks German, you will not get the most efficient training possible. So sometimes, you want a coach with lesser ratings cause he speaks the language.

Thinking about Football Manager 2012 just because I really enjoy simulation games. Is it like game dev story and other games of that nature? I have no knowledge of football at all, is it easy to get into the game?

[quote name='rockx4']Thinking about Football Manager 2012 just because I really enjoy simulation games. Is it like game dev story and other games of that nature? I have no knowledge of football at all, is it easy to get into the game?[/QUOTE]
Nothing like Game Dev Story, and a lot more statistic-based. Can be a bit tricky to get into, although this version (2012) is the most accessible I've played in some time. There's help and guidance on offer when needed, but I think the best thing you could do is download and try the demo. It'll give you 2-3 months of a season to give you an idea of what it's really like.

Steam store page link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/71270

The "Download Demo" button is on the right-hand side :)

[quote name='Flowette']Nothing like Game Dev Story, and a lot more statistic-based. Can be a bit tricky to get into, although this version (2012) is the most accessible I've played in some time. There's help and guidance on offer when needed, but I think the best thing you could do is download and try the demo. It'll give you 2-3 months of a season to give you an idea of what it's really like.

Steam store page link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/71270

The "Download Demo" button is on the right-hand side :)[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a try, any idea how long the amazon sale is for the game?

you should hurry smurfinaus for FM2012 deal
jjp.gif

All this talk about FM2012 has me interested also... although I know nothing and care not about soccer. Even at the deal it is now, still above my price point for a game I very well may hate. Oh well.

[quote name='rockx4']I'll give it a try, any idea how long the amazon sale is for the game?[/QUOTE]

We'll have it on sale through 3/11 (end of Sunday). So you've got time to evaluate whether or not you'd like it enough to skip a happy-meal tomorrow to snag it :).

Cheers,
Tony

A word of caution to people trying Football Manager: it's very hard to play for less than 4 hours at a time. It sucks you in every single time!

By the way guys, next week's deal of the week will feature another installment in our "DRM free Games for great prices" test. It will include between 15-19 games (still testing some to make sure the new builds work as expected) for $4.99 + Buy one Get One Free, making the effective cost per game $2.50. Among the highlights that I've tested and know will be on sale:

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut
2. Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
3. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
5. Call of Juarez
6. Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood
7. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition
8. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
9. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers
10. Tom Clancy's Endwar
11. Rayman 3
12. Rayman Raving Rabids
13. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
14. Far Cry - Note only installs without the need for patching/workarounds on 32 bit machines. People with 64 bit machines will need to do some work to get it up and running
15. Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Damn T-Money, you are tempting again. I am trying not to buy games that those are some great prices. Might pick up the Call of Juarezs and Far Cry 2 with something else once the final list comes out.

[quote name='rockx4']I'll give it a try, any idea how long the amazon sale is for the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='headpiece747']Damn T-Money, you are tempting again. I am trying not to buy games that those are some great prices. Might pick up the Call of Juarezs and Far Cry 2 with something else once the final list comes out.[/QUOTE]

Glad you're psyched :) I just tested and passed the first Far Cry, the rub is that it only works as is on 32 bit machines. If you have a 64 bit machine there is quite a bit of patching/wizardry needed to get it running correctly.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']By the way guys, next week's deal of the week will feature another installment in our "DRM free Games for great prices" test. It will include between 15-19 games (still testing some to make sure the new builds work as expected) for $4.99 + Buy one Get One Free, making the effective cost per game $2.50. Among the highlights that I've tested and know will be on sale:

5. Call of Juarez
10. Tom Clancy's Endwar
11. Rayman 3
12. Rayman Raving Rabids
13. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell[/QUOTE]
Hey Tony:

Are these games all PC download version? Because I cant find the links for some of them, for instance, Heritage of Kings: The Settlers, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2,Call of Juarez, etc

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']By the way guys, next week's deal of the week will feature another installment in our "DRM free Games for great prices" test. It will include between 15-19 games (still testing some to make sure the new builds work as expected) for $4.99 + Buy one Get One Free, making the effective cost per game $2.50. Among the highlights that I've tested and know will be on sale:

5. Call of Juarez
10. Tom Clancy's Endwar
11. Rayman 3
12. Rayman Raving Rabids
Wow, Tony. Rayman 3 will probably be easy to test since the game's been DRM free at Good Old Games for some time.

But I thought Far Cry 2 was Steamworks?

[quote name='Eldmor']Hello Tony. Are you going to match Steams prices for Mafia titles ?[/QUOTE]

Hamsters, wheels, need more cheese :).

[quote name='metalkidz']Shhhh, so tempting, i will grab all Tom Clancy titles to complete my collection for sure.[/QUOTE]

There will be more added likely. I'm literally halfway through the install process for Vegas 2 as we speak, hoping to add it and Vegas to the list.

[quote name='pinkgun']Hey Tony:

Are these games all PC download version? Because I cant find the links for some of them, for instance, Heritage of Kings: The Settlers, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2,Call of Juarez, etc[/QUOTE]

They are all the PC download version, many of them are down from the site right now as I test them to make sure they work correctly. Once they do, I'll update everything and include links.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
They are all the PC download version, many of them are down from the site right now as I test them to make sure they work correctly. Once they do, I'll update everything and include links.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Cool, thank you :applause:

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Wow, Tony. Rayman 3 will probably be easy to test since the game's been DRM free at Good Old Games for some time.

But I thought Far Cry 2 was Steamworks?[/QUOTE]

Lol just because a game has been DRM free elsewhere doesn't mean we don't have to test the download and install process in our system. It isn't like we're pulling files down from GOG and putting them on our site. We get builds from the publisher, put them on our servers, and then test the download/install just like you as the customer would to make sure the process works right.

As for Far Cry 2, I'm not sure what the DRM was before, but we've stripped all of it out of our version. Again, there's a large segment of customers out there who want DRM free, and have shown that they'll buy from us when we make that an available option.

To give you a stark example. We put Divinity II and Football Manager 2012 on sale at $5.99. They are both doing extremely well but if you were paying attention to the Steam top sellers list while we had FM 2012 at $5.99 you'd notice that it remained number 2 on Steam's list at about twice the cost...for the same game. This tells me that our opportunity to attract customers lies in the DRM free space...as there are a ton of customers willing to pay twice as much to click a button on Steam rather than Amazon.

Make sense?

Cheers,
Tony

5. Call of Juarez
10. Tom Clancy's Endwar
11. Rayman 3
12. Rayman Raving Rabids
Holy shit, you got Ubisoft to allow the sale of DRM-free versions of their games? Is this new, or have I just been not paying attention to which games are DRM-free?

Considering their usual DRM system is always-online, two-activation, with optional requirements for your first born, blood sample, or a kick to the genitals, I'm actually surprised they'd go for it.

Tempted to pick something up to show support for this movement, but not sure what. I've already got copies of the games I really want. Maybe I'll try the CoJ games...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This tells me that our opportunity to attract customers lies in the DRM free space...as there are a ton of customers willing to pay twice as much to click a button on Steam rather than Amazon.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, Steam has a massive install base, your promotions are relatively new (and thus still not as well known, particularly overseas), and Valve/Steam has a large amount of customer goodwill/loyalty working for it. Intangibles like those can really affect how customers spend money. Plus, once you get invested in an ecosystem, it's difficult to invest outside of it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters, wheels, need more cheese :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

And what does that exactly mean :)? Judging from your previous posts, this would be happening, but you'll need some time for it. Please correct it for me, if I am wrong.

PS. Does anybody have a spare copy of Tony-talk -- English -- Tony-talk dictionary :) ?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Holy shit, you got Ubisoft to allow the sale of DRM-free versions of their games? Is this new, or have I just been not paying attention to which games are DRM-free?

Considering their usual DRM system is always-online, two-activation, with optional requirements for your first born, blood sample, or a kick to the genitals, I'm actually surprised they'd go for it.

Tempted to pick something up to show support for this movement, but not sure what. I've already got copies of the games I really want. Maybe I'll try the CoJ games...[/QUOTE]

We've been distributing 4 of these games DRM free for a couple of months: Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, and the Rayman Games (3 and Rabids). We provided sales feedback to Ubi related to Risen and Divinity II and they were excited about trying something out with their back catalog as well.

Like I said guys, I'm super transparent with you all so when I say, "the success of these sales directly impacts our ability to create similar promotions in the future" I mean that I'm taking the results to weekly meetings with anyone on the planet who will listen and telling them what I think the best move for their business is.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Eldmor']And what does that exactly mean :)? Judging from your previous posts, this would be happening, but you'll need some time for it. Please correct it for me, if I am wrong.

PS. Does anybody have a spare copy of Tony-talk -- English -- Tony-talk dictionary :) ?[/QUOTE]

Lol it means i've kicked off the system that changes prices and it takes between 10-45 minutes to propagate to the site :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Eldmor']And what does that exactly mean :)? Judging from your previous posts, this would be happening, but you'll need some time for it. Please correct it for me, if I am wrong.

PS. Does anybody have a spare copy of Tony-talk -- English -- Tony-talk dictionary :) ?[/QUOTE]

Here is a starting point:

Here

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We've been distributing 4 of these games DRM free for a couple of months: Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, and the Rayman Games (3 and Rabids). We provided sales feedback to Ubi related to Risen and Divinity II and they were excited about trying something out with their back catalog as well.

Like I said guys, I'm super transparent with you all so when I say, "the success of these sales directly impacts our ability to create similar promotions in the future" I mean that I'm taking the results to weekly meetings with anyone on the planet who will listen and telling them what I think the best move for their business is.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I've seen you say that, I just didn't realize it also included Ubisoft (I didn't pay much attention to Risen/Divinity because I've got too many RPGs already.) I'm honestly super glad that your sales are doing well enough to show them how being DRM-free is beneficial. Because in the end DRM hurts no one but normal customers, and the only way to beat piracy is price flexibility (like your sales) and convenience (1-click buying and downloading/installing.)

It's not a coincidence that most of the tech savvy people I know have gone from pirating to Steam because of the convenience and pricing.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol just because a game has been DRM free elsewhere doesn't mean we don't have to test the download and install process in our system. It isn't like we're pulling files down from GOG and putting them on our site. We get builds from the publisher, put them on our servers, and then test the download/install just like you as the customer would to make sure the process works right.

As for Far Cry 2, I'm not sure what the DRM was before, but we've stripped all of it out of our version. Again, there's a large segment of customers out there who want DRM free, and have shown that they'll buy from us when we make that an available option.

To give you a stark example. We put Divinity II and Football Manager 2012 on sale at $5.99. They are both doing extremely well but if you were paying attention to the Steam top sellers list while we had FM 2012 at $5.99 you'd notice that it remained number 2 on Steam's list at about twice the cost...for the same game. This tells me that our opportunity to attract customers lies in the DRM free space...as there are a ton of customers willing to pay twice as much to click a button on Steam rather than Amazon.

Make sense?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing the target audience with fm 2012 so the sales totals would be skewed on this on. Steam sells intentionally and the amazon deals are US only. Internationally SOCCER is huge. In the US not so much.

Any chance of doing that Dead Island deal sooner rather than later to match Newegg's sale? I'd prefer buying it via the Amazon digital store since I wouldn't have to wait for shipping.

[quote name='gamer5389']Any chance of doing that Dead Island deal sooner rather than later to match Newegg's sale? I'd prefer buying it via the Amazon digital store since I wouldn't have to wait for shipping.[/QUOTE]

If it was digital download they would. It's not :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back