Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked my credit card and it was no transaction indeed, but why Amazon gave me an error and said I should not re-purchase
anyway thanks Tony

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I've seen you say that, I just didn't realize it also included Ubisoft (I didn't pay much attention to Risen/Divinity because I've got too many RPGs already.) I'm honestly super glad that your sales are doing well enough to show them how being DRM-free is beneficial. Because in the end DRM hurts no one but normal customers, and the only way to beat piracy is price flexibility (like your sales) and convenience (1-click buying and downloading/installing.)

It's not a coincidence that most of the tech savvy people I know have gone from pirating to Steam because of the convenience and pricing.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it includes every one of the publishers I work with...I am constantly bringing them ideas on how we can move more of their products to an expanding audience.
[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']

To be fair, Steam has a massive install base, your promotions are relatively new (and thus still not as well known, particularly overseas), and Valve/Steam has a large amount of customer goodwill/loyalty working for it. Intangibles like those can really affect how customers spend money. Plus, once you get invested in an ecosystem, it's difficult to invest outside of it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I think you're missing the target audience with fm 2012 so the sales totals would be skewed on this on. Steam sells intentionally and the amazon deals are US only. Internationally SOCCER is huge. In the US not so much.[/QUOTE]

I'm not arguing this at all, just letting you guys know where I come from when I'm planning promotions/pitching ideas. I have to go with the data I have available, that being "When we do X we get Y result". My goal is to positively affect as many customers as possible :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol just because a game has been DRM free elsewhere doesn't mean we don't have to test the download and install process in our system. It isn't like we're pulling files down from GOG and putting them on our site. We get builds from the publisher, put them on our servers, and then test the download/install just like you as the customer would to make sure the process works right.[/QUOTE]Well I meant it in a "Ubi already has these working builds, they can just modify them and submit them to Amazon". :p

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Well I meant it in a "Ubi already has these working builds, they can just modify them and submit them to Amazon". :p[/QUOTE]

Ahh got it. yeah it makes the process a bit quicker, but we still have to do all the testing on our end to make 100% sure everything works :).

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah... that'd be nice. I'd bite on the Newegg but there's so many horror stories of duplicate keys and having to go through Steam's trashy customer service.

Would MUUUCCHHH rather deal with Amazon and digital.

Dead Island is a Steamworks title, so you will have to deal with them one way or another.

They took care of my issue in ~12 hours with my Newegg copy of DI.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Dead Island is a Steamworks title, so you will have to deal with them one way or another.

They took care of my issue in ~12 hours with my Newegg copy of DI.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion I don't see why they won't price match on boxed copies of Steamworks games. It's got to go on Steam either way. If given a choice I will opt for the digital download but if there's a price difference involved I will just order boxed and wait, ie digital download just lost a sale.

Yeah if amazon matches gamefly I'd be all over it. I won't buy anything from gamefly since they screwed up my d2d games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol just because a game has been DRM free elsewhere doesn't mean we don't have to test the download and install process in our system. It isn't like we're pulling files down from GOG and putting them on our site. We get builds from the publisher, put them on our servers, and then test the download/install just like you as the customer would to make sure the process works right.

As for Far Cry 2, I'm not sure what the DRM was before, but we've stripped all of it out of our version. Again, there's a large segment of customers out there who want DRM free, and have shown that they'll buy from us when we make that an available option.

To give you a stark example. We put Divinity II and Football Manager 2012 on sale at $5.99. They are both doing extremely well but if you were paying attention to the Steam top sellers list while we had FM 2012 at $5.99 you'd notice that it remained number 2 on Steam's list at about twice the cost...for the same game. This tells me that our opportunity to attract customers lies in the DRM free space...as there are a ton of customers willing to pay twice as much to click a button on Steam rather than Amazon.

Make sense?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I think part of the problem is that Amazon doesn't have an installation management client (yes I know about the downloader but its crap). I have purchased games on Amazon for the keys so that I can give the key to a friend, so if I look at my Digital Games library it looks like a huge mess (multiple copies of games, no idea which keys are mine or given to friends), and it doesn't help it just gets organized by purchase date. In fact it is probably the biggest problem I have with Amazon games, is how disorganized the library is. Not to mention, who knows which DRM it uses. GFWL, Steam, Origin, properitary, TAGES, etc?? No clue, just a bunch of .exes and cd keys.

I gladly prefer paying extra on Steam just so it is organized properly, easy to install/uninstall, and consistent DRM (Steam itself), and only buy from Amazon when it comes with a Steam code.

I'm not a Steam fanboy either.. It just offers convenience and consistent quality. When I get a bunch of .exe and cd keys with random DRM like you get with Amazon, then I can get the same thing off Usenet for free (which I don't and instead buy it on Steam, it is just that amazon has no value to me because of that)

Another vote for Dead Space price match
I may never play the game because the atmosphere really gets into my nerves (horror in space!) but would by it from Amazon just to show appreciation and the possibility I may play it ;)

I really wish for NFS Shift 2 Unleashed sale on Amazon, it is the "only" EA title that got no sales in the last 6-7 months :cry:

Price match on Dead Space, please!

... because Gamefly thinks I'm in an unsupported region, which is kinda true but not really. >_>

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut
2. Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
3. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
5. Call of Juarez
6. Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood
7. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition
8. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
9. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers
10. Tom Clancy's Endwar
11. Rayman 3
12. Rayman Raving Rabids
13. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
14. Far Cry - Note only installs without the need for patching/workarounds on 32 bit machines. People with 64 bit machines will need to do some work to get it up and running
15. Rainbow Six Vegas 2[/QUOTE]

thanks Tony.

If we bought some of these games during the feb sale, were/are those the DRM free versions and if not, will they be replaced with the new version in our digital download section?

Q: when you're putting together sales, do you try not to overlap them too much or if a title sells well, you'll include it in the next sale? for example I got the AC director cut $5 in the last sale but it comes out a bit cheaper here if you pick two games.

Dear Tony, I just sent you a PM, I hope you can help me with that :)
Thanks for your awesome work, I'm grabbing a couple of games on the next sale!

[quote name='smurfinaus']
How long will the FM2012 deal be available for?.
[/QUOTE]
I'm also interested in answer to this question.

Tony, could you help us?

[quote name='MysterD']Dead Space 1 PC download = $3 on GameFly
Dead Space 1 and 2 are awesome.
And it'd be awesome if Amazon DL matched this Dead Space 1 deal for other people who missed out on such awesome-ness.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='brettsp']Yeah if amazon matches gamefly I'd be all over it. I won't buy anything from gamefly since they screwed up my d2d games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']Another vote for Dead Space price match
I may never play the game because the atmosphere really gets into my nerves (horror in space!) but would by it from Amazon just to show appreciation and the possibility I may play it ;)

I really wish for NFS Shift 2 Unleashed sale on Amazon, it is the "only" EA title that got no sales in the last 6-7 months :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Price match on Dead Space, please!

... because Gamefly thinks I'm in an unsupported region, which is kinda true but not really. >_>[/QUOTE]

FYI this should go through shortly.

[quote name='CheapThomas']thanks Tony.

If we bought some of these games during the feb sale, were/are those the DRM free versions and if not, will they be replaced with the new version in our digital download section?

Q: when you're putting together sales, do you try not to overlap them too much or if a title sells well, you'll include it in the next sale? for example I got the AC director cut $5 in the last sale but it comes out a bit cheaper here if you pick two games.[/QUOTE]

If you bought a game that had DRM before you can re-download from your game and software library now and it will be DRM free, we've replaced all of the builds.

As for your question. We do try to make sure we don't overlap sales too often so that customers don't feel like they should have just waited for a better sale. Sometimes stuff slips through the cracks though (sounds like maybe AC1 did here) for which you have my apologies :(.

[quote name='IceColb']Dear Tony, I just sent you a PM, I hope you can help me with that :)
Thanks for your awesome work, I'm grabbing a couple of games on the next sale![/QUOTE]

Checking now.

[quote name='poxi']I'm also interested in answer to this question.

Tony, could you help us?[/QUOTE]

I believe I answered this, 3/11 at 11:59:59.

Cheers,
Tony

Just a heads up for those who got Risen on steam ways back:

Update to remove 3rd Party DRM solution from game

You can most definitely thank T-Money for that since he got the wheels turning over at Deep Silver ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']By the way guys, next week's deal of the week will feature another installment in our "DRM free Games for great prices" test. It will include between 15-19 games (still testing some to make sure the new builds work as expected) for $4.99 + Buy one Get One Free, making the effective cost per game $2.50. Among the highlights that I've tested and know will be on sale:

5. Call of Juarez
10. Tom Clancy's Endwar
11. Rayman 3
12. Rayman Raving Rabids
14. Far Cry - Note only installs without the need for patching/workarounds on 32 bit machines. People with 64 bit machines will need to do some work to get it up and running

I wish there were some different games in there. I own all the games in that list I would want.

Most of these are pretty old titles, I wonder how big of a success the sale will be. Good luck Tony.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just a heads up for those who got Risen on steam ways back:

Update to remove 3rd Party DRM solution from game

You can most definitely thank T-Money for that since he got the wheels turning over at Deep Silver ;)

[/QUOTE]

Well, T-Money and Amazon wanted to keep selling Risen PC and had to get the DRM issues sorted out, or else selling the product would be pointless if nobody could get the game activated and booted.
And T-Money delivered, obviously! :D

THANKS T-Money!!!
I have had the Risen: Steam version for a LONG TIME. :D

whoo, more drm free games. but... of the list so many tom clancy games that if you aren't too into shooters where you die in a hit you aren't gonna get much here. some are different than their console counterparts (most notably GRAW2), so it's something to watch out for. the one most surprising of that list is AC, especially when you remember just how bad the drm is in the sequels for PC. while i'll gladly support more drm free games, tom clancy games aren't those that i have ever been able to really get into, and that's a good chunk of the list. a couple different genres would be nice (right now it's 2/3 shooters, while there's a good 4 genres in that list that's because said 4 have just a single game in it).

[quote name='stupidproz1']I wish there were some different games in there. I own all the games in that list I would want.

Most of these are pretty old titles, I wonder how big of a success the sale will be. Good luck Tony.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkZero104']whoo, more drm free games. but... of the list so many tom clancy games that if you aren't too into shooters where you die in a hit you aren't gonna get much here. some are different than their console counterparts (most notably GRAW2), so it's something to watch out for. the one most surprising of that list is AC, especially when you remember just how bad the drm is in the sequels for PC. while i'll gladly support more drm free games, tom clancy games aren't those that i have ever been able to really get into, and that's a good chunk of the list. a couple different genres would be nice (right now it's 2/3 shooters, while there's a good 4 genres in that list that's because said 4 have just a single game in it).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback guys, I can tell you that the last 3 games i'm testing are all tom clancy games, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (the first one), and HAWX.

Sorry if the sale isn't for you, hopefully the next one will be :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the feedback guys, I can tell you that the last 3 games i'm testing are all tom clancy games, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (the first one), and HAWX.

Sorry if the sale isn't for you, hopefully the next one will be :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

In for GRAW and HAWX, what date does this sale starts?

[quote name='kaydigi']In for GRAW and HAWX, what date does this sale starts?[/QUOTE]

Things are not looking good for the GRAW testing, I can't get the new build to load once it installs. I will keep you updated. Testing HAWX tonight.

[quote name='IceColb']Sup Tony, any news for my PM question?
Sorry for offtopic guys.

/Apologizes.[/QUOTE]

Just responded...sorry dude, wish I could be more helpful, I don't deal with our physical inventory orders though :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']To give you a stark example. We put Divinity II and Football Manager 2012 on sale at $5.99. They are both doing extremely well but if you were paying attention to the Steam top sellers list while we had FM 2012 at $5.99 you'd notice that it remained number 2 on Steam's list at about twice the cost...for the same game. This tells me that our opportunity to attract customers lies in the DRM free space...as there are a ton of customers willing to pay twice as much to click a button on Steam rather than Amazon.

Make sense?[/QUOTE]

I'm a Steam fan (since 01/2011). Also, an Amazon fan (can't remember properly, maybe since 2007 or even before that). BUT, on top of it all, I am a fan of my WALLET. I love to save money... but that doesn't mean buy from anywhere. I trust Amazon, Steam and GOG on my digital purchases. I use to read a lot of forums, and what stop most people from buying digital downloadable games from amazon is "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.". Also the "Gifting is not available for this item." is a small but valid factor.

Purchased ME3 from Amazon, they just sent me an email saying they apologized for the trouble people experienced and were giving me one free EA Game download from list: Mirrors Edge, DA:O, Dead Space, or Mass Effect.

Good thing I have all those games....

SecuROM on Dead Space means that even if Amazon matches at $3, I won't buy it.

Great deal, and nothing to do with Amazon themselves, but I just can't support games with intrusive DRM like SecuROM. Games having to be linked to Steam is bad enough.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Things are not looking good for the GRAW testing, I can't get the new build to load once it installs. I will keep you updated. Testing HAWX tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Cool, Thanks Tony. I hope Hawx works, that game looks awesome.

[quote name='kaydigi']Cool, Thanks Tony. I hope Hawx works, that game looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

Sorry and to fully answer your original question, we will start this sale on Sunday, 3/11. I hope HAWX works too, we'll definitely have Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 on sale though if you're interested in the sequel (assuming we can't get 1 working).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='juanjava']I'm a Steam fan (since 01/2011). Also, an Amazon fan (can't remember properly, maybe since 2007 or even before that). BUT, on top of it all, I am a fan of my WALLET. I love to save money... but that doesn't mean buy from anywhere. I trust Amazon, Steam and GOG on my digital purchases. I use to read a lot of forums, and what stop most people from buying digital downloadable games from amazon is "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.". Also the "Gifting is not available for this item." is a small but valid factor.[/QUOTE]

This is not really a problem and tbh it may not be Amazon's fault coz game distributors have a lot of region restrictions and some games can only be activated from a US IP

I am an Egyptian living in Egypt but visit the States regulary and have a brother in TN (he, his wife and 2 kids are American citizens) and live with him in his house when I go there and use his address for my Amazon account, not only for Digital Game downloads but also for physical stuff to be shipped there since 2008 (first purchase from Amazon was ATI Radeon HD4870 on release day :D)

Edit: The Darkness II DVD-ROM is $18.75 on Amazon now and that is "half" the price of DD version and even lower than the $25 sale, wow!

I think I will start ordering physical copies of games registerable on Steam and just get the key lol

There's something hilariously ironic about a big Ubisoft game sale for "DRM free" stuff, when they are the biggest offenders by far for implementing ridiculous hurdles to paying customers.

DRM free games! My wallet would cry next week :p
One question Tony, how does Amazon games update? New games & old games. When a game get patch, how long does it take for it to reach amazon customer and how do they download it? Manual patch or need to redownload the whole installer? Or it is delivered automatically?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']There's something hilariously ironic about a big Ubisoft game sale for "DRM free" stuff, when they are the biggest offenders by far for implementing ridiculous hurdles to paying customers.[/QUOTE]

another reason to catch them all. great for those like me who havent bought it yet.

Was going to ask for Dead Space PM but I see that's already been done, so here's another request, although this one's a bit more of a long shot: any chance you could get HAWX 2 into that DRM free sale at all? It's been years and I don't seem to ever remember it ever being on sale anywhere else like...ever.

[quote name='Psybuster']Was going to ask for Dead Space PM but I see that's already been done, so here's another request, although this one's a bit more of a long shot: any chance you could get HAWX 2 into that DRM free sale at all? It's been years and I don't seem to ever remember it ever being on sale anywhere else like...ever.[/QUOTE]

We actually don't have a DRM free version of HAWX 2, I am pushing for it...again everything is in test and learn mode right now.

That being said, we HAVE had HAWX 2 on promo at twice in the past 4 months...look for it again soon :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We actually don't have a DRM free version of HAWX 2, I am pushing for it...again everything is in test and learn mode right now.

That being said, we HAVE had HAWX 2 on promo at twice in the past 4 months...look for it again soon :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Have you had anyone mention problems of games disappearing from their library? I'm missing a few and was curious.

Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']By the way guys, next week's deal of the week will feature another installment in our "DRM free Games for great prices" test. It will include between 15-19 games (still testing some to make sure the new builds work as expected) for $4.99 + Buy one Get One Free, making the effective cost per game $2.50. Among the highlights that I've tested and know will be on sale:

5. Call of Juarez
10. Tom Clancy's Endwar
11. Rayman 3
12. Rayman Raving Rabids

I own many of those on disc already.

So, are they removing the DRM check on the disc-check versions?
Or have some of them had the disc-check DRM removed already?
Anyone know? Or remember?

I can't recall on some of them...

[quote name='pROvIs']Hi Tony,

Have you had anyone mention problems of games disappearing from their library? I'm missing a few and was curious.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I've heard 0 reports of this. You should contact CS immediately though and please follow up with me via PM with what you hear. Send me your email address so we can communicate directly and more quickly.

I'd like to root cause this immediately.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']I own many of those on disc already.

So, are they removing the DRM check on the disc-check versions?
Or have some of them had the disc-check DRM removed already?
Anyone know? Or remember?

I can't recall on some of them...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean by disc-check. All of these games come with a key that is used to access multiplayer. So far I've only had to use this key in 2 or 3 games for the installation process to complete, but again, this isn't DRM it is multiplayer activation, no 3rd party software is installed.

Hope this answers your question, let me know if it doesn't.

Cheers,
Tony

I have immensely enjoyed Football Manager 2012 so far. I'm not big on soccer but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the hell out of a well made sim.

[quote name='avwjase']I have immensely enjoyed Football Manager 2012 so far. I'm not big on soccer but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the hell out of a well made sim.[/QUOTE]

hmmm im so tempted only because i have some sick addiction of buying games....but soccer......

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I'm not sure what you mean by disc-check. All of these games come with a key that is used to access multiplayer. So far I've only had to use this key in 2 or 3 games for the installation process to complete, but again, this isn't DRM it is multiplayer activation, no 3rd party software is installed.

Hope this answers your question, let me know if it doesn't.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
As I said - I own many of the games you have listed from Retail [in a Retail Box] on disc already .
Most of those, they had disc-checks - and I was wondering if they got removed in a patch for the retail box version.
[TRANSLATION - I'm not looking to re-buy most of these titles from Amazon DL, since I own a ton of those on disc from Retail already]

What I was wondering if you [which I doubted] or any other gamers out there knew if the disc-versions you'd get in a Retail Box had their DRM removed in a patch or whatever.

So, my post wasn't really aimed at you, Tony...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just got done testing HAWX. It is DRM free, works like a charm, and REALLLLY fun.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hawx 2 drm free? please?

The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition
Heritage of Kings: The Settlers

i know drm free but will it be steamable with keys ?

[quote name='Uplink']The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition
Heritage of Kings: The Settlers

i know drm free but will it be steamable with keys ?[/QUOTE]

Steam is DRM dude, so no Steam redeemable

[quote name='r9800pro']This is not really a problem and tbh it may not be Amazon's fault coz game distributors have a lot of region restrictions and some games can only be activated from a US IP[/QUOTE]

I know it is not a "problem". I believe it is a "factor" of why some people buy from Steam or other DD sites instead of Amazon even if Amazon product being cheaper.

I am an Egyptian living in Egypt but visit the States regulary and have a brother in TN (he, his wife and 2 kids are American citizens) and live with him in his house when I go there and use his address for my Amazon account, not only for Digital Game downloads but also for physical stuff to be shipped there since 2008 (first purchase from Amazon was ATI Radeon HD4870 on release day :D)
I'm in the same car as you :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just got done testing HAWX. It is DRM free, works like a charm, and REALLLLY fun[/QUOTE]

I second that. The game is really fun. I don't use to like flight games... the only flight games I loved were Wing Commander, Strike Commander, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Crimson Skies... and now HAWX.

[quote name='MysterD']As I said - I own many of the games you have listed from Retail [in a Retail Box] on disc already .
Most of those, they had disc-checks - and I was wondering if they got removed in a patch for the retail box version.
[TRANSLATION - I'm not looking to re-buy most of these titles from Amazon DL, since I own a ton of those on disc from Retail already]

What I was wondering if you [which I doubted] or any other gamers out there knew if the disc-versions you'd get in a Retail Box had their DRM removed in a patch or whatever.

So, my post wasn't really aimed at you, Tony...[/QUOTE]

Install game, download patches, report back to CAG. Hopefully it is patched up for the retail version :)

Hi, Tony! I'm just getting back into PC gaming, and I'm trying to switch some of my console games over to PC (preferably organized via Steam). The Origin store had Mass Effect for around $8 after coupon and Best Buy had $5 Mass Effect 2 (sadly for 360/PS3 only), is there any chance we can see these in the sale to celebrate the ME3 release? That would definitely make my week, thanks!

Also, I'm probably going to pick up Dead Space via Amazon. Does that include a Steam key, or am I stuck with Sony DRM? How can I tell from listings in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back