Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tacos and wheat bran for breakfast? Your day's going to get interesting before lunch time.

3 coupons left. What to buy? I'm thinking of skipping sleepy dogs even though that's a great price. It seems to be on sale all the time.

Tomb Raider

Hitman: Absolution

LA Noire/MP3

Sleeping Dogs
Hitman and LA Noire/MP3 for sure.

Tacos and wheat bran for breakfast? Your day's going to get interesting before lunch time.

3 coupons left. What to buy? I'm thinking of skipping sleepy dogs even though that's a great price. It seems to be on sale all the time.

Tomb Raider

Hitman: Absolution

LA Noire/MP3

Sleeping Dogs
Better than my breakfasts from twenty years ago of beer and/or whiskey and pizza.

I'd say LA Noire/MP3, Tomb Raider and Slopy Dogs of that bunch.

Has anyone tried to use an EC coupon on Sleeping Dogs Nightmare In North Point...hmm I wonder.

EDIT:

Dammit, nope.

Believe I still have 10 ECs and can probably spare 8 if anyone is interested.

Might need id if a person has 1 post and created an account this month.

my dark souls code is XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

usually they are XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Just found it odd.
My Dark Souls PTD code from Amazon that I got a while back is like that, in its format.

It should activate-up on Steam.

Keep this in mind - Dark Souls: PTD PC currently requires both Steam + G4WL.

That's the typical length of a G4WL code.

Many times, game keys on Steam-versions that have that kind of format - that's a game using both G4WL (ewwww) + Steam.

My Dark Souls PTD code from Amazon that I got a while back is like that, in its format.

It should activate-up on Steam.

Keep this in mind - Dark Souls PC PTD currently requires both Steam + G4WL.

That's the typical length of a G4WL code.

Many times, game keys on Steam-versions that have that kind of format - that's a game using both G4WL (ewwww) + Steam.
Thank You Mr. Peanut

Tony,

Just wanted to let you know that my Dark Souls code activated on Steam just fine.  It was one of the 25-digit codes like others have reported.

Bought Dark Souls for someone and they backed out. Anyone want it for $3.00 amazon credit?

I also have an extra Enslaved/Inversion bundle if interested.

Also, last offer for an EC coupon.

Edit: Make it $2.49, just realized that it wasn't $7.99 pre-coupon..

EC sale isn't even over yet and already people are profiteering.  At least have the tact to do it in the trade thread, guys (not talking to the people who are obviously joking just the ones who obviously aren't).

EC sale isn't even over yet and already people are profiteering. At least have the tact to do it in the trade thread, guys (not talking to the people who are obviously joking just the ones who obviously aren't).
I just wanted to cover the taxes. Shoot. I apologize. Here is some Steam keys for my mistake.

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box DHZM3-8K2LZ-BFEH2

Mirror's Edge P5JX7-VEATC-MBED0
Insecticide ED295-IGMF8-FWAHI

Legendary NHGNQ-V96HA-CQ7YH

SpaceChem M7DZB-C99LG-RB5AW

Tropico Trilogy (3 games in 1) QIA7C-HLJ8I-XG4PZ

Section 8 5573L-EVGXW-GQXC9

RIP Trilogy QWW4T-827N5-49327

A New Beginning - Final Cut 9NC0I-49CTW-EZ058

Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers 560FP-Q0HDN-GLX34

Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood 8RT9E-GJ84V-4YXCK

Pirates of the Black Cove HZN62-K4CCI-LZ0XL

I will purchase anyone anything for the following:

• Base price
  • $3 Target Gift Card
  • Rights to your eternal soul
  • That Lovely Poutpourri From JC Penney's
  • Your firstborn child
  • $4 Steam Wallet

Just stole 2 codes, thanks diggler

Will give away Inversion as thanks: 7JAHA-QRN85-VXZ5D

works in NA region only
No prob. Here is some more

Velvet Assasin 7G3JR-QQRMP-09DII

Dead Space JZCPM-JZQLH-K6CET

Dear Esther 6C98A-CDZZM-4GL3L

Sword of the Stars Complete Collection 95Y4N-2ZRYE-QIVVE

Vessel 9N8JX-LWBBA-GMZ77

Nightsky 7Q430-9ZXDQ-ZNYQT

Waking Mars FEM0A-76Q8Y-663WF

McPixel DRGP3-FDEXN-XRLKH

Painkiller: Overdose 9M409-NE7ZA-9V8C0

Painkiller: Redemption 8EL8X-Z0EMP-327BV

Painkiller: Recurring Evil 8BPNL-MYKXX-6JZYT

Edna & Harvey's New Eyes 9IA27-FZ3NY-VD6R8

English Country Tune AYHIY-RCN84-T8GWT

Intrusion 2 8020M-A38B8-4K9YR

Oil Rush LXRPLZ4NFTHY7JMM

Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 2882D-BQNM6-2I4IL

RIP Trilogy - 92KLH-2N4MC-CA7XF

Naval War Arctic Circle 4YCHZ-ZZ8KH-XE2WX

Zombie Shooter E6ICR-AN4FY-Q5H4E

Grotesque Tactics 2 90F0Q-L402J-FDXWK

S.P.A.Z. 8CVVM-ANHTY-36LHJ

Hydrophobia Prophecy 4TFD2-IIXHY-RQCVV

Mark of the Ninja EKRJH-M0360-PWB2P

Brutal Legend 9QBPZ-NWEN9-7L6NQ

Oh and here is 2 Origin ;)

Origin

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box HGTT-JE2D-NS7V-LN52-4YJ9

Mirror's Edge B5JJ-KS77-P7AZ-L5DR-9B96

Given that the coupons required a purchase and give a discount, they do have a certain amount of "value." That said, the trading thread is definitely where it belongs. Last year I happily paid extra for use of coupons when mine ran out.

• Base price
  • $3 Target Gift Card
  • Your firstborn child
  • $4 Steam Wallet
i know i like 3 and 5 yo hehh lrip my soul nah jk and firstborn child um i think

• Base price
  • $3 Target Gift Card
  • Your firstborn child
  • $4 Steam Wallet
LOL @ eternal soul & 1st-born child.

But, what if one never has a child?

EDIT:

Not even sure Dark Souls is a game I'd enjoy, but for $2.49, how can I say no.
Let me know if that game's still for you, after tossing the controller 100 times. ;)

• Base price
  • $3 Target Gift Card
  • Your firstborn child
  • $4 Steam Wallet
What if I said you can have my first born? Would you help me out and take him off my hands? How long would you like to keep him?

Oh hai,

I ran out of coupons. Burned all 7 I had.  I still need Thief pack.

What I've got... a 3.00 Amazon GC.  Somebody PM me quick to make it happen.

tyty

diggler is working on the situation.  I'll let u guys know if things dont work out.  Thx to all who offered help

Hot damn, you guys are fast!

Every single code gone in under 5!

I'd like to personally thank diggler41 for doing what he just did, though. Random acts of niceness are part of what makes this demented place cool. :applause:

While people are fighting over offers for EC purchases, the casual games are bleeding through to the "regular" PC Download section of the store.

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Disco-Hidden-Object-Download/dp/B00GRVMCRU is just one of them.  Are you trying to confuse poor tebow?  (Granted, if the casual titles were all on Steam, we'd probably buy them up like hotcakes.  Assuming that there's a decent sale on hotcakes and an IHOP or Denny's nearby.)

Also,

I will NOT make an EC purchase using any of my remaining coupons for anyone who wishes to pay me the dollar value of the game you want + $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back