Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, Tony your CS staff are telling people Amazon doesn't have the Vanguard Princess Steam keys a while the publisher is saying they gave them to Amazon.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/262150/discussions/0/558749191551693040/

Personally I don't see why those call center people don't just try to, you know, contact the person who actually manages the digital game store but I guess that's not in their job description or something.
Call-center managers frown on any independent action from any member of the staff. The perfect call center employee knows absolutely everything in the training manual, and absolutely nothing else. I don't know about Amazon, but there are call centers where saying or doing anything "off-script" could get you fired.

Tony's last post said that he was trying to figure out what's going on. When he figures it out, he'll publish some internal document spelling out how things are supposed to work. Eventually, that document will be added to the call centers' training manuals, and then sometime after that you'll start seeing more helpful responses from the rank and file.

... sometime after that you'll start seeing more helpful responses from the rank and file.
Knowing Amazon CS, I think that's doubtful. 90% of my interactions with them lead to misinformation and utter confusion on their part. It's a known fact that Amazon puts its money into giving customers credit instead of paying more for more experienced CS reps and/or training.

Amazon would be one of the worst CS I've ever dealt with, if not for their usual promptness (I've had them ignore or miss emails before, and had to resend) and willingness to offer credit and returns in most cases. Everything else is just plain terrible and untrained nonsense.

You're regretting not saving all those spanky spanksy chat logs now, arentcha?

Actually SimCity was ported to the Palm III... it was neat to have that at the time.
I used to have SimCity on my SNES. I regret giving it up, but I did replace it with the superior SimCity 2000 on my PlayStation (complete with Sony mouse/pad!)

Sounds like someone needs an Alabama steamroller.
Damn it, man. I just looked that up, you got me. Hook, line and sinker.
I will NOT be roped into this again! Stop it now, I say!!

Note to self, Motoki saves chat logs.
And he has contacts in all of the appropriate federal agencies too!

• Some people here like strange acts of sex ... is it bad I knew what they all where without googling it??
"Bad" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Ok, well I only have two palms. Not all of us are cats.
Perhaps not, but all of us should be.

This place gets weird when everyone's got a $2 copy of Aliens: Colonial Marines and Tony hasn't set us up with a decent fix for weeks. I think the withdrawal is causing some rather strange hallucinatory episodes.
So, when's the EC sale for March 2014? ;)

It's worth $2 considering you've probably bought fast food, for that same amount, that only rewarded you with diarrhea. So... ACM is only a little better than runny, liquid shits.
except i got to eat the fast food first. so i used the product. a more apt comparison is if i bought the fast food and just let it sit in my car forever and never touched it

I forgot that so many of you guys don't actually play the games you buy. :wall:
I play mine!

...slowly. Ever so slowly. :(

If I don't buy a single game from now on and stick to my 1-game-per-week schedule, I'll be done in about 8 years. That's not counting all my PS+ games that will roll in from the ~4 years I have left on the sub, either. :D/

I forgot that so many of you guys don't actually play the games you buy. :wall:
I have almost 800 games on Steam, over a 100 on Desura (not including probably another 100 unredeemed Desura keys), and much more DRM free and elsewhere.

And that's small potatoes in the CAG world.

There's really no way I can play all my games in a reasonable time frame. Not really.

So... you guys aren't actually "gamers", just dirty, dirty consumers or worse ... collectors.

Edit: Sort of like digital Hoarders.

So... you guys aren't actually "gamers", just dirty, dirty consumers or worse ... collectors.

Edit: Sort of like digital Hoarders.
I still play my games, I just can't play all of them. I bought State of Decay when it was on sale and I've been playing the crap out of it.

It's nice having a library of games that span every genre and every mood you may be in, even if you can't play EVERY game.

I don't get the vacillation over purchasing cheap games. If you're a hoarder, it's +1 to your game count. What does it matter what the title is or if you may/may not play it? If you're a player and there's interest, it goes in your library at a decent price, ready when you're willing.

I don't get the vacillation over purchasing cheap games. If you're a hoarder, it's +1 to your game count. What does it matter what the title is or if you may/may not play it? If you're a player and there's interest, it goes in your library at a decent price, ready when you're willing.
I'm only waiting to see what tomorrow's Humble Weekly is before I jump on ACM from Amazon. Although even if it is a Sega bundle it's unlikely to be in it.

o rly y u do dis

Playfire rewards will cover a majority of that, if you can get them working...
That's been tempting me too, but Playfire has never worked for me yet, so I don't know.

Because I run out of money.

You've bought Steam games you have no interest in to only increase the count?

I'm not, seriously, trying to belittle anyone, just understand the mentality.

At least 50% of the bundle games I buy would likely count as fluff, so yes.
Ok.

What about Steam games with cards, that most people just idle? If I take the time/use the space to download something, I'll at least play it for a 30 min to an hour just to see if it's worth keeping or deleting.

Ok.

What about Steam games with cards, that most people just idle? If I take the the time/use the space to download something, I'll at least play it for a 30 min to an hour just to see if it's worth keeping or deleting.
I install all my games, Steam, Uplay, Origin, DRM Free...regardless if I'm going to play them or not. And I actually craft badges, but I stopped idling because I couldn't keep up.

Even though ACM is only $2, Sega is currently on a sale spree, so I am hoping for a complete pack of some kind.

Tony, this is your cue...

All we need are some Sega complete packs, and a few sega humble bundles, and it'll be THQ all over again.

Good times

It's a sickness.

But seriously, I just redeemed probably over 50 keys in the past couple of days, because I finally decided to give up on having any sort of quality control where my library is concerned. I can't be bothered to keep track of what has cards and Playfire rewards and then dig it out of the bundle key archive. Most of these bundled games I only paid cents for anyway, so I figure I'll just keep everything in one place, drop any dupes I have here, and then I can easily see if I need to idle anything. You know, like a normal person.

I wouldn't say I buy games just to add to game count, but if they get to a certain price point, it becomes sort of a why not mentality for me. Every now and then I might sell off bundle keys to bring down the price, but usually I just activate them all no matter what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back