Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Belmont approaches the unchanged price tag.

Tony: "Die, monster!  You don't belong in this world!"

Price: "It was not by my hand that I was once again not given discount.  I was priced here by humans who wish to pay me full price."

Tony: "Full price!?!  You steal CAGs' souls and make them your slaves!"

Price: "Perhaps the same could be said of all digital distributors..."

Tony: "Your words are as empty as your price point.  CAGkind ill needs a savior such as you!"

Price: "What is a CAG? *Tosses wine glass* A miserable pile of backlog.  But enough talk...Have at you!"

It's a customer service rep.. they don't know shit, so they give a generic response. The official response was that they want to patch GFWL out of DiRT 3, but nothing has been announced for their other games (although they are looking into them).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317429-the-steam-deals-cards-thread-v9-capcom-30-year-anniversary-deals/?view=findpost&p=11112900
yea mine was before that i tried aftr lame would sending them on facebook be much differencE?

yea mine was before that i tried aftr lame would sending them on facebook be much differencE?
I don't know, but the responses I posted are likely the best we're gonna get for a while. They were recent, and they need time to figure out what to do. They'll probably update us on the situation later.

I don't know, but the responses I posted are likely the best we're gonna get for a while. They were recent, and they need time to figure out what to do. They'll probably update us on the situation later.
well i ask codemaster on facebook

• Conversation started March 5

• 3/5, 9:35pm
    Viet Buu Trieu

Any way u can get dirt back on steam or steam key for dirt?

• March 11

• 3/11, 3:17am
    Codemasters

Hi Viet, we'll pass this on to our team that manages the Steam stuff. Thanks!

• March 11

• 3/11, 8:01am
    Viet Buu Trieu

thanks

• March 14

• 3/14, 11:25am
    Viet Buu Trieu

Will u ever put ur games digitially on amazon in the future?

• March 15

• 3/15, 4:25am
    Codemasters

hello again, I'm not sure what the plans are but we are definitely investigating more digital options!

• March 20

• 3/20, 6:43pm
    Viet Buu Trieu

Do you have any plan to put the dirt series on sale on steam gamersgate or getgamesgo?

• March 21

• 3/21, 12:18pm
    Codemasters

Hi Viet, there will most likely be a sale at some point however we don't have any details that we can confirm right now.

• Viet Buu Trieu

• Will you start patching out ur games with GFWL to make the mulltiplayer works for ur games so the players can still play after GFWL is shut down next year in july

• August 28

• 8/28, 3:01am
    Codemasters

Hi Viet, We don't have anything to announce right now but we'll let you know when we do

• March 25

Good question.

I wish I knew, too.
bc capcom went to steamworks and felt amazon is worth time maybe?

im being idk. i dont know im still havent decide to buy humble weekly or not xamon and neuro are telling me to buy it who wants to join them mahah eeven tho 4 of 6 i dont want and 2 i ahave

bc capcom went to steamworks and felt amazon is worth time maybe?
im being idk. i dont know im still havent decide to buy humble weekly or not xamon and neuro are telling me to buy it who wants to join them mahah eeven tho 4 of 6 i dont want and 2 i ahave

Buy it, because I'm idk :whee:

shouldnt u buy it since some of u rwish lsit on theere hhe and it ur faultl mns xamon and neuro and jakenome

I'm buying it (probably the full bunsle), I've just been too lazy to do so yet :p

Friend wanted to buy SF4AE but Steam already finished their sale on SF4AE. Is the one on Amazon a Steam Key?
It doesn't list anything but GFWL. I haven't bought it for that reason either. If SXT got a redeemable Steam key I don't get why SSF4 doesn't.

Since Steam is having a massive Resident Evil sale...

...why doesn't Amazon DVG carry RE6, RE: Operation Raccoon City, & RE:Revelations?

I dunno why Capcom ain't been giving Amazon DVG some of their more recent of their PC titles.

They used to give Amazon DVG a pretty fair amount of Capcom titles.
tony should chat with them then i think the only two publisher company i fb message with that answer are Deep Silver andd Codemaster

Tony...

Christmas is coming up.

Let me be "that guy."

KOA: Reckoning steam edition, will this ever happen. Is this The Last Guardian of video game deals?

Tony...

Christmas is coming up.

Let me be "that guy."

KOA: Reckoning steam edition, will this ever happen. Is this The Last Guardian of video game deals?
Doubt you'll see Steam redeemable Amalur on Amazon in the next few months. They're finally bringing the IP to auction on November 13th: http://www.hgpauction.com/auctions/29297/38-studios/ -- after that it'll be up to whoever buys it.

I'm curious to see who grabs it given it's not a very popular IP and I really can't see anyone doing a sequel.  My best guess is one of these F2P MMO outfits could scoop it up for 'Copernicus.'

I'm curious to see who grabs it given it's not a very popular IP and I really can't see anyone doing a sequel. My best guess is one of these F2P MMO outfits could scoop it up for 'Copernicus.'
Rise of Nations/Legends in with it too though!

Anyone wanna jump in on a group buy?
So, us CAG'ers gonna buy the Amalur IP, yes? ;)

Oh, man - if only we can get BHG Baltimore back together and get them working on Reckoning 2. ;)

Funny y'all should mention Amalur - I been working on Teeth of Naros last few days and finished it last night.

So, who we gonna get to finish "Copernicus" MMO up?

So, us CAG'ers gonna buy the Amalur IP, yes? ;)

Oh, man - if only we can get BHG Baltimore back together and get them working on Reckoning 2. ;)

Funny y'all should mention Amalur - I been working on Teeth of Naros last few days and finished it last night.

So, who we gonna get to finish "Copernicus" MMO up?
u hehh

Maybe someone can start a Kickstarter with a board of directors to buy the IP and offer the first future game out of it as a reward.  With how much money some of these kickstarter campaigns generate, I wouldn't be surprised if it went for < 5 mil.

I would think they'd auction those IP's off separately from Amalur. That is, they'll be up in the same auction but it's possible different companies will buy them.
If you guys click the link from earlier, it provides a breakdown of the three bundles available. They are: all of the Amalur IP, then RoN/RoL and the Catan Xbox game, and finally some in-house technology they developed.

Maybe someone can start a Kickstarter with a board of directors to buy the IP and offer the first future game out of it as a reward. With how much money some of these kickstarter campaigns generate, I wouldn't be surprised if it went for &lt; 5 mil.
That was my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back