Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess tony is busy doing price matching everytime Steam Sales refresh ...

lol... just want to say , THANK YOU :wave: TONY :wave:  !

Good info. While the free games promo is listed on the game info page for Home, it is NOT on the list of qualifying titles.
At one point it was... when it wasn't on sale. That list changes daily, I swear.

TSW is $14.99 on steam... Would love to use Gooncave
I'd recommend just buying it on Steam. Cards, chance at foils, money back on cards, exclusive Steam shirt and hoodie in game, etc. 15% really doesn't make up for what you're not getting, tbh.

Tony -- Seems to still be broken? (Will you be back-filling the orders or do we have to work through CS?). Thanks.
i sent him a PM, if he respond too me before the thread ill share what he say, thu am sure he reply too both around same time when he knows

I THINK all PMs are in place now. TSW should be through in like 10-40 minutes.
Cheers,
Tony
Is there a time they should all be live?
There were fifty-one in the list I gave, and it looks like twelve of them matched so far.

Am I being too pushy with this? Should I just use the tell us about a lower price instead?

I don't care about steam cards. I just want cheap games, not games while I buy games.

Thanks, Tony. Pick it up after work.

Amazon DVG Deals, on 11 Jul 2013 - 8:24 PM, said:

Our Free-to-Play Deal of the Week is a Silver Founder's Pack for Arena of Heroes, featuring $35 worth of in-game content for just $2.00. Learn more
Hey Tony, is this outdated? Or did you mean to say $20? I hadn't noticed it until now.
It was $2 for a little while but the deal expired. The same package (and even better packages) was given away free extensively online in the last few months.

At one point it was... when it wasn't on sale. That list changes daily, I swear.

I'd recommend just buying it on Steam. Cards, chance at foils, money back on cards, exclusive Steam shirt and hoodie in game, etc. 15% really doesn't make up for what you're not getting, tbh.
I posted this on the Steam Sale thread, but since you're here and talking about it: do you have any guest passes available?

that wasn't matched
Not worth the hassle of downloading Gamestop's client, hence why I'm waiting.

Speaking of which, will Amazon ever be getting an optional download client for large file sizes?

And who else doesn't think Mars: War Logs at 66% off or more would be an appealing sale?

... Not worth the hassle of downloading Gamestop's client ...

...will Amazon ever be getting an optional download client? ....
:whistle2:k OK, that's kinda confusing.

Really, the GameStop client isn't that bad. It's a small download, you copy your code, exit, and never worry about it again unless you want to. To each there own, however.

:whistle2:k OK, that's kinda confusing.

Really, the GameStop client isn't that bad. It's a small download, you copy your code, exit, and never worry about it again unless you want to. To each there own, however.
Yeah, I hear you. If I was going to play it immediately, I'd do it, but the small extra step was enough for me to simply wait until someone else has the same sale. I still need to finish the main Walking Dead campaign.

I bought TSW back then too, can't bring myself to buy again just for virtual cards (though the compulsive in me really, really wants too)

To be clear on this, Home was never on that list. We only recently put it up on the store and the guy who created (and manages that list) came over to ask me about it this morning because he saw a customer comment on line.

Cheers,

Tony

Anyone who wants a 72 our guess pass to The Secret World to try out the game before purchase, send me your email address via PM and I'll send you a guest pass through funComs website.

I have yet to get my code for Party of Sin and DripDrip from my purchase of Ticket to Ride DLC..

:X any help?
i PM tony an he sent me my sin code it cost me 0.01 thu as store page was $10 an it was 9.99 off code not that i care i wanted the game

i got ticket too ride an drip before that no problem

To be clear on this, Home was never on that list. We only recently put it up on the store and the guy who created (and manages that list) came over to ask me about it this morning because he saw a customer comment on line.

Cheers,

Tony
Well, here's the confusing thing Tony, the ad here:

http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=6923534011&pf_rd_p=1582936522

Says "Buy ANY Indie Game and get three free games"

And when you scroll to the bottom of that page you get a list that is marked as Indie Games and Home is on that list.

I think the ad should say "Buy any Indie Game from a select list" in order to be truly clear because unless you click through and read the fine print on the ad, it leads you to believe that any game in the Amazon Indie Game Store should qualify.

And when you click here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=lp_6923534011_st?qid=1374014252&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A!11846801%2Cn%3A979455011%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A6923534011&sort=price

You get a list that is marked as Indie Games and Home is on that list.

I think the ad should say "Buy any Indie Game from a select list" in order to be truly clear because unless you click through and read the fine print on the ad, it leads you to believe that any game in the Amazon Indie Game Store should qualify.
Yeah... this is why I bought it. I also swear I saw Home on the list at one point, but maybe I'm mistaken.

And when you scroll to the bottom of that page you get a list that is marked as Indie Games and Home is on that list.

Yeah... this is why I bought it. I also swear I saw Home on the list at one point, but maybe I'm mistaken.
Sigh...I had more written in that message and it got cut off.

The first part of my message was:

"I'll be adding Home to the benefit set for the promotion this evening and backfilling people who ordered tomorrow."

Cheers,
Tony

"I'll be adding Home to the benefit set for the promotion this evening and backfilling people who ordered tomorrow."

Cheers,
Tony
Tony, do we contact you for the missing games. I have two indie orders that failed to trigger the free games, and I've not seen you address this question directly yet. Thanks

Cheers,
Tony
Don't backfill me on Home. It took going back and forth over the course of three days, but support did finally solve my issue yesterday. I told them the wording was confusing and they said they'd let the team know or something.

Don't backfill me on Home. It took going back and forth over the course of three days, but support did finally solve my issue yesterday. I told them the wording was confusing and they said they'd let the team know or something.
I never ordered it I just felt bad because I posted about it thinking it would qualify. It's all fawks fault.

Cheers,
Tony
I will buy Home for sure if it is added to the list later on this evening. Thanks Tony.

Hiya,

Any chance Super Street fighter 4 and NBA2k13 will be matched at the 7.50 (i think70-75%) flash sale price from steam Tony or anyone please?

its at 50% off now, but checking anyways. If i see it again of course I'll buy it but wanted to see if I could from Amazon.

Thanks,

Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back