Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, not necessarily.

I won't mind buying SR4 base game cheap (As long as there's LOTS of content), if I can eventually get The Complete Pack w/ everything equally as cheap way later on. ;)

That's pretty much what I did w/ SR3, BL1, and FO3 - and I don't really regret it.
u suppose to cheapassing while backlogging so wait till it goes 75% off full package

I thought the $10 credit for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified was for anything Amazon sells. But I got an email from Amazon and it says it is toward select 2K games.

Which is it? I preordered, but if it is toward only 2k games I'm going to cancel. There are better deals available.

Thanks.
PC Download version:

"Pre-Order The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and receive:

• 10% off
  • CodeBreakers Mission DLC
  • $10 Amazon.com Credit good on products sold, shipped, or digitally distributed by Amazon (excludes any 2K pre-order)."
Retail version:

At the top says "Pre-order Now for the CodeBreakers Bonus Mission and $10 Toward Select 2K Titles"

However:

"Special Offers and Product Promotions

Order "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified" and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. "

Either way, download version looks more appealing, since it's 10% off. :)

u suppose to cheapassing while backlogging so wait till it goes 75% off full package
Yes, I understand that.

Problem is, some games, I just can't wait - even if base game hits 75% off (or better).

Then, I'll wait for "Re-Released Edition With Everything" to hit 75% - and get that, too.

Some games just offer so much content - like RPG's often do - it's hard for me to resist.

EDIT:

With FO3, Borderlands 1 - DLC was just starting to become a thing.

Also, I think after seeing history of companies like Bethesda, Volition, and Gearbox - we can sort of also see that these guys also do a fair number of DLC's. So for the future, we can often expect more DLC; especially in their popular franchises.

What else isn't included in the Full Package?
That's all that isn't included.

Unlockable Pack is just a cheat you can buy so you don't have to spend time getting the unlockables. And Bloodsucker isn't included because it's buggy.

So you get everything that's worth getting except for the cheat and the buggy DLC.

They removed those from *later* versions of the full pack. It was a good thing, since they didn't have a disable for the bloodsucker cheat (which makes SR3 kinda stupid-easy).
The worst thing about the old version of the SR3 collection was that you can't get Steam support to remove he bloodsucker DLC from your account without removing the entire collection. Oh well, at least there is a mod that disables it that you can use, for people like me that bought the collection ages ago.

Note: This doesn't apply to the full package.

I just got an email saying if I bought SR4, I'd get a $10 amazon credit, but it seems to be only for physical copies (Xbox, PS3, PC). What if I wanted to order the digital version? Could I get the $10 credit on top of the $5 credit for buying SR3 before?

I just got an email saying if I bought SR4, I'd get a $10 amazon credit, but it seems to be only for physical copies (Xbox, PS3, PC). What if I wanted to order the digital version? Could I get the $10 credit on top of the $5 credit for buying SR3 before?
Digital deals and Physical deals are always entirely separate, and as I recall, Tony has said they are handled by completely different departments.

That's all that isn't included.

Unlockable Pack is just a cheat you can buy so you don't have to spend time getting the unlockables. And Bloodsucker isn't included because it's buggy.

So you get everything that's worth getting except for the cheat and the buggy DLC.

They removed those from *later* versions of the full pack. It was a good thing, since they didn't have a disable for the bloodsucker cheat (which makes SR3 kinda stupid-easy).
Perfect. I'm glad they did this. Now I can get everything I don't own for SR3 without that the one thing I didn't want. Thanks since I would have never known otherwise.

Tony!

Any chance for a price match on Crusader Kings II + DLC 75% off Daily Deal on Steam? It lasts for 48 hours and it started about 4 hours ago, at the time of this post.

I'm hoping to complete my CKII collection by buying this DLC in specific with some Amazon credit:

I'm sure others on here may want to see this deal price matched as well.

Please and thanks, Tony!
Count me in on this price match request. I need The Old Gods plus the African Portraits and African Unit Pack.

http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Portraits-Download/dp/B009KSPF2Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1375018983&sr=1-1&keywords=Crusader+Kings+II%3A+African

http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-African-Online/dp/B008EYIBVE/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1375018983&sr=1-2&keywords=Crusader+Kings+II%3A+African

Hi guys, its been a while since the indie game deal on amazon, bought 2 games but have only received 1 copy of party of sin.

Is it only 1 per account?

Just curious if anyone else has a ~$60 video game credit in their account? I haven't checked this balance in a long time, so I don't know when it appeared, and I have no idea what it is or what it is good for.

EDIT: I have not purchased or pre-ordered any games from Amazon recently, with the exception of 3 digital Steam games. I used up the bonus promotional credits that came with those orders already.

How can I tell? I never got any emails about that kind of promotional credit. I suppose in retrospect that at most $30 is duplicate promotional credit I never used (a second copy of Dynasty of Duck, Nordic Cove, etc.), but it certainly doesn't explain the remaining $30.

How can I tell? I never got any emails about that kind of promotional credit. I suppose in retrospect that at most $30 is duplicate promotional credit I never used (a second copy of Dynasty of Duck, Nordic Cove, etc.), but it certainly doesn't explain the remaining $30.
I don't have as much, and I wondering something similar. My credit is $4.99, but I have no idea what I can actually apply it to to be able to use it. I don't have any emails from Amazon explaining it either. Is there any way to check what I can use it on?

Edit: I'm dumb and replied to the wrong post. Sorry about the confusion. To clarify, we're not doing the $10 Credit with the Pre-order of SR4 on the digital side.

Cheers,

Tony

PC Download version:

"Pre-Order The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and receive:

• 10% off
  • CodeBreakers Mission DLC
  • $10 Amazon.com Credit good on products sold, shipped, or digitally distributed by Amazon (excludes any 2K pre-order)."
Retail version:

At the top says "Pre-order Now for the CodeBreakers Bonus Mission and $10 Toward Select 2K Titles"

However:

"Special Offers and Product Promotions

Order "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified" and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. "

Either way, download version looks more appealing, since it's 10% off. :)
I thought the $10 credit for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified was for anything Amazon sells. But I got an email from Amazon and it says it is toward select 2K games.

Which is it? I preordered, but if it is toward only 2k games I'm going to cancel. There are better deals available.

Thanks.

on the store page just checked

[SIZE=.82em]Pre-order Now for the CodeBreakers Bonus Mission and $10 Toward Select 2K Titles[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.82em]i also remember tony saying it in a post but dont want dig it up sorry[/SIZE]
The $10 credit is for anything Amazon sells minus 2K Pre-orders and The Bureau content.

Cheers,

Tony

Since people have been talking about price matches lately, this is on sale now elsewhere at Gamersgate for 75% off at $3.75

81GF%2BYvdnML._SL1024_.jpg

Gotta credit Amazon for that nice high resolution image.

and yeah yeah I know they don't pricematch Gamersgate.

Just curious if anyone else has a ~$60 video game credit in their account? I haven't checked this balance in a long time, so I don't know when it appeared, and I have no idea what it is or what it is good for.

EDIT: I have not purchased or pre-ordered any games from Amazon recently, with the exception of 3 digital Steam games. I used up the bonus promotional credits that came with those orders already.
Did you pre-order Bioshock Infinite from Amazon? They offered a few different 2K credit coupons, and depending on when you ordered you might have gotten multiples. As it only works on 2K games, you wouldn't have accidentally spent it on anything else.

They also gave a $50 credit for Xcom in the same deal, basically making it free regardless of whatever the current price was.

It has been a while, but I believe Mayhem, I'm looking through my tracker now.

Cheers,

Tony
tony any chance u answer my questions:

in the future any chance u can try getting steam keys for Driver San Fransicio Deluxe Edition since amazon have it 75% off many tiems but i rather have it on steam and any chance u can try getting DLC bundle for space marines dlc in the future?

Hi guys, its been a while since the indie game deal on amazon, bought 2 games but have only received 1 copy of party of sin.

Is it only 1 per account?
Contacted amazon customer service.

Steam trading cards have completely swayed purchasing interest towards the steam store, how low can your prices go amazon?

Edit: I'm dumb and replied to the wrong post. Sorry about the confusion. To clarify, we're not doing the $10 Credit with the Pre-order of SR4 on the digital side.

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks for getting back to me! It was a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

BTW, I still haven't gotten the $5 credit for buying SR3 back in December... are you still doing the backfills? Or should I PM you my order id? Thanks!

Just got the email. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back