Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
About FC3 + Blood Dragon -> Both Non-Steam versions (UPlay) + Steam-versions should go on sale, since they do carry both.

There's no need for Amazon DVG to have say one version cheaper or only one version on sale - that'd be just plain silly!

Some of us (like myself) just don't want to deal w/ both Steam DRM + UbiSoft UPlay "Lite" version DRM found in Steam-version.

I'd rather just deal w/ one DRM - in this case, that'd be just UPlay in the UPlay version.

When dealing w/ Steam-versions, I do feel I should only should have to deal w/ Steam DRM, IMHO.
yea im saying it should be both was saying both version so some people who wants it steam dont mind the 2 drm and the peoplle who like u dont like 2 drm will get the choice i want it to be add to my steam library..

Hey guys!

Good news! I'm done with all my crazy travel etc. for the next few months. Sorry the communique has been so sporadic. Let's kick the weekend off right.

1. What are you playing this weekend?

2. What is the next awesome deal you're hoping to see?

Cheers,
Tony

I've been on an indie fix lately. I think I'm going to play some more Rogue Legacy, Don't Starve, Fly'n and Rush Bros this weekend. Perhaps I'll throw in some more Metro Last Light in between for variety.

I'd like to see an awesome deal on a TrackMania2 bundle or a Prototype bundle. Of course if you could squeeze in something awesome for the Indie titles like The Swapper, Kentucky Route Zero, Reus and/or Gunpoint that would be epic. ;)

About FC3 + Blood Dragon -> Both Non-Steam versions (UPlay) + Steam-versions should go on sale, since they do carry both.

There's no need for Amazon DVG to have say one version cheaper or only one version on sale - that'd be just plain silly!

Some of us (like myself) just don't want to deal w/ both Steam DRM + UbiSoft UPlay "Lite" version DRM found in Steam-version.

I'd rather just deal w/ one DRM - in this case, that'd be just UPlay in the UPlay version.

When dealing w/ Steam-versions, I do feel I should only should have to deal w/ Steam DRM, IMHO.
Same here, I really dislike cross client DRM games.

Whilst I agree with you in that I prefer my Ubi games straight in UPlay rather than Steam, it is worth noting that uPlay 3.0 is no longer a 'lite' version of uPlay for Steam. Your Steam and non-Steam games show up in uPlay together now. Though this doesn't invalidate your main point that you'd still need both DRM's whichever client you launched the game from.

Hi Tony!

I started the weekend playing through a bunch of humble bundle games I didn't realize I owned (I guess I usually buy on the first day and didn't realize all the games that had been later added to some of the bundles.  What a nice surprise!)  I finished all the ones I liked, and now I'm back to playing Outcast, Borderlands, and Freespace.

I'm hoping to see some good deals on all the $15 steam games that have been released in the past 6 months (Blood Dragon, Gunslinger, Monaco, Swapper, Toki Tori 2, etc.).

Whilst I agree with you in that I prefer my Ubi games straight in UPlay rather than Steam, it is worth noting that uPlay 3.0 is no longer a 'lite' version of uPlay for Steam. Your Steam and non-Steam games show up in uPlay together now. Though this doesn't invalidate your main point that you'd still need both DRM's whichever client you launched the game from.
Thanks for the info!

Last game on Steam that I bought that was ALSO using UPlay was PoP: The Forgotten Sands. I didn't like dealing w/ both UPlay and Steam.

Here's another question. If you uninstall a Steam-version, can you just straight-up download the UPlay version? Or does it still NOT show up in UPlay?

Basically - what I'm asking is what can be done w/ some Origin games. If you buy some EA Origin games via Steam (i.e. Burnout Paradise, DAO Ultimate, etc), if it allows you, you could do this: start the DL for Steam-version; pause it ASAP; get the key from Steam; activate that key over Origin; uninstall what little you had w/ the Steam-version; and just finish downloading Origin version and just deal w/ that. This way, you can have both separate Steam versions + Origin versions.

Has this happened w/ UPlay yet? Or no?

Here's another question. If you uninstall a Steam-version, can you just straight-up download the UPlay version? Or does it still NOT show up in UPlay?

Basically - what I'm asking is what can be done w/ some Origin games. If you buy some EA Origin games via Steam (i.e. Burnout Paradise, DAO Ultimate, etc), if it allows you, you could do this: start the DL for Steam-version; pause it ASAP; get the key from Steam; activate that key over Origin; uninstall what little you had w/ the Steam-version; and just finish downloading Origin version and just deal w/ that. This way, you can have both separate Steam versions + Origin versions.

Has this happened w/ UPlay yet? Or no?
Unfortunately not. Steam bought games have to use both uPlay and Steam. When you register it with uPlay notice it has Steam version attached to it. I contacted Ubisoft support about it a couple of months ago. The same with Origin bought uPlay games

Hey guys!

Good news! I'm done with all my crazy travel etc. for the next few months. Sorry the communique has been so sporadic. Let's kick the weekend off right.

Cheers,
Tony
1. Shadowrun Returns

2. Assassin's Creed III. I missed it on the summer sale!

Unfortunately not. Steam bought games have to use both uPlay and Steam. When you register it with uPlay notice it has Steam version attached to it. I contacted Ubisoft support about it a couple of months ago. The same with Origin bought uPlay games

1. Shadowrun Returns

2. Assassin's Creed III. I missed it on the summer sale!
I'm waiting for AC3 (Non-Steam) brick down nicely in a sale price.

Oddly enough, Amazon DVG don't even sell a AC3: Season Pass that is UPlay only.

I'd have to buy the Season Pass somewhere else.

Kinda stinks that Amazon DVG only has AC3: Deluxe Edition (contains AC3 + Season Pass) in a Steam DRM version - since I don't wanna deal w/ both UPlay and Steam DRM's.

They should have BOTH Steam and Non-Steam for sale, IMHO.

Multiple DRM layers in Steam-versions are just annoying.

Lol MysterD how do you feel about Steam and Uplay DRM at the same time? Because I'm really not clear on the subject from all your posts. :p

Lol MysterD how do you feel about Steam and Uplay DRM at the same time? Because I'm really not clear on the subject from all your posts. :p
Maybe 1 day, 3rd party publishers will learn to stop doing the multiple-DRM's on Steam-versions of games.

Maybe 1 day, they'll stop leaving original DRM or implementing a "lite" version of their DRM + and then wrap Steam on top.

They should disable that original crap - and just go w/ Steam on Steam-versions.

Steamworks is perfectly fine & acceptable for DRM, when alone & on its own.

Maybe 1 day, 3rd party publishers will learn to stop doing the multiple-DRM's on Steam-versions of games.

Maybe 1 day, they'll stop leaving original DRM or implementing a "lite" version of their DRM + and then wrap Steam on top.

They should disable that original crap - and just go w/ Steam on Steam-versions.

that be that day we get ea game back on steam u forgetting steam vs uplay vs MysterD new company heh vs my company and non-steamworks must have no other drm

I think and I could be wrong, but I think he doesnt like Steam DRM And Uplay at the same time,

maybe one day publishers will realize they dont need two forms of DRM because the small fraction of people that actually care about that complain and then they remove it

So you're saying you don't like multiple forms of DRM?

I'm having trouble unpacking this.

1. finally wrapping up the absurdly long persona 3 portable

2. NFS: most wanted? idk
I played like 10 hours of that (got a Portuguese copy of the Collector's Edition, whoo!) and never went back to it. Really cool little game that fuses genres, has great writing, an interesting story, and solid gameplay, but yeah... a bit grindy and long.

I should really get back to it one of these days. My PSP backlog is ridiculous.

Might as well throw in my two cents: I've been continuing the Torchlight 2 run, and throwing in some time on the indies (specifically, Bit.Trip Runner 2 and Monaco).

As for what I'd like to see featured, I know they've been mentioned before, but I'd love to see some good indie sales on some of the bigger titles, like Cloudberry Kingdom (long shot, I know), Rogue Legacy (equally long shot), and Don't Starve. 

I'll also toss in another vote for Amazon to carry Steam versions of the Trackmania games. :)

The Amazon 1C Complete pack is the digital games version of Big Foot or the Loch Ness monster.
At this point, I'd put my money on Big Foot RIDING the Loch Ness monster than the 1C pack.

Lets get Tony working on the Bethesda deal - I don't know how much longer I can pass up the steam 4.99ers...

Is this the latest Snowden leak?

Border Skipjack satellite imagery BLU-97 A/B Pakistan Mexican army
Antiviral Maritime domain awarenes Michoacna Emergency management Drug
Administration lynch LABLINK ICE Waco, Texas, unclassified Biological weapon

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist seems nice ...... anyone getting ?
F yeah! Pandora was the best multiplayer game I've ever played! I'm not expecting the same but it will probably be better than any current multiplayer game. Maybe I'm being unreasonable but S v M made most vs games look like pre-school games.

At this point, I'd put my money on Big Foot RIDING the Loch Ness monster than the 1C pack.

Lets get Tony working on the Bethesda deal - I don't know how much longer I can pass up the steam 4.99ers...
Yeah I don't know why the hell they can't work out a deal with Bethesda still after all this time when every other digital store has been selling their stuff for a long time now.

Oh the Internet where you can find anything you can imagine and many things you would never imagine.

Yeah I don't know why the hell they can't work out a deal with Bethesda still after all this time when every other digital store has been selling their stuff for a long time now.
I had thought Tony had hinted at striking a deal with Bethesda after his Iceland business trip (back when he was still in negotiations for Amalur). Did the deal end up falling through?

Hey folks,

Does anyone know how to get additional details from the "Check your Balance" feature? I was using it to check my video credits, and darned if I don't have a rather large(ish) amount listed under Games. As far as I remember, I've already used any credits I had, and leftovers have long since expired, so I'm baffled as to what that is. (And yeah, I tested it, it's not a general credit and doesn't discount just any game I toss in the cart.)

Anywho, I'd really like to figure out what the heck that came from and what it's for. Last credits I earned, other than a couple of freebies during the bundle madness recently, which I've already used, were the ones over Christmas that expired months ago. Confused.

Does anyone know how to get additional details from the "Check your Balance" feature? I was using it to check my video credits, and darned if I don't have a rather large(ish) amount listed under Games. As far as I remember, I've already used any credits I had, and leftovers have long since expired, so I'm baffled as to what that is. (And yeah, I tested it, it's not a general credit and doesn't discount just any game I toss in the cart.)

Anywho, I'd really like to figure out what the heck that came from and what it's for. Last credits I earned, other than a couple of freebies during the bundle madness recently, which I've already used, were the ones over Christmas that expired months ago. Confused.
I'm in the same boat, though I'm sure my amount is much less large-ish. Tried, like you did, to discount any old random game, and nothing would take. I'm going to spend a few minutes now and try to figure it out, with the logical choices being 2K and Rockstar.

EDIT: No dice. None of the 2K or Rockstar games I tried came up with any discounts. May as well just show $0.00 in my credit balance if they don't tell me what I can use it on.

Typically it has been due to the accumulation of f2p promo items. Last time I checked mine was around $150, so I stopped bothering to check.

I had thought Tony had hinted at striking a deal with Bethesda after his Iceland business trip (back when he was still in negotiations for Amalur). Did the deal end up falling through?
Yeah, I thought we were closer back than, clearly I was wrong :(. The offer of my first born is still on the table but apparently it isn't super attractive. Something about bad genes...

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty rad, I ended up downloading this way expensive Final Fantasy game for my phone and it sucked up my whole weekend...I have issues.

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah, I thought we were closer back than, clearly I was wrong :(. The offer of my first born is still on the table but apparently it isn't super attractive. Something about bad genes...
Seriously, what is up with Bethesda not wanting to sell their games on your site? Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world, I just don't get it. They even sell their digital games on Gamestop's site. :wall:

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty rad, I ended up downloading this way expensive Final Fantasy game for my phone and it sucked up my whole weekend...I have issues.
Cheers,
Tony
Final Fantasy: All the Bravest?

Tony, I can't believe you wasted your money on that abomination. :shame:

Seriously, what is up with Bethesda not wanting to sell their games on your site? Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world, I just don't get it. They even sell their digital games on Gamestop's site. :wall:
Don't forget about Gamersgate. They ended up giving a bunch of people game keys below cost and a bunch more 20% off of everything for a year over their Bethesda screw up.

Don't forget about Gamersgate. They ended up giving a bunch of people game keys below cost and a bunch more 20% off of everything for a year over their Bethesda screw up.
I know, and they're STILL doing business with them. I mean c'mon, what the hell? LOL

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. We appreciate all of your hard work.

... but, really? Final Fantasy: The Bravest? You have my condolences for the weekend you lost..

I've been in the mood to play The Sims, but only have The Sims 2 discs somewhere. I'd love to see a Sims 3 bundle of some sort, even if it has to be on Origin.

Can anyone confirm that the BOXED version of Saints Row IV will require Steam? I see that the PC Download version says that it will require Steam but I don't see anything on the retail box page.

Everything I read indicates that it will require Steam but I can't find an official statement from Deep Silver.

hGL2Ih5.jpg

Also the bundle is not even discounted for buying all three together, you actually pay a penny more to buy all 3 together.

hGL2Ih5.jpg

Also the bundle is not even discounted for buying all three together, you actually pay a penny more to buy all 3 together.
Just because a bundle is on sale for cheap doesn't mean the games by themselves are gonna be cheap a la cart. 50% on individual games even while a cheaper bundle is running is standard fare for Amazon.

Just because a bundle is on sale for cheap doesn't mean the games by themselves are gonna be cheap a la cart. 50% on individual games even while a cheaper bundle is running is standard fare for Amazon.

Through August 7, get all three BioShock games in our BioShock Triple Pack for just $34.99 (65% off). You can also get the first two games in our BioShock Dual Pack for just $4.99 (88% off) or get any of the individual BioShock games for 50% off

would be better worded as :

Through August 7, get all three BioShock games in our BioShock Triple Pack for just $34.99 (65% off). You can also get the first two games in our BioShock Dual Pack for just $4.99 (88% off) or get Bioshock Infinite for just $29.99 (50% off).

It is misleading, the last one sounds like a deal. Instead it is misleading the customer to purchase the exact same item at a higher price. It also got me to click thinking I would get the games at less than 5.00$ individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back