Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
But you can't buy DLC from it anymore so it's effectively dead to publishers too I'm sure. And at least explains the rumours over the past few weeks around various games (such as Arkham City) ditching GfWL on Steam.
You can buy DLC for some GFWL games on Steam.. I'm not sure how that would make it "dead" to publishers. A setback, sure.. but I don't know if it'd be dead.

You can buy DLC for some GFWL games on Steam.. I'm not sure how that would make it "dead" to publishers. A setback, sure.. but I don't know if it'd be dead.
Arkham City (which I mentioned is ditching GfWL) and Fable 3 (obvious as it's MS's own) both use GfWL for DLC via Steam. I'm not sure how common a practise this is as I don't think I have any DLC for any other GfWL games.

Considering how desperate publishers seem to be to sell us DLC at every point, I can't imagine they're that thrilled. I'm sure they're not going to the trouble of converting old games when they have a new one out shortly to pass the time!

Arkham City (which I mentioned is ditching GfWL) and Fable 3 (obvious as it's MS's own) both use GfWL for DLC via Steam. I'm not sure how common a practise this is as I don't think I have any DLC for any other GfWL games.

Considering how desperate publishers seem to be to sell us DLC at every point, I can't imagine they're that thrilled. I'm sure they're not going to the trouble of converting old games when they have a new one out shortly to pass the time!
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record has DLC you can buy from Steam. The game itself uses GFWL but I don't think the Steam DLC for it uses CD keys or anything, it just downloads. There are probably others, but I don't have many GFWL Steam games on my account to check.

Tony,

Why is the Street Fighter X Tekken retail price $10 higher than Steam's? Does it include DLC, or can that price be adjusted if it is just the base game?

Thoughts of a 1C pack are almost moot, they've been hitting the bundle circuit so hard with almost everything they've got.
This. Anyone following indie bundles has no need of a 1C Complete Pack anymore. Only game I'd want from it is A Farewell To Dragons.. because it was removed from Steam.

What's the difference between those SF editions and the Ultra that will launch in the future?
5 new characters, new stages and outfits, balance changes and some other stuff. You can either upgrade from an Arcade Edition to get the Ultra additions for $15 or pay $40 to get everything.

You could not buy Bioshock 2 dlc on steam, it was a pain using the GFWL dlc w/ the steam version. So I bought ps3 version.
It's also having GfWL removed I've been told.

This. Anyone following indie bundles has no need of a 1C Complete Pack anymore. Only game I'd want from it is A Farewell To Dragons.. because it was removed from Steam.

That's one of the few games I put on my gamersgate shelf from their 1C pack. So it must be one of the more tolerable of the medicore 1C releases (their good ones, like King's Bounty, I have elsewhere so no need of them on GG)

Tom Clancy's offer sounds great ..... think might get a copy from Amazon

thanks Tony ~!

Tony you should do some sorta thing to celebrate Eric Nylund into the Amazon family.  (well he's Amazon GAMES but still)  Can't think of any other Microsoft games that you have on the service though... it's AoE and Fables I believe.

How the heck do I spend my digital balance?  It says I have $40.90 for software/games (and $1.00 MP3 and $5.00 instant video).

No idea how I even got the $40 or how to spend it in a CAG-like fashion.  I experimented by putting that X-COM Beureau shooter in my cart, but it wanted me to pay for it with a credit card, not my balance.

For? I'm hoping my Saints Row IV key comes through soon for preload. Order page has a message saying it's taking longer than normal to process.
same here. it says 'This order may take up to 4 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour' and it has been over 5 hours. I'm guessing it may just be due to high volume and I'll see the key later on Saturday.

For? I'm hoping my Saints Row IV key comes through soon for preload. Order page has a message saying it's taking longer than normal to process.
Saints Row IV and The Bureau! I'd just rather download now and get it over with, rather than having to download 22GB worth of games all day, rather than actually PLAYING them.

But then again, we'll still have to sit through the annoying "unlocking files" that steam does.

Saints Row IV and The Bureau! I'd just rather download now and get it over with, rather than having to download 22GB worth of games all day, rather than actually PLAYING them.

But then again, we'll still have to sit through the annoying "unlocking files" that steam does.
So ready to get my 'Murica on in SR4.

[customspoiler= Reasons why Saints Row IV is better than real life ]
PMJAzuV.jpg
[/customspoiler]

That's an actual 1C game I actually have.

Bought it years ago from Direct2Drive, where it was DRM-FREE. :D

It's one of those MysterD's Backlogged Games, too.

Tony, is this you working your special kind of magic?

Evidence of a 1C Complete Pack?

Thoughts of a 1C pack are almost moot, they've been hitting the bundle circuit so hard with almost everything they've got.

Amazon has just been a bit fat FAIL with that 1C pack that was promised a year ago. I love how some dude running some small indie bundle operation out of his apartment in Portland with the help of a couple of internet friends in Europe can pull off distributing a large amount of keys at once while the the largest online retailer on Earth can't figure it out.

Tony,

Steam is stealing a bit of your thunder with 40% off Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara ($8.99 or $26.99 for a 4-Pack) for the next two days.

Any chance of a temporary price match?
Yeah, I don't know what's going on with Amazon DVG...Steam, of all people is undercutting them a lot for deals which was unheard of before. Is this the classic case of drop prices till things stick, then raise them after we have some traction?

Just hoping for new holiday bundles...

Saints Row IV preorder still stuck in processing after nearly 24 hours. :( What is going on over there?
I don't know about you, but I looked at my Game Library on Amazon and had all of the keys waiting there for me to redeem them. Finished pre-loading last night.

:dancey:

I don't know about you, but I looked at my Game Library on Amazon and had all of the keys waiting there for me to redeem them. Finished pre-loading last night.
:dancey:

I've been looking there as well, no key. I don't get what's going on, especially since it is advertised right on the page that it can be preloaded now.

Saints Row IV preorder still stuck in processing after nearly 24 hours. :( What is going on over there?
I contacted CS and got this reply:

I'm sorry for the delay in completing your order for "Saints Row IV [Online Game Code]." I apologize for this inconvenience.

As it has been already been passed 10 hours since your order has been placed but still not getting completed, it appears that there is an issue with this order and we need to look into this a little more deeply.

To help you resolve this quickly, I've forwarded this issue to our technical department for more information about the status of your order and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

However please be assured that, errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported.

I just wanted to let you know that I'll personally follow up with your account and write back to you with more information about this once I receive an update from our technical department.

Because of this issue, if you would like to cancel your order, please let us know by using the below link so that we cancel it for you.

Please let us know if you would like to keep this order or not so that we take necessary action.
I told them I'd like to keep the order, but I was out when the email arrived and didn't get to respond to it until 3 hours later, so the person who answered may be gone for the day.

Search for slick deals 5 off 25 and you can get $5 amazon credit just by posting something on your Facebook page.
"Note, promotional credit is valid on purchases over $25 on physical products sold by Amazon.com. Excludes Kindle devices, digital downloads and gift card purchases."

Not sure how this is relevant since it looks to not work on game downloads.

Search for slick deals 5 off 25 and you can get $5 amazon credit just by posting something on your Facebook page.
It's for physical items only, but still a good deal for ordering books. Protip: you can set your security settings for the Amazon app to be seen only by you soas not to spam your friends.

I contacted CS and got this reply:

I told them I'd like to keep the order, but I was out when the email arrived and didn't get to respond to it until 3 hours later, so the person who answered may be gone for the day.

I got something similar, just no option to cancel. As long as I get the key by Monday though so I can still preload it isn't too big of a deal. Just slightly irritated by the delay at the moment.

Not sure how it happened but I wound up getting Psychonauts for free. I already own it for my original XBox but I figured for 2.50, why not buy a copy on Steam as well as its one of my favorite games. Anyways, I went to check out and it had some promotion listed and subtracted the 2.50, so I got it for free. Gotta love that.

Not sure how it happened but I wound up getting Psychonauts for free. I already own it for my original XBox but I figured for 2.50, why not buy a copy on Steam as well as its one of my favorite games. Anyways, I went to check out and it had some promotion listed and subtracted the 2.50, so I got it for free. Gotta love that.
I love that game. So much.

It's one of those games I would run around recommending at any normal price.

Debating on whether to go for XCOM Declassified.  Backlog says no, but the $30 credit from BI says wait.  Given the destructoid review that was pulled, I think the wallet is winning this round.  

TY Tony for the extra credit though.  It offsets the tax difference between AMZ and GMG.  

Well, three days later and nothing still for my Saints Row IV key. Amazon's only response is to just wait, but my preload time is almost up here. I may just have to call and cancel, then buy it somewhere else that's offering the same price right now. I'd lose that additional $5 credit, but at least I'd get the game.

I'm hoping Tony happens to see this and is able to help out.

Does anyone have a extra copy of Street Fighter IV AE and Street Fighter X Tekken for the cheaper price? I missed out due to being out of town for a wedding. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back