Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
That was patched out years ago.
Thankfully, yes. Though, there was a minute when I was optimistic enough to believe that was pretty much the end of always-on DRM. I guess the other big publishers all want to reinvent it now.

I have AC3, Far Cry 3 and a few other Uplay games on Steam. FWIW, I really don't experience it as a big deal when one of those games launches Uplay.
Blood Dragon gives me a little bit of sass, but nothing major... demanding I change my password (I don't), saying it cannot connect (I hit reconnect), and annoying shit like that. The Steam boards are pretty saturated with folks claiming the game won't boot up for them on account of U-Play. I suspect user error.

Hi Tony,

I'd like to first thank you for all the hard work you do and my following response is in no way reflective of you as a person or as an employee. This is just feedback. I am disappointed in the amazon pre-order system and the follow-up customer service. I pre-ordered XCOM: The Bureau and I initially only got a code for the $5 digital promotional credit, but after two days I didn't get the $10 amazon credit or the XCOM Collection promotional code. So I emailed customer service and asked for the credit and the xcom code, for which I got an email response that $10 has been added to my account but no word on the Xcom collection. I tried to use the $10 on a physical item and it didn’t work, so it was probably added as a digital credit. So I called customer service a couple hours ago and talked to a young lady that then added $10 in amazon credit (which when I try to check out, shows up as being applied, so I assume it worked). She said she sent me the code for the Xcom Collection in my email. When I tried to use the code to get the Xcom Collection, it said the code was already used. So I called customer service back and talked to a young man and after a fair amount of back and forth with his bosses, he came back and said that I am one of the few that didn’t get a code and it might be days till I get it. I’m not in a tremendous hurry, but I am worried that I wait for days while nothing happens, then I will have to call back up and explain everything over again. I am hesitant to purchase anything because I don’t want to confuse the issue by using credit that was accidentally added to my account. This is my first pre-order from amazon and I probably won’t do another one.

Thanks

Austin
Hey Austin,

I'm currently in the process of getting this sorted. Apologies if you've already done this, but if you haven't, in the future shoot me a PM, they go straight to my inbox (I'm replying to a few from the weekend right now).

Sorry for the hassle with your credits, send me a PM with or order ID and i'll get you sorted today.

Cheers,

Tony

Yep! It starts Thursday :).

Been working on getting it set up!

Cheers,
Another thread's Mass Effect discussion has me hoping that you've been bugging EA/Bioware for a discount on ME DLC. I know it never happens. I know. Let's just say you would be a [customspoiler='GOLDEN GOD!']
Golden_God_Achievement.png
[/customspoiler]

Tony, will you have Brutal Legend for cheaper than $5 for Labor Day?

It's the daily on Steam today, so I'd like to know if we will see a pricematch now or in the future. 

Settler's 7 was patched for the always on DRM??
Yes back in February.

http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/news/settlers-7-and-hawx-2-now-playable-in-offline-mode

Following the integration of offline mode within both Settlers 7 and Hawx 2, all Ubisoft games can now be played when Uplay PC is not connected to the Internet.

The Uplay PC client will automatically switch to offline mode when online connection is not available.

Should you want to manually switch to offline mode, you can do so by clicking the "Always start Uplay in offline mode" box in the Settings of the Uplay Client, available from the login screen or the top menu bar.

Hey Tony, I know this is a long shot but what are the chances of having the digital version of battlefield 4 discounted before launch. I remember you guys did it for battlefield 3 so i was hoping it would happen again.

Any chance there will be a good deal on dead space 2 and the awakened xpack for dead space 3 in the Labor Day sale?

Held off on the origin store sale in case they add anything to the humble bundle after they reach $10 million.

Also I'm pretty sure AVG has had dead space 2 @ $5 before.

Weird, it was matched all day yesterday, looks like it fell off around 10:30PM last night.

Putting it back in place now.

Cheers,
Tony
I don't think it was matched yesterday either, I checked a few times and it was full price. Might be one of those weird occurrences where the price shows up as adjusted on the backend, but doesn't show up for anyone viewing the site.

I don't think it was matched yesterday either, I checked a few times and it was full price. Might be one of those weird occurrences where the price shows up as adjusted on the backend, but doesn't show up for anyone viewing the site.
:( sorry, should have checked back on the site. It is in place now.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony. Brutal Legend is $5 now. 

I'm looking forward to the Labor Day sale now. I hope Batman: Arkham City can finally reach the coveted $5 discount price. So many Lincolns are lined up and waiting for that glorious day.

Hey there,

We've tried this a couple of times in the past and it seems to have worked out OK.

If anyone wants a spreadsheet, formatted, with links and dates built out to post around the web shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll get it to you sometime on Wednesday :).

Cheers,

Tony

Hey there,

We've tried this a couple of times in the past and it seems to have worked out OK.

If anyone wants a spreadsheet, formatted, with links and dates built out to post around the web shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll get it to you sometime on Wednesday :).

Cheers,

Tony
what if just want to see what be on sale ?

EDIT:

Sorry, following up on that, we actually don't have that bundle slated for the labor day sale, if you're interested in the deal grab it.

Cheers,
Tony

Guys, I just got the list and the 1C Bundle is on there as well as the CAG Appreciation Bundle and a pre-order combo of HL3 and KOA2 for $5.

So, you got our CRAIGlist?

This insanely massive Paradox bundle has shown up in the registry:

http://steamdb.info/sub/31108/#section_apps

Signs of an Amazon Labor Day megadeal perhaps? At the right price it could be pretty insane.

Edit: Just realized that in the past most Amazon bundles have been multiple keys, so perhaps from somewhere else.

That would seem to big for a mere weekly.  I would think it's either proper Humble Paradox, or more likely just a new complete Paradox to be sold on Steam. 

That would seem to big for a mere weekly. I would think it's either proper Humble Paradox, or more likely just a new complete Paradox to be sold on Steam.
Note: "Proof of purchase Only". So, it's not something sold on Steam itself as there's also no corresponding bundle with "Bill Once Only".

That would seem to big for a mere weekly. I would think it's either proper Humble Paradox, or more likely just a new complete Paradox to be sold on Steam.

I believe tomorrow will be paradox weekend on Steam. Magicka free weekend too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back