Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's okay if they are late to the party!

Especially if they are going to be competitive price-wise w/ Steam and at least have an "okay" service.

The more competition & the more price-cuts/sales = BETTER for the consumer.
With the current available technology and man/woman-power, I don't think being late is really an issue or excuse. Personally, I think it's more of a how do we do this digital distribution thing without being exactly like Steam. It's just taking EA/Ubi a while to concede that Steam has a pretty healthy model. You know a slow, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em mentality for the core features.

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.

No TV and no beer make Homer something something

Um...

All online retailers should stop selling Ubisoft games unless they're provided with Steam keys. That'll teach Ubisoft.
Given that Ubi has some big franchises like anything under the Tom Clancy brand (Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, upcomnig game The Division, etc); AC; and FC - yeah, that ain't gonna happen!

Plus, they got the upcoming racer The Crew (or should I call that the unofficial TDU3?) and Watch Dogs.

Both digital and B&M retailers will definitely want to stock their games, no matter what.

EDIT:

i feel like ubi isn't a big enough pub to get away with what they're trying to do
Given what I said above - I'd beg to differ.

Let's not forget that they also put out Beyond Good and Evil.

If you're going to put out a game-client, you better tie it to a killer-game to get people's attention - i.e. like Steam did w/ HL2; Origin did w/ ME3 and BF3; and Ubi has Assassin's Creed series + numerous Tom Clancy brands.

If you're going to put out a game-client, you better tie it to a killer-game to get people's attention - i.e. like Steam did w/ HL2; Origin did w/ ME3 and BF3; and Ubi has Assassin's Creed series + numerous Tom Clancy brands.

tom clancy games are not popping in 2013 and ass creed is coming off the worst game in the series.... FC3 was great and a commercial success but it's not HL2 or BF3. i don't hate UPlay at all and have it on my PC but to the average gamer who isn't so invested it's probably just annoying and confusing.

... but to the average gamer who isn't so invested it's probably just annoying and confusing.
Likely as is Origin and Steam. Ever read some of the negative "reviews" on Amazon for games that require Steam? It's like Steam is the digital incarnation of the Devil. Average gamer = ignorant gamer (more times than not).

tom clancy games are not popping in 2013 and ass creed is coming off the worst game in the series.... FC3 was great and a commercial success but it's not HL2 or BF3. i don't hate UPlay at all and have it on my PC but to the average gamer who isn't so invested it's probably just annoying and confusing.
About AC series:

While I have not played AC3 - I doubt it can be worse than AC1, gameplay-wise. I could be wrong, though. Will have to eventually get AC3 and find out. While I liked AC:R, I thought it was nowhere as great as AC1 + AC:B.

About Tom Clancy games:

While they ain't as great as they once probably were, many of them are still decent.

GR:FS was good, but still - nothing great.

I ain't played SC: BlackList yet. I liked SC: Conviction, but like most SC games - they all seem to pale in comparison to Chaos Theory.

I thought Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 and 2 were both awesome.

The Division looks very promising, though.

I need to eventually get my hands on Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon.

EDIT:

Likely as is Origin and Steam. Ever read some of the negative "reviews" on Amazon for games that require Steam? It's like Steam is the digital incarnation of the Devil. Average gamer = ignorant gamer (more times than not).
THIS.

I'd guess most average gamer wants to boot their game up and just bloody GO.

They'd probably be happier w/ DRM-FREE - as opposed to Steam, UPlay, Origin, or anything else that involves DRM.

About AC series:

While I have not played AC3 - I doubt it can be worse than AC1, gameplay-wise. I could be wrong, though. Will have to eventually get AC3 and find out. While I liked AC:R, I thought it was nowhere as great as AC1 + AC:B.

About Tom Clancy games:

While they ain't as great as they once probably were, many of them are still decent.

GR:FS was good, but still - nothing great.

I ain't played SC: BlackList yet. I liked SC: Conviction, but like most SC games - they all seem to pale in comparison to Chaos Theory.

I thought Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 and 2 were both awesome.

The Division looks very promising, though.

I need to eventually get my hands on Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon.
I'm pretty sure he meant just general opinion. Most didn't like AC3, or at least felt it was a big let down, and Tom Clancy has fallen out of the limelight somewhat. I think FarCry is their best bet currently, but we'll see if they pull a Madden and start releasing it annually.

I've nothing against UPlay per say, but I don't think most people are going to make the switch peacefully, and some will no doubt simply not buy the games (not a ton, but I've seen a few people boycotting Origin so clearly some are crazy like that).

I'm pretty sure he meant just general opinion. Most didn't like AC3, or at least felt it was a big let down, and Tom Clancy has fallen out of the limelight somewhat. I think FarCry is their best bet currently, but we'll see if they pull a Madden and start releasing it annually.

I've nothing against UPlay per say, but I don't think most people are going to make the switch peacefully, and some will no doubt simply not buy the games (not a ton, but I've seen a few people boycotting Origin so clearly some are crazy like that).
Well, here's the problem - how do you top masterpieces? The answer is - companies usually don't.

When you have something as rare as the awesome AC2 & AC:B - did anyone really think AC3 was going to top those?

Same goes for DA2 - after as amazing as DAO was, did anyone really think BioWare would top DAO with DA2?

Same could hold true for Deus Ex: IW - after Deus Ex 1, did anyone really think Deus Ex: IW would top Deus Ex 1?

Anytime you find that rare masterpiece, expect the next game to dip in quality - whether it be a little, a lot, or a ridiculous amount.

Well, here's the problem - how do you top masterpieces? The answer is - companies usually don't.

When you have something as rare as the awesome AC2 & AC:B - did anyone really think AC3 was going to top those?

Same goes for DA2 - after as amazing as DAO was, did anyone really think BioWare would top DAO with DA2?

Same could hold true for Deus Ex: IW - after Deus Ex 1, did anyone really think Deus Ex: IW would top Deus Ex 1?

Anytime you find that rare masterpiece, expect the next game to dip in quality - whether it be a little, a lot, or a ridiculous amount.
Well, here's the problem - the general public expects each new game to be better than the last. They don't consider all that goes into a game and simply assume that it can only get better. Then when they find out otherwise they blow it out of proportion which sometimes makes good games get a bad rep, since they weren't as great as everyone hoped.

Not everyone can take such a cynical view on sequels and assume they will inevitably of worse quality, and quite frankly they shouldn't have to as there are dozens of amazing games with equally or even more amazing sequels.

the law of diminishing returns.

my point is i don't see a wildly popular and active PC franchise like battlefield for ubi to hang their hat on. rainbow 6 vegas 2 was cool but that was 5 years ago.

blizzard and EA get away with it because they have PC games with massive followings. ubi might be overextending themselves here imo.

Personally, I'm more interested in seeing some older titles being Uplay enabled. Such as all the Tom Clancy titles or the older AC's. EA/Origin can do it...come on Ubi/Uplay, get with it.
Yeah, I actually prefer it. I buy EA games on Origin, Ubi games on Uplay, and everything else on Steam or Desura. I like Uplay's features and download speeds. I really hope they get the rest of their catalog on Uplay if they're going to keep pushing it harder.

And most of these services like Origin and UPlay are still LIGHT years behind what Steam has ALREADY done before, nevermind what Steam's currently doing.

Those guys came WAY LATE to the party.
Eh, not really. Who has live support? Origin. Who let you choose your install directory first? Origin. Who still lets you play most of your games without logging into your account? Origin.

People laud Steam as being so superior, when they're really not. Steam offline mode has given me issues multiple times in the past, their support is utter crap, their servers fucking explode whenever there's a big sale, etc etc. They aren't that advanced. I still love Steam because of the community functions and general ease of use, but calling it "LIGHT years" ahead of other clients seems very silly to me.

Yeah, I actually prefer it. I buy EA games on Origin, Ubi games on Uplay, and everything else on Steam or Desura. I like Uplay's features and download speeds. I really hope they get the rest of their catalog on Uplay if they're going to keep pushing it harder.
Amen.

Like yourself - I usually like to get EA games on Origin; Ubi games on UPlay. The less DRM layers, I have to deal with, the better.

Eh, not really. Who has live support? Origin. Who let you choose your install directory first? Origin. Who still lets you play most of your games without logging into your account? Origin.

People laud Steam as being so superior, when they're really not. Steam offline mode has given me issues multiple times in the past, their support is utter crap, their servers fucking explode whenever there's a big sale, etc etc. They aren't that advanced. I still love Steam because of the community functions and general ease of use, but calling it "LIGHT years" ahead of other clients seems very silly to me.

In terms of actual features, I think Steam puts most to shame. Luckily, I never had much problems w/ Steam's offline mode - yet, I know others who unfortunately have.

I never much problems w/ Origin's offline mode, either.

I don't see Origin and UPlay supporting Big Picture Mode; having such a robust community on their message boards; having such robust Friends Tools; screenshot taking built-into the client-program.

Steam does ALL of that - and puts the others to absolute shame.

Steam certainly does a better job w/ the social aspects than all of the others.

Steam also now has (FINALLY) the option to install games in different directories. While they were behind the curve on that at one time, they no longer are, thankfully. Origin surely at one time had the easiest reinstalls - as you can just back-up your game folder as is, more or less. You can now do that w/ Steam - or use their back-up utility.

I agree about Origin's live support, though - their support's pretty good. Thankfully, never had to deal w/ Steam's support - I've heard the horror stories, hehe.

Also, I'm still waiting for Activision and Blizzard to finally do something w/ BNet - maybe one day have 3rd party support over there.

the law of diminishing returns.

my point is i don't see a wildly popular and active PC franchise like battlefield for ubi to hang their hat on. rainbow 6 vegas 2 was cool but that was 5 years ago.

blizzard and EA get away with it because they have PC games with massive followings. ubi might be overextending themselves here imo.
While I think AC fell off a bit w/ AC:R, people still buy those games on PC and consoles. I still think that's their "money" franchise - kind of like how Activision has COD. NO matter how good or bad or mediocre the games might be, people still buy them.
About Blizzard - they fell off after Diablo 3. And given that most of the guys who built Diablo 2 left for Runic - it was no real surprise to me that Torchlight 2 turned out to be the better game, IMHO.

Well, here's the problem - the general public expects each new game to be better than the last. They don't consider all that goes into a game and simply assume that it can only get better. Then when they find out otherwise they blow it out of proportion which sometimes makes good games get a bad rep, since they weren't as great as everyone hoped.

Not everyone can take such a cynical view on sequels and assume they will inevitably of worse quality, and quite frankly they shouldn't have to as there are dozens of amazing games with equally or even more amazing sequels.
Yes - but when did the general public ever pick things right? ;) Not often.

Seriously - all of the games I mentioned did the rare thing of making masterpieces, IMHO. That doesn't happen VERY often. Sure, there are plenty of great games out there - but then, there are gaming masterpieces that are even above greatness and are on a total whole another level entirely.

IMHO - DAO; AC2 + AC:B; Bioshock 1 + Infinite; Deus Ex 1; and COD4: MW all fit in this category.

Games of these level of masterpieces are VERY, VERY RARE.

Most of the games I just listed perfected, evolutionized, and/or revolutionized their genre entirely.

Other than AC:B (which had a VERY HUGE team - and surprisingly turned as great as it did), most of these games took numerous YEARS to make.

Amen.

Like yourself - I usually like to get EA games on Origin; Ubi games on UPlay. The less DRM layers, I have to deal with, the better.
I've started doing this myself as well. Already did for EA at around the time of Dragon Age 2's launch and Ubisoft for the FarCry 3/Assassin's Creed 3 launches. I actually quite like the Uplay client since the latest update. It's running roughly as smoothly as Origin tends to do, both much more stable and use maybe half of the resources as the Steam client.

My only real issue with Ubi is that they're still somewhat split on what gets a Steamworks launch (like say Cloudberry Kingdom and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger or the upcoming Might & Magic X: Legacy) and what's straight-up Uplay at retail. Their DLC management also leaves much to be desired. Worse even than Steam because you can't even tell which DLC you have just by looking at the client (it doesn't seem to register Deluxe Editions properly). I think Origin has that one down pat, both in clearly showing you what content you have and allowing you to download and install it whenever you want, rather than forcing you into installation with the base game.

I agree about Origin's live support, though - their support's pretty good. Thankfully, never had to deal w/ Steam's support - I've heard the horror stories, hehe.
No offense to T-man and his army of hamsters, but you're more likely to get a resolution out of a gerbil answering email than steam support.

No offense to T-man and his army of hamsters, but you're more likely to get a resolution out of a gerbil answering email than steam support.
I've gotten resolutions twice, it just takes a really long time sometimes. First one took 4 days, 2nd took about 3 weeks.

Count me on the less clients/drm per game team.

I also love Origin's offline mode- probably the most important feature for me. Uplay's seems less of a hassle too.

Don't forget Origin now has a refund policy for their digital games, pretty sweet.

And most of these services like Origin and UPlay are still LIGHT years behind what Steam has ALREADY done before, nevermind what Steam's currently doing.

Those guys came WAY LATE to the party.
I personally would say origin is better at the core job of supplying, organising and allowing you to play games.

Steam is bloated with community crap and hat trading functionality. It's great if masses of pointless time wasting features are what you want, but origin is much more streamlined towards the core goal of playing games.

Uplay is a bit behind but each major version seems a step closer so they;re going in the right direction.

People laud Steam as being so superior, when they're really not.
Agreed. Though, I think the one thing that Steam has on both Origin and Uplay are the Community features. Accessibility to SPUF, chat, marketplace, etc all through the Steam website or client is smart. That is the one area where Origin and Uplay won't be able to catch up on overnight, that will take (user) experience, stability and time.

Plus. cardz.

About CS:

Amazon > Origin >>>>>>>>>> Steam

About the client, I like Steam, Origin and Desura. But I think Steam should launch a "lite" version for people who only want to play the games (like origin), with better offline support.

I personally would say origin is better at the core job of supplying, organising and allowing you to play games.

Steam is bloated with community crap and hat trading functionality. It's great if masses of pointless time wasting features are what you want, but origin is much more streamlined towards the core goal of playing games.

Uplay is a bit behind but each major version seems a step closer so they;re going in the right direction.

That shit = free games.

I've made over $77 while attempting to expend the least amount of effort possible and that figure doesn't include hat sales from way back.

That $ goes a long way during sales.

IMHO - DAO; AC2 + AC:B; Bioshock 1 + Infinite; ... ; and COD4: MW all fit in this category.

Games of these level of masterpieces are VERY, VERY RARE.

Most of the games I just listed perfected, evolutionized, and/or revolutionized their genre entirely.
is this a joke? trollpost?

i mean i assume 'masterpiece' is some sort of sarcasm-code for 'consolised shit'? and 'perfected' 'evolutionized' and 'revolutionized' must actually mean 'dumbed down' 'declined' and 'shat on'?

i mean that's the only way your post makes sense

i mean i assume 'masterpiece' is some sort of sarcastic code for 'shit'? and 'perfected' 'evolutionized' and 'revolutionized' must actually mean 'dumbed down' 'declined' and 'shat on'?

i mean that's the only way i can make any sense of your post
Glad I'm not the only one that was desperately racing to the nearest trash can to violently puke.

Any chance to PM newegg on Bioshock Infinite for $15.99?
I asked about this too. And did a PM request on the Amazon page. There've been folks asking about price matching the Civ 5 Brave New World expansion that Newegg has for $11.99 too. No word on any of it, yet.

Tony? :)

Just fired off an email!

Why would I be offended lol? I don't run their support team :).

I asked about this too. And did a PM request on the Amazon page. There've been folks asking about price matching the Civ 5 Brave New World expansion that Newegg has for $11.99 too. No word on any of it, yet.

Tony? :)
Heyo!

Sorry I don't usually answer these since this info used to be in the OP. I thought I readded it during PAX but I guess I'm crazy, I'll re-add now. We don't match Newegg though.

Cheers,

Tony

That shit = free games.

I've made over $77 while attempting to expend the least amount of effort possible and that figure doesn't include hat sales from way back.

That $ goes a long way during sales.
Yeah I've made £147.15 from trading cards so far and haven't paid money for a game since June. So that particular part is OK but the rest of the bloat sucks. :D

someone call 911, she's having a seizure.

Just fired off an email!

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks Tony, I'll buy it as soon as it has a steam key. :)

Yeah I've made £147.15 from trading cards so far and haven't paid money for a game since June. So that particular part is OK but the rest of the bloat sucks. :D
haven't paid for a steam game, nor bacon or moonshine since June. Thanks Steam Cardz!!!!!!!

I have it, I've played it. It's terrible. The physics are downright awful and flipper-ball contact makes the ball go flying no matter where on the flipper you hit the ball (even by the flipper-hinge) making it near-impossible to

7.jpg

I have it, I've played it. It's terrible. The physics are downright awful and flipper-ball contact makes the ball go flying no matter where on the flipper you hit the ball (even by the flipper-hinge) making it near-impossible to

7.jpg
damn, I was looking forward to it, I miss pinball. I used to have pinball machines when I was growing up so maybe its just nostalgia. How is the other pinball game on steam, the free one with all the dlc?

damn, I was looking forward to it, I miss pinball. I used to have pinball machines when I was growing up so maybe its just nostalgia. How is the other pinball game on steam, the free one with all the dlc?
I really like Pinball FX2, but as Ashes has said a lot, it isn't very realistic. Still a ton of fun though IMO, and worth giving a shot since it's free afterall :)

Definately give Pinball FX2 a go (now that it has a free table. FX2 is quite slick video pinball and the free table is a good showcase (some of their other tables I don't like so much, e.g. V12). The cheapest the DLC tables have been is 50% off on the summer sale. However it is video pinball -- it is not a pinball sim. It's also available on android under a different name: Zen Pinball HD.

Good news: There is a good pinball sim with recreations of meatspace tables coming to steam shortly... Pinball Arcade. I've played it a bit on Android and feel that the physics is pretty decent.

Definately give Pinball FX2 a go (now that it has a free table. FX2 is quite slick video pinball and the free table is a good showcase (some of their other tables I don't like so much, e.g. V12). The cheapest the DLC tables have been is 50% off on the summer sale. However it is video pinball -- it is not a pinball sim. It's also available on android under a different name: Zen Pinball HD.

Good news: There is a good pinball sim with recreations of meatspace tables coming to steam shortly... Pinball Arcade. I've played it a bit on Android and feel that the physics is pretty decent.

I wanna buy the fcuk out of that Twilight Zone table. :twisted: O:)

Agreed. Though, I think the one thing that Steam has on both Origin and Uplay are the Community features. Accessibility to SPUF, chat, marketplace, etc all through the Steam website or client is smart. That is the one area where Origin and Uplay won't be able to catch up on overnight, that will take (user) experience, stability and time.

Plus. cardz.
Agreed 100%.

I would be interested if they launch another steamplay title, like the next big thing. My wife loved that game... She is a mac user

i mean i assume 'masterpiece' is some sort of sarcasm-code for 'consolised shit'? and 'perfected' 'evolutionized' and 'revolutionized' must actually mean 'dumbed down' 'declined' and 'shat on'?

Ladies and gentlemen, TripJack.

Completely serious. No trolling at all. No sarcasm at all.

AC1 was a copy & paste jobs for side-quests, voice-acting & NPC's - and many side-quests were required before you could get to the real meat & awesome stuff of the actual game. AC2 pretty much threw this garbage right out entirely - not forcing you to do sides before a main. Also, AC2 was more than a stealth game - as there were tons of actual different types of quests, from straight-up actions affairs to stealth quests. While AC:B's story was nowhere as great as AC1 or AC2 - AC:B pretty much perfected, tweaked, & improved the gameplay in the series; and added MP to an AC game to boot.

COD4: MW was the first FPS to succeed at doing the "Competitive MP has a level-progression system." And unfortunately, MANY of FPS game w/ competitive MP has been copying it for YEARS - and COD series still does this better than most.

As for Bioshock 1 + Bioshock: Infinite - some of the best stories, game-worlds & characters put forth in games period. Bioshock 1 is not even worth comparing to System Shock 2 - b/c SS2 is a FPS/RPG combo, while Bioshock is a FPS with some RPG elements.

As for DA:O - I'd like to know how the hell you think the PC version of that was "consolized" & "dumbed-down". Is it b/c Inventory is party-based and not each party-member based? If you're talking DA2 - well, then I'd agree w/ you on that.

Completely serious. No trolling at all. No sarcasm at all.

AC1 was a copy & paste jobs for side-quests, voice-acting & NPC's - and many side-quests were required before you could get to the real meat & awesome stuff of the actual game. AC2 pretty much threw this garbage right out entirely - not forcing you to do sides before a main. Also, AC2 was more than a stealth game - as there were tons of actual different types of quests, from straight-up actions affairs to stealth quests. While AC:B's story was nowhere as great as AC1 or AC2 - AC:B pretty much perfected, tweaked, & improved the gameplay in the series; and added MP to an AC game to boot.

COD4: MW was the first FPS to succeed at doing the "Competitive MP has a level-progression system." And unfortunately, MANY of FPS game w/ competitive MP has been copying it for YEARS - and COD series still does this better than most.

As for Bioshock 1 + Bioshock: Infinite - some of the best stories, game-worlds & characters put forth in games period. Bioshock 1 is not even worse comparing to System Shock 2 - b/c SS2 is a FPS/RPG, while Bioshock is a FPS with some RPG elements.

As for DA:O - I'd like to know how the hell you think the PC version of that was "consolized" & "dumbed-down". Is it b/c Inventory is party-based and not each party-member based? If you're talking DA2 - well, then I'd agree w/ you on that.
Don't take him too seriously. He pops in now and then and just posts troll posts usually revolving around "fallout 3 sucks ass". Your cool, collected breakdown was great, but probably completely wasted on him. That's just how he is.

Don't take him too seriously. He pops in now and then and just posts troll posts usually revolving around "fallout 3 sucks ass". Your cool, collected breakdown was great, but probably completely wasted on him. That's just how he is.
I'm sorry - but Fallout 3 was fantastic. And yes, so was Fallout: New Vegas.

Fallout 1 + 2 were also great - the "main" games in that series have been great, if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back