Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
From August 29 - September 8 (today is the final day of the sale). Only few hours left.

So it seems that all EA-related customers have been scammed because of the NO EA (major titles) deals mention on the Wiki.
A sale ending is the same as a scam?

Yep.

Game companies need to do two things w/ G4WL-base games, since G4WL will be going away:

1. Patch-out G4WL and any M$ Server-Side DRM out of their game.

2. Allow for their G4WL keys to activate over Steam.

3. Steam-versions of these games should fully support ONLY the Steamworks suite.

You know what would be funny? If M$ ever re-ported Halo 1, 2 over to the PC; and finally ported Halo 3, 4, ODST, and Reach over to the PC - and make it use Steamworks.

I'm probably dreaming, though. ;)

EDIT:

While I'm dreaming, M$ should port Fable 2 over to PC, as well.
agree tho microsoft hasnt offically announce it cause codemaster told me when i asked so cmon codemaster should jsut do it now so we can play betteer

Yes. I'm out like $5000 I don't even know where it fucking went! Seriously EA...
EA killed my sister in a duel.

I've been tracking him for nigh on 18 years now.

One day I'll find that motherfucker, and he'll feel the massive effect of a lead sandwich in his dragon age: origins.

Then EA will die of confusion.

Sims 3.

(This message was not brought to you by Mind LInk.)

EA killed my sister in a duel.

I've been tracking him for nigh on 18 years now.

One day I'll find that motherfucker, and he'll feel the massive effect of a lead sandwich in his dragon age: origins.

Then EA will die of confusion.

Sims 3.

(This message was not brought to you by Mind LInk.)
-____-

From August 29 - September 8 (today is the final day of the sale). Only few hours left.

So it seems that all EA-related customers have been scammed because of the NO EA (major titles) deals mention on the Wiki.

We'll see if there be any "encore" day tomorrow after some hours. Like Tony mentioned early.
dude, chill, EA is just preparing for their Fall Free For All Sale. :bouncy:

>.> I really don't get the bundling Dead Space 1 & 3 but not two...
It's about money - they want you to buy Dead Space 2. :p

That, or they plan to put it in a different EA Humble Bundle.

Regardless, if you were looking for Dead Space 1 + 3, I so hope you got in on the 1st Origin HB - $1 minimum is a steal for those games.

It was noted on the Steam forums that they'd skipped games from series that have third party DRM. Dead Space 2 and Crysis 1 & Warhead. They perhaps didn't want peoples feelings for DRM getting in the way of their charity effort?

It was noted on the Steam forums that they'd skipped games from series that have third party DRM. Dead Space 2 and Crysis 1 & Warhead. They perhaps didn't want peoples feelings for DRM getting in the way of their charity effort?
Medal of Honor has SecuRom so that theory doesn't hold much water.

MoH is not a bad game. I'm playing through it now. I'd actually call it a good game in an oversaturated genre. It just doesn't really do anything to set itself apart from the crowd. (SP campaign opinion, here.)
I never said it was: I said that nobody cares about it. If nobody cares about it enough to play it through more than one or two times, (if they even finish it at all - which many people supposedly don't do if it's an "average" FPS,) then they're unlikely to run out of activations.

What I don't get is why they ended the Origin sale before the HB was over. They should have kept it up for another week or so. That way people with gaps from the HB would buy the missing titles. Since they went up to full price before the sale ended, though, that's not going to happen.

See? That's the problem Amazon continues to have with discoverability. They really do need to have "official" lists with dates and times and what not. Even if it's on an obscure page that few will ever find, there needs to be a record of what is on sale when and for how much and for how long. It needs to be updated as soon as the sales are updated. I find it hard to imagine Amazon doesn't have a list that could be more easily turned into a list of links with updated amounts.
I mean, when you think about it, a company SHOULD be eager for its sales to be as easy to use as possible. Moreover, I truly believe any company doing sales online would have to have their own internal list of links of things on sale with dates and sale prices. So I say just do us all a favor and make it presentable to the public and use it as a "detailed view" of a sale in "Detailed list" form instead of "thumbnail" view like so many of the Amazon pages trying to list sales are these days.
Or just have a countdown timer like their biggest competitor does, right on the store page.
A count down timer or some more precise information would be greatly appreciated, probably not only by me. And having to look here for a comprehensive list is not optimal, as His Divine Order pointed out.
One of Amazon's main pricing strategies for physical goods is to change the price of things constantly. Sometimes three to five times a day. They don't usually have standard discount amount sales, or promotions with fixed end times. And that practice seems to inform a lot of how their digital sales are run.

Or maybe it's just that Tony doesn't have enough access to make things happen the way he wants. Who knows?

Hey guys,

Looks like the EA issue was a fat finger error on my part ( I set up the promotion incorrectly so the pricing didn't flip).

The following prices will be live 9/9-9/11

BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM EDITION - $19.99
BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM SERVICE - $14.99
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle [Download] - $9.99
FIFA 13 - $9.99  
Need for Speed Most Wanted Pack (Game + DLC) - $24.99
SIMCITY (PC/MAC) - $29.99  

Edit:

You can blame this guy:

7Kx2XUp.jpg

Cheers,

Tony

I just found out about this. Amazon is now competing with Steam and Netflix at the same time? In a few years I am certain they will start selling hamburgers to compete with McDonald's.

Why is there no steam key for kingdoms of amalur complete :(
AS far as I'm aware of (unless the situation has changed), the only place to get Amalur Steam keys is from Steam. Amazon (Tony) has made an effort to acquire Steam keys, but that effort has stalled.

So today I discovered I was just now billed for Spec Ops: The Line...which I bought in January with the $5 off coupon. Granted $2.49 won't kill me but has anyone else experienced being charged exceptionally late? I'm a little paranoid that I got charged twice...

So today I discovered I was just now billed for Spec Ops: The Line...which I bought in January with the $5 off coupon. Granted $2.49 won't kill me but has anyone else experienced being charged exceptionally late? I'm a little paranoid that I got charged twice...
Can you send me your order ID so i can follow up on this?

Cheers,
Tony

I have Amalur on Ps3 and have rarely played it and have seen the complete bundle go on sale for 10 multiple times.  Should I bite on the pc complete or hope the dlc on psn goes on sale.  Im doubting it will..  Especially to get all for 10 like the pc bundle.

I have Amalur on Ps3 and have rarely played it and have seen the complete bundle go on sale for 10 multiple times. Should I bite on the pc complete or hope the dlc on psn goes on sale. Im doubting it will.. Especially to get all for 10 like the pc bundle.
I got it for 8.99 on GG. Plus .50 back in the credits they give. Just a heads-up.

So Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Hitman tomorrow?

I fully recommend Sleeping Dogs, I will be picking up the pack for Tomb Raider and splitting the other two keys. 

So Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Hitman tomorrow?

I fully recommend Sleeping Dogs, I will be picking up the pack for Tomb Raider and splitting the other two keys.
The deal of the week is staggered this week so we'll have those 3 products on sale at different times. I thought I noted this in thread but here's the schedule:

9/12-9/14 - Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack - $8.99

9/15-9/16 – Square Enix Gamer’s Bundle - $14.99

9/17-9/18 - The Hitman + Tomb Raider + Sleeping Dogs pack - $13.99

Cheers,

Tony

Just a heads-up Tony, the link for the Hitman bundle is messed up.

There's no colon after http, it shows http//www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3EFHCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back