Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started godus and its sort of like if those crappy city building facebook games were actually decent well made real games. I am enjoying it, but its definitely light and gentle so far. But not in a bad way.

FTL is AMAZING. It's my favourite game so far this year. 

I've just gotta get the damn Crystal Cruiser to complete my ship collection

I have seriously only unlocked 1 ship. I have no idea what I have been doing wrong but I never seem to get new ship models
Nah, you haven't done anything wrong, but ships are unlocked via random events. HOWEVER, you often need to have upgraded certain systems to have the options (the extra coloured option) or certain races required to unlock the ship. Lots of people dont upgrade their medbay or teleporter or scanner, but they were all required at some point to unlock ships. So try and upgrade your ships as much as possible. The federation cruiser can be unlocked only after you beat the mothership

Also worthwhile to have members of the same alien races onboard when you enter a sector as that unlocks dialogue options too.

To get the Layout B of any ship, you have to complete 2/3 of the achievements for that particular cruiser

Tip: get a teleporter early, and board heavily with your crew (preferably rockman or mantis). You get way more scrap by not destroying the enemy ship but by killing all of their crew. That way you can upgrade your ship quicker. Also get the Scrap recovery arm. You don't really need to upgrade weapons too much until the later sectors. So concentrate on shields etc (whatever allows you to take little damage while your crew are killing off the enemy crew). When upgrading weapons, concentrate on working out damage in relation to power bars and getting the efficient weapons. (e.g. 2 shots of 2 damage each on 2 power bars is actually better than 2 shots of 3 damage each on 4 power bars).

Quick question and sorry if it has been answered but are these bundles one key or multiple keys? Thanks in advance!
Yeah, I was wondering about this too. I have all the hitman games except for the Blood Money. If it's multiple, I might buy the bundle and sell the rest or just buy just the Blood Money from someone. Anyone know?

[customspoiler='Whatever, you don't know what you're missing.']
i-pity-da-fool.jpg
[/customspoiler]
And you don't understand - I'm already some 20 hours already into GoT: RPG.

I'm not dropping *this* story - it's TOO GOOD to drop, IMHO

You want to debate the rest of the game, fine - but NOT the story.

FTL can wait, at least until GoT: RPG is done...

EDIT:

Plus, FTL was given to me.

I paid $ for GoT: RPG.

I'm not dropping *this* story - it's TOO GOOD to drop.

I heard that GOT was just awful, but you seem to be really into it, is it not as bad as I heard?

I heard that GOT was just awful, but you seem to be really into it, is it not as bad as I heard?
To keep this (somewhat) short:

GoT: RPG feels dated (like it should've been released when DAO came out - especially graphically; and in the actual look of its combat) and all over the place in many regards (voice-acting, actual sounds themselves, poor mini-map, etc)...

...but the story, plot, characters, GoT Universe & Lore - all of that stuff is great; and what's making it almost impossible for me to put down, even despite my laundry list of minor complaints.

Here are some of my (lengthy) 1st impressions & thoughts on GoT: RPG:

http://www.xfire.com/blog/mysterd/4776881

Nice code drops, it sucks that I have all those games from Humble Bundle, except FEZ.

Is the Hitman pack separate Steam keys or just one?

Yeah, I was wondering about this too. I have all the hitman games except for the Blood Money. If it's multiple, I might buy the bundle and sell the rest or just buy just the Blood Money from someone. Anyone know?
Pretty sure I saw someone selling a key they mentioned was from the hitman bundle, so I think it's multiples (though don't hate me if I'm wrong, there are so many bundles I'm not sure which it was from if any).

I'm not dropping *this* story - it's TOO GOOD to drop, IMHO

EDIT:

Plus, FTL was given to me.

I paid $ for GoT: RPG.
Fine, glad you're enjoying GoT, but for the record FTL isn't exactly something you have to spend years of your life playing so you don't need to feel as if you have to drop GoT to play it. As was already mentioned, you can play a game in 30 or so minutes and come away completely satisfied. I don't want to argue with you, you're perfectly entitled to play whatever you like, but I would hate to see FTL sit forever in your backlog as it is very very good.

Pretty sure I saw someone selling a key they mentioned was from the hitman bundle, so I think it's multiples (though don't hate me if I'm wrong, there are so many bundles I'm not sure which it was from if any).

Fine, glad you're enjoying GoT, but for the record FTL isn't exactly something you have to spend years of your life playing so you don't need to feel as if you have to drop GoT to play it. As was already mentioned, you can play a game in 30 or so minutes and come away completely satisfied. I don't want to argue with you, you're perfectly entitled to play whatever you like, but I would hate to see FTL sit forever in your backlog as it is very very good.
There's just TOO much going on in the story here that GoT has going on for me to even want to stop it. GoT is NOT Skyrim - Skyrim, b/c of the way its built, can be easily dropped and came back to at a later time and date b/c of its nature: open-world, tons of quests, different quest-lines, acts like an offline MMO, etc.

GoT: RPG does NOT strike me as such, given its linearity w/ so many elements happening in the story & characters and the way it like to drop cliffhangers at the end of each chapter. It does it in such a way, you will want to keep going - even despite the laundry list of complaints I have w/ the game. I'm sticking w/ this game & its story.

If FTL can be finished in 30 minutes, I think it can be possibly next. Might need a short game, after this much longer GoT: RPG haul that I got going on and just can't quit.

Nice code drops, it sucks that I have all those games from Humble Bundle, except FEZ.

Is the Hitman pack separate Steam keys or just one?
It doesn't suck, it just means you're that much closer to collecting them all. ;)

Tony, any chance of the Lego Complete Pack with Indiana Jones and Star Wars Complete going back on sale with Steam keys on Amazon? My son is finally showing an interest in these, arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh.

There's just TOO much going on in the story here that GoT has going on for me to even want to stop it. GoT is NOT Skyrim - Skyrim, b/c of the way its built, can be easily dropped and came back to at a later time and date b/c of its nature: open-world, tons of quests, different quest-lines, acts like an offline MMO, etc.

GoT: RPG does NOT strike me as such, given its linearity w/ so many elements happening in the story & characters and the way it like to drop cliffhangers at the end of each chapter. It does it in such a way, you will want to keep going - even despite the laundry list of complaints I have w/ the game. I'm sticking w/ this game & its story.

If FTL can be finished in 30 minutes, I think it can be possibly next. Might need a short game, after this much longer GoT: RPG haul that I got going on and just can't quit.
First time you play FTL, will probably only take you 15 mins to die. ;) But it does get longer and longer, especially when you start pausing and working out strategies before every action and stop using autofire (for greater control and accuracy). It takes me about 2.5 hours per game now

FTL probably in my personal top 20 games of all time. I love it, as I type this I'm listening to the FTL original soundtrack I got from the Humble Bundle. Very good =)

u al suck jk but stragety is my favorite genre behind first person shooter. and i dont like ftl tho. 

Regarding keys, Amazon bundles seem to always have individual keys for games in my experience which is one reason I prefer them to Steam and some other options as no game is "wasted".

On another note, the deals here are pretty good but I lack only the Hitman games and do not have the will to get into them with my backlog.  However, I did pass along (i.e. advertise) the deals elsewhere to try to help out since for many getting Tomb Raider with two other games for $15 is better than the game alone for $12.50 (current Steam deal).

In other news, here is brief wishlist of games I would like to see hit discounts soon:  Mortal Kombat (preferably at least 66% off), Batman AC DLC (bundled and on sale), Rouge Legacy (66% off is my buy point), Final Fantasy 7 (50%+ off preferred)

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (origin): HKV5-D??C-WN99-LSQY-KJMH (hint: New York)
Nice offer! :D

Already have C2 [Original] (from Amazon DVG) activated, though.

Someone else can get that, if they haven't already.

Plus, I got extra C2: Max copies looming (Origin and Steam) - and tons of other keys I'd have to look through, as well.

Ain't decided on activating just to get the DLC for myself or what.

Regarding keys, Amazon bundles seem to always have individual keys for games in my experience which is one reason I prefer them to Steam and some other options as no game is "wasted".

On another note, the deals here are pretty good but I lack only the Hitman games and do not have the will to get into them with my backlog. However, I did pass along (i.e. advertise) the deals elsewhere to try to help out since for many getting Tomb Raider with two other games for $15 is better than the game alone for $12.50 (current Steam deal).

In other news, here is brief wishlist of games I would like to see hit discounts soon: Mortal Kombat (preferably at least 66% off), Batman AC DLC (bundled and on sale), Rouge Legacy (66% off is my buy point), Final Fantasy 7 (50%+ off preferred)
mortal kombat very likely to be 75% off cause on another site gametap it had 75% off so it prolly at least 66% off or 75% off

I think the thing w/ Amazon DVG promo's of late - especially within the last year - is this:

I already have bought the awesome games on sale there in some kind of deal from somewhere already (could have been earlier from Amazon DVG, could've been elsewhere);

I already have multiple games that are already in their Amazon bundles (which could cause me not to jump on a bundle);

and/or their *current* deals just ain't good enough to suit *me* yet.

I remember before sometime last year, Amazon DVG felt like for the last few years my "go to" place for awesome deals. Now, I feel like their competition's stepping their game up, more so than ever. 

Also, then throw HB and Groupees and things like that also into the mix - I feel like I'm often buying more scattered & all over the place than ever before, from all kinds of different services.

I've always bought from numerous different digital services, but Amazon DVG seemed to be getting a good deal of my video-game money, last few years before this current year. This doesn't seem as true for me, this current year.

It doesn't take 30 mins to complete. 30 minutes is how much you can play in one sitting and be satisfied with said game time.

It doesn't take 30 mins to complete. 30 minutes is how much you can play in one sitting and be satisfied with said game time.

Yep. Might be my favorite part about this game. I can take a break from playing something else, load FTL and play through a sector, then get right back into the game I wanted to take a break from (currently The Walking Dead).

I can't forget to mention that one sector can often turn into 3 or 4 if you're really on a roll.

My other favorite part is that if you have the DRM-free version (humble style), you can play it even without admin rights. Think break time at work, computer lab between classes, etc. And since the specs aren't very high, most computers can run it.

The Gamer's Bundle is up (on the front page), shows a different price, though. Ah, well, still not available yet.

Edit: now up and priced right. :mrgreen:

I played all of the 3 already and was disappointed with none of them. 3 really good games IMO.

Edit; Sorry was thinking about the other pack (TR, Hitman, SD). Nevermind.

Just played an hour and seventeen minutes of Papo y Yo and am loving it so far.  The graphics are really good for a platformer.  The gameplay is relaxed but challenging in spots.  It's more of a thinking game than a reflex game, but jumps and reflexes do come into play at times.  The story is good, but not entirely in your face.  There are hint boxes (optional) that you can use if you get stuck. 

Basically, I'd compare this to a game like Limbo, but with all the good parts of Limbo fleshed out and advanced and the bad parts fixed.  Really loving it and can't wait to finish it.

Definitely worth the $3.75.  Soundtrack in game is pretty good so far, mostly what I assume is Brazilian music. 

I'm afraid its initial good impression doesn't last... :(  You've probably seen the best of it by now.  It's pretty repetitive and dull as it goes on.

Its problem is the whole 3d puzzle platformer thing has been done before by many games - and done much better.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons does the whole story via a game thing much better by actually having a unique game.

I'm afraid its initial good impression doesn't last... :( You've probably seen the best of it by now. It's pretty repetitive and dull as it goes on.

Its problem is the whole 3d puzzle platformer thing has been done before by many games - and done much better.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons does the whole story via a game thing much better by actually having a unique game.
Well, I have to admit the game held my attention until the end and I started and finished it today in about 3 hours. There's a few achievements to unlock on a second playthrough, but I have to many games in the backlog to do that.

What other similar games would you say are better? Preferably stuff that might have been bundled or will hit 75% off so I can try it out. Really dug Papo so am interested to see how much better the genre can get.

I actually just beat Brothers: Tale of Two Sons and Papo y Yo back to back over the last month.  I enjoyed both games, though I agree with targetbsp that Papo showed its most unique gameplay elements quite early on (such as the moving blocks puzzle).  Some of the puzzles really dragged on for me, such as the ones where you make bridges one unit at a time (via houses or tankers) or the insect like thing that moves Monster from place to place.  However, I enjoyed the story a lot and was glad to have played the game.  I found the ending quite moving as well.

However, I also must raise my hand and recommend Brothers whole-heartedly.  In some ways, Brothers may not be as personal of a tale because I know nothing about the developer's story, but the gameplay was very unique and tied into the story VERY well.  There are some instances in the game where I was amazed just how well gameplay and story meshed together.  I recall some reviews being a bit down on the middle arcs of the game, but I never felt it got repetitive, and I loved the themes of each area and how they subtly foreshadowed the ultimate outcome.  True, it hasn't been on sale yet, but I think it's one of my top 3 favorite games of the year... something I completely did not expect (a true surprise up there with Call of Juarez Gunslinger).

I don't know of many similar types of 3d puzzle platform games that combine such a rich story with its gameplay, though I suppose Portal and its sequel should get a nod here.  My favorite 3d puzzle platforming isn't available on PC: the Clank-time puzzles from Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time.  :)

Yeah not so much the story - just the better gameplay.  As said, Portal is the obvious one.

Pulseshift on Desura, Quantum Conundrum (though skip its DLC), Magrunner

If you're prepared to go 2d: Vessel, Logigun on Desura, Swapper, Rochard

The Tomb of the Sleeping Hitman Pack [Online Game Code]
by Square Enix
Platform: Windows Vista / 7 | DRM: Steam
Price: $94.97

This is probably the thing I hate the most about Amazon's gaming section. I never know when the deal goes live unless someone tells me, "Hey, that deal is up."

The Tomb of the Sleeping Hitman Pack [Online Game Code]
by Square Enix
Platform: Windows Vista / 7 | DRM: Steam
Price: $94.97

This is probably the thing I hate the most about Amazon's gaming section. I never know when the deal goes live unless someone tells me, "Hey, that deal is up."
It's listed in the OP.. goes live tomorrow.

Sure, I'm 'tarded. But do non-CAG certified consumers know when it goes live just by browsing Amazon?
They arent advertising that bundle yet. See it like this, if you receive Target or Best Buy weekly pamphlet or emails they often have timed deals that is only advertised on their site when they are live. Same principle here. We get to see what the deals will be early. Others will know about it when its live.

Alright, finally get to pick up Tomb Raider tomorrow. Trading the other two keys away since I already have them.

Picking up a 2013 AAA title for a little over $4 is ridiculous, I love PC gaming.

well gamefly has a good deal on bioshock inf. $10.87 which includes mafia 2. wondering if i should get that now or wait some more since i have mafia 2 already. wish amazon price matched gamefly but they rarely do.

well gamefly has a good deal on bioshock inf. $10.87 which includes mafia 2. wondering if i should get that now or wait some more since i have mafia 2 already. wish amazon price matched gamefly but they rarely do.
almost at my $5 price point for Bioshock Infinite.

They arent advertising that bundle yet. See it like this, if you receive Target or Best Buy weekly pamphlet or emails they often have timed deals that is only advertised on their site when they are live. Same principle here. We get to see what the deals will be early. Others will know about it when its live.
90% of the time Amazon sends me an email about a PCDD deal, it's at full price. I RARELY get emails showing any of the deals that pop up on this thread.

90% of the time Amazon sends me an email about a PCDD deal, it's at full price. I RARELY get emails showing any of the deals that pop up on this thread.
Yeah, emails I get from Amazon mentioning an item generally don't coincide with sales Amazon has on that item.

Amazon doesn't even bother sending me emails for games, I just get the same random "recommendations" for stuff that I almost certainly would never buy :oldman:
And heaven forbid you LOOK at something on the site, because you'll end up getting recommendations on that one item you happened to look at randomly for the rest of your life...

And heaven forbid you LOOK at something on the site, because you'll end up getting recommendations on that one item you happened to look at randomly for the rest of your life...
Half the time I don't even have to click on the item to get stuck in an endless loop of "where you looking at" emails, even an offhand search sometimes tips them off :hot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back