Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock infinite worth a playthrough? I've spoiled the ending for myself and I heard its more story driven than gameplay driven ?
Yes. Yes. YES.

Fantastic game, highly recommend it. I was so pleasantly surprised with it after pre-ordering it not fully knowing what to expect (Yeah, I'm a risk taker. :p )

Totally loved it.

Bioshock infinite worth a playthrough? I've spoiled the ending for myself and I heard its more story driven than gameplay driven ?
I would say no if you have already spoiled yourself. What really drives that game from mediocrity is the ending.

I would say no if you have already spoiled yourself. What really drives that game from mediocrity is the ending.
The story's definitely the strong point. But I also definitely enjoyed the game itself. I've always throroughly enjoyed the mechanics and art style in Bioshock, which helps my enjoyment. Basically, if you liked Bioshock 1/2 for gameplay, you'll enjoy Infinite, as well. It's definitely one of those games where once you play through the game once, subsequent playthroughs aren't nearly as enjoyable. The awe of seeing Colombia for the first time, the ending, etc, the strongest points of the game aren't nearly as powerful once you either play through the game or know of the plot, etc.

Thanks for speaking up for us, Tony. I was pretty pissed when I saw what was done, but I've been a moderator at a pretty popular forum for something like fourteen years and maybe my methods are just different... but a good rule of thumb is to be professionally courteous and so I don't speak my mind on moderators, ever. Anyway, Thank'ing your post.

Re:MetroLight bundle... not sure if I can justify dumping money on a bundle right this second but this is a bundle I'd actually be interested in playing. Someday. Eventually.

Looks like greenmangaming has the best preorder deal at 30% off batman origins, $35 when code is applied.  Any chance that Amazon will match it?

Gotham City is calling in the latest instalment of the Batman franchise, Batman Arkham Origins. Being a vigilante superhero is dangerous, so we thought we would give you something to stick on that utility belt of yours - a 30% off Reward voucher which ends Tuesday! So Hurry!

trans.gif

TAREM-LL4F4-NEKOG

trans.gif

This voucher will work on Batman Arkham Origins and the Batman Super Pack, which contains both Arkham City and Arkham Asylum GOTY editions as well as the Playable Deathstroke DLC. So, what are you waiting for? The bad guys aren’t going to defeat themselves!

trans.gif

trans.gif

No PM as GMG is a UK site. I do hope that big T has something special to make AMZ the best of the offers though.

Alright, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 is just around the corner. Can't wait to see what Amazon does for deals!

Every time there's a Bethesda sale going on out there (GMG's doing it), I keep thinking what Tony could do with that bundle - then I go to sleep - all sad...

But seriously, Tony I hope you're still (start?) pursuing getting them guys over here.

Any pirate day price matches from Steam?   Not even sure if Amazon carries Steam keys for all those games.

Didn't COH2 come out a decent amount of time ago? The deal doesn't seem that great
Came out June 25th this year, so it hasn't even been out for 3 months yet. It's on sale for the same price right now on Steam, so it's pretty par for what you should expect in a sale. In the grand scheme of things, though, unless you're really itching to play it you'd be really well off waiting til Black Friday/Christmas sales. Should probably get it for under 30 by then, I would think.

FYI Metro Franchise Pack is live:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FA6YFTQ

Cheers,

Tony

You are killin me tony. The franchise pack priced so close to the last light standalone game, but the standalone doesn't come with any of the dlc. Those of us with 2033 and want to catch up on all of last light are kind of in a bind and having to buy 2033 all over again... and since I would think most of us caggers have 2033 by now, I won't be the only one facing this problem.

You are killin me tony. The franchise pack priced so close to the last light standalone game, but the standalone doesn't come with any of the dlc. Those of us with 2033 and want to catch up on all of last light are kind of in a bind and having to buy 2033 all over again... and since I would think most of us caggers have 2033 by now, I won't be the only one facing this problem.
Buy 2033 all over again? The game has basically been free for the last year. It is ludicrous that you would even hesitate about this, lol.

Buying a game again is hard for me, it's something I obviously need to get used to as a cag but it's not easy.
Remember, the cool thing with Amazon, separate keys for games. Some how, some way, someone you know might actually not own Metro 2033 yet, and therefor you can gift it to them. Unlike Steam bundles where the game would have gone into oblivion.

Remember, the cool thing with Amazon, separate keys for games. Some how, some way, someone you know might actually not own Metro 2033 yet, and therefor you can gift it to them. Unlike Steam bundles where the game would have gone into oblivion.

Maybe I'm just using 2033 as an excuse to be hesitant over last light at 19.99 I still haven't come even close to finishing 2033 and so getting last light already feels early. But it is a good deal for a pretty new game

Would totally pick up Metro if I didn't have a million other games to play....someday. (and I haven't beat 2033 yet. Gotta do that first)

Maybe I'm just using 2033 as an excuse to be hesitant over last light at 19.99 I still haven't come even close to finishing 2033 and so getting last light already feels early. But it is a good deal for a pretty new game
Haha, it's a real good deal...I just bought Metro a couple months ago, haven't even started it yet, but when I first saw this my first instinct was to buy it. Then I was like, oh wait...should probably finish the first one first, right?

For the Bioshock packs, there is a good chance that GFWL is getting removed from Bioshock 2 very soon. There is a great deal of evidence that a Steamworks conversion patch is in the works, same goes for the Arkham series.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

All patches seem to be in a holding pattern currently, not sure of the reason, but they seem to be waiting for something.

An official announcement from Microsoft perhaps? Or a promotional tie in with a game or DLC release? Both series have upcoming releases in that respect.  I don't know, your guess is as good as mine here.

For the Bioshock packs, there is a good chance that GFWL is getting removed from Bioshock 2 very soon. There is a great deal of evidence that a Steamworks conversion patch is in the works, same goes for the Arkham series.

All patches seem to be in a holding pattern currently, not sure of the reason, but they seem to be waiting for something.

An official announcement from Microsoft perhaps? Or a promotional tie in with a game or DLC release? Both series have upcoming releases in that respect. I don't know, your guess is as good as mine here.
I wonder if they will give me a steam key for my physical disk of Bioshock 2?

An official announcement from Microsoft perhaps? Or a promotional tie in with a game or DLC release? Both series have upcoming releases in that respect. I don't know, your guess is as good as mine here.

Then I'll wait to play bs2 and arkham city

I wonder if they will give me a steam key for my physical disk of Bioshock 2?

No

Apparently, if you have a 15 character retail CD key, it should register on Steam. Source
Oooh, let me check my Retail CD key for Bioshock 2...

EDIT:

Nope - mine is 25 char's long. :(

Will have to wait for a 2K Games Humble Bundle w/ Bioshock 2 Steam version in it, I guess... ;)

Just a friendly warning for you EU cag's. Metro: Last Light is a US key and can't be activated in EU. This was a big suprise for me as I didn't even know Steam had any region restrictions. Also amazon declines refund requests for software.

Just a friendly warning for you EU cag's. Metro: Last Light is a US key and can't be activated in EU. This was a big suprise for me as I didn't even know Steam had any region restrictions. Also amazon declines refund requests for software purchased in violation of their ToS.
Fixed that for you.

Not the case with Metro: Last Light. Haven't had any problems with US steam keys before.
That's because they're likely WW keys, not US (NA) keys. Dead Island, for example, is another one that usually has region issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back