Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I just asked about this. I'm still confirming but my team that runs getting keys into the system said that Telltale didn't send over Steam keys for this one. I've requested that we ask for them ASAP. Will update when I know more.
You rock! You'd have a purchase from me if The Wolf Among Us Steam keys are added to the sale. Thanks for looking into it!

Another decent 2k deal, and the 2k credit once again doesn't work on it.
Yeah, at this rate, I expect to be forced to spend the whole $30 at MSRP. :GASP

Not sure why they always seem to nerf the credit when earlier, they famously let you get multiple copies of XCOM during the sale.

Somebody knows if this Bioshock Infinite key is region free code?

I have someone from US who is willing to buy me a key but we don't know if it will work in EU.

Majority of keys are worldwide but Metro LL was US only and Im cautious now.

Thanks in advance.

Somebody knows if this Bioshock Infinite key is region free code?

I have someone from US who is willing to buy me a key but we don't know if it will work in EU.

Majority of keys are worldwide but Metro LL was US only and Im cautious now.

Thanks in advance.
The key is region free, it is the world wide version.

I wonder why Amazon splits the Mac and PC download versions. And why the Mac version is still $39.99, when the PC version will still unlock the Mac version on Steam... 

I wonder why Amazon splits the Mac and PC download versions. And why the Mac version is still $39.99, when the PC version will still unlock the Mac version on Steam...
It's because Aspyr publishes 2k's games for mac. Different publishers, different prices.. but yeah it is weird that both are published differently yet activate on Steam.

To the dude who posted the Infinite keys... thats pretty badass. I already have the game and was definitely too late, but it's really cool of you to provide an opportunity for someone else to play a great game. May want to spoiler it in the future though as that may deter lurkers a bit.

To the dude who posted the Infinite keys... thats pretty badass. I already have the game and was definitely too late, but it's really cool of you to provide an opportunity for someone else to play a great game. May want to spoiler it in the future though as that may deter lurkers a bit.
LN's awesome and does crazy game-key drops like this quite often, actually. :D

Hey Tony, any chance we could get a deal on Lego Star Wars or Lego Indiana Jones games at some point?  The Harry Potter and Batman games always seem to go on sale, but never the Lucas ones.

Hey Tony, any chance we could get a deal on Lego Star Wars or Lego Indiana Jones games at some point? The Harry Potter and Batman games always seem to go on sale, but never the Lucas ones.
Looking through Amazon's catalog, the only Disney published Lego game available for PC download is Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. Lego Star Wars Saga, Clone Wars, and Indy 2 are only available for download on Mac. None of these titles activate on Steam.

Tony, speaking of Lego games, have you heard from WB when you'll open preorders for the PC download version of Lego Marvel Super Heroes? GreenManGaming has their preorder page online already. Still hoping for a package deal with Lego Marvel and Scribblenauts Unmasked!

Is the 2k coupon from when Bioshock Infinite launched working?
I don't see why it wouldn't. Although I no longer have any credit left to try it out. XD

Although I do have a Borderlands 1 code that I'm not sure if it actually works or not.. if someone can test it for me, I'd appreciate it. 53AGE-7G2AN-AILHR

I don't see why it wouldn't. Although I no longer have any credit left to try it out. XD

Although I do have a Borderlands 1 code that I'm not sure if it actually works or not.. if someone can test it for me, I'd appreciate it. 53AGE-7G2AN-AILHR
it works my bad thanks for it

Alright good, was worried for a second. I had Borderlands 1 GOTYE twice in my list with the same number, so I had to check to see if I had the real number elsewhere.

So that means this other number should work for sure, but not sure if anyone would be interested in it. It was originally meant for somebody that I used to know.

Alright good, was worried for a second. I had Borderlands 1 GOTYE twice in my list with the same number, so I had to check to see if I had the real number elsewhere.

So that means this other number should work for sure, but not sure if anyone would be interested in it. It was originally meant for somebody that I used to know.
Borderlands 1 was a fun game. A diamond in the rough so to speak.

Is there a coupon out there that works with the current Bioshock Infinite deal??

Doubt it. $9.99 is such a huge deal anyway, asking for it cheaper than it is currently is kind of selfish. (or.. well... cheap ass)

Doubt it. $9.99 is such a huge deal anyway, asking for it cheaper than it is currently is kind of selfish. (or.. well... cheap ass)
LOL well I am admittedly a little selfish and a major cheap ass so... just thought I'd ask before I actually bought it. Yeah it's a great deal. I just started playing Bioshock 2.

Am I understanding correctly that you still have an extra Borderlands 1 code? If so, I'd be interested in it!

Anyone know of potential deals to go along with BS:I for DLC?  I see the season pass is $20, that includes all the DLC?  Trying to not pay a full $30 for the complete game.  Just being a CAG :)

Anyone know of potential deals to go along with BS:I for DLC? I see the season pass is $20, that includes all the DLC? Trying to not pay a full $30 for the complete game. Just being a CAG :)
More info here:

http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/season-pass

We don't know if that'll be ALL of the BS:I DLC, but here's what the Season Pass contains...

Bioshock: Infinite - Season Pass contains the following:

The Three Main DLC's:

Clash in the Clouds

Burial At Sea - Episode 1

Burial At Sea - Episode 2

Early Bird Special Pack:

Machine Gun Damage Upgrade

Pistol Damage Upgrade

Gold Skin for both weapons

5 infusion bottles to upgrade abilities

I don't remember where I got this key, probably from one of the humble bundles, but here's Dead Island + Saints Row The Third:
L2HMW-QQZC2-B9FX9

And a few other games.

Stellar Impact 3VDPF-CVJQM-PEGMV

Claimed:
The Bard's Tale KBW4H-NCZ2X-ZFP67
sword of the stars2: 0HZ8A-ZI8WD-84X43

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP RFG2D-YNYFB-HQCAF

Super Sanctum TD 60X8M-AXN8T-5KPXF
Swords & Soldiers JGX0Z-VH880-M6BTB
Two Worlds II - 9ADT9-PG0YH-N6JWB
Two Worlds II - Pirates DLC: 96ET5-4342R-RDNAG
The Basement Collection CGCLP-T7XPR-FJWVT