Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Upcoming deals, who's jazzed?

10/24-10/30:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition: $14.99 add-on content (Reverie and Resurrection) included with the full game.

Max Payne Complete Bundle (Link still being built): $14.99 contains:

Max Payne

Max Payne 2

Max Payne 3

Max Payne 3 Season Pass

Max Payne 3 + Season Pass: $9.99

Max Payne 3 Season Pass: $7.49

Max Payne 2: $2.49

Max Payne: $2.49

Max Payne 3 Painful Memories Pack: $2.49

Max Payne 3 Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack: $2.49

Max Payne 3 Hostage Negotiation Pack: $2.49

Max Payne 3 Local Justice Pack: $1.99

10/24-10/31

The Walking Dead: $6.25

The Walking Dead 400 Days: $1.25

The Walking Dead + 400 Days: $7.49

The Cave: $3.69

Condemned Criminal Origins: $3.69

We'll also have a ton of Sims stuff on sale for 60-70% off.

10/30-11/1:

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines $4.99

Cheers,

Tony

10/24-10/30:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition: $14.99 add-on content (Reverie and Resurrection) included with the full game.

Max Payne

Max Payne 2

Max Payne 3

Max Payne 3 Season Pass

10/24-10/31

10/30-11/1:

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks, Tony. :D

Looks like I'll be in for TWD: 400 Days.

Also - anybody missing Vampire: Bloodlines who loves RPG's; vampires; and wants great writing and dialogue - make sure you get it.

It's in my Top 10 Games Of ALL Time.

Also, in regards to Vampire: Bloodlines - it's a bit of a pain to get running on modern OS's, especially on Steam-version, so check THIS thread on Steam Power-User Forums on how to mod it properly.

Nice deals.  Might fill out some of the Sims DLC that I still need, depending on what's on sale.

Now, the more important question is: Where's Amazon's listing of TK's Bloody Harvest!?  :razz: 

Borderlands 2's first Headhunter pack DLC that came out today: TK Baha's Bloody Harvest.

Have you abandoned Pandora, Tony? ;)
Apparently so, I didn't realize that was happening today :(.

Also,

This Sims 3 stuff will be 30% off:

The Sims 3 Movie Stuff (Mac) [Online Game Code]

The Sims 3 Movie Stuff [Online Game Code]

This will be 40% off:

The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition [Online Game Code]

The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition (Mac) [Online Game Code]

The Sims 3 Starter Pack [Online Game Code]

This will be 60% off:

The Sims 3 Deluxe [Download]

The Sims 3 Deluxe [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download]

The Sims 3 Ambitions [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3 Late Night - Expansion Pack [Download]

The Sims 3 Late Night [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code]

The Sims 3 Seasons [Mac Download]

The Sims 3: University Life [Download]

The Sims 3: University Life (Mac) [Download]

The Sims 3 University Life [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3: World Adventures - Expansion Pack [Download]

The Sims 3 World Adventure Pack [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3: Late Night - Expansion Pack [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 70s, 80s, and 90s Stuff [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff [Download]

The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff (Mac) [Download]

The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff [Download]

The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff Pack [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3 Dragon Valley [Online Game Code]

The Sims 3 Dragon Valley (Mac) [Online Game Code]

The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff - Expansion [Download]

The Sims 3 Generations [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3: Generations [Download]

The Sims 3: Generations [Mac Download]

The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff [Download]

The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff [PC Instant Access]

Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff Pack [Download]

Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff Pack [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 Monte Vista [Download]

The Sims 3 Monte Vista (Mac) [Download]

The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff - Expansion [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff - Expansion [Download]

The Sims 3 Pets [Download]

The Sims 3 Pets Expansion [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 Pets [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3 Showtime [PC Instant Access]

Sims 3 Showtime [Download]

Sims 3 Showtime [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 Supernatural [Download]

The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 Supernatural [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff [PC Instant Access]

The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff [Download]

The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 Worlds Bundle [Online Game Code]

The Sims 3 Worlds Bundle (Mac) [Online Game Code]

The Sims Medieval [Download]

The Sims Medieval [Mac Download]

The Sims Medieval [PC Instant Access]

The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles Expansion [Download]

The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles [Mac Download]

The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles [PC Instant Access]

And this will be 70% off:

The Sims 3 Seasons [PC Instant Access]

Cheers,
Tony

Good thing about the EA Linking. Also better have two choices than one.

TWD 400 DLCs, another excuse to play TWD again and now with the DLC :)

Would be jazzed about MP3 if I didn't have it already.

Thanks for the Sims list, Tony.  I'll definitely be picking up Dragon Valley and University Life.  I think those are the only two I have left outstanding other than the new Future expansion.

You all: make sure you don't miss Bloodlines, if you haven't got a physical copy already.

SIMS-Stuff: tempting...

Castlevania any good for an slow old man? :joystick:

10/24-10/30:

Max Payne

Max Payne 2

Max Payne 3

Max Payne 3 Season Pass

10/24-10/31

10/30-11/1:

Cheers,

Tony
why tony why nothing good for me why tony u nevere answer question bout space marine dlc bundle i nthe future?

why tony why nothing good for me why tony u nevere answer question bout space marine dlc bundle i nthe future?

He probably can't understand your gibberish.
Oooh, I'm fluent in Tebonics!

Translation:

"Why, Tony?

Why nothing good on sale for Tebow?

Why, Tony?

Why do you never answer my questions about a future Space Marine DLC Bundle?"

Everyone buying 400 Days... be sure and set aside 5 minutes or so to complete! 

Seriously though, despite being rather short it did a decent job of getting me interested in one or two of the new characters. Some very interesting decisions to be made as well! 

Everyone buying 400 Days... be sure and set aside 5 minutes or so to complete!

Seriously though, despite being rather short it did a decent job of getting me interested in one or two of the new characters. Some very interesting decisions to be made as well!
I thought it was about 40 minutes total for all stories?

So is there going to be a deal on just mp3 base game without the season pass? Or am I blind?
Doesn't look like it. This is how these MP3 deals usually go, they want you to buy the season pass with it at a higher price. I've heard the multiplayer is dead though, so it makes buying the season pass pointless..

Those deals are okay.  Max Payne 1 and 2 have routinely been $2.50 each on Steam and $10 for Max Payne 3 (plus luzly multiplayer season pass) is only slightly better than base Max Payne 3 for $10 that Amazon has offered before.  Fairly standard pricing on the other stuff.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines -- just pull the trigger at $5.  It's published by Activision and they rarely do extreme sales.

I guess Tony's out in full force this week. I can see when I'm not needed. :p

Good, because I'm going to be busy with finishing up GTAV, and making some progress on Pokemon X. And then Batman Arkham Origins comes out later this week. WHY TOO MANY GAMES?!? 

I have Vampire from about 2 years (it's been on sale on Steam a couple times or more at $5). I'm surprised how I still have it unplayed sitting there.

MP3 is an awesome game. Really. On pair with MP1 & 2 imo

I have Vampire from about 2 years (it's been on sale on Steam a couple times or more at $5). I'm surprised how I still have it unplayed sitting there.

MP3 is an awesome game. Really. On pair with MP1 & 2 imo
Vampire: Bloodlines:

I highly advise anybody who liked the original Deus Ex's style of gameplay to play this. After Deus Ex: Invisible War disappointed (namely b/c of its horrid unified ammo; consolization; over-streaming; & poor performance on PC's back then - even despite that, I still liked it; just didn't love it), Bloodlines seemed to play more like what I would've wanted out of a Deus Ex 2 back then: explore hubs and areas before you unlock the next; plenty of choices & decisions to make; great story, dialogue, writing, and voice-acting; superb graphics (for its time); and one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard (both licensed music and original score from Womb Music); and of course vampires! I'd also like to say one of my favorite levels of all time is in there (Ocean Front Hotel) and one of my favorite quest-lines/stories/plot-twists of all time (that quest-line where you work for The Two Twins, Jeanette and Therese, at The Asylum nightclub).

While Bloodlines combat is fine on the melee side of things, its shooting (like Deus Ex 1) is a little clunky. And, this has nothing to do w/ the controls. It's namely b/c it feels like it uses dice-rolls & is based on your skills - you really do need to sink points into your Firearms skills to shoot better (do more damage & be more accurate); or else you should stay away from using guns.

Max Payne 3:

Agreed. It was awesome. Way better than I expected. Granted, I did expect it to be at least good b/c it's from that company known as Rockstar - but given the changes some of the scenery (but not always), I didn't expect it to be great. And low and behold, it turned out awesome. No wonder if took forever for them to deliver this (i.e. over 7 years) - it turned out fabulous. I should've known off the bat that it was going to be great, once Remedy said what Rockstar did was brilliant.

Is Vampire ever going to be below 5 bucks? It's been out for like, 9 years now. I'll probs still buy it though. Maybe.
Bloodlines is at least 25 hours per play-through.

There's also SEVEN different endings.
And anybody playing, don't even try-out a Malkavian character until at least your 2nd play-through - or else you might not truly understand what the hell's going on. Hell, you might even want to wait 'til you've been through the game a few times, when you actually might know the actual story, decisions, and quests by then. Malkavian characters are literally insane & psychotic - and they namely dedicated this character-class to having its own weird, unique, and insane style of actual writing, dialogue, interactions, and everything - to reflect how an insane & psychotic character might act & talk.

Hell, Malkavians even can interact w/ things other classes can't.

Example: A Malkavian can even have a dialogue-tree w/ a damn Stop Sign!

Re:

Vampire Bloodlines -- just pull the trigger at $5.

It's published by Activision and they rarely do extreme sales.
THIS.

Plus, Bloodlines has tons of replay value and I think it's one of the best games ever made.

It's in my Top 10 Games of All Time.

Eh, the concept is among the best but the execution is hit and miss given the publisher rushing it out.  There are more than a few horrible areas towards the mid/end of the game notably the Sewers/Warren and some spots in Chinatown.  A lot of tedious combat sections that are far too long.  Still a good game.  Flawed gem.

Eh, the concept is among the best but the execution is hit and miss given the publisher rushing it out. There are more than a few horrible areas towards the mid/end of the game notably the Sewers/Warren and some spots in Chinatown. A lot of tedious combat sections that are far too long. Still a good game. Flawed gem.
I never had many complaints w/ those heavily combat-based sections of the game. That's probably b/c I kept pumping points into those skills. And even by the end of the game, gamers should hopefully have at least a fair amount pumped into those combat-based skills - b/c it kind of forces more combat and action down our throats in the last 1/3rd of the actual game. And since I just opened my big-mouth about that - gamers, take note. Talking won't always get you out of a situation - especially in the last 1/3rd of the game.

Sure, the game was buggy as hell upon release - but Official Patch 1.2 fixed most of the killer stability & bug issues; and either of the two unofficial patches (Wesp or Tessmage) should stomp any other lingering issues out plus actually get the game working w/ modern OS's (i.e. Win 7 or anything w/ more GB of RAM).

So can anyone give me an honest opinion of how the first two Mac Paynes hols up? I've been interested in them for awhile, but watched a video of the first and it looks really rough even for when it was released. I'm tempted by the whole bundle, but if I've waited to long to play them I might just wait for 3 to be cheaper on its own.

So can anyone give me an honest opinion of how the first two Mac Paynes hols up? I've been interested in them for awhile, but watched a video of the first and it looks really rough even for when it was released. I'm tempted by the whole bundle, but if I've waited to long to play them I might just wait for 3 to be cheaper on its own.
Geez, I ain't played the Max Payne 1 and 2 games in years. Can't speak on how they hold up nowadays, on modern systems.

But, I'll give you my thoughts, for when they 1st came out: they were top-of-the-shelf third-person shooters, back when they came out.

When they came out, they were leagues ahead of most other third-person shooters in terms of action and especially plot & story-telling. Also, most games lifted the slo-mo thing from this game - of course, Max lifted it from The Matrix movies, more or less. More so w/ Max Payne 2 on the great story and story-telling than Max 1, IMHO. While Max 1's plot was great, Max 1 was not written that great - b/c it was done purposely very "hammy" and poorly-written to critique the entire action-genre. Even though Max 2 is still a bit over-the-top and "hammy" - Max 2 did a much better job on the writing, dialogue & can be taken much more seriously, if you ask me.

I do know they can be a pain-in-the-ass to get going properly on modern-PC's; namely, there's sound-issues. So, check the Steam Power-User Forums. Namely, check the stickied-threads at the top. Especially this one on Sound-issues.

Also, you might want to check the modern Steam forums for both Max 1 and Max 2, in case you've got problems - maybe there's more updates & info there on issues/solutions.

EDIT:

Max Payne 3 PC's great. Just, you have been warned: the Max Payne 3 folder (base-game only) takes up around 29.1 GB worth of hard drive space! Though, the game's packed w/ loads of details and is gorgeous - one of the better looking PC games out there, technically.

I never had many complaints w/ those heavily combat-based sections of the game. That's probably b/c I kept pumping points into those skills. And even by the end of the game, gamers should hopefully have at least a fair amount pumped into those combat-based skills - b/c it kind of forces more combat and action down our throats in the last 1/3rd of the actual game. And since I just opened my big-mouth about that - gamers, take note. Talking won't always get you out of a situation - especially in the last 1/3rd of the game.

Sure, the game was buggy as hell upon release - but Official Patch 1.2 fixed most of the killer stability & bug issues; and either of the two unofficial patches (Wesp or Tessmage) should stomp any other lingering issues out plus actually get the game working w/ modern OS's (i.e. Win 7 or anything w/ more GB of RAM).
Agree with Mooby here, actually. It's a great game, but I couldn't finish it because toward the end of the game (after you meet the Chinese vampires), it was just a ton of fighting and started feeling directionless. I had the exact same problem with KOTOR II.

(Ocean Front Hotel) and one of my favorite quest-lines/stories/plot-twists of all time (that quest-line where you work for The Two Twins, Jeanette and Therese, at The Asylum nightclub).
I completely agree with this, though. I've said it before, but if you play this at night, it will scare the crap out of you--not in a cheap way (mostly), just because it's incredibly atmospheric.

I will also say that this game gets bonus points for its really excellent implementation of the VTM (as they were constituted then) clans.

Graphic fidelity is something 1 and 2 always lacked, but try not to think of it in those terms. Think of it as an art style choice and playing inside a comic book graphic novel. While they are a bit dated, I think every fan should play them. I vastly prefer the cut scene story telling style in 1 and 2 over that of 3.

Agree with Mooby here, actually. It's a great game, but I couldn't finish it because toward the end of the game (after you meet the Chinese vampires), it was just a ton of fighting and started feeling directionless. I had the exact same problem with KOTOR II.
I think the reason gamers complaint about the last 1/3rd of games like Bioshock 1 and Bloodlines is b/c your approach of how to play the game might actually drastically change - even more true on Bloodlines (b/c it's more of an RPG), if you didn't focus on combat. Namely, those two games in particular get less-focused on story and go more so into the actual action-territory in the last 1/3rd.

Without hitting spoiler-turf here, I didn't mind the switch to action in both Bioshock 1 and Bloodlines as much as many others felt in the last 1/3rd of the game. There were an important key-event in both games that absolutely enraged me...and literally made me want to go on a revenge-filled path of action-galore. Only problem is - in Bloodlines, depending on how you play the game and who you interact with, this event might not even happen; for me, this event did happen in Bloodlines in my 1st play-through.

Another game that switches its last 1/3rd is Indigo Prophecy (AKA Fahrenheit when uncut) - which I think really messed-up its last 1/3rd of its game, more so than the other 2 games. Its story went from plausible to insanely ridiculous; and it got way too QTE-heavy in the last 1/3rd. I can deal w/ action-heavy portion, but not overly QTE-heavy portions like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back