Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tony, I was wondering if there was a way you could get most of, if not all of the older Marvel Activision games in a bundle for a fair price. I was looking at games like The Incredible Hulk, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (maybe Spider-Man Web of Shadows or Shattered Dimensions) etc. I noticed most of them aren't available digitally but I was hoping you could work your magic.

Obviously, I'm not looking for Steam keys but anything would be a plus at this point. I'd pay $10 for just those three in a bundle

ONE of these codes for Cipher Prime's new game Intake will work... I already redeemed one, but I cannot remember which one, sorry!! 

Intake I078Q-5207M-ZKKL7
Intake HJ8IR-TRH4J-WP4C6

ONE of these codes for Cipher Prime's new game Intake will work... I already redeemed one, but I cannot remember which one, sorry!!

Intake I078Q-5207M-ZKKL7
Intake HJ8IR-TRH4J-WP4C6
Tried both, both are already used. TY anyway.

Well, that was more fun than I expected.

How about these pairs?

Lucius FXAN6-I8A4P-JQ9LZ
Lucius 0T54F-7MRR5-7X52P

Organ Trail R99XD-86Y3V-AEM4L
Organ Trail W532F-NNDT2-33FXX

Rig 'n' Roll E5HJI-K9Y7W-VZFIQ
Rig 'n' Roll H53M4-9BQQ6-ATWZW

The 39 Steps 0XKFB-QKCB4-WT5WA
The 39 Steps 28FN6-XM5LK-2QD6T

Trainz Simulator 12: M6TWF-JQ8GK-97HCY
Trainz Simulator 12: 5G0EE-Y4WV3-FIMPP 

Managed to snag the top Organ Trail code for my friend who isn't a cag :nottalking:

...In return for the cards, once he's unlocked them :twisted:

Thanks Santa Cube!

Well, that was more fun than I expected.

How about these pairs?

Lucius FXAN6-I8A4P-JQ9LZ
Lucius 0T54F-7MRR5-7X52P

Organ Trail R99XD-86Y3V-AEM4L
Organ Trail W532F-NNDT2-33FXX

Rig 'n' Roll E5HJI-K9Y7W-VZFIQ
Rig 'n' Roll H53M4-9BQQ6-ATWZW

The 39 Steps 0XKFB-QKCB4-WT5WA
The 39 Steps 28FN6-XM5LK-2QD6T

Trainz Simulator 12: M6TWF-JQ8GK-97HCY
Trainz Simulator 12: 5G0EE-Y4WV3-FIMPP
Awesome @ code-dropping.

But, I missed 'em!

Oh well. Looking forward to next LN drop.

Not as epic as LN's drops --but enjoy!

Critical Mass:: FD0EY-0QDA9-Z0VJZ

Bunch of Heroes :: FCG3T-BFKBK-M57DA

Hacker Evolution :: 6LJ5R-E22HJ-YHWM6

Postal :: 4ZP7B-KYXXD-Z8X0C

Not as epic as LN's drops --but enjoy!

Critical Mass:: FD0EY-0QDA9-Z0VJZ

Bunch of Heroes :: FCG3T-BFKBK-M57DA

Hacker Evolution :: 6LJ5R-E22HJ-YHWM6

Postal :: 4ZP7B-KYXXD-Z8X0C
thanks, mate, but, uh, seems lurkers got em all.

Two codes for AI War: Fleet Command. One is a Steam key, and one is a desura key, but I'm not sure which one is which. (I need to be more careful with my notes...

A4WX3-FDZLM-5WIZP

ST37B-EWGGE-PX98P-A1YJA-D9APX

Deponia https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=7snnrmNDkNBfCxdY
A New Beginning - Final Cut https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=tGU2VZr4MvrFuVSU
Edna & Harney: Harvey's New Eyes https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=UHUPsNhXfAYzYnbE
Whispered World https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=xv2zHcVMAH86wwpD
(and another Steam key for Whispered World: 4ZPLH-5AT87-IANVA )

Two codes for AI War: Fleet Command. One is a Steam key, and one is a desura key, but I'm not sure which one is which. (I need to be more careful with my notes...

A4WX3-FDZLM-5WIZP

A New Beginning - Final Cut https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=tGU2VZr4MvrFuVSU
Edna & Harney: Harvey's New Eyes https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=UHUPsNhXfAYzYnbE
(and another Steam key for Whispered World: 4ZPLH-5AT87-IANVA )
Awesome key-drop!

I grabbed DEPONIA. :D

Redeemed the ai war code, was the shorter code of the two. ty.

crayon physics- RK62L-NCPKW-482N2

super brothers s&s- 9HBLM-04MQA-2NCP6

basement colleciton- DD3PI-RJ3YX-W9DYX

frozen synapse- BDBD-1FA1-8FED-06CB

A4WX3-FDZLM-5WIZP

(and another Steam key for Whispered World: 4ZPLH-5AT87-IANVA )

It is not my intention to ruin everyone's party but...why dont you make your giveaways and gifts in another Topic?, It's great but some of the questions to Tony or in general are overlooked because of this. :whistle2:o  

It is not my intention to ruin everyone's party but...why dont you make your giveaways and gifts in another Topic?, It's great but some of the questions to Tony or in general are overlooked because of this. :whistle2:o
If you think lurkers are bad here, dedicated giveaway threads are a billion times worse :bomb:

I agree that some questions get missed, but generally Tony is pretty good about getting everything eventually, and has said he likes code drops and the like.

If you think lurkers are bad here, dedicated giveaway threads are a billion times worse :bomb:
Thanks to the recent drops, I think this thread's gotten pretty infested by those damn Vashta Nerada, devouring every code and gift link in their paths. The only reliable way to stop it seems to be by asking for a comment + pm for every drop, as I've only ever seen contributing members post for them.

Thing is Tony said he encourages it and even does drops himself so you have to take it up with him.

And I don't think Tony overlooks anything here. He generally does a great job keeping up with the thread but honestly, there's only so many times you can answer "Tony, Game X went on sale over on Steam/GG/GMG/fill in the blank....how about a price match?" or "Tony, a game just got released last week, will Amazon have it on sale this weekend?".

I think he answers as much as he can and gets to the important questions.

G_freemanX said:
Whatever
rolls-eyes.jpg

Hammerfight: AHW9Y-ATHQ0-LCGWT

I like doing code drops here, because it's a pretty consistent group of people here, and our own little CAAG community (cheap-ass amazon gamers), and (mostly) everyone is awesome and friendly. So why not share the love when we have extra games to give away? I try to space them out enough to not totally overwhelm things. And it helps fill in some of the empty space between deals, and "Tony sightings"

Even the lurkers are part of the community. Perhaps we can encourage them to join the community and "unlurk"

Ticket to Ride Europe: XLQRR-L9ML3-6VNXG
Tidalis VBRGK-896NB-FM9RG
Tiny & Big 85QZH-Z64RF-LZVNR
Titan Quest Gold WRZVE-279YL-VKCDJ
Toki Tori 1: 2YJKE-86ZHY-WZ9EG
Tower Wars XLVDL-QPH5N-AVCL6
Toy Soldiers 7H0LN-IKMK8-DLPM0
Trainz Simulator: Murchison 2 B8DQE-BW2ZQ-5VCF9 
Tropico 3 Steam 7NQWE-XY4M0-MWYMB
Zombie Shooter 7ELG3-HVRVI-W5XNR

Thanks to the recent drops, I think this thread's gotten pretty infested by those damn Vashta Nerada, devouring every code and gift link in their paths. The only reliable way to stop it seems to be by asking for a comment + pm for every drop, as I've only ever seen contributing members post for them.
Yep. Pretty much...

This means we need more Amazon deals posts to scare the lurkers :)

I like doing code drops here, because it's a pretty consistent group of people here, and our own little CAAG community (cheap-ass amazon gamers), and (mostly) everyone is awesome and friendly. So why not share the love when we have extra games to give away? I try to space them out enough to not totally overwhelm things. And it helps fill in some of the empty space between deals, and "Tony sightings"

Even the lurkers are part of the community. Perhaps we can encourage them to join the community and "unlurk"

Well, I only wanted Titan Quest Gold, and it's gone in less than 1 minute :D Damm those ninjas.

Good drops LN3000!

Trainz Simulator: Murchison 2
Thanks for Trainz! My friend's gonna enjoy that more than I though XD

Looks like someone got TTR: Europe.

Wasn't me.

Nice code-drops, BTW!

Got Tropico 3. Thanks mate!

It must be super key drop Sunday! Nice drops LN3000. :applause:

I haven't checked any of those, but I assume they're already consumed by now.

Hey Tony, I wanted to personally thank you for making this B2G1 possible on launch PS4 games. I know you'll take the humble "it wasn't me" route, but we all know the influential powers you have at Amazon. ;)

Edit: ...and yes I know this thread is for PCDD.

Hey Tony, I wanted to personally thank you for making this B2G1 possible on launch PS4 games. I know you'll take the humble "it wasn't me" route, but we all know the influential powers you have at Amazon. ;)

Edit: ...and yes I know this thread is for PCDD.
That would be a good deal, if I were going to be buying any physical games.

I'm not going to get a PS4 for some time, (at least, I hope not. Probably wait for a price drop, or when the mega awesome exclusive games get to be too much to resist for me), but I'll be going digital-only besides the rare exceptions. (Got a PS3 last year, and only bought 2 physical games. Rest are all digital.)

So if the B2G1 deal worked for digital games, I'd probably bite for a few games. *sigh* too many games.

That would be a good deal, if I were going to be buying any physical games.

I'm not going to get a PS4 for some time, (at least, I hope not. Probably wait for a price drop, or when the mega awesome exclusive games get to be too much to resist for me), but I'll be going digital-only besides the rare exceptions. (Got a PS3 last year, and only bought 2 physical games. Rest are all digital.)

So if the B2G1 deal worked for digital games, I'd probably bite for a few games. *sigh* too many games.
agree pc yo it be great for pc gamers cough me mysterdd mutant ninjja squirrell

4 members, 6 guests, 2 anonymous users

You guys ever notice how many "guests" chill in this thread?

Update - 9:35 (Eastern US)

3 members, 10 guests, 3 anonymous users

4 members, 6 guests, 2 anonymous users

You guys ever notice how many "guests" chill in this thread?

Update - 9:35 (Eastern US)

3 members, 10 guests, 3 anonymous users
I've heard there are bots who catch CDKEYs, so... there's a possibility.

There are forums where you add stuff under spoiler tags, only registered users with a certain "level" or number of posts can see it.

okay mysterd zombies eat the guest up for dinner or get thm to join site two cchoice guest u join sign up or u eaten by mysterd zombiee army ha

update
17 user(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 9 guests, 1 anonymous users
no code for you lurkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back