Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you seem to be grabbing every other non-lurked key - don't you ever buy any games? What have you been doing the past three years if not bundle-hoarding?
Asking Capcom if they plan to patch GFWL out of Lost Planet so he can finally play his retail copy, which he ain't touched yet.

I don't buy every HB, Groupees, IndieGala, etc, and every single thing/bundle that just comes along. I've always often been very selective about what I'm dropping $ on.
I wish I had your restraint. :p

BTW, here's a key for "Survivor Squad". It's actually a pretty good game, so whomever gets it, I hope they enjoy it. 8F33D-KILIA-93B3M

I need to start posting more often without having keys attached. :p

Hey guys!

We just launched something cool :).

See below, ask questions, I'll answer.

Amazon.com and PlayStation are excited to announce that you can now visit Amazon.com to purchase your favorite PlayStation Network Content like Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and more.  Amazon.com and Sony are teaming up to offer over 100 PlayStation 3 games, PlayStation 4 games, and downloadable content (DLC) for purchase on Amazon.com.  In addition to already released titles, you’ll also be able to purchase the newest games and DLC the first day they are available for purchase using your Amazon payment credentials or Amazon Gift Cards. To browse this new selection, visit The PSN Store on Amazon.com you can also visit www.amazon.com/psnstore .

We’re not the only ones excited, here’s what Eric Monacelli, Marketing Manager at Naughty Dog had to say:

I buy everything on Amazon... holiday gifts, birthday presents, books, clothes, tech, even toothpaste and often deodorant. So when I learned Jak, Daxter, Drake, Joel, and Ellie --- all our incredible characters and their stories via our games and DLC would be available as PlayStation Store digital downloads on Amazon it just felt right.

You have to respect and think that any company with their own Easter egg is a perfect fit for all things Naughty Dog and PlayStation. If you're not aware of what that means just visit www.relentless.com. You'll love what you find.

So, as a consumer and fan of video games being accessible in as many ways as possible...Thank you Sony PlayStation and Thank you Amazon. The next generation is going to be relentless and awesome.

In celebration of the launch, we’re pleased to offer a $5 credit good towards more PSN digital content sold on Amazon.com to anyone who purchases the digital version of games like The Last of Us, Batman Arkham Origins, Madden NFL 25 and more. Just hop on over to this page, purchase the game of your choice, and your credit will be automatically applied to your account. We’re excited to offer you a new place to discover and purchase PlayStation Network Content, and we welcome any feedback you have.

Cheers,
Tony

I wish I had your restraint. :p

BTW, here's a key for "Survivor Squad". It's actually a pretty good game, so whomever gets it, I hope they enjoy it. 8F33D-KILIA-93B3M

I need to start posting more often without having keys attached. :p
I gotz it...thanks a billion!

And I agree with mitigating your key/post ratio. You're a CAG, not the Key Fairy. Not that I mind the key dropplings.

Hey guys!

Amazon.com and PlayStation are excited to announce that you can now visit Amazon.com to purchase your favorite PlayStation Network Content like Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and more. Amazon.com and Sony are teaming up to offer over 100 PlayStation 3 games, PlayStation 4 games, and downloadable content (DLC) for purchase on Amazon.com. In addition to already released titles, you’ll also be able to purchase the newest games and DLC the first day they are available for purchase using your Amazon payment credentials or Amazon Gift Cards. To browse this new selection, visit The PSN Store on Amazon.com you can also visit www.amazon.com/psnstore .

We’re not the only ones excited, here’s what Eric Monacelli, Marketing Manager at Naughty Dog had to say:

I buy everything on Amazon... holiday gifts, birthday presents, books, clothes, tech, even toothpaste and often deodorant. So when I learned Jak, Daxter, Drake, Joel, and Ellie --- all our incredible characters and their stories via our games and DLC would be available as PlayStation Store digital downloads on Amazon it just felt right.

You have to respect and think that any company with their own Easter egg is a perfect fit for all things Naughty Dog and PlayStation. If you're not aware of what that means just visit www.relentless.com. You'll love what you find.

So, as a consumer and fan of video games being accessible in as many ways as possible...Thank you Sony PlayStation and Thank you Amazon. The next generation is going to be relentless and awesome.

In celebration of the launch, we’re pleased to offer a $5 credit good towards more PSN digital content sold on Amazon.com to anyone who purchases the digital version of games like The Last of Us, Batman Arkham Origins, Madden NFL 25 and more. Just hop on over to this page, purchase the game of your choice, and your credit will be automatically applied to your account. We’re excited to offer you a new place to discover and purchase PlayStation Network Content, and we welcome any feedback you have.

Cheers,
Tony

:whee: I can't believe that you got a Naughty Dog dev to do an infomercial!! But wait -- there's more!

:applause:

Hey guys!

Amazon.com and PlayStation are excited to announce that you can now visit Amazon.com to purchase your favorite PlayStation Network Content like Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and more. Amazon.com and Sony are teaming up to offer over 100 PlayStation 3 games, PlayStation 4 games, and downloadable content (DLC) for purchase on Amazon.com. In addition to already released titles, you’ll also be able to purchase the newest games and DLC the first day they are available for purchase using your Amazon payment credentials or Amazon Gift Cards. To browse this new selection, visit The PSN Store on Amazon.com you can also visit www.amazon.com/psnstore .

Cheers,
Tony
That is simply fantastic news Tony! I'm excited for this. I'll definitely be making use of this new feature and so will my rainy day Amazon credit.

I did buy a physical copy of The Last of Us from Amazon this past Summer, but obviously this promotion is for new digital codes only. Would a promotion like this become available for future physical copies? I would tend to think probably not since even console gaming is pushing more towards going digital distribution, which isn't really an obstacle for those of us very familiar with Steam/Origin/Uplay on the PC.

Will the Amazon PlayStation Network store have fixed pricing set by the developers and Sony or is there some flexibility for deals if allowed? Will there be sales like we see with Amazon PCDD games?

Thanks Tony!

I'm very excited to be able to buy PSN stuff through Amazon; that way I won't have to have a credit card tied to my systems. Will Amazon do it's own deals or will it just be the exact same as on PSN?

Hey guys!

<snip>
Awesome, I've been looking forward to this.

None of the deals listed are particularly appealing to me since I'm a CAG, but I'm really hoping you guys expand the selection considerably. There are tons of older PSP, PS2, and PS3 games I'd love to pick up digitally for a good price that never go on sale. Smaller indie games for Vita as well. I'm hoping you'll be able to do something about that. I can list examples if you're curious.

What are your expectations at this point for selection expansion and the sales that you'll be getting?

Amazon.com and PlayStation are excited to announce that you can now visit Amazon.com to purchase your favorite PlayStation Network Content
Would this new store fall under your umbrella of influence? Do PCDD credits also apply to PSN downloads now?

Does today's B2G1 for PSN deal apply to the download store too?

Will we be seeing crazy Amazon deals for PSN games?!

This is great, by the way. Sony's PS web-store SUCKS.

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony
no psp oh well not effecting me blah!

Amazon selling PSN codes isn't really "new".. they did it 1-2 years ago (including games/dlc). I'm not sure if they sold any big titles back then though, so it's probably on a wider scale this time. I think they were forced by Sony to unlist all of the PSN stuff.

I'm very excited to be able to buy PSN stuff through Amazon; that way I won't have to have a credit card tied to my systems. Will Amazon do it's own deals or will it just be the exact same as on PSN?
Good question. My understanding is that we should be the same price as PSN, both during and off of promotions:).

Cheers,

Tony

How will you compete with PS+? ;)

Probably not at all. I can't see PSN letting another retailer steal the appeal of PSN. With the PS4 coming out, there's also a rumor that PS+ will stop having greater sales too, which would definitely suck since PS+ pricing is the only time I buy anything.

Was going to ask if there's any chance of PMing Steam's 5 dollar Defiance deal going on, but Tony and his staff are already steps ahead of me :D  Thanks!

10 dollars was too much for a game I only want to play on slow days, but 5 is the perfect price.

I could of sworn i had a post thanking tony for putting up the PSN store. I don't know if i started the fire, but i am glad you kept it burning tony. I couldn't of been the only one that wanted console digital content back. I mean sweet holy brownie bites theres freaking $10 currency,

Still sucks that at this moment i got zero funds to buy those digital treasure bits, but you did a solid job AND I DONT HAVE TO GO TO GAMESTOP. ADVERTISE THIS SHIT PEOPLE!

Again tony, if ever we meet. There is a order of steak nachos that are on me.

Guys, please tell me that I didn't just travel back in time! Front page is showing stuff from 2004!
it is for me too.
PS, is Microsoft still around? What about Steam / Valve? Are they still making Call of Duty games? Has Activision or Blizzard had a sale yet? Did EA get bought out by Valve?
Thanks, future man. ;)

Hey CAGs,
Deal of the Week:

11/7-11/13:

Payday 2 4 Pack: $59.99
Payday 2: $19.99
Guild Wars 2: $34.99
Fly'N: $3.33

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
Price Promotions:

The landing page for this sale can be found here. I'll start posting a full list of deals by date at the bottom of this post, expect lots of edits.

Gift With Purchase:

Each day, for 42 days from launch (6/6-7/17) customers who purchase any game from our Indie Store (excluding free games like 16-bit Arena) will receive 3 free games. For example, customers who purchase any Indie Game from our Indie Store between 6/6-6/10 will receive “Dynasty of Dusk”, “The Curse of Nordic Cove” and “Huntsman: The Orphange” (a pre-order title), for free. Note the 3 free games do not change daily, new games will be introduced throughout the course of the promotion, for different time periods.

Indie Spotlight:
This is the program I’m most excited about. We’ve asked many of our launch partners to answer a set of questions about themselves to give the Indie community better insight into the creative minds behind these Indie games. The responses have been absolutely phenomenal. The landing page for the Spotlight is here.

General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

it is for me too.
PS, is Microsoft still around? What about Steam / Valve? Are they still making Call of Duty games? Has Activision or Blizzard had a sale yet? Did EA get bought out by Valve?
Thanks, future man. ;)
we in the future valve have create new games ea reborn under Tebowdragon and sunasun it is now privat company we making games better than actiivison. Actiivsion is now own by mysterd and spoderman. mysterd took powerball gamble and paid doff. He fialed his mysterd client. Valve and EA are now friends. Crysis ulimtate edition is now reallly the best game reborn. dead space 3 ulitmate fixed all the crap. Tablet failed. microsoft surface fail but microsoft is now reborn under bill gates who know has become open source and has beecome pc again making valve less angry. the govt is not corruptped thanks to mind link and cheaplike fox

console has been not much. THQ 2.0 is own by jason rubin and MNS. Snakey Bro is dating Sasha Grey after she dump pa sports! My cousin owes me for i won in everythign. Tebow the real tebow become a top qb proving doubters. bitchway got fired and is hated by fans. Jamiey barney is in jail. Mind Link is marrried to AJ Lee. Mysterd was dating AJ but they broke up after mysterd went loco. Mooby become lless mean and become nice he become the most intersting man in th world

We all know where this is going *waits for PSN key drop* ;)
I don't respond to taunts very well...

Oh fine, you got me. I have a code for Katamari Damacy for whomever wants it. Just PM me (and post here so I don't get a ton of PMs)

I'm going to bed, since nobody seems to be around this late. So I hope somebody is able to appreciate the wonders of Karamari by the time I wake up.

Oh fine, you got me. I have a code for Katamari Damacy for whomever wants it. Just PM me (and post here so I don't get a ton of PMs)

I'm going to bed, since nobody seems to be around this late. So I hope somebody is able to appreciate the wonders of Karamari by the time I wake up.
I'd like Katamari if you still have it.

Well played good sir, well played *tips hat*

Lol that is awesome and the first time I've seen it :).

FYI tomorrow's Deal of the Week will be:

Far Cry 3: $14.99

Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon: $19.99

Far Cry 3 Deluxe + Blood Dragon: $24.99

Bundles are not Steam though :( we don't have Blood Dragon Steam keys (still working on it but we won't have them for the deal this week).

Cheers,
Tony

Pretty good deal!

Far Cry 3 was a pretty good game, other than the plot. I hated the plot so much, that I refused to finish the game, I was so disappointed with it. Otherwise, the gameplay is very good. I especially enjoyed the ability to hunt creatures to upgrade weapons and create medicine.

I wasn't really able to get myself interested in Blood Dragon, but if you liked Far Cry 3, and are able to laugh at the intentionally bad plot of Blood Dragon, then go for it. 

$20 for both games is a VERY good deal, and worth it even if you're on the fence.

That's my 2-cents. (1997 more of those and you can buy the games!)

Far Cry 3 for $15 is tempting, but since base price has decreased to $29.99 on Steam now, I'm hoping I can get it for $7.50 during a 75% off sale.

I just picked up Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon the other day in that Steam bundle w/ CoJ Gunslinger. I had been waiting for a Steam version to surface on sale for a while now. Too bad the bundles aren't Steam, but understandable given they're Ubisoft titles.

I was specifically drawn to the intentionally bad plot and throw back to those awful 80s action movies. It just looked and sounded like something completely different from the regular stuff being pushed out to the masses. Variety is the spice of life, no?

$7.50 would be a great price. i would get it at any price under $10 for that matter. i bought blood dragon from the humble store so i only need far cry 3 (steam version). since the price has not been under $10, the wating continues for me.

Far Cry 3 for $15 is tempting, but since base price has decreased to $29.99 on Steam now, I'm hoping I can get it for $7.50 during a 75% off sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back