Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol that is awesome and the first time I've seen it :).

FYI tomorrow's Deal of the Week will be:

Far Cry 3: $14.99

Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon: $19.99

Far Cry 3 Deluxe + Blood Dragon: $24.99

Bundles are not Steam though :(
That didn't make me sad - that made me smile. :)

I don't wanna deal w/ both some form of UPlay DRM & full-blown Steam DRM in the Steam-version.

Sorry, but ONE DRM set is enough, thank you very much.

I'd rather go w/ just UPlay-version on UbiSoft first-party titles games.

Not that I'm gonna be in on these deals, mind you.

EDIT:

$7.50 would be a great price. i would get it at any price under $10 for that matter. i bought blood dragon from the humble store so i only need far cry 3 (steam version). since the price has not been under $10, the wating continues for me.

FC3 (base game) at $7.50 and I would've been all over it - Regular or Deluxe.

I don't wanna deal w/ both some form of UPlay DRM & full-blown Steam DRM in the Steam-version.
I like multiple layers of DRM. It adds variety. I don't want none of that plain jane single DRM.

Not that I'm gonna be in on these deals, mind you.

EDIT:

FC3 (base game) at $7.50 and I would've been all over it - Regular or Deluxe.
it likely deluxe yo and y u no read my post about u spoderman mns mind link and so on hehe. and no it not good enough

we in the future valve have create new games ea reborn under Tebowdragon and sunasun it is now privat company we making games better than actiivison. Actiivsion is now own by mysterd and spoderman. mysterd took powerball gamble and paid doff. He fialed his mysterd client. Valve and EA are now friends. Crysis ulimtate edition is now reallly the best game reborn. dead space 3 ulitmate fixed all the crap. Tablet failed. microsoft surface fail but microsoft is now reborn under bill gates who know has become open source and has beecome pc again making valve less angry. the govt is not corruptped thanks to mind link and cheaplike fox

console has been not much. THQ 2.0 is own by jason rubin and MNS. Snakey Bro is dating Sasha Grey after she dump pa sports! My cousin owes me for i won in everythign. Tebow the real tebow become a top qb proving doubters. bitchway got fired and is hated by fans. Jamiey barney is in jail. Mind Link is marrried to AJ Lee. Mysterd was dating AJ but they broke up after mysterd went loco. Mooby become lless mean and become nice he become the most intersting man in th world
Oh, snap - I got Activision?

Awww, yeah - ready to release some games under that Call of Duty gravy train. :D

Also - hell yes, BUNGIE on my side! Expect a Destiny PC version.

Oh, I'm thinking of talking to CCP about letting Obsidian use Vampire: The Masquerade license so they can do a true-blue Bloodlines 2.

Might talk to Obsidian about them doing Arcanum 2, as well.

I just ordered Ghosts and hope its a decent game lol, probably sucks though. I honestly just played through GW2 and think its a decent game! Its pretty addicting once you get the hang of it. :)

sig.jpg

I really enjoyed both COJ; Gunslinger and FC: Blood Dragon when I played them.  Blood Dragon is probably my most enjoyed game this year, even more so than Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider.  My only complaint is that it wasnt longer, but it didnt seem terribly short either.  I'd love them to do a full game for a sequel with the same style and humor 

Hmm, I have a bunch of Amazon credit and would have used that for the FC3/Blood Dragon pack if it had multiple layers of DRM but since it doesn't I will pass and wait for a better deal on it on Steam.

Now in the interest of distracting MysterD from talking about DRM yet again I will say:

Red Dead Redemption really should have a PC version!

Hmm, I have a bunch of Amazon credit and would have used that for the FC3/Blood Dragon pack if it had multiple layers of DRM but since it doesn't I will pass and wait for a better deal on it on Steam.

Now in the interest of distracting MysterD from talking about DRM yet again I will say:

Red Dead Redemption really should have a PC version!
Maybe rockstar will do it if you say if enough here.

Oh, snap - I got Activision?

Awww, yeah - ready to release some games under that Call of Duty gravy train. :D

Also - hell yes, BUNGIE on my side! Expect a Destiny PC version.

Oh, I'm thinking of talking to CCP about letting Obsidian use Vampire: The Masquerade license so they can do a true-blue Bloodlines 2.

Might talk to Obsidian about them doing Arcanum 2, as well.
yea nice job went crazy mysterd that what happen ur clieent was failure but u bonce bacck after being single and mind link got ur exgf and married her and sadly me and sunasun working on being the best customer serevice com[pany all ea losers was cut and they have sad life. ea hammer of legions left and instead there is no hammer of legion the only differeence is now on steam uplay origin tho i want to shut down they have every game no 3rd party drm eacch game u can add to uplay or steam and so on so if u dont want crapgin u can choose

So what's with this Games For Windows Live business?  Should I start a Batman Arkham Asylum game now or wait until GFWL is patched out?  Or should I have bought directly from the Windows 8 Appstore?  Do you think Humble will start giving out Appstore keys now too?

So what's with this Games For Windows Live business? Should I start a Batman Arkham Asylum game now or wait until GFWL is patched out? Or should I have bought directly from the Windows 8 Appstore? Do you think Humble will start giving out Appstore keys now too?
About Batman: AA + AC - up to you.

Check Steam Forums - there's a few ways to get your AA + AC saves working on the G4WL-to-Steam transfer.

I have Steam keeeez for the following:

Lucious Claimed by a wheathead

The 39th Step  

Wolfstars 3

Manhunt at the Orphanage - Halloween Edition Claimed by a cow

I have something Hard and Extended as well. Claimed by a king

First person to PM me who I want to have the key will get the key.  

One per person, place or thing.

Lucious

The 39th Step

Wolfstars 3

I have something Hard and Extended as well.

I want nothing. :p

MysterD said:
If I wanted to jump through numerous hoops, I'd join the circus.
you joined the circus when you joined CAG. ;)

Cheaplikeafox 3.0 said:
So what's with this Games For Windows Live business? Should I start a Batman Arkham Asylum game now or wait until GFWL is patched out? Or should I have bought directly from the Windows 8 Appstore? Do you think Humble will start giving out Appstore keys now too?
GFWL was patched out of batman arkham asylum a few weeks ago, so you should be able to start a new game with no problems.
Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City have finally seen the removal of the horrible Games for Windows Live system from their PC versions, as the service has finally been replaced with the much more simple Steamworks one offered through Valve's Steam.

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City delivered great experiences across many platforms but, on PC, they were hampered by the error-prone Games for Windows Live service that stored save files and actually allowed players to access the game.

Now, due to the shutdown of GfWL, Warner Bros. has confirmed that the service has been replaced with Steam.

This means that all owners of the game can redeem their codes on Steam for a copy of Arkham Asylum or Arkham City. Those who already own Arkham City on Steam will also see their copy upgraded to the Game of the Year edition.

Those who don't own the games on the PC can take advantage of a special discount applied to both titles for a limited time.

Cheaplikeafox 3.0 said:

The 39th Step
Wolfstars 3

should wolfstars 3 be star wolves 3?

The 39th Step

Wolfstars 3

Thank You for The 39 Steps :)

Did not realize I owned the game. :wall:

In the rush to get a game before ninjas and such I jumped the gun .. codes still valid so give to someone else ..

In the rush to get a game before ninjas and such I jumped the gun .. codes still valid so give to someone else ..

You claimed it before you redeemed it???

You claimed it before you redeemed it???
Not sure why you mean by this really ....

Yeah I "claimed" it by sending PM to Cheaplikeafox.

Went to "redeem" it on my account and it said I already own it.

As I stated I did not realize this ... so I let Cheaplikeafox know this so he can give to to someone else.

EDIT .. get what you meant now ..

Yeah I "Claimed" it here in the thread after he sent the key in a PM to thank him publicly for the key ... then tried to redeem it on Steam ..

Not sure why you mean by this really ....

Yeah I "claimed" it by sending PM to Cheaplikeafox.

Went to "redeem" it on my account and it said I already own it.

As I stated I did not realize this ... so I let Cheaplikeafox know this so he can give to to someone else.

EDIT .. get what you meant now ..

Yeah I "Claimed" it here in the thread after he sent the key in a PM to thank him publicly for the key ... then tried to redeem it on Steam ..

I forgot about the PM requirement.

Sepioth said:

CAG world problems rear their ugly heads again.

dum-dee-dum-ho-diddle-oh-doo

Saints Row IV: Thank You DLC  --  AW3DX-TFMQA-53VNH

Saints Row IV: Thank You DLC  --  JEE2I-QTXPB-4MZFI

Saw it on Reddit and grabbed them from GamersGate wasn't aware that they were being offered on the steam page as well. Thanks for the heads up. 

Damn, sorry Tony but I am holding out for $10 FC3 at this point.  It keeps getting tantalizingly low, but not low enough.  If you can bundle the 2 games for $15 around Xmas/early next year I'd grab it for sure.

GFWL is already out of AA and AC as of Oct 17th. On Steam, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back