Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I have keys available for the following:

Wolfstars 3

Trainzexual Simulator 12

Euro Trunk Simulation 1

Extended Simulation of Agriculture 2011

Secret Air Conflicts

Rigged Rolls

PM if interred in any key. One per CAG, per visit, per order, no shirts, no pants, service.

Who would be buried in a key? Is that a Chinese riddle?

Wolfstars 3

Trainzexual Simulator 12

Euro Trunk Simulation 1

Secret Air Conflicts

Rigged Rolls

PM if interred in any key. One per CAG, per visit, per order, no shirts, no pants, service.
I wonder how that trainzexual thing works. Is it like riding an Amtrak car full of trannies?

Wolfstars 3

Trainzexual Simulator 12

Euro Trunk Simulation 1

Secret Air Conflicts

Rigged Rolls

Who doesn't need a trunk simulator??

Breakfast for lurkers:

[customspoiler='Gloppy Killer Croc Salad']Arkham Origins DLC - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=27e8qTPh46hPa8HK[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Moldy Alma Bread']FEAR 2 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=RU2cZnDhnGfcUdZz[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Runner "Juice" ']Mirror's Edge (Origin) - H6Z9-SHHL-TQBR-3LTK-HWWK[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Day Old Pheasant ']Reign: Conflict of Nations -6WMEQ-C80FG-BWVFX[/customspoiler]
I grabbed Reign: Conflict of Nations. Thanks You MrNinjaSquirrel.

Hey Tony, I wanna buy that Far Cry 3 Deluxe + Blood Dragon bundle, but would prefer the steam versions. Any chance we can get a bundle of the steam versions on sale too?

Breakfast for lurkers:

[customspoiler='Gloppy Killer Croc Salad']Arkham Origins DLC - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=27e8qTPh46hPa8HK[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Moldy Alma Bread']FEAR 2 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=RU2cZnDhnGfcUdZz[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Runner "Juice" ']Mirror's Edge (Origin) - H6Z9-SHHL-TQBR-3LTK-HWWK[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Day Old Pheasant ']Reign: Conflict of Nations -6WMEQ-C80FG-BWVFX[/customspoiler]
wasn't expecting FEAR 2 to still be unused - thanks!

fc3/bd sounds like a good deal, still debating whether I want to wait it out for a bigger price drop - I'm really not a fan of the whole uPlay thing, and another drop might be enough to convince me to get it

I'm a DA.  I grabbed MrNinjaSquirrel's Batman AO DLC link based on the description (Killer Croc DLC?  Cool!) before I realized what it really was.  Of course, I already have the full Humble Bundle, so should have left this alone.  I've got the link to the page to where you can tie it to your Steam account.  PM me and I'll send it along to someone that can actually use it.  I also have gift links form that bundle for those interested:

Batman AA & AC GOTY

Scribblenauts

Gotham City Imposters Pro Kit

Thanks all for the nice drops.  Maybe I'll really get one someday?

I'm a DA. I grabbed MrNinjaSquirrel's Batman AO DLC link based on the description (Killer Croc DLC? Cool!) before I realized what it really was. Of course, I already have the full Humble Bundle, so should have left this alone. I've got the link to the page to where you can tie it to your Steam account. PM me and I'll send it along to someone that can actually use it. I also have gift links form that bundle for those interested:

Batman AA & AC GOTY

Scribblenauts

Thanks all for the nice drops. Maybe I'll really get one someday?
What does any of this have to do with you being a Defense Attorney?

I'm a DA. I grabbed MrNinjaSquirrel's Batman AO DLC link based on the description (Killer Croc DLC? Cool!) before I realized what it really was. Of course, I already have the full Humble Bundle, so should have left this alone. I've got the link to the page to where you can tie it to your Steam account. PM me and I'll send it along to someone that can actually use it. I also have gift links form that bundle for those interested:

Batman AA & AC GOTY
Scribblenauts

Thanks all for the nice drops. Maybe I'll really get one someday?
So you're a district attorney?

Hey Tony, I wanna buy that Far Cry 3 Deluxe + Blood Dragon bundle, but would prefer the steam versions. Any chance we can get a bundle of the steam versions on sale too?
Amazon doesn't carry the Steam version of Blood Dragon, and it's not very likely they will anytime soon, so you might just want to get FC3 and wait for BD to go on sale for $5 on Steam (likely this coming fall/winter sale).

I'm a DA. I grabbed MrNinjaSquirrel's Batman AO DLC link based on the description (Killer Croc DLC? Cool!) before I realized what it really was.
:rofl:

*waits for Killer Croc Salad DLC*

I thought a DA was a District Attorney ;)
Maybe I should have gone with Harvey Half-burnt Harvey Dent Pie instead.

Amazon doesn't carry the Steam version of Blood Dragon, and it's not very likely they will anytime soon, so you might just want to get FC3 and wait for BD to go on sale for $5 on Steam (likely this coming fall/winter sale).

:rofl:

*waits for Killer Croc Salad DLC*

Maybe I should have gone with Harvey Half-burnt Harvey Dent Pie instead.
maybe now tony can ask since ubisoft has start their blacklist game on humble bundlle steam lol

I'm going to plant a tree in your honor, not because I want the games, but because you're providing free keys to CAG members. That's what I like to see! :bow:

sig.jpg

guardian_owl said:
Wow, still up 15 minutes later, got showdown effect, thanks.
Congrats
Hope you read my TOS
[customspoiler="Sunasun DVG Terms of Service Agreement"]The buyer, heretofore referred to as the hoarder, gives his/her explicit permission, for Sunasun aka Count Burgula, to visit his/her place of residence at the time or whim of Sunasun's choosing, and punch the hoarder, heretofore referred to as the punching bag, directly in the face. The punching bag will release Sunasun DVG or its employees or subsidiaries from any liability to said punching bag's face. By Clicking the Terms of Service Agreement button, you have agreed to a legally binding contractual agreement with Sunasun DVG that you agree with the TOS agreement and any changes to the TOS agreement that the crazy mofo Sunasun comes up with. 10% of all proceeds now go to your choice of the Sunasun Little Ugly Trolls foundation or Sunasun's Home for Inebriated Tramps. Please specify upon payment which charity you would like to donate to.[/customspoiler]

Free video gamz to a good home:

Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony

Ether Vapor Remaster

Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin)

Just PM me the answer to this if you'd like one:

A man has been prescribed 10 pills. Starting today, he must take one pill a day, but because the concentration of the medicine is different in each pill, he must take them in a specific order. Since the pills all look the same, the man has decided to write numbers on each pill to help him remember the order he needs to take them in.

How many pills does he have to number if he wants to keep track of the order?

Free video gamz to a good home:

Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony

Ether Vapor Remaster

Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin)

A man has been prescribed 10 pills. Starting today, he must take one pill a day, but because the concentration of the medicine is different in each pill, he must take them in a specific order. Since the pills all look the same, the man has decided to write numbers on each pill to help him remember the order he needs to take them in.

I really dig this method of giving away games.

I really dig this method of giving away games.
If only I had some games to give away that people actually want/don't have...

This is a great game, enjoyed it a ton. Hope it goes to someone who appreciates it!
Agreed, though I haven't finished it yet, I've greatly enjoyed what I played (and heard; the soundtrack is outstanding). Nobody seems to want it though...so I'm just gonna leave these here...

[customspoiler='>No Game Under Here<']Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game - DRZN2-WAPC0-K8FKA[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='>Blank Space<']Ether Vapor Remaster - DTQFP-GVQ8H-B48GE[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='>Don't Click Me<']Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony - 5YN65-VFCX7-LDQ9X[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='>Are You Even Reading These?<']Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) - HX3T-QFK7-VPHH-DJ7J-DZSC[/customspoiler]

Agreed, though I haven't finished it yet, I've greatly enjoyed what I played (and heard; the soundtrack is outstanding). Nobody seems to want it though...so I'm just gonna leave these here...

[customspoiler='>No Game Under Here<']Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game - DRZN2-WAPC0-K8FKA[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='>Blank Space<']Ether Vapor Remaster - DTQFP-GVQ8H-B48GE[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='>Don't Click Me<']Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony - 5YN65-VFCX7-LDQ9X[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='>Are You Even Reading These?<']Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) - HX3T-QFK7-VPHH-DJ7J-DZSC[/customspoiler]
Got Jamestown: LOTLC. Thanks, man.

Thanks, got Ether Vapor.

LIES

I see you, Mr. Ninja, and raise you the following.

Auditorium Y8MX5-H7NP7-PWLPD
Dead Hungry Diner D4NEZ-Y37XB-IICNV
DiRT 2: 0MWLR-A9YNT-BLZMP
Divo VNNNF-JMYLN-DFIMW
Electronic Super Joy 27JY9-Z50CK-MHAKD
eXceed 2nd: 739FN-RRFDG-XRXCC

I see you, Mr. Ninja, and raise you the following.

Auditorium Y8MX5-H7NP7-PWLPD
Dead Hungry Diner D4NEZ-Y37XB-IICNV
DiRT 2: 0MWLR-A9YNT-BLZMP
Divo VNNNF-JMYLN-DFIMW
Electronic Super Joy 27JY9-Z50CK-MHAKD
eXceed 2nd: 739FN-RRFDG-XRXCC
Nice giveaway.

Not taking anything from there.

DIRT 2 is awesome, BTW. :D

Some people take those keys and dont even say thanks or that they've taken one or all of them..... /rude

^ Yeah that is a good way of doing it

Uh...no deal on just the standalone dlc? That's pretty stupid...

and I take it that this thread is no longer relevant to the OP

Got Jamestown: LOTLC. Thanks, man.
Darkest Hour was lurked.
Oh come on guys, y u no play mi little game & answer riddle?

Uh...no deal on just the standalone dlc? That's pretty stupid...

and I take it that this thread is no longer relevant to the OP
Tony has REPEATEDLY said that he likes the drops and thinks it adds flavor to the otherwise monotonous "Will game X be on sale? Does Amazon match site Z? Will Amazon ever carry Assassin's Creed 3 + ALL DLC uPlay codes?" questions that otherwise amount for the majority of the posts.

Any chance of Injustice or Arkham Origins Seasons pass going on sale for Black Friday?

I'm about to buy from GMG, but I'd rather wait if Amazon's going to have a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back