Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
So just to break up the deal talk real quick, would anyone want to take these off LN and my hands?

• Mirror's Edge Went to Sepioth
  • Brutal Legend Went to ObsidianSphere
  • Starvoid Went to Taylort3
  • F.E.A.R. 3 Went to SandofThyme
  • GTR FIA GT Racing Went to Spoderman
  • Satazius Went to itrain23
If so quote this post and shoot me a PM with the answer to this riddle (though honestly these are more logic puzzles than riddles):

A preschool teacher had everyone in her class close their eyes. While none of the students were looking, she slipped caps onto their heads and then said:

"OK, everyone, open your eyes and look at the hats all your friends are wearing. Whoever sees four or more people wearing red hats gets a red balloon, and whoever doesn't gets a blue balloon."

In a class of 10 children, only some of the kids got a red balloon. Knowing this, how many kids went home with a red balloon?

RIPD is basically a reskinned God Mode. While Steam may still say there's single player for both, there really isn't, you're just playing an online match solo. If you can find a match, you might be able to get some fun out of them.

The Star Trek title actually had the potential to be very good. The story and voice-acting were incredibly well done. The problem was that it launched with some horrendous bugs that got blown ridiculously out of proportion by many of the online critics, in particular there was the farce that was Angry Joe's "review" of the game. The devs did a fair amount of work on fixing the different issues and by and large, it's been patched to be a pretty decent game. It's better playing co-op though.
I'm aware of RIPD being a God Mode mod. ;) But I also like licensed games, and the fact that these games don't have any stupid online-only achievements. Though God Mode does have a grindy "Kill 25000 enemies" achievement... bleh.

Angry Joe's review was what got me interested in Star Trek. I thought the bugs he pointed out were just... him overdoing his shtick, and I liked what I saw of the gameplay enough to want the game.

I'm aware of RIPD being a God Mode mod. ;) But I also like licensed games, and the fact that these games don't have any stupid online-only achievements. Though God Mode does have a grindy "Kill 25000 enemies" achievement... bleh.

Angry Joe's review was what got me interested in Star Trek. I thought the bugs he pointed out were just... him overdoing his shtick, and I liked what I saw of the gameplay enough to want the game.
I played a few hours of Star Trek from a Redbox rental and really enjoyed it. It is nothing new or groundbreaking in terms of gameplay, but if you enjoyed the movies I think you'll really enjoy playing through the game.

Heads up to anyone going after Enslaved:

it's a really bad PC port. thankfully people have figured out that by changing the INI file you can set the resolution you want (instead of its bizarre options), add Anti-Aliasing (because it lacks it), improve shadow details, force V-Sync, make it run at 60 FPS, and make various other tweaks to it.

so be prepared to do a bit of editing. Info can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188863412
Thanks for this. I hadn't heard, and had a mild interest in the game based on what some regulars here had said about it. It drops to the bottom of my wishlist for now. Weak, Namco, weak.

I actually really enjoyed God Mode for what it was, but R.I.P.D. likely suffers from the same issue God Mode suffers from, in that no one will be playing online with any frequency, making finding anyone to co-op with a huge challenge.

So just to break up the deal talk real quick, would anyone want to take these off LN and my hands?

• Brutal Legend
If so quote this post and shoot me a PM with the answer to this riddle (though honestly these are more logic puzzles than riddles):

A preschool teacher had everyone in her class close their eyes. While none of the students were looking, she slipped caps onto their heads and then said:

"OK, everyone, open your eyes and look at the hats all your friends are wearing. Whoever sees four or more people wearing red hats gets a red balloon, and whoever doesn't gets a blue balloon."

In a class of 10 children, only some of the kids got a red balloon. Knowing this, how many kids went home with a red balloon?
Sent PM with answer; interested in Brutal Legend. Thanks to you and LN3000 for giving games away. :D

• Starvoid

I sent a pm a few minutes ago, Interested in Starvoid to get ever closer to the quadruple digits :)

What's the MSRP for it? $5.11 for Metro Last Light Complete sounds pretty good to me.
MSRP is $14.99, comes with four packs (Faction Pack, Tower Pack, Developer Pack, & Chronicles Pack). Each pack is $4.99 on their own except for the Developer Pack $3.99. So essentially you get four packs for the price of one. Not bad for some extra content.

Sent PM with answer for Mirrors Edge ...

Fun game that riddle was from :)

• Mirror's Edge
  • Brutal Legend
  • Starvoid
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • GTR FIA GT Racing
  • Satazius

• Mirror's Edge
  • Brutal Legend
  • Starvoid
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • GTR FIA GT Racing
  • Satazius

Sent you a PM. Thanks a bunch! Interested in F.E.A.R. 3.

After scanning the list, I'm thinking of grabbing:

God Mode

RIPD ('cause it's a stupid movie licensed game)

Star Trek (see above)

Max Payne 3 + Season Pass

I -may- get the Manhunt + Bully pack... though I own Bully on disc. And Manhunt 2 isn't a Steam key because Rockstar is too lazy / chicken to release the game there.
Might be a stupid question, but where is the list? Can't find it after fast scanning last several pages, might be the morning coffee that wasn't really strong on me though and that's the reason I can't find them, lol.

Might be a stupid question, but where is the list? Can't find it after fast scanning last several pages, might be the morning coffee that wasn't really strong on me though and that's the reason I can't find them, lol.
Hey, look at the OP.

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=F33D97CED7875B93&resid=F33D97CED7875B93%21169&authkey=AITPbA9QbgGZV84&em=2&Item=Table1&wdHideGridlines=True

:razz:

What about State of Decay? it's a steam exclusive game?

Regards!

• Mirror's Edge Went to Sepioth
  • Brutal Legend Went to ObsidianSphere
  • Starvoid Went to Taylort3
  • F.E.A.R. 3 Went to SandofThyme
  • GTR FIA GT Racing
  • Satazius

Gave it a try, in for GTR Fia GT Racing :)

Edit: Sorry for the double post!

Hey Tony,

Any chance that Might & Magic Heroes VI can get Steam keys??
Quite a few bad comments about the Uplay DRM for this game. I'm tempted due to the price, but also thinking it might be better to wait and hope it shows up on GOG one day. I did just get HoMM V for $4.99 in that insomnia sale.... Hmm.

I don't think this is all that crazy...it's hard for me to pick my favorite out of the three.

If I had to pick which was my LEAST favorite, I'd probably go with the first. It had a better story than the 2nd (which had, by far, the weakest story of the three) but the game play in Bioshock 2 was way better, lending itself to having much more replayability. Plus playing as a Big Daddy was awesome.
I need to get back to 1. It's just so dark and the Big Daddys are such a pain to fight. I got tired of dying repeatedly and constantly being out of ammo and plasmid. I did play a bit of Infinite and really like the setting and visual elements way better, but am going to hold off on playing further until I finish 1.

Speaking of Bioshock Infinite: Tony, a deal on the season pass might be a good sell, especially with the triple pack sale coming up. Any way you could swing that?

MSRP is $14.99, comes with four packs (Faction Pack, Tower Pack, Developer Pack, & Chronicles Pack). Each pack is $4.99 on their own except for the Developer Pack $3.99. So essentially you get four packs for the price of one. Not bad for some extra content.
How well are these integrated? I just finished Borderlands GOTY and didn't like the DLC that much; my interest petered out halfway through the General Knoxx DLC due to the horrendous lack of transport locations in the DLC forcing 10+ minute travel times back and forth over the same ground constantly. I played about an hour of the Claptrap assassin DLC and just had to give up from frustration at that point. :( Is the M:LL DLC worthwhile and built into the game in a way that it doesn't feel tacked on?

I don't think this is all that crazy...it's hard for me to pick my favorite out of the three.

If I had to pick which was my LEAST favorite, I'd probably go with the first. It had a better story than the 2nd (which had, by far, the weakest story of the three) but the game play in Bioshock 2 was way better, lending itself to having much more replayability. Plus playing as a Big Daddy was awesome.
My favorite was definitely 1 but I also liked the other 2. By far the one with the worst gameplay was Infinite. Infinite seemed to do a really poor job of creating levels where your plasmids/powers were utilized to defeat your opponents using the environment.

So is it impossible to play GTAIV online with Steam version now?

I redeemed Amazon key on Steam and downloaded game.When it asked for cd-key I entered key that Steam provides with pop up message but it was incorrect.I found in the web that I should enter this key on xbox.com in redeem code section and than game with correct cd-key should be available on Games for Windows Live Client.I entered key on xbox.com and it was correct,then I downloaded GFWLC but there is no GTAIV here so I still don't have a key to enter in Steam to play GTAIV online.

I don't know what to do.If this is because Live Client is no longer active than ok but maybe there is a way?

I woul REALLY appreciate any kind of help.

Speaking of Bioshock Infinite: Tony, a deal on the season pass might be a good sell, especially with the triple pack sale coming up. Any way you could swing that?

How well are these integrated? I just finished Borderlands GOTY and didn't like the DLC that much; my interest petered out halfway through the General Knoxx DLC due to the horrendous lack of transport locations in the DLC forcing 10+ minute travel times back and forth over the same ground constantly. I played about an hour of the Claptrap assassin DLC and just had to give up from frustration at that point. :( Is the M:LL DLC worthwhile and built into the game in a way that it doesn't feel tacked on?
Yep, the B:I Season Pass is all I was looking for.

RE: Borderlands Knoxx DLC. While annoying, the end game is totally worth it. It's where I got the majority of my Legendaries, Uniques and Pearelscents. There's also mods available that add fast travel, but I never used them personally.

Yep, the B:I Season Pass is all I was looking for.

RE: Borderlands Knoxx DLC. While annoying, the end game is totally worth it. It's where I got the majority of my Legendaries, Uniques and Pearelscents. There's also mods available that add fast travel, but I never used them personally.
Borderlands 1 REALLY NEEDED MORE FAST TRAVEL OPTIONS. I hated having to drive for 10 minutes just to get somewhere, then if I had to stop the game and start again, I'd be sent back into town. That's just horrible game design.

Well, I'm not big on replays, so the 2nd playthrough wasn't something I was interested in, and I played single-player. Due to those two things, the DLC wasn't about gear for me as much as more running around, having fun killing things, and finishing up the available story elements. Unfortunately the constant back-and-forth travel through huge areas of easy enemies, coupled with the horrendously stupid inability to track multiple quests at a time, made me lose interest even though I had a ton of fun with the main game.

I didn't think about checking into mods. By the time I was done with the main game I was excited about BL2. Having played the BL1 DLC, however, unless BL2 fixes those issues (questing and travel) then it's going to be a while before I want to play another one.

Borderlands 1 REALLY NEEDED MORE FAST TRAVEL OPTIONS. I hated having to drive for 10 minutes just to get somewhere, then if I had to stop the game and start again, I'd be sent back into town. That's just horrible game design.
The base game wasn't that bad.

General Knoxx...good god.

Hah, yeah...I would actually exit out and reload in order to teleport back to town, that's how much I hated the travel. Didn't help for getting anywhere else, though.

And there wasn't even a vehicle station right outside your spawn point, which was just stupid as hell. Every time you'd spawn you'd have to walk a minute or two to get to a vehicle station (in General Knoxx.) The zombie one was even worse since there were no vehicles at all.

The base game wasn't that bad.

General Knoxx...good god.
Oops, I'm talking about the DLCs, not the base game. The normal game was fine, but it felt like the DLCs were made like that on purpose just to tack on additional game time.

And of course, there's Gearbox's refusal to remove Securom from the DLCs, but they probably don't want to spare the three blind monkeys they have working QA to do it.

And there wasn't even a vehicle station right outside your spawn point, which was just stupid as hell. Every time you'd spawn you'd have to walk a minute or two to get to a vehicle station (in General Knoxx.) The zombie one was even worse since there were no vehicles at all.
Knoxx was much worse than Ned - at least in Ned everything was relatively close by. I gave up on Knoxx halfway since I couldn't bear driving on that damn highway over and over. There were mods for fast travel for all of them, but they never worked for me.

Oops, I'm talking about the DLCs, not the base game. The normal game was fine, but it felt like the DLCs were made like that on purpose just to tack on additional game time.

And of course, there's Gearbox's refusal to remove Securom from the DLCs, but they probably don't want to spare the three blind monkeys they have working QA to do it.
I have a special place in my heart for borderlands. I was never much of a gamer until my sophomore (or was it junior?) year in college. My roommate talked me into trying borderlands co op with him. It was awesome. BL along with Oblivion is what really got me into games.

But yeah, I thought the DLC for BL1 was a mixed bag (from what I played). The zombie pack was pretty cool, I never finished General Knoxx though, it was such a drag. Of course, I didn't start playing it until I had already completed getting to level 50 with both Brick AND mordecai, so I was a bit Borderlandsed out by that point.

Damn it, all this BL1 talk is like while flipping through the channels you see a movie on TV and end up watching it, even though you own it on DVD and it didn't even cross your mind to pop it in to watch.  I wanna play BL1 now.  I have problems.

I have a special place in my heart for borderlands. I was never much of a gamer until my sophomore (or was it junior?) year in college. My roommate talked me into trying borderlands co op with him. It was awesome. BL along with Oblivion is what really got me into games.

But yeah, I thought the DLC for BL1 was a mixed bag (from what I played). The zombie pack was pretty cool, I never finished General Knoxx though, it was such a drag. Of course, I didn't start playing it until I had already completed getting to level 50 with both Brick AND mordecai, so I was a bit Borderlandsed out by that point.
oh really i was gameer just not pc gamers till dec 2011!

For those few who still have the 2K $30 credit.  It apparently works on Civ V BNF and most individual game keys, but not the bundles.  Not sure why other than the usual credit wonk that has affected the credit in the usual ways.  With this and assuming the $5 credit isn't lost due to using credit, this gets it down to almost GMG's price before credit.  :whee:

I thought 2 was better than Infinite, there I said it.
I agree. Let's face it, Infinite is a really pretty game, but the gameplay sucks. And even as pretty as Columbia can be, it just isn't as cool as Rapture. My favorite gameplay is 2, the best story is 1, and then there's Infinite.

Without spoiling anything... after playing the DLC I can say that I now know why they call it Infinite. Deus Ex Machina, if you ask me.

Should I wait on the upcoming Steam sales for a Borderlands 2 GOTY price drop? Or should I throw down on the Borderlands 1 GOTY + Borderlands 2 Vanilla version for 11.99? I want all the DLC for BL2 at a cheap price.
Do you REALLY want all the DLC? A ton of it is cosmetic. GOTY has most - but not all - of the story DLC. So if you're waiting on a package with EVERYTHING then you're going to be waiting a long, long time.

If you don't have BL1, then by all means get it. But I think I'd look for separate deals on GOTY for both games instead of trying to hunt down all the DLC for BL2.

I agree. Let's face it, Infinite is a really pretty game, but the gameplay sucks. And even as pretty as Columbia can be, it just isn't as cool as Rapture. My favorite gameplay is 2, the best story is 1, and then there's Infinite.

Without spoiling anything... after playing the DLC I can say that I now know why they call it Infinite. Deus Ex Machina, if you ask me.

Do you REALLY want all the DLC? A ton of it is cosmetic. GOTY has most - but not all - of the story DLC. So if you're waiting on a package with EVERYTHING then you're going to be waiting a long, long time.

If you don't have BL1, then by all means get it. But I think I'd look for separate deals on GOTY for both games instead of trying to hunt down all the DLC for BL2.
Here's how I would rank them:

Story: BI = B1 > B2 Edit: Changed my mind. BI>B1>B2. After playing BI, I read on the internet about the story for days. It was insane and awesome (although I realize and understand how many people would have issues w/it.).

Gameplay: B2>BI>B1

Atmosphere: B1>BI>B2 (just because B2 is just B1 again. I prefer Rapture to Columbia, but Columbia was beautiful and fun to play in)

Replayability: B2>BI>B1

Overall: God that's tough. Probably BI = B2 > B1.

Here's how I would rank them:

Story: BI = B1 > B2 Edit: Changed my mind. BI>B1>B2. After playing BI, I read on the internet about the story for days. It was insane and awesome (although I realize and understand how many people would have issues w/it.).
Just curious... have you played the latest Infinite DLC?

Personally, the story in the DLC made me change my mind completely on where I would rank the B:I story. Admittedly, there is a part 2 coming and that may change it yet again, but right now I can say it sorta cheapened it for me.

Just curious... have you played the latest Infinite DLC?

Personally, the story in the DLC made me change my mind completely on where I would rank the B:I story. Admittedly, there is a part 2 coming and that may change it yet again, but right now I can say it sorta cheapened it for me.
Damn really? Haven't played it...waiting til part 2 comes out/hoping for a good deal on the season pass.

That sucks though.

GOTY is obviously cheaper for BL1, but so far, BL2 has been cheaper to piece together separately vs buying the GOTY. GMG recently had a BL2 sale where the pieces added up to about $18 vs $28 for the GOTY, all for the same content (minus the "Premiere Club" bs).

GOTY is obviously cheaper for BL1, but so far, BL2 has been cheaper to piece together separately vs buying the GOTY. GMG recently had a BL2 sale where the pieces added up to about $18 vs $28 for the GOTY, all for the same content (minus the "Premiere Club" bs).
Oh yeah, for sure. BL2 GOTY has been pretty pricey. I wonder if we won't see some really nice deals on it this winter as they've got two more DLC dropping for it and both should be in place before Christmas.

Any ideas if we will see better or same discounts on ME3 Digital Deluxe in the near future? Say until end of January. I'm not sure I want to spend whole $10 atm considering there are so many deals coming right until X-mas and beyond ...

Any ideas if we will see better or same discounts on ME3 Digital Deluxe in the near future? Say until end of January. I'm not sure I want to spend whole $10 atm considering there are so many deals coming right until X-mas and beyond ...
no idea. it's not sold on steam though, so you're pretty much at the mercy of amazon/origin, and we've already seen what amazon is selling it for right now.

no idea. it's not sold on steam though, so you're pretty much at the mercy of amazon/origin, and we've already seen what amazon is selling it for right now.
Indeed, it was in the best case scenario going for $15 standart and $20 deluxe until now pretty much. Still we know what happened to some EA games like BF3 in terms of price, not to mention Dead Space 3. Would love to see the same price in January with their $5 off promo honestly... And come to think of it, since when do we start getting the credits for purchases? I read about these earlier, so I suppose they will be live this year again.

Edit: Ok, I noticed the answer to my last question myself, lol. Well that's what happens when you lose track of amazon deals, but I'm glad they're going steady again.

Indeed, it was in the best case scenario going for $15 standart and $20 deluxe until now pretty much. Still we know what happened to some EA games like BF3 in terms of price, not to mention Dead Space 3. Would love to see the same price in January with their $5 off promo honestly... And come to think of it, since when do we start getting the credits for purchases? I read about these earlier, so I suppose they will be live this year again.
Troof, but ME3 is bioware, and bioware games tend to be a bit notorious for not dropping in price quickly. If it was going for 15/20 and is now just dropping to 10...I'm willing to bet you won't see a substantial drop again soon. If you're waiting for like, a 7.50 or 8 dollar digital deluxe edition you may have to wait a good bit longer. FWIW the lowest ME2 digital deluxe has been is 7.50. It hit that price point about 2 years after it was released, and ME2 is sold on Steam. However...the 5 dollar promo might make you want to wait. I doubt it'll drop lower, but typically once a game hits a price you start seeing that same price more often. How do these 5 dollar promos work (anybody?)? I bought a few things yesterday, are we supposed to get an email w/a code or somethang?

ME3DD was on Amazon's Editor's Choice for 2012, so it could very well be there again for 2013 which could net you an additional $5 off with the promo. But, there's no guarantee what the EC price point will be.

How do these 5 dollar promos work (anybody?)? I bought a few things yesterday, are we supposed to get an email w/a code or somethang?
No codes, it's just tied to your account. No way to find out your total promo unless you contact CS, track your purchases or count your promo emails. And yes, there were promo emails issued last year, but there was a delay in when we started receiving them. Some of the initial purchases ended up having to be backfilled (some manually by Tony).

ME3DD was on Amazon's Editor's Choice for 2012, so it could very well be there again for 2013 which could net you an additional $5 off with the promo. But, there's no guarantee what the EC price point will be.

No codes, it's just tied to your account. No way to find out your total promo unless you contact CS, track your purchases or count your promo emails. And yes, there were promo emails issued last year, but there was a delay in when we started receiving them. Some of the initial purchases ended up having to be backfilled (some manually by Tony).
Promo Idiot Virgin Questions Continued:

How do I use my promos?

Troof, but ME3 is bioware, and bioware games tend to be a bit notorious for not dropping in price quickly. If it was going for 15/20 and is now just dropping to 10...I'm willing to bet you won't see a substantial drop again soon. If you're waiting for like, a 7.50 or 8 dollar digital deluxe edition you may have to wait a good bit longer. FWIW the lowest ME2 digital deluxe has been is 7.50. It hit that price point about 2 years after it was released, and ME2 is sold on Steam. However...the 5 dollar promo might make you want to wait. I doubt it'll drop lower, but typically once a game hits a price you start seeing that same price more often. How do these 5 dollar promos work (anybody?)? I bought a few things yesterday, are we supposed to get an email w/a code or somethang?
ME3 already hit the $5/$7.50 price a while back. I have it in my Origin account and that would only happen at that low price. I paid $7.50 for the digital deluxe on August 30th from Amazon.

On another note, I want Max Payne 3, but I'm not sure if I want to pay that much when I don't need the multiplayer stuff. I hear all of it is dead. I just want the base game at $5. I hope one day that happens, but something about having a complete edition is making me want it anyway.

Wow ... all this talk about the Bioshock and Borderlands franchises.  I'm so confused.  B > B1 > Bl > B2 < Bi = BS

My own 2 pennies... (thanks for holding back on the spoilers) I'm about 2 hours into Bioshock 2 and finding it a lot more tricky to navigate Rapture.  Probably a good thing for immersion but I don't recall Big Daddies getting lost and running around aimlessly in Bioshock 1 just looking for stairs to reach an area on the map they need to get to.  The BDs seemed to know exactly how to find me in Bioshock 1.

I really liked Borderlands 1 and haven't played Borderlands 2 yet (backlogged).  All this talk has me (like Neuro) wanting to play Borderlands 1 again maybe even before I play 2.

Manhunt/Manhunt 2 is listed at $3.99 both on the spreadsheet and on the deals page. Bully/Manhunt is listed at $4.99, both on the spread sheet and deals page.

Hey Tony,

Any chance that Might &amp; Magic Heroes VI can get Steam keys??
We've asked, but will ask again.

Is there any chance of CoDs going 75% off or bundled?
I wish...

:))))

any chance of steamcodes for the secret world? :(
Negative :(.

So is it impossible to play GTAIV online with Steam version now?

I redeemed Amazon key on Steam and downloaded game.When it asked for cd-key I entered key that Steam provides with pop up message but it was incorrect.I found in the web that I should enter this key on xbox.com in redeem code section and than game with correct cd-key should be available on Games for Windows Live Client.I entered key on xbox.com and it was correct,then I downloaded GFWLC but there is no GTAIV here so I still don't have a key to enter in Steam to play GTAIV online.

I don't know what to do.If this is because Live Client is no longer active than ok but maybe there is a way?

I woul REALLY appreciate any kind of help.
I'm sorry I'm not following here, is your GTA IV not working or the online portion? Trying to figure out if we can help here or not :(.

For those few who still have the 2K $30 credit. It apparently works on Civ V BNF and most individual game keys, but not the bundles. Not sure why other than the usual credit wonk that has affected the credit in the usual ways. With this and assuming the $5 credit isn't lost due to using credit, this gets it down to almost GMG's price before credit. :whee:
I thought I fixed this yesterday. I'll check again today. I had to manually add the new bundles, but I guess it didn't take.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back