Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question guys, is the MAss Effect 3 Digital Deluxe worth the 3 extra bucks, or should I stick to the regular?

I already have the digital deluxe on the 360, but never finished it, or played the dlc. Is upgrading the pc version worthwhile?

Quick question guys, is the MAss Effect 3 Digital Deluxe worth the 3 extra bucks, or should I stick to the regular?

I already have the digital deluxe on the 360, but never finished it, or played the dlc. Is upgrading the pc version worthwhile?
PC vs console is debatable (though there are some mods and tweaks available). I've own/owned the ME series on 360, PS3 and PC. And yes, the Digital Deluxe version is worth it for the From Ashes DLC value alone.

You're probably going to get a whole variety of verbose responses to this question,
the squadmate you get is a jerk
so disregard everyone's personal opinion and know that this is the ONLY piece of DLC you can get at a discount. Bioware points never go on sale.

You're probably going to get a whole variety of verbose responses to this question,
the squadmate you get is a jerk
so disregard everyone's personal opinion and know that this is the ONLY piece of DLC you can get at a discount. Bioware points never go on sale.
How chipper and friendly would you be if you had just been a bug-cicle for 50,000 years, thawed out and found out that the remnants of your race had been turned into your enemy and the universe was being run by the incompetent monkeys, birds, and whatever the Asari are supposed to be descended from that you used to keep as pets?

Bioware points went on sale once. Granted it was more a "+15-25% extra points" kind of promotion than a percentage off sale and it was now almost two years ago without seeing a repeat, but I'm still hoping on Tony being able to work his magic.

How chipper and friendly would you be if you had just been a bug-cicle for 50,000 years, thawed out and found out that the remnants of your race had been turned into your enemy and the universe was being run by the incompetent monkeys, birds, and whatever the Asari are supposed to be descended from that you used to keep as pets?

Bioware points went on sale once. Granted it was more a "+15-25% extra points" kind of promotion than a percentage off sale and it was now almost two years ago without seeing a repeat, but I'm still hoping on Tony being able to work his magic.
There's hope on the horizon. We'll have the Cartel Coins for SWTOR at 25% off during this sale :). If those do well it gives me a good case to go back and ask for a promo on the bio points.

Cheers,

Tony

There's hope on the horizon. We'll have the Cartel Coins for SWTOR at 25% off during this sale :). If those do well it gives me a good case to go back and ask for a promo on the bio points.

Cheers,

Tony
I guess I may be playing more Old Republic in the near future to support this. ;) (I just know that Dragon Age Inquisition is going to have a buttload of DLC, so anything to help get Bioware points cheaper is a good thing for me.)

All you get really is Javik. Unless you were attached to his character, you could probably skip it. I enjoyed him, but if you already had him on 360, you won't miss much on the PC version by not having him.

With the speed that this thread is currently moving, I'm unsure if it's already been mentioned, but I noticed this: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_10?rh=n%3A468642%2Cp_4%3ABethesda%2Cn%3A%2111846801%2Cn%3A979455011&bbn=11846801&ie=UTF8&qid=1385620683&rnid=11846801

CONGRATULATIONS, TONY! :)
With the speed that this thread is currently moving, I'm unsure if it's already been mentioned, but I noticed this: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_10?rh=n%3A468642%2Cp_4%3ABethesda%2Cn%3A%2111846801%2Cn%3A979455011&bbn=11846801&ie=UTF8&qid=1385620683&rnid=11846801

CONGRATULATIONS, TONY! :)

I have most of the Bethesda stuff already save for the RAGE DLC and Brigmore Witches. Amazon will have my money if they go one sale!
We have a bunch of 50-75% off sales on this stuff coming up, stay tuned!

Cheers,
Tony

Bethesda's onboard the Amazon train now?? Awesome!

Please do something great with Hunted... it almost never goes on sale and it's been on my wishlist for years. I'd love to take it off. :)

Call of cthulhu and hunted the demons forge 75% off PLZ!

Both are 50% off on Steam the whole Autumn sale, but they have never gone lower, I think it might be because they are not really in a franchise, nor very popular like rage, so they get neglected.

I would love a reason to get them from Amazon.

Bethesda never puts them on a good sale, but if anyone can get them to do it, you can Tony!

:)

FYI, and since Amazon doesn't sell Blizzard products digitally I hope you don't mind me mentioning this here...

The Starcraft II expansion, Heart of the Swarm is 75% off, ($9.99) at the Microsoft Store with free shipping.

The MS store website is getting hammered right now due to their Black Friday deals going live, but if you use their mobile version site you can get through a little easier right now. Google Chrome has an app that will let you use the desktop Chrome as a mobile browser version: User Agent Switcher.

Link (No Referral): http://m.microsoftstore.com/msusa/Catalog/Product/260620400/Starcraft_II_Heart_of_the_Swarm_PC_Game?c=538677799

Woah, nice with Bethesda finally available!
Although I already have basically all of it.

This weekend is still gonna hurt my wallet.

Unfortunately it slipped my mind most (if not all) of their games were released in 2012 or earlier.
I doubt it matters.. some of the best EC deals last January were from 2011 or older. I don't think the EC list is dependent on year.

Call of cthulhu and hunted the demons forge 75% off PLZ!

Both are 50% off on Steam the whole Autumn sale, but they have never gone lower, I think it might be because they are not really in a franchise, nor very popular like rage, so they get neglected.

I would love a reason to get them from Amazon.

Bethesda never puts them on a good sale, but if anyone can get them to do it, you can Tony!

:)

Will Call of Cthulhu be 75% off? I'd like to know, because if it won't be.. I'll just buy it from Steam. If it will be, I'll definitely hold off on the Steam sale and buy it from Amazon.
Negative on Call of Cthulu at 75% off, we'll have it for 50%. I'll take the reco back to the team though.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ... looking forward to some insane bundles Tony. Thanks for getting them on board.
We're just doing a la carte stuff right now but I'll be looking to bundle this year :).

FYI, and since Amazon doesn't sell Blizzard products digitally I hope you don't mind me mentioning this here...

The Starcraft II expansion, Heart of the Swarm is 75% off, ($9.99) at the Microsoft Store with free shipping.

The MS store website is getting hammered right now due to their Black Friday deals going live, but if you use their mobile version site you can get through a little easier right now. Google Chrome has an app that will let you use the desktop Chrome as a mobile browser version: User Agent Switcher.

Link (No Referral): http://m.microsoftstore.com/msusa/Catalog/Product/260620400/Starcraft_II_Heart_of_the_Swarm_PC_Game?c=538677799
Feel free bro the more conversation the better.

Skyrim 75% off pretty please. And Dishonored DLC. And maybe Doom 3 idk. Just put everything up at 75% actually :whistle2:o
Skyrim check, Dishonored DLC negative, but 66% off the GOTY.

Hmmm, any chance Bethesda stuff can make the Editor's Choice list?
We'll definitely be suggesting it.

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks for this, got a copy through the mobile site. I don't play SC multiplayer (I suck) so $10 is a good price just for the SP campaign.

Hey guys,

Couple of updates:

1. Please stop arguing, see the OP. Last year got really ugly and I don't want to see the thread spiral out of control again.

2. We are going to be selling the 2400 Cartel Coins Pack for 25% off tomorrow through 12/2, for those still playing SWTOR this could be good :).

3. We moved the Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III Deluxe 75% off sale up to include both tomorrow and Black Friday

4. We changed the BF4 $24.99 promotion. Here are the new details:

1. [SIZE=11pt]We’ll be at $24.99 for 4 hours 3:10PM (PST) – 7:10PM (PST) on 11/28[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=11pt]Prior to that we will be at $34.99 on 11/28[/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=11pt]On 11/29 we’ll be at $29.99[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]This deal changed a bunch over the last couple of days, this should be the final iteration.[/SIZE]

Cheers,
Tony
Is AC3 going to switch over anytime soon?

Flipped ..TY

just snagged Arkham Origins and Binary Domain. ready to buy a few more things tomorrow, loving this sale.

Yeah, Call of Cthulu is the only game I need from their catalog. I have most of the others. Tony needs to show us that he means business by making CoC 75% off ;)
I'm mainly annoyed about their DLC pricing (for Skyrim and Dishonored specifically.) Their insistence on poor discounts on CoC game are merely puzzling.

Sorry for another question,but is Far Cry 3 steam key region free?I got Sleeping Dogs yesterday and it was ok but I remember that Metro Last Light was locked so I want to be sure.

Also here is a little drop for all that questions :p

GTAIV Steam (usa only)

RHVIK-7RQG9-WVYRD

Brutal Legend Steam

6YPTC-EN2G6-H6P30

Eats Munchies Steam

4KL0-PW37-ZQIH-D9GR

Burnout Paradise Steam

JKYTL-B3NBJ-9I52Q

It's not much but maybe someone will enjoy it ;)

The following deals end today (11/28)

Adventure Bundle - 14.99
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition  - 7.49
Cities in Motion 2 - Lofty Landmarks DLC   - 1.49
Cities in Motion 2 - Lofty Landmarks DLC  - 1.49
Cities in Motion 2: Metro Madness DLC   - 2.49
Cities in Motion 2: Metro Madness DLC  - 2.49
Cities in Motion II   - 9.99
Cities in Motion II  - 9.99
Cities in Motion II: Bus Mania   - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Bus Mania  - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Metro Madness   - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Metro Madness  - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Trekking Trolleys   - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Trekking Trolleys  - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Wending Waterbuses   - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Wending Waterbuses   - 2.49
Cities XL Platinum  - 7.49
Cities XL Platinum  - 7.49
Critical Mass  - 0.49
Crusader Kings II  - 19.99
DLC Quest  - 0.99
Europa Universalis III Chronicles   - 14.99
EVE Online: Starter Pack - Asteroid Miner  - 4.99
EVE Online: Starter Pack - Caldari Bounty Hunter  - 4.99
Eve Online: Starter Pack - Caldari Explorer  - 4.99
EVE Online: Starter Pack - Minmatar Arms Dealer  - 4.99
EVE Online: Starter Pack - Plasma Planet Command  - 4.99
Farming Simulator 2013 Official Expansion  - 13.49
Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition   - 18.49
Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition  - 18.49
Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition  - 18.49
FTL: Faster Than Light   - 5
FTL: Faster Than Light  - 5
Game of Thrones  - 9.99
Game of Thrones  - 9.99
Hearts of Iron III  - 4.99
Hearts of Iron III  - 4.99
Hearts of Iron III Collection  - 14.99
Hearts of Iron III Collection  - 14.99
Impire  - 9.99
Impire: Creatures of the Night DLC  - 0.99
Magicka  - 4.99
Magicka Collection  - 9.99
Magrunner: Dark Pulse [Thin Game Download] - 6.79
Mars: War Logs  - 6.79
Megabyte Punch  - 7.49
Metal Dead  - 1.25
Metro 2033  - 7.49
Metro Franchise Pack  - 36.66
Metro Last Light  - 26.99
Metro Last Light: Ranger Mode DLC  - 3.33
Metro: Last Light - Season Pass  - 9.99
Metro: Last Light RPK Weapon DLC  - 0.66
Mount & Blade Collection  - 14.99
Pro Cycling Manager 2013  - 14.99
Pro Cycling Manager 2013  - 14.99
Red Faction Armageddon  - 3.99
RPG Bundle - 34.99
Saints Row 2  - 7.49
Saints Row Franchise Pack - 53.32
Saints Row IV   - 33.33
Saints Row the Third - The Full Package  - 14.99
Saints Row: The Third  - 9.99
The Asskickers  - 3.1936
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes  - 7.49
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes  - 7.49
War of the Roses Kingmaker  - 9.99
Wargame Airland Battle  - 13.59
Yesterday  - 4.99

Note: most of these are not linked in the spreadsheet. No idea why they aren't, but things like RPG Bundle or Adventure Bundle . . .  I have no idea what is included.

edit: for things listed multiple times, I have found that it is because of different DRM. So, as usual, be diligent and check the DRM listing before purchasing.

I usually don't go to Origin but when I was adding a new game noticed they had battlefield 1942 for free. Just head on over and add it to your library; it's listed under deals.

The spreadsheet lists the Joe Danger Bundle as being $10 but its still showing up as $12.50. Is the spreadsheet wrong or has the price on this not properly flipped?

Probably going to end up grabbing Batman Origins and Battlefield 4 when it flips to the cheaper price later today.

Any chance of a pricematch on the Stealth Bastard Deluxe DLC: The Teleporter Chambers?

It's 50% off on Amazon and 75% off on Steam until Dec 3.

I remember from previous sales that some DLC wouldn't be matched if they were too cheap. However I forgot what the threshold actually was, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back