Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

PM on Heart of the Swarm?

Edit: Actually, just realized you probably don't have any control over that since it's not digital. You guys do have it for 14.99, though. :(

Do we know how long Assassin's Creed 3 deal will last?

I risked and bought FC3 and sucesfully redeemed code on Steam.So FC3 is region free(if there won't be any problems with uplay activation after downloading)

I'm thinking Far Cry 3 on EC... with a $7.50 Steam daily to price match... that's how I roll.  You gotta take the gambles!

Prices for Assassin's Creed 3 are live (a day early, according to the spreadsheet?)

Anyways, picked up the Deluxe version.
Tony said recently he was going to push AC3 base game/AC3 Deluxe starting day for its sale up one day:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-bf-sale-link-in-op-15-bioshock-triple-pack-7-max-payne-3-complete-4-manhuntmanhunt-2-hundreds-of-deals/page-234#entry11287348

:D

Hey guys,

Couple of updates:

1. Please stop arguing, see the OP. Last year got really ugly and I don't want to see the thread spiral out of control again.

2. We are going to be selling the 2400 Cartel Coins Pack for 25% off tomorrow through 12/2, for those still playing SWTOR this could be good :).

3. We moved the Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III Deluxe 75% off sale up to include both tomorrow and Black Friday

4. We changed the BF4 $24.99 promotion. Here are the new details:

1. [SIZE=11pt]We’ll be at $24.99 for 4 hours 3:10PM (PST) – 7:10PM (PST) on 11/28[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=11pt]Prior to that we will be at $34.99 on 11/28[/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=11pt]On 11/29 we’ll be at $29.99[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]This deal changed a bunch over the last couple of days, this should be the final iteration.[/SIZE]

Cheers,
Tony

EDIT:

Shouldn't BF4 be $29.99 ? It is $34.99 right now and Gamestop has it already for $29.99 but I prefer getting it from Amazon
Click on above spoiler and look again at section #4.

It'll be cheaper on Amazon ($24.99) at a certain time-period today (3:10pm PST to 7:10pm PST).

Until that specific time, $34.99 today.

Tomorrow, it'll be $29.99 period.

Tony said recently he was going to push AC3 base game/AC3 Deluxe starting day for its sale up one day:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-bf-sale-link-in-op-15-bioshock-triple-pack-7-max-payne-3-complete-4-manhuntmanhunt-2-hundreds-of-deals/page-234#entry11287348

:D

EDIT:

Click on above spoiler and look again at section #4.

It'll be cheaper on Amazon ($24.99) at a certain time-period today (3:10pm PST to 7:10pm PST).
Until that specific time, $34.99 today.

Tomorrow, it'll be $29.99 period.
OMG! Thank you very much :D

Negative on Call of Cthulu at 75% off, we'll have it for 50%. I'll take the reco back to the team though.

We're just doing a la carte stuff right now but I'll be looking to bundle this year :).

Feel free bro the more conversation the better.

Skyrim check, Dishonored DLC negative, but 66% off the GOTY.

We'll definitely be suggesting it.

Cheers,

Tony
congrats on it but sucks u dont have brink dlc and already got everything so nice job for peoplll who wants it

I know you'd rather give Amazon DVG your $, but you might wanna see this...

If you really want to go Deluxe on BF4 w/ Origin for the same price ($25) or get BF4 Regular for $20, you also might wanna see this thread...

There's a link in there w/ posts on Reddit about $10 off coupons on Origin (when spending $35 or more) many are getting from McDonald's - and people are just posting them up: 1st come, 1st serve.

Question about the Sonic Racing 4-pack: I already own the game but decided to buy it for some friends. I only see one code though. How does this work? :eek: Do I just pass on the code? 

Question about the Sonic Racing 4-pack: I already own the game but decided to buy it for some friends. I only see one code though. How does this work? :eek: Do I just pass on the code?
Give the code to a friend who doesnt have the game and have him redeem it, then 3 gifts will be in his inventory and he can disburse them for you.

@Indef

Nice @ Far Cry 3 regular (Steam-version or UPlay-only version) flipping to $7.49 already.

@TONY

So, is Far Cry 3: Deluxe + Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (U-Play version) bundle still flipping tomorrow?
Yep!

Any chance of a pricematch on the Stealth Bastard Deluxe DLC: The Teleporter Chambers?

It's 50% off on Amazon and 75% off on Steam until Dec 3.

I remember from previous sales that some DLC wouldn't be matched if they were too cheap. However I forgot what the threshold actually was, sorry.
We're tearing through PMs this morning.

The following deals end today (11/28)

Adventure Bundle - 14.99
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition - 7.49
Cities in Motion 2 - Lofty Landmarks DLC - 1.49
Cities in Motion 2 - Lofty Landmarks DLC - 1.49
Cities in Motion 2: Metro Madness DLC - 2.49
Cities in Motion 2: Metro Madness DLC - 2.49
Cities in Motion II - 9.99
Cities in Motion II - 9.99
Cities in Motion II: Bus Mania - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Bus Mania - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Metro Madness - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Metro Madness - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Trekking Trolleys - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Trekking Trolleys - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Wending Waterbuses - 2.49
Cities in Motion II: Wending Waterbuses - 2.49
Cities XL Platinum - 7.49
Cities XL Platinum - 7.49
Critical Mass - 0.49
Crusader Kings II - 19.99
DLC Quest - 0.99
Europa Universalis III Chronicles - 14.99
EVE Online: Starter Pack - Asteroid Miner - 4.99
EVE Online: Starter Pack - Caldari Bounty Hunter - 4.99
Eve Online: Starter Pack - Caldari Explorer - 4.99
EVE Online: Starter Pack - Minmatar Arms Dealer - 4.99
EVE Online: Starter Pack - Plasma Planet Command - 4.99
Farming Simulator 2013 Official Expansion - 13.49
Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition - 18.49
FTL: Faster Than Light - 5
Game of Thrones - 9.99
Game of Thrones - 9.99
Hearts of Iron III - 4.99
Hearts of Iron III - 4.99
Hearts of Iron III Collection - 14.99
Hearts of Iron III Collection - 14.99
Impire - 9.99
Impire: Creatures of the Night DLC - 0.99
Magicka - 4.99
Magicka Collection - 9.99
Magrunner: Dark Pulse [Thin Game Download] - 6.79
Mars: War Logs - 6.79
Megabyte Punch - 7.49
Metal Dead - 1.25
Metro 2033 - 7.49
Metro Franchise Pack - 36.66
Metro Last Light - 26.99
Metro Last Light: Ranger Mode DLC - 3.33
Metro: Last Light - Season Pass - 9.99
Metro: Last Light RPK Weapon DLC - 0.66
Mount & Blade Collection - 14.99
Pro Cycling Manager 2013 - 14.99
Pro Cycling Manager 2013 - 14.99
Red Faction Armageddon - 3.99
RPG Bundle - 34.99
Saints Row 2 - 7.49
Saints Row Franchise Pack - 53.32
Saints Row IV - 33.33
Saints Row the Third - The Full Package - 14.99
Saints Row: The Third - 9.99
The Asskickers - 3.1936
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 7.49
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 7.49
War of the Roses Kingmaker - 9.99
Wargame Airland Battle - 13.59
Yesterday - 4.99

Note: most of these are not linked in the spreadsheet. No idea why they aren't, but things like RPG Bundle or Adventure Bundle . . . I have no idea what is included.

edit: for things listed multiple times, I have found that it is because of different DRM. So, as usual, be diligent and check the DRM listing before purchasing.
Sorry about the lack of links, not sure what happened there. Thanks for posting!

Shouldn't BF4 be $29.99 ? It is $34.99 right now and Gamestop has it already for $29.99 but I prefer getting it from Amazon

NOTE this got moved to 6:10PST - 7:10PST.

Cheers,

Tony

Note: most of these are not linked in the spreadsheet. No idea why they aren't, but things like RPG Bundle or Adventure Bundle . . . I have no idea what is included.
Sorry about the lack of links, not sure what happened there. Thanks for posting!

Cheers,
Tony
Actually, they are linked, at least on the SS Tony sent me. The line items aren't highlighted like a normal hyperlink however.

Ex. Adventure Bundle - $14.99 = Focus Adventure Bundle

Edit: They're formulaic links referencing the "Full URL with Affiliate ID" column. I had hidden most of the columns, so I didn't see it at first.

I have $30 credit to any 2k games from pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite from Amazon, Does anyone know when it is supposed to expire?
According to the promo code e-mails I still have: March 31, 2014. I still have $10 credit left from that deal and haven't been able to find anything to use it on. Wish I could use it on DLC.

According to the promo code e-mails I still have: March 31, 2014. I still have $10 credit left from that deal and haven't been able to find anything to use it on. Wish I could use it on DLC.
Awesome.

Thanks for the reply, I was looking for the emails but I probably just deleted them.

I think it works on X-COM: Enemy Within expansion

New day of Steam Sale has $4 Final Fantasy 7 and Dark Souls $6 sale. You just ran the latter there, any chance of it coming back? Or chance of the FF7 price match?

FF7:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00DRKJBC8

Dark Souls:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211420/

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Edition-Online/dp/B00917DBUE
Just fired these off to the team. Gotta run between houses real quick. Will be back in a bit.

Cheers,

Tony

Batman Arkham Origins is on sale at amazon for $19.99 (60% off) but $14.99 (70% off with the $5 amazon promotion voucher)

Tony,

You may have dealt with it already but I was wondering if you are price matching Baldurs Gate with steam? Thanks.

I just wanted to mention how much I appreciate Tony, especially in regards to how poorly the retail part of Amazon seems to be handling things this year.

For example, they advertise for a week that the deal for Elder Scrolls Anthology will be this morning at 12:01am PST. The "deal" is for $34.99 even though BB has it for $29.99. I wake up this morning and they've changed it to $29.99 and after a couple tries I manage to get my price adjusted. Then an hour later there is an unannounced lightning deal not on that calendar for the same item for $24.99! I don't understand what they're trying to do, but I feel like I've had the rug pulled out from under me. Stay up late to pay $10 more than a lightning deal not advertised on the deals calendar the next morning? Give me a break.

And the moral of the story is - Amazon's retail part could learn a thing or two from Tony who is doing an amazing job! If only this Elder Scrolls pack had just been a digital download deal. :)

When was the PSN+ 1 year for $30 supposed to go live? I thought it was midnight (PST right?) today, but I didn't catch it discounted since..

Think I'm gonna bite the bullet on AC3 Deluxe. $15 is the best I think even Steam can get to, and GMG and Gamefly don't sell it, so no chance of getting a bonus coupon for additional 20% off.

I'm starting to wonder if even at $24.99, is BF4 worth it with all its technical troubles?
I have about 114 hours logged, I get a crash every few hours of gameplay at most (its regularly a few days between crashes). The technical issues are overblown, and I would wager that many of the complainers don't take much time cleaning up their rig to keep it running optimally.

in addition, DICE consistently patches their games and the most irritating bug is being fixed in a patch next week.

so yes, $25 is a steal for what I would consider easily the best multiplayer game on the market.

The question I get most often is "When are you going to give out Bad Rats codes??"

Well, the day you've all been waiting for has arrived. Here's three Steam keys for Bad Rats

Happy Thanksgiving!

YHL66-A9DYD-IRX2Q

YHXXW-IR5IM-E5HHR

YIJ7J-PHMN5-0TER8

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back