Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, will Amazon's Digital side also be running something (even if it's pricematching) around the same time as Steam's Dec. sale, or can you say? or are the EC coupons suppose to fill that void? I don't remember exactly how this went down last year.
There was overlap last January. That said, on the PCDD page it says notifications of codes won't be mailed until January 3rd so it has me wondering if Amazon is intentionally delaying the EC promotion until after the Steam sale has ended.

There was overlap last January. That said, on the PCDD page it says notifications of codes won't be mailed until January 3rd so it has me wondering if Amazon is intentionally delaying the EC promotion until after the Steam sale has ended.
I think you're right about the 3rd. There were a few really good deals that happened when Amazon (intentionally and unintentionally) price-matched the tail of the Steam sale that I'm sure were too good to have happened otherwise.

Shame if that turns out to be true although I'd understand why Amazon would want to avoid that situation.  Still, assuming they price match normal Steam weekly/midweek deals throughout January there might be a few good deals.  Otherwise, as I recall, most of the Amazon January discounts were structured such that even with coupon they ended up being slightly worse than just buying the games during their BF and Holiday sales.

Oh, snap - I didn't known LN was buying us hardware.

I could use another WD Black HDD w/ the way I'm going w/ eating-up HDD space, these days & age... ;)
omg he ln can u buy m the best gaming laptop thanks heh jk man tho it would be nice but nah it be too much for u

I just went through my order list, that thing comes up... in 2012. 

That's a hell of a long time to hold onto it. 

...any hopes it'll stay held onto for another 2 months? Hell, week?

Well, you didn't get the credit in 2012.  You got it in 2013 when SR4 was going to be released.  Apparently they gave everyone who has SRTT in their games library a $5 credit towards SR4.  Maybe it'll last forever, maybe it was unintentional and it'll get removed in ten minutes.  But since the game is only on sale today for this price, I don't know why you'd want to save $5 off MSRP a week from now instead of getting it for $10 today.

The $5 credit for owning SRTT through that merchant was all over the place when SR4 came out.  Steam, Amazon, GamersGate and GMG all had the offer.  But I think only Amazon is still "honoring" it, probably because they handled it as a credit applied directly to your account instead of checking on a purchase-by-purchase basis.

Played Castlevania LoS demo. Is not a Castlevania game. Is not bad, but it doesn't feel like a proper Castlevania game. I hope they'll go back to the basics someday: good sidescrolling platform, good music... maybe a remastered classics collection.

I watched some Castle of Illusion videos... and it is on my wishlist since then. Can't something like that be done with, let's say, Castlevania 4? It is so difficult?. I'll make it even easier: add all the classic sidescrolling castlevanias (including SotN, of course!) into a pack, give it HD "enhacements" (if possible) and nothing more... and put it on Steam... I'll preorder that.
amen brother

That's fair, yeah. Just being overly greedy is all there. For $10 it's a no brainer to me, I just had that brief pause of "hey maybe Steam will do it less?" but really? Not worth the risk. If the DLC's anything like it was for SR3 then none of it's really essential anyway. Thanks.

Well, you didn't get the credit in 2012. You got it in 2013 when SR4 was going to be released. Apparently they gave everyone who has SRTT in their games library a $5 credit towards SR4. Maybe it'll last forever, maybe it was unintentional and it'll get removed in ten minutes. But since the game is only on sale today for this price, I don't know why you'd want to save $5 off MSRP a week from now instead of getting it for $10 today.

The $5 credit for owning SRTT through that merchant was all over the place when SR4 came out. Steam, Amazon, GamersGate and GMG all had the offer. But I think only Amazon is still "honoring" it, probably because they handled it as a credit applied directly to your account instead of checking on a purchase-by-purchase basis.
Ah, that's where it came from. Sweet.

Just grabbed the Metro Last Light Season Pass from Amazon for $5.10.

I was iffy on spending the full $15 on it, even though I loved Last Light, but for that price it's definitely worth it.

Oh, snap - I didn't known LN was buying us hardware.

I could use another WD Black HDD w/ the way I'm going w/ eating-up HDD space, these days & age... ;)
omg he ln can u buy m the best gaming laptop thanks heh jk man tho it would be nice but nah it be too much for u
Hey, LN can ALSO buy me a gaming laptop, too. ;)

I still want that new internal HDD for my desktop, though. ;)
Woah woah woah, nobody's buying anyone hardware (at least not that I'm aware of).

I'm still paying off my own hardware.. :(

I will take $3 Dishonored GOTY.

:headache:
Yes, I think we all would! I'd do that just for the damn DLC (since I already own Dishonored base-game)!

I'm so salty I missed that crap
I miss'd Steam's Dishonored glitch, as well - I was working.

EDIT:

Woah woah woah, nobody's buying anyone hardware (at least not that I'm aware of).

Hehe - LN dude, I'm only joking around about you buying me hardware. :D

You still can buy me a (cheap) game, if I can actually come up w/ something & you feel like still being Santa. ;)

Is it still possible to get sr4 for $10 with the promo credit?  Also, will the editors choice 2013 list be an actual sale with discounts or simply a list with everything at full price?

Is it still possible to get sr4 for $10 with the promo credit? Also, will the editors choice 2013 list be an actual sale with discounts or simply a list with everything at full price?
Black Friday sale price is over and the sale price is now $20. So best you could get right now with the $5 credit is $15.

The following deals end today 11/30:

101 Pony Pets - 2.99

Battlefield 4  - 39.99

Battlefield 4 [PC Instant Access] - 39.99

Billiards Champ - 2.99

BioShock [Mac Download] - 4.99

BioShock 2 [Mac Download] - 4.99

Crossed Quotes - 2.49

Crystal Caverns of Amon-Ra - 2.99

Dead Island Franchise Pack (GOTY, Riptide + DLCs) - 12.49

Dead Island Game of the Year Edition  - 4.99

Dead Island Riptide  - 7.5

Dead Island Riptide: Fashion Victim DLC  - 0.6

Dead Island Riptide: Survivor Pack DLC  - 1.25

Dungeon Siege - 1.99

Dungeon Siege 3 Pack  - 2.99

Dungeon Siege II - 2.99

Dynasty of Egypt - 2.99

FIFA 14  - 29.99

FIFA 14 [PC Instant Access] - 29.99

FIFA Manager 14 Legacy Edition  - 13.99

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin  - 1.99

Hitman Triple Threat Pack  - 3.99

Hitman: Blood Money  - 2.99

Inspector Cyndi in Newport--FALL FROM GRACE - 4.99

Inspector Cyndi in Newport--UNFINISHED SYMPHONY - 4.99

Jewels of the Nile - 2.99

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light     - 1.99

Legacy of Kain Pack - 3.99

LEGO Heroes Pack (Lego HP 5-7 + Lego Batman 2 + Lego LotR) - 14.99

Mini Ninja + Quantum + Seasons of Mystery - 9.99

Need For Speed Rivals  - 35.99

Quantum Conundrum + DLC - 6.99

Risen  - 1.99

Risen 2 : Dark Waters  - 3.99

Risen 2 Bundle  - 5.99

Risen 2: Dark Waters - A Pirate's Clothes DLC  - 0.6

Risen 2: Dark Waters - The Air Temple DLC  - 1.99

Risen 2: Dark Waters - Treasure Isle DLC  - 1.99

Risen Franchise Pack - 7.99

Sacred 2 Gold  - 5

Sacred Citadel  - 3.75

Sacred Citadel - Jungle Hunt  - 1.25

Sacred Franchise Pack (Citadel, S2G, DLC) - 7.5

Scribblenauts Pack - 14.99

Secret Files - Tunguska  - 2.5

Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis  - 2.5

Secret Files 3  - 4.99

Sega Fun Pack  - 9.99

SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code)  - 29.99

SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code)  - 29.99

SimCity [PC Instant Access] - 29.99

SimCity Cities of Tomorrow  - 26.99

The Last Remnant  - 2.99

Thief Deadly Shadows  - 2.99

Thief Gold  - 1.99

Thief in the shadows pack  - 4.99

Titan Quest Gold  - 3.99

To the Moon  - 2.99

Tomb Raider: Underworld  - 2.99

Whoa the Lego Heroes pack is available!  I'm so tempted to bite, but part of me wonders if there will be a more "complete" Legoes bundle.  I'd love to have Lego Harry Potter 1-4 and Lego Marvel in a future pack... hmmmmmm...

Bioshock Triple Pack [Online Game Code] $15 now at amazon.
Haven't bought much from amazon dd before. I know the bioshock triple pack is steam activated but is one code or three separate codes? I already have bioshock 1-2. Same question for the borderlands goty with borderlands 2. If they are all separate codes I gift the extra codes to a friend, if not then I will just wait for a sale on another game.

u know i messing with u it all spoderman fault tmftwe lol

Haven't bought much from amazon dd before. I know the bioshock triple pack is steam activated but is one code or three separate codes? I already have bioshock 1-2. Same question for the borderlands goty with borderlands 2. If they are all separate codes I gift the extra codes to a friend, if not then I will just wait for a sale on another game.
it should be multiple codes unless it like xcom collection which steam has then on code

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back