Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall in what must have been the 80s, copying someone's game and it came with a dark red sheet with verification codes. You were asked to look up a certain code each time and the color of the paper made photocopies just come out all black. I think the person "loaning" me the game had figured out some way to duplicate the sheet, I don't remember how.

I recall in what must have been the 80s, copying someone's game and it came with a dark red sheet with verification codes. You were asked to look up a certain code each time and the color of the paper made photocopies just come out all black. I think the person "loaning" me the game had figured out some way to duplicate the sheet, I don't remember how.
^_^ Interesting... that exact one doesn't ring a bell, but did remind me of the two-color printing type that had what you needed to read in blue, and a whole ton of visual noise in red, and you needed to look through a red bit of plastic to read it. (This also preventing photocopying.)

...All of these were prone to simply spending a little time and just copying by hand (pen & paper) the information. This straight forward hand copying also worked well for one/two wheel decoder wheels. For the multi-wheeled decoder wheels it was better to hand-copy them on different sheets of paper to convert it to a set of linear-sliding pages (kinda like a sliderule).

[quote name="Organ Donor" post="11331169" timestamp="1386539363"]

Wouldn't mind picking up Payday 2 at that price... Or price matching at Best Buy :cool:[/quote
Miss the $15 BB deal earlier this week?

^_^ Interesting... that exact one doesn't ring a bell, but did remind me of the two-color printing type that had what you needed to read in blue, and a whole ton of visual noise in red, and you needed to look through a red bit of plastic to read it. (This also preventing photocopying.)

...All of these were prone to simply spending a little time and just copying by hand (pen & paper) the information. This straight forward hand copying also worked well for one/two wheel decoder wheels. For the multi-wheeled decoder wheels it was better to hand-copy them on different sheets of paper to convert it to a set of linear-sliding pages (kinda like a sliderule).
The SSI Gold Box games were easy enough to change in a hex editor so all the code words were the same five letter word. But you still had the "Read Entry #55" problem.

I remember Starflight had a big star chart that would have been difficult to photocopy due to the "dark red & blue dots on black background" nature and its size.

Keep it going, people. By the end of the day, I'll feel so young that I may cease to exist.
Hear that? We're THIS close to getting rid of Spoderman!

And what's up with these so-called "FM" radios these days. Back in my day, we tuned to 820 for KLM Radio to listen to Connie Francis and that's how we liked it...

[quote name="Syntax Error" post="11331395" timestamp="1386543857"]
Hear that? We're THIS close to getting rid of Spoderman![/quote]

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I need him to win me a Grid 2 key, first!

The fact that there are SO many 3DS XL deals this holiday from various retailers indicates there is likely a price drop incoming.

Either that or retailers have just stockpiled way to much inventory and it's not moving fast enough.

Another possibility would be a new version, but in absence of ANY rumors and the recently released 2DS, that's doubtful.

I could easily see the 2DS at $100, 3DS at $130 and the XL at $150 by mid 2014.

Anyway I'd bet on the 3DS XL dropping to $170 if not all the way to $150 sooner than later.

It would also put a LOT of pressure on the VITA, just in case it picks up steam as a PS4 accessory.

Wish the OG 3DS would go on sale again but, if Best Buy price matches this deal, I might pick up the XL. I have $30 in rewards certificates, making this a very attractive deal.

When did stuff start appearing on the EC list last couple of years?  25% through December and nothing yet.  I needs some spoilers.

When did stuff start appearing on the EC list last couple of years? 25% through December and nothing yet. I needs some spoilers.
I thought it didn't show anything until after Christmas last year, unless I'm mistooken.

There were a couple of good ones given price matching with Steam but that won't happen this year... at least not for Steam's Holiday sale.  Maybe there will be some super amazing weekend/weekly deal.

There were a couple of good ones given price matching with Steam but that won't happen this year... at least not for Steam's Holiday sale. Maybe there will be some super amazing weekend/weekly deal.
Free Hotline Miami and that SRTT complete pack were the best that I can remember.

Wasn't the Bioshock pack advertised by Tony?
It may have been advertised as a sale, but not for free. It was one of those fat finger errors in that it was $4.99, but still eligible for promo credit application (which wasn't supposed to happen). It ended up being changed to not have the credit apply, but not as quick as Hotline Miami was.

It may have been advertised as a sale, but not for free. It was one of those fat finger errors in that it was $4.99, but still eligible for promo credit application (which wasn't supposed to happen). It ended up being changed to not have the credit apply, but not as quick as Hotline Miami was.
Oh, I don't remember that happening.

seamoss said:
I got nothing game-related to say tonight either, so let me tell you about my job. My job is so fucking unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on make-up. She is extremely self-centred and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel in the crown has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober any time in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big fucking dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonald's and Burger King, every single fucking day.

Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.
damn, I thought you were Shaggy ;)

pasports31 said:
Whatever, I used to deliver toys to everybody in the world over the span of a single night. Naturally, you're bound to bungle one or two wishes (that IS a shit ton of people, yo), and believe me, does the North Pole hear about it. Anyway, I finally snapped, and took out my trusty ax, which used to be used by the elves to chop down trees (I used the wood to manufacture toys in my sweatshop (you can't expect me to produce THAT many toys while maintaining ethically sound work environments)). Anyway, I'm going on a murder spree this christmas. Have fun getting your snotty nosed little kids what they want without my help. And you better hope it's not your snotty nosed lil tike that gets the ax.
Hey, I know you, you're that fat ass that was banging my mom.

UcanSUKtheFAC said:
Any poopy diapers need to be changed here?
sure, I'm cornfed and lactose intolerant yet drank a half gallon of egg nog (might want to bring a 10 pack of sham-wows)
And maybe we could work out a trade, I'll send you a hooker in exchange for your services. You better make sure my ass sparkles.
[customspoiler="my diaper at the moment (make sure you" re eating when you click this)']
dc-0208a.jpg
[/customspoiler]
UcanSUKtheFAC said:
Thanks for putting Max Payne and Borderlands on sale for once! It's never on sale! Thanks so much for making an effort to push new games!
facebook-dislike-button.jpg

I remember that. Sim City 1, I think.

And a quick search proves me right: http://magisterrex.wordpress.com/2010/10/22/yesterdays-copy-protection-schemes-simcity/

Lol im guessing people are buying the zelda 3ds xl for $200 now at best buy as the best buy near me had 20 and now today has 0 to try and price match next week with target. Don't know if they are included but if they are. I'd suggest you guys hop on the train as well :D

Would i be able to price match a 3DS XL for $180, using best buy's sale price, and then when the 3DS XL goes on sale at Target for $150 next Sunday, could i get a price adjustment even though i already did prior price match?

$(KGrHqFHJEgFGpP4!2McBRtj7vos2w~~60_35.JPG

My first video game. Load times were atrocious.

OH. MY. DEAR. SWEET. LORD.

Tunnels of Doom. My first dungeon crawler. HATED those poison fountains. Could never figure out how the merchants managed to stock a freaking store on the 16th floor - did they have a monster-free service elevator?

Any poopy diapers need to be changed here?
I don't think I have seen you post anything other than inflammatory bullshit, in any thread, since you showed up...so I guess good job being consistent at your schtick.

You've turned this thread into a mirror of reddit?
/boner

And you guys think your day job is rough...well, let me just confirm for the record that the goggles do nothing.

Free Hotline Miami and that SRTT complete pack were the best that I can remember.
yeah

Paradox 2012 Ultimate Pack
Microsoft 5-Game Arcade Pack
Dawn Of War Franchise Pack

$5 off for max payne and xcom on top of steam pricematch
and others like fable AOE3 paradox bundles were all weak :p

Call of Duty Ghosts is garbage for Xbox One, and that is coming from someone who buys every yearly Call of Duty game.

I don't play online multiplayer but me and my friends almost always find something to hook us for months...zombies, special ops, multiplayer with bots, etc but I've never EVER felt so underwhelmed by a Call of Duty game.
What 'bots are you talking about? I don't buy every CoD but I have the Modern Warfare games, I've never seen 'bots in any of them.

Probably time to pick up Skylanders, Christmas is getting close and I like Target. Need to do all the math today for Skylanders, SM3DW and Lego Marvel for this weeks TRU B1G1 40% off.  If I had 4 games Ild probably be at TRU already, but just the 3.  

yeah

Paradox 2012 Ultimate Pack
Microsoft 5-Game Arcade Pack
Dawn Of War Franchise Pack

$5 off for max payne and xcom on top of steam pricematch
and others like fable AOE3 paradox bundles were all weak :p
paradox bundle not weak but evil i wish i never did buy it and darkness 2 for 2.49 some 2k bundles

is this for all 3ds XL systems? My local target still has plenty of the zelda edition and would like to know if that will be included?
I doubt it, simply because the Zelda bundle retails for $219.99 at Target. NOT the $199.99 original price listed in the ad. If you're trying for a price adjustment next week, prepare to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back