Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Target did the crazy all bundles for $150 thing partly because of Nintendo's mistaken Tweet, partly because it was Black Friday. I would be very shocked if they do that again for this sale because they're losing too much on those, so don't get your hopes up.

Me too. I bought a GameBoy Advance on launch day, still looks beautiful.
The system may look beautiful, but games on the original GBA are pretty much unplayable, due to the lack of a backlit screen. I bought an original GBA back in the day, and about 25 games for it. Was so disappointed by the dim, barely viewable screen, I dumped it along with all those original games.

Then Nintendo released the revised GBA SP, with a backlit screen, and the games looked 100 times better! So I bought the SP and re-bought most of those original games, lol.

Still have that SP and all those games, great little handheld. Shame the original GBA was so bad, even in bright light the games looked like trash on it.

I was going to be good and not buy a game for myself before XMAS but I can't pass up BAO for $30 for Wii U!

Is AC4  for Wii U on sale??

Is it terrible for someone who has played a maximum of 45 minutes of Call of Duty ever? I want some shooter and with BF4 on Xbox One being busted, that might be my go-to.

I'm still not sure why people say Ghosts is horrible. I played it online and it didn't seem much better or worse than previous COD games. It has that added alien mode, or whatever it is, which fill in the spot where Zombies does on the Black Ops versions. Single player is diverse and pretty entertaining. Nothing screams horrible and the graphics on PS4 look pretty darn sharp. Maybe I'm not a COD fanatic like some that play.

BTW, Ghosts does have bots.

The system may look beautiful, but games on the original GBA are pretty much unplayable, due to the lack of a backlit screen. I bought an original GBA back in the day, and about 25 games for it. Was so disappointed by the dim, barely viewable screen, I dumped it along with all those original games.

Then Nintendo released the revised GBA SP, with a backlit screen, and the games looked 100 times better! So I bought the SP and re-bought most of those original games, lol.

Still have that SP and all those games, great little handheld. Shame the original GBA was so bad, even in bright light the games looked like trash on it.
lol thats exactly what I used to have and the dim screen was AWFUL! I didnt invest too much into the system just a few games and the light someone else mentioned, so it wasnt too much of a loss. but man, this brings back memories, lol.

Well I ordered a Zelda 3ds for store pick up at best buy and I'll try and price match the 150$ come Sunday , if I get shot down I'll just return it .

Deuterium7 said:
This thread went 12 hours without a post... :shock:
Lol, that's got to be a first. I actually was searching for the new amazon thread, based on a post above mentioning a new thread. I thought this one was closed, turns out just a slow day.

Lol, that's got to be a first. I actually was searching for the new amazon thread, based on a post above mentioning a new thread. I thought this one was closed, turns out just a slow day.
Haha, I thought the exact same thing. I too went in search of a new Amazon thread, and then I got side tracked in other CAG threads I came across, and then things got really dark and twisted...

Phew. I'm glad this thread is still rollin' because I have to admit I was worried. I needed my Monday evening CAG and Amazon PCDD updates. ;)

I guess there's a few mentionable things on sale right now:

Shatter - $2.49

The Bridge - $4.99

Nothing ground breaking, but someone could enjoy those. Perhaps it might even appease that one guy who gets grumpy with the "same old same old" schtick. ;)

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?"

Haha, I thought the exact same thing. I too went in search of a new Amazon thread, and then I got side tracked in other CAG threads I came across, and then things got really dark and twisted...

Phew. I'm glad this thread is still rollin' because I have to admit I was worried. I needed my Monday evening CAG and Amazon PCDD updates. ;)
oh reeally if u join the elite cag chat non of this would happen it all mns fault for not joining what mean squirrell

oh reeally if u join the elite cag chat non of this would happen it all mns fault for not joining what mean squirrell
I know... I know... I had to step away for a few minutes and prep the coffee maker for tomorrow. Nothing's worse than waking up early and not having your morning stimulant ready to go. ;)

I guess everyone was too busy getting their diapers changed.
Ohhh, that's what that smell was! I knew I forgot something. Oh, well. Might as well see how long this puppy can last. Can finally check to see if they are really as absorbent as they say. Never been able to find any of that blue liquid they use in the commercials. Now, yellow on the other hand....

Tony! My wallet's bored. Won't you help???

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money%5B1%5D.gif

Couple of things 

- Is Amazon having  Xmas sale this year? (silly question but i am wondering in terms of when - cant remember last year)

- Whatever happened to that possible maybe bundle with Star Trek for $3.74 ?? (coulda remembered wrong).

Shatter - $2.49

The Bridge - $4.99

Nothing ground breaking, but someone could enjoy those. Perhaps it might even appease that one guy who gets grumpy with the "same old same old" schtick. ;)

Both decent prices, though one has been bundled and the other has been cheaper. Since it's a slow day (night?) I just thought I'd mention I recently played The Bridge and enjoyed it, though it wasn't as good as perhaps it could have been. Certainly worth it for fans of games such as Braid and of course M.C. Escher. It's pretty short though so perhaps waiting for a deeper discount/bundle would be a better idea for those on the fence. Anywho -->Steam Review<-- (that sorta rhymes if you say it right)

I opted to do other crap instead, and besides y u no study? U like the D 2 much, all MysterD fault.

Couple of things

- Is Amazon having Xmas sale this year? (silly question but i am wondering in terms of when - cant remember last year)
- Whatever happened to that possible maybe bundle with Star Trek for $3.74 ?? (coulda remembered wrong).
- Yes.
- That was something we suggested. Tony was planning an Inversion + something bundle that we suggested include Star Trek + that something instead. EDIT: It was "PMCEAYCE, Enslaved, and Inversion for between $4.99 and $7.99"

Both decent prices, though one has been bundled and the other has been cheaper. Since it's a slow day (night?) I just thought I'd mention I recently played The Bridge and enjoyed it, though it wasn't as good as perhaps it could have been. Certainly worth it for fans of games such as Braid and of course M.C. Escher. It's pretty short though so perhaps waiting for a deeper discount/bundle would be a better idea for those on the fence. Anywho -->Steam Review<-- (that sorta rhymes if you say it right)

I opted to do other crap instead, and besides y u no study? U like the D 2 much, all MysterD fault.
sure that finding food nduts to hit me woith

Shatter - $2.49

The Bridge - $4.99

For what it's worth, The Bridge was $3 on the Steam sale and I believe the same price recently on the Humble store.

For what it's worth, The Bridge was $3 on the Steam sale and I believe the same price recently on the Humble store.
Yeah, this is all factually correct and you're right, both Steam and the Humble Store had it for $2.99. I just didn't have anything to really post about at the moment that was fresh. The lull between sales does not offer much to bring up.

I've been wanting to pick up The Bridge, but it looks like it was even cheaper ($1.99) during the Steam Summer Sale in July. I can wait.

The time between the Fall/BF sales and the Winter/Holidays sales seems to go slower than the time between the Winter/Holiday sales and the Summer sales.

Time to back to watching the water for my tea boil.

The time between the Fall/BF sales and the Winter/Holidays sales seems to go slower than the time between the Winter/Holiday sales and the Summer sales.

Not for me. Seems like people start asking about the summer sale in march and then spend all of June and most of July asking "Is it here yet?" "Is it late" bla bla bla.

For the winter sale, we pretty much know it's a week before Christmas and a week after and then we have Halloween and Black Friday to hold us tight so it flies by to me.

People say Target won't let you and you can only get the price if it's actually on the shelf (or at least in stock somewhere). 

So people are just ordering from BestBuy for store pickup to try to price match  (if they even can) the day this goes live when they go to pick it up? 

edit:mad:uDarth
http://m.target.com/fiats-results/t-14951522?zipCode=94577&city=&state=CA&errorPage=fiats

Huh, looks like my local Target has some in stock. Maybe I can get one during this sale if that happens, but I'm not expecting it.

anyone know if i can just buy this at target now since my store says they have it in stock and then return it/rebuy it???
It's against Corporate rules to do that, so it's very YMMV. The item will be at customer service until the Electronics department has time to put it back on the shelf. That time varies depending on the traffic in the store. Furthermore, if the employee putting the item back decides to purchase it for him/herself it may never make it back to the shelf...

So, again all YMMV.

it cause we know dates while summer sale we shouldd know datees but it not leaked lol why u do this steam amazon gmg and neuro hhh and mns lol or we all zombies maybe u should chat

It's against Corporate rules to do that, so it's very YMMV. The item will be at customer service until the Electronics department has time to put it back on the shelf. That time varies depending on the traffic in the store. Furthermore, if the employee putting the item back decides to purchase it for him/herself it may never make it back to the shelf...

So, again all YMMV.
Maybe you could return it right as the store closes and return when it opens the next day. On black friday I returned a few at 2:30 am and rebought them at about 3:20 am when they took them out to reshelve.

The only thing that next gen brings to ghosts is ground war (9v9) compared to the current gen limit of 6v6.

Besides that it is obviously made for current gen and "upgraded" to next gen. Personally if I got a next gen console BF4 would be my go to game even though I've chosen CoD for the last 4-5 iterations. The limit on the BF games of players was to low for as large of maps as they have. Next gen fixes this (some).

Is there a limit on post-purchase PM?  I'm wondering if I should PM BB's price today of 199.99 to at least get $20 back, then if the Zelda system is included in this 149.99 sale go back and PM again for another $50.  Is that allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back