Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!

Good news, Thursday kicks off Bethesda week. We'll be running the following deals (highlighting the exciting ones):

12/12-12/13:

Skyrim - $7.49

Skyrim Legendary - $20.39

Morrowind GOTY - $4.99

Oblivion GOTY - $4.99

Oblivion GOTY Deluxe - $6.25

Doom 3 BFG Edition - $4.99

12/14-12/15 -

Dishonored - $4.99

Dishonored GOTY - $13.59

I'm also working on a bundle that I think would be pretty slick, no official word back yet on that though.

Cheers,
Tony
I already own Dishonored base game + Skyrim base game.

I need some ALL DLC sales on those!

EDIT:
$5 Dishonored GOTY or bust.
Since I only need all of the DLC's - yep.

EDIT 2:

Have fun w/dat
Hey, Dishonored GOTY did glitch once on Steam at like $3.xx. ;)

I hardly doubt that target is going to include the special editions like Zelda or Mario & Luigi on this deal, but i'll have a look see when the time comes. My guess is that it's just for standard 3DSXL.
I can see the Mario & Luigi bundle counting since the MSRP is also $199 and that's the only detail the ad mentions.

I would like Dishonored GOTY for $5 as well Mooby.  However, we may have to wait until Winter sale 2014.  With my backlog, I might wait.  Then again, if I see it for $10, I night bite, especially if Tony puts it on sale after the start of the year with the $5 promo to go with it. hint. hint.

Mooby, I for one like that you wear your hat all the time.  You are consistent with your expectations and responses.  thank you

Wow, I'm very surprised Bethesda is finally on board with Amazon digital. Hopefully they'll bring over more titles in the future.
Yeah I was wondering if that was the inaugural batch of Bethesda titles on sale, because no one commented on that aspect. Kinda lost currency with the Amazon thread after the CAG upgrade.

In the tradition of this thread, I'll derail it even further.

Crusader Kings II: E2FIB-WJX3P-RW$$$

MysterD has a number in his profile (in the form of a hashtag). Take out the "1" and replace $$$ with the remaining digits in order.

I agree that Call of Duty Ghosts is terrible. Traded it to a buddy for Dead Rising 3. He said I ripped him off. He's correct.
Thanks for the laugh, I haven't given enough playtime in MP to give it a full fail but TDM is shit. You should have told your friend, that you could have let him buy it instead.

In the tradition of this thread, I'll derail it even further.

Crusader Kings II: E2FIB-WJX3P-RW$$$

MysterD has a number in his profile (in the form of a hashtag). Take out the "1" and replace $$$ with the remaining digits in order.
Greatly appreciated. :)

In keeping with MysterD's profile (and as it's my only unused key at the moment) # = Last capitalized letter in previously mentioned hashtags, ? = Thousands of posts (rounded down) by MysterD. - Hopefully someone can make use of it.

Bioshock (1) - XKHMN-MP4WX-B#DD?

I got the M/L edition from walmart and have already got th $20 BestBuy price match.  Hopefully I can get the target price match next week, but may be too far from a walmart.

Last edited:
Greatly appreciated. :)

In keeping with MysterD's profile (and as it's my only unused key at the moment) # = Last capitalized letter in previously mentioned hashtags, ? = Thousands of posts (rounded down) by MysterD. - Hopefully someone can make use of it.

Bioshock (1) - XKHMN-MP4WX-B#DD?
Holy moley, almost 20 minutes later and still no takers - I think we may have hit on a lurker proof method!

Thanks dude, I did not have BS1 on Steam!

FYI, the missing characters were C & 8.

I got the M/L edition from walmart and have already got th $20 BestBuy price match. Hopefully I can get the target price match next week, but may be too far from a walmart.
I got the M/L edition from BB today for $180 and pretty confident they will PM Target for $150 since I've dealt with them before and the ad only mentions the MSRP of $199 which the M/L edition is.

I got the M/L edition from BB today for $180 and pretty confident they will PM Target for $150 since I've dealt with them before and the ad only mentions the MSRP of $199 which the M/L edition is.
Only problem with price match at best buy now is they will only return and resell. They don't just do the difference anymore. I don't understand the hassle they still essentially doin it.

[quote name="asheskitty" post="11338116" timestamp="1386718495"]What we've got here is failure to communicate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Boston_(CA-69)

Probably a Navy Vet. Didja notice any Navy or vet stickers on the car? (or military base stickers). Would the driver have been old enough to have served on it? (at least 60 years old, decomissioned in '75)

OMG sush you! ;)[/quote]

He looked like a 20-something. But I couldn't catch back up to him. And I didn't notice any military decals or anything, though I wasn't looking for them. Interesting read about the cruiser.

Um, that's not my experience and I've done a couple price matches in the past week.
That's great. They changed their policies awhile ago and unless you silver elite you only have 15 days to return and they are only supposed to pm the day of purchase to other retailers or 15 days to their own lower price.

That's great. They changed their policies awhile ago and unless you silver elite you only have 15 days to return and they are only supposed to pm the day of purchase to other retailers or 15 days to their own lower price.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. However, there is currently a Holiday "Low Price Guarantee" promo that allows post price matching to competitors till 12/24. My comment was mostly about the method (i.e. return/re-buy) you described, which has not been my experience.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. However, there is currently a Holiday "Low Price Guarantee" promo that allows post price matching to competitors till 12/24. My comment was mostly about the method (i.e. return/re-buy) you described, which has not been my experience.
Well thanks for that info! I was not aware that's how that worked. My bb has the zelda bundle in stock. If there was confirmation of the Zelda bundle being included id buy now and attempt pm later

Are we doing giveaways? I love these! 

First person to PM me for each of the following can have it. If you PM me and someone has already claimed the game, I'll add you to a "wait list" to have first dibs on any other games I give in the future. (In order of first PM)

Let's try to keep this civilized, y'all

Claimed:
Rush Bros.
From Dust
GRID 2
Hero Academy
Cities in Motion 2

Who's That Flying

Anomaly 2

Influx

Gun Monkeys

Tropico Trilogy

Defense Grid Gold

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome

Sanctum

Really Big Sky

First person to PM me for each of the following can have it. If you PM me and someone has already claimed the game, I'll add you to a "wait list" to have first dibs on any other games I give in the future. (In order of first PM)

Diehard Dungeon
Doom & Destiny
Fibrillation
Oniken
GRID 2
Who's That Flying
Defense Grid Gold
Shatter
Closure
Jamestown
Space Pirates and Zombies
Natural Selection 2
Sanctum 2
Serious Sam 3
Faerie Solitaire
Knytt Underground
Really Big Sky
NightSky
Sanctum
Cities in Motion 2
MacGuffin's Curse
Tropico Trilogy (1, 2, 3, 3: Absolute Power)
Batman Arkham City
Rush
Anomaly 2
COGS
From Dust
Gun Monkeys
Hero Academy
Influx
Serious Sam 3
Starvoid
Zen Bound 2

Rush Bros.
barack-obama-not-bad-face-32.jpeg

Diehard Dungeon
Doom & Destiny
Fibrillation
Oniken
Defense Grid Gold
Shatter
Closure
Jamestown
Space Pirates and Zombies
Natural Selection 2
Sanctum 2
Serious Sam 3
Faerie Solitaire
Knytt Underground
Really Big Sky
NightSky
Sanctum
MacGuffin's Curse
Tropico Trilogy (1, 2, 3, 3: Absolute Power)
Batman Arkham City
Rush
COGS
Serious Sam 3
Starvoid
Zen Bound 2

Claimed:
Rush Bros.
From Dust
GRID 2
Hero Academy
Cities in Motion 2

Who's That Flying

Anomaly 2

Influx

Gun Monkeys
I feel like it's getting to the point where "wait for a bundle" is going to become "wait for an ln drop"

Cheers to LN3000 for the mega-giveaway and thanks for Cim2! 

keeping the good karma going ...

Greed Corp (Steam) 4AIMK-6MAKF-FKBY2

Thanks for Influx. BTW, I put a curse on whoever took From Dust.

Whew, you guys pounced harder than I expected. 

I need to take a break and get some real work done. (I do have a job, believe it or not). 

I'll catch up on any other PMs in a half-hour or so. 

Ah, balls. I missed the three that I was most interested in Influx, Anomaly 2, and Who's That Flying. :whistle2:(

Most disappointed that I missed Influx since I didn't realise that it was that game straight away.

Hey Tony,

I was wondering why the $30 off 2k Games that I got when I purchased Bioshock Infinite doesn't apply to the GOTY edition of Borderlands 2 for PC download. The email that came with the coupon said "Thank you for pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite PC Download from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $30 credit good towards 2K Digital Video Games on Amazon.com excluding pre-orders and the Bioshock Season Pass." So to me, this means it should cover this item. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

He probably just hasn't added it to the "eligibility" list yet, since it only became eligible a month or so after the GOTY edition was released. I'm sure he'll add it after he reads, (or, conversely, tells you why it won't be eligible) :p

And to the people who left "feedback" on my profile, that is very much appreciated! I don't think that's what the feedback is meant for, but hey I still love you, and thank you.

Woah! The Great LN3000 Steam key drop of December 10th, 2013... simply amazing as usual. :applause:

Damn, I sure picked the wrong time to go play Bad Rats. And by Bad Rats I mean paying bills. And by paying bills I realize I buy too many games.

Not only were you guys feeding the troll, you missed the "joke".  Ah, well.  

Tony - I understand this is the first major Bethesda Amazon DVG sale so I don't want to sound ungrateful, but Gamefly had a lot of those prices a couple weeks ago + 20% off which knocked it down more.  Dishonored GOTY was $10.xx, so it's not really enough to get me to bite.  

I do want to say keep up the good work though!  Picked up plenty during the BF sales!

You can always buy now, pm later, and if it isn't in the target sale, return. Unless you are worried about getting flagged or don't think it is worth the effort.

One thing that's not listed in the OP is the Elite Pulse headset for $125, and in the Gamer Magazine, there's a coupon for $30 off, making it $95

edit: doh, the coupon might be for the older headset , not the elit. im not sure
my coupon links to the Elite online

EDIT: and the code works for it

Claimed:
Rush Bros.
From Dust
GRID 2
Hero Academy
Cities in Motion 2
Who's That Flying
Anomaly 2
Influx
Gun Monkeys
Tropico Trilogy
Defense Grid Gold
Sanctum
Really Big Sky
suck a duck!!! i missed an opportunity for Grid 2 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

stupid body needing sleep...

nice giveaway :)

EDIT: got one from walkonshadows. thanks!!!

He probably just hasn't added it to the "eligibility" list yet, since it only became eligible a month or so after the GOTY edition was released. I'm sure he'll add it after he reads, (or, conversely, tells you why it won't be eligible) :p

And to the people who left "feedback" on my profile, that is very much appreciated! I don't think that's what the feedback is meant for, but hey I still love you, and thank you.
Yeah, they shouldn't be leaving feedback. You're not supposed to for free stuff, it's against the rules.

I see the Zelda 3DS XL mentioned a lot throughout the thread, has it been confirmed that this will be part of the $149.99 sale.
I don't think people will know until people try. I really doubt it myself.

Can anyone post the inventory checker for Zelda, I cant seem to find it.... sorry and thanks
Tracker. Replace zipcode.
http://m.target.com/fiats-results/t-14951522?zipCode=94577&city=&state=CA&errorPage=fiats

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back