Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you can only price match at time of purchase? Would you just return and rebuy?
Best Buy has holiday PMing ATM after purchasing whether they are the ones that drop the price or competitors. I think it lasts until Christmas...

My sister said she saw 3DS XLs at target for $150 already this past weekend...not sure what's up with that...
Yea, it was $150 for BF weekend. I think it was Walmart but it could have been one of the other big retailers. I know that target did have $150 for the Zelda one though.

My 3DS just died so would people recommend getting the 3DS XL instead of paying 100 to repair it and can I transfer my ambassador downloads to the new 3DS?

My 3DS just died so would people recommend getting the 3DS XL instead of paying 100 to repair it and can I transfer my ambassador downloads to the new 3DS?
No way should you pay $100 to fix an old Vita, just get a new XL for $150. As for transferring the games, I think you need both systems up and running to do that yourself; otherwise you'd need to call Nintendo. They're so behind the times when it comes to that, Sony and MS just let you do it yourself.

Yeah, your situation seems unlucky. Sucks that it died, and your games are probably dead with it. Nintendo might be able to transfer if you send in both of your 3DS, but I don't know how they operate. I suggest to call Nintendo and see what they say.

Tony,

Any Bathesda DLC bundles?
I've suggested a few, no confirmation yet.

Where's my $2.49 Call of Cthulhu? This is sad, at first I couldn't spell Cthulhu, but I've searched for deals on it so many times that I learned how to type it correctly.
I've suggested that it is included in some of my bundle suggestions.

Any Bethesda DLC planned for sale? I'm specifically looking for Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches.
Yep, the Dishonored DLC will be 33% off, we'll have a period with Skyrim DLC at 50% off and 50% off the Fall Out 3 DLC as well.

Oh, good, I'll be able to celebrate my inevitably mediocre finals scores with Doom! :lol:

And I assume this bundle is of Bethesda titles as well? Cthulhu, Dishonored GOTY, Doom, and... Idc what else. I already own the fallout/scrolls titles, so at least the mentioned titles for, oh... $10, and I'm in :D
I've suggested like 10 bundles to Bethesda for December, unfortunately we didn't have enough lead time to get any created for tomorrow's sale but we're shooting for the Holiday Sale starting next week.

I'd love to see Bethesda's Hunted: The Demon's Forge included in a sale!

It very rarely sees much of a discount and it has haunted my wishlist for years.
I've added this to a smaller game bundle suggestion. I'll also suggest an a la carte discount.

Can't wait for the bundle. hopefully there'll be a chance to pick up some of the older titles in a bundle by themselves without having the newer ones raising the price - say a fallout bundle or something.
I suggested a bunch of bundles, some of which are newer games, some are 2 game bundles, and a couple are older game bundles.

Cheers,

Tony

Oh sorry, also, for those asking about, Borderlands GOTY we're adding it to the benefit set for that promotion now, it should be usable in a few hours.

Also,

I woke up this morning and my roommates decorated my house to look like a giant santa's workshop...I'll post pictures shortly. Paddington also rocked some antlers with bells on them all night.

Looking forward to the holidays!

Cheers,

Tony

Hey Tony, when you are discussing deals with whomever you negotiate with can you iterate (or reiterate as the case may be) that: if a game has a GOTY, "Legendary", "Platinum", "Whatever" edition and that collection goes on sale, the DLC within that collection should have the same discount when bought a la carte, or an ability to upgrade at a proportional discounted price to the all-inclusive version.

The reason being that if I am an early supporter of their game and have bought individual pieces of the game I shouldn't feel that I am now being abused by the publisher by being price gouged for the remaining items of their games when compared to the buyers who wait for the discounted GOTY/whatever version. The publishers should want to reward their early supporters in addition to selling new copies. My $.02. :)

Hey guys,

Question,

What do you think about $2 Aliens: Colonial Marines? I'm pitching it and think I've got traction but I don't want to make a big deal out of it if you guys think there isn't enough interest to merit a big push.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony

Hey guys,

Question,

What do you think about $2 Aliens: Colonial Marines? I'm pitching it and think I've got traction but I don't want to make a big deal out of it if you guys think there isn't enough interest to merit a big push.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
Ugh, I shouldn't, but I will likely buy it at that price.

Curse you Tony, making me buy bad games again :bomb:

Hey guys,

Question,

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony
Not to be overly harsh on the game, but I'm honestly not sure I'd even take it if it were free. I've just heard too many horrible things about the game.

Hey guys,

Question,

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
No, but only because I refuse to spend any money on that game

I'm willing to bet you'd actually get a lot of sales w/that though

Hey guys,

Question,

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
I think it makes me feel bad for spending more than $2 on my copy.

And for everyone else...before you hop on the popular A:CM sux train, it's a decent game. It does have questionable AI at times and some of the voice acting is sub par, but it is a solid FPS. No, it doesn't quite look like the preview that was released and no it doesn't live up to the mountain of hype that preceded it from hardcore fans, but at anything <$5, you can't go wrong IMO.

$2?  Jeez, even I might have to buy it for that.  Er... maybe not.  That's Sega, right?  Maybe bundle it with stuff like Hell Yeah, Binary Domain, etc?  Or put it on the EC list for $5. :whistle2:

Hey Tony,

Thanks for all the updates!  I'm not interested in any of the Bethesda games except perhaps some discounted DLC, but I'm glad nonetheless that Amazon is now in cahoots with such a great publisher :)

Also... any news on that Enslaved bundle? :)

Also Tony,

The Amalur auction is apparently being held today via phone.  As soon as it's over get on the phone with whatever publisher wins and get 'dem Steam key editions for Amazon!

Hey guys,

Question,

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
If i did not already own it, Id buy that at $2 for sure. There will be A:CM haters out who would downright refuse to buy it. However, $2 is super cheap for a game some may buy just to backlog it for a later date,

I myself need some super cheap DLC for it, if you can make that happen?!

Hey guys,

Question,

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
Make it $5 in January and put it on the EC list. I probably don't need to suggest this, I bet it'll happen anyway.

wel mns i like ur thingy but im quota full fucking quotas jackass quotas blame neuro still waitign for alien rage unlimited and transofrmer bundle tony heh

Hey guys,

Question,

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
base game only, or some discounted DLC as well?.........................either way, I'm in. :)

I love you.

Cheers,

Tony
And Tony, this time after you call up the new IP owners - please don't skimp on the fruit basket and the flowers. Hell, end the call with hugs and kisses or something...

re aliens - are you pitching a price for a version with the DLCs included as well? I think having a 2.99 or something with the single player DLCs thrown in would be much more appealing to folks. And since the word's already out on the street about the dead multiplayer, having a much higher price with all of the DLC's isn't probably going to sway any buyers.

Hey guys,

Question,

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
That's just cheap enough to justify a purchase even by those that think they don't like it but haven't actually played.

Tony, I'll buy two copies of Colonial Marines if it drops to $2.

My friend talked me into picking up Star Trek in the last sale and despite it being the buggiest game I've ever played, we're still having a lot of fun with the co-op.  Based on that experience, I'm willing to take a similar chance on Aliens: CM (but only at $4 or less).

Amalur Steam key would be great! Please make it happen!! =D

Looking forward to the Bethesda Bundle next week. I still need both the Fall out title on PC. Looking forward to running them with mods hehe

Tony,

I would love, LOVE if you guys bundled the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 with a nice steaming discount.  And steam keys.

I might even rub your shoulders with somebody else's hands.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The remaining bits and bytes of defunct Providence videogame company 38 Studios were set to be sold off Wednesday during a private auction overseen by a California-based business liquidation service.
It's unclear at this point how much money the auction yielded. The Rhode Island lawyer in charge of the auction, Richard Land, said it will be Thursday or Friday before he would make an announcement regarding the sale that concluded at noon today.
http://www.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/content/20131211-auction-held-for-38-studios-intellectual-property.ece

They said about two dozen parties expressed interest, no idea how many actually put in bids.

Yeah, your situation seems unlucky. Sucks that it died, and your games are probably dead with it. Nintendo might be able to transfer if you send in both of your 3DS, but I don't know how they operate. I suggest to call Nintendo and see what they say.
Yeah he is likely out of the games, he would have to pay for his 3DS to get fixed in order to transfer them.

If I was him I would see the 3DS on ebay, get $50, and go buy the XL for $150. If you do sell it on ebay inform that it is broken but that it does have ambassador status, you will get more.

I would give you my ambassador games but obviously thats impossible. I never play mine, I beat all them enough on the Gameboy Advance back in the day. Especially Metroid fusion, I beat that game in every possible way, so many times.

Hey guys,

Question,

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
@Tony

Ummmm - Will it come w/ Season Pass + ALL of the DLC?

From reviews and what we know of the supposed disaster - shouldn't we be paid to more or less Beta-test Alien: CM, even if its kinda old by now? ;)

Oh, also - if we buy Aliens: CM, will we wind-up w/ an EC Coupon for that upcoming sale in Jan 2014?

EDIT:

@Beckett

Tony, I'll buy two copies of Colonial Marines if it drops to $2.

My friend talked me into picking up Star Trek in the last sale and despite it being the buggiest game I've ever played, we're still having a lot of fun with the co-op. Based on that experience, I'm willing to take a similar chance on Aliens: CM (but only at $4 or less).
Wait - is Star Trek game's buggier than Morrowind version 1.0; Daggerfall; and Gothic 3 unpatched?

Tony,

I would love, LOVE if you guys bundled the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 with a nice steaming discount. And steam keys.

I might even rub your shoulders with somebody else's hands.
Why would you possibly want the enhanced editions when they're nowhere near as good as the originals modded?

Why would you possibly want the enhanced editions when they're nowhere near as good as the originals modded?
I have the originals but I hate carrying the discs around. And the CD-Rom version of the first game is a major pain in the ass. It is three discs and you are CONSTANTLY having to swap them in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back