Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
This, the dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection on GG has gone on sale many times for ~5-6 already. GOG has been close to their price once in a collection I think. Cheapest way to get them for sure, and they're even the same versions as the GOG ones, they just changed the installers a bit so it doesn't have GOG in them.

That's assuming you wouldn't want to buy the remake.

That said, if any point is likely to see a similar price from GOG for a similar collection, it's the Xmas sale that's coming soon, so keep an eye out for that. If history repeats they'll have one grand blowout day early in the sale (right before the Steam sale starts) where they simply post every package they're going to have throughout the rest of the sale. (makes the rest of the sale rather boring so I'd personally hope they'd stop doing that but still)
Might keep an eye on this to get digital versions of Icewind Dales and ToEE. Between BG 1 and 2 and the Icewind Dales...if I can get those digital the only physical discs I would still have need for are Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne.

And for those seeing reviews for BG 1 and 2 and thinking about skipping the first one and going straight to the second game, I would highly suggest you play the first one. You only make one of the characters in your party but if you play the first one and transfer your character to the second one, you will definitely be higher level, have better gear, and have a much better understanding of the story and know about the other characters in your party. Plus if you never played them and aren't familiar with 2nd Edition AD&D rules, you will REALLY want to ease in to the spellcasting because it can be a steep learning curve for some.

I know many of you have already played both but for those who haven't...

Hey guys,

Question,

What do you think about $2 Aliens: Colonial Marines? I'm pitching it and think I've got traction but I don't want to make a big deal out of it if you guys think there isn't enough interest to merit a big push.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony
For $2, yeah, I wouldn't be able to resist adding that to my collection.

A pitty that Dawnguard and Hearthfire aren't 75% off as well. Maybe I would bite.

We need a DLC pack for Skyrim with a huge discount :D

I agree with a DLC pack.  That would be perfect for so many people I think.  Not sure why the Legendary Edition has been cheaper than buying just the DLC separate recently.

I agree with a DLC pack. That would be perfect for so many people I think. Not sure why the Legendary Edition has been cheaper than buying just the DLC separate recently.
I can't help but think it's because Bethesda thinks that they can make more money that way.

I can't help but think it's because Bethesda thinks that they can make more money that way.
Selling loose DLC/Expansions, or even games in a series for top notch and then instead of going deep sale skipping to a 'Full edition' for people to buy has been used to keep prices up by many devs lately, it's annoying indeed.

Might keep an eye on this to get digital versions of Icewind Dales and ToEE. Between BG 1 and 2 and the Icewind Dales...if I can get those digital the only physical discs I would still have need for are Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne.

And for those seeing reviews for BG 1 and 2 and thinking about skipping the first one and going straight to the second game, I would highly suggest you play the first one. You only make one of the characters in your party but if you play the first one and transfer your character to the second one, you will definitely be higher level, have better gear, and have a much better understanding of the story and know about the other characters in your party. Plus if you never played them and aren't familiar with 2nd Edition AD&D rules, you will REALLY want to ease in to the spellcasting because it can be a steep learning curve for some.

I know many of you have already played both but for those who haven't...
Also, it's just well worth playing. I still need to play BG2, but I'm excited, seeing as how as good as BG1 was, everybody seems to think BG2 takes a poop all over it. BG1 I found to be entirely more engaging than Dragon Age (which is essentially a modern baldur's gate).

Dragonborn for Skyrim is only 4.99 right now. I think that is the lowest it has ever been.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GXHJJWE
Is this a glitch? I had to grab it at this price, because I've been waiting on 75% on Dawnguard and Dragonborn. I'm turning my full attention to the main quest in Skyrim now so I expect in a few weeks I'll be ready for expansion content. But I'm not sure whether I really want Dawnguard anyway--from everything I've read, Dragonborn is a much better expansion.

Is this a glitch? I had to grab it at this price, because I've been waiting on 75% on Dawnguard and Dragonborn. I'm turning my full attention to the main quest in Skyrim now so I expect in a few weeks I'll be ready for expansion content. But I'm not sure whether I really want Dawnguard anyway--from everything I've read, Dragonborn is a much better expansion.
I'll mention this...if you intend to try out some of the more recent mods (which you should), a lot of them require assets from both Dragonborn and Dawnguard (and sometimes even Hearthfire). I actually preffered Dawnguard over Dragonborn, but that is likely because I didn't find Solstheim as gratifying as others.

I'll mention this...if you intend to try out some of the more recent mods (which you should), a lot of them require assets from both Dragonborn and Dawnguard (and sometimes even Hearthfire). I actually preffered Dawnguard over Dragonborn, but that is likely because I didn't find Solstheim as gratifying as others.
Yeah, a lot of people say Dawnguard doesn't add as much, but I probably really do want both. I just don't want to pay only 50% off. :pray:

What mods do you recommend? I've just been using the unofficial patches. I think I have "Interesting NPCs" installed but I'm not sure I notice a difference between this and vanilla if so.

or perhaps it's just your subconscious making that connection. But above all, correlation =/= causation ;)
I've always been curious about your user pic, I can see that's majora's mask in thurr (i love zelda, good choice) but what's going on in the rest of the pic? It's a bit too small for me to make out

Yeah, a lot of people say Dawnguard doesn't add as much, but I probably really do want both. I just don't want to pay only 50% off. :pray:

What mods do you recommend? I've just been using the unofficial patches. I think I have "Interesting NPCs" installed but I'm not sure I notice a difference between this and vanilla if so.
I too would be interested in hearing some highly recommended mods. I bought Skyrim for PC over the summer and loaded some graphics mods and such, but having already played through the game on console for the second time just over the winter last year, i figured i'd wait a bit before having another run

Tony,

For that Sega bundle I was suggesting for Colonial Marines... I forgot about Typing of the Dead! So like Colonial Marines, Typing of the Dead, Hell Yeah, and Binary Domain for... $15... $12... $10... $10 on EC list.
Get Alpha Protocol in there as well. And lose Hell Yeah...who doesn't have that by now? (although I think I sold my copy)

It's according to what you're after really. I started out with the unofficial patchs, moved into some graphics mods, then some follower mods, then some player homes, then some overhauls, then some...then some...then some... Some mods I currently use (out of 122):

SkyUI

RaceMenu

iHUD

A Quality World Map

ACE Combat Skills

ApachiiSkyHair

Better Vampires

Better Magic

Deadly Dragons

Heart of the Beast

Predator Vision

Project Reality

Pure Waters

Realistic Lighting Overhaul

Ultimate Follower Overhaul

I think I may do a fresh install with SkyRe instead of ACE. I have about 600 hours in vanilla Skyrim, around 450 with ACE, so I think a freshening is in order. Part of the fun of mods is that it becomes a game in itself. Like making the character you want, you can make the game the way you want it.

Damn it, now I want to play Skyrim.

Anyone have any indication on TIV for next week?  Trying to figure out if I should trade now or wait; this would be especially relevant if the 100%  bonus comes back next week.

I'll also join the $2 crowd due to the $5 I'll get back in under a month.

Bundle it with some of the indie joke games we've had in this thread and make it $5! We can unofficially call it the bundle of crap.

It's according to what you're after really. I started out with the unofficial patchs, moved into some graphics mods, then some follower mods, then some player homes, then some overhauls, then some...then some...then some... Some mods I currently use (out of 122):

<snip>

I think I may do a fresh install with SkyRe instead of ACE. I have about 600 hours in vanilla Skyrim, around 450 with ACE, so I think a freshening is in order. Part of the fun of mods is that it becomes a game in itself. Like making the character you want, you can make the game the way you want it.

Hm. Might experiment with that vampire one if/when I get Dawnguard. I just can't see putting as many hours into Skyrim as some of y'all do. I'm probably going to play through most of the major quest content and call it a day. Too many other things backlogged.

This kinda lost me when it mentioned explosives...i hope they don't mean bombs and stuff...dunt wunt dat in my elder scrolls

This kinda lost me when it mentioned explosives...i hope they don't mean bombs and stuff...dunt wunt dat in my elder scrolls
It's primarily arrows and bolts, but I think stickies can be crafted as well. I think it's fairly lore friendly. Dawnguard on its own adds explosive elemental bolts.

So these $5 credits I have apparently been earning...if I understand correctly, they may be applied (but not stacked) to the 2013 editor's choice list to be released in January?

Based on past experience, are the editor's choice games also on sale for good prices while the promo credit can be used? Or will it be $5 off the normal price?

Hey guys,

Just an update, we had an issue with communicating the list price for Dishonored so our $4.99 pricepoint was incorrect, it will be $7.49 in a couple of days.

I put this in the OP too, sorry for the miscommunication.

Going back through posts today to find questions.

Cheers,
Tony

not sure if i want to just go ahead and grab Skyrim or wait until the steam sale.... Already beat it and have almost every achievement on 360 so just wanted the vanilla version for now.

Great Deals Tony !

I envision some CAGers will come down with the same syndrome I've currently had for the last year: Skyrim, aka gamer's crack.

I used to be like one of you, buy cheap games just for the sake of being cheap. Then I bought Skyrim........ CAG disease cured :D

SO YES, BUY SKYRIM AND ALL BESTHEDA GAMES NAOUGH!!! DEW IT!

**EDIT**

YES!

If you plan on using mods, then you NEED the DLC. It's amazing how many people I've come across that buy vanilla Skyrim so they can use mods, and then get peeved when they find out many of the great mods require the DLC. Why do they require DLC? Because the DLC adds cool modding assets for mod creators to use.

For example, I'm working on a mod, and after much deliberation with myself, I have decided to require Hearthfires DLC for my mod. The DLC does NOT prevent you from using any mod; but not having the DLC will prevent you.

Great Deals Tony !

I envision some CAGers will come down with the same syndrome I've currently had for the last year: Skyrim, aka gamer's crack.

I used to be like one of you, buy cheap games just for the sake of being cheap. Then I bought Skyrim........ CAG disease cured :D

SO YES, BUY SKYRIM AND ALL BESTHEDA GAMES NAOUGH!!! DEW IT!
I used to be a CAGer like you, then I took an arrow to the...

sorry I had to do it. I won't finish that.

Just went ahead and got them individually. Tried to activate on steam and turns out I already had them. Doh.

No fault of amazon but if you have Skyrim on steam, go ahead and launch it and click data files on the launcher to see if you already have them! 

Oh well, I'll keep the keys for a contest or something.

Hey guys,

Just an update, we had an issue with communicating the list price for Dishonored so our $4.99 pricepoint was incorrect, it will be $7.49 in a couple of days.

I put this in the OP too, sorry for the miscommunication.

Going back through posts today to find questions.

Cheers,
Tony
hey tony any chance u can get future transformer fall for cyberton bundle in the future like this holiday ?

I've always been curious about your user pic, I can see that's majora's mask in thurr (i love zelda, good choice) but what's going on in the rest of the pic? It's a bit too small for me to make out
It's from Animal Crossing, the little guy at the bottom is a pidgin(?) that occasionally washes up on the beach. I'm assuming there is a Majora's Mask mask that you can find/buy, but I've never seen it personally (though who's actually seen everything in Animal Crossing?).

I think my post is too far back to expect an answer, so Tony, can we get a sale on Sega Genesis Pack for STEAM for the same or similar price it once was? It was $5 on sale, I think, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back