Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
will bestbuy pricematch this? i have a gift card there from selling my ps3 lol.
Definitely for the basic models and maybe for the bundled models. I'm going to try to price match M&L bundle since it's MSRP is also $199 and that's the only specification the Target ad mentions.

Just take note that the game has hardware-based limited activations drm.

For the Android users, Game Dev Story is free on Amazon for the next 24 hours. The game is quite similar to Game Dev Tycoon that is on Steam so you may want to give it a try.
Well, it's similar to Game Dev Tycoon, because Game Dev Tycoon is essentially a spiritual remake (many people claim rip-off) of Game Dev Story.

Is Skyrim Legendary for $20 worth it considering it was available in the Anthology over parts of BF weekend for around $25?  I am not a huge fan of the series, last time I played one was oblivion briefly which I felt kind of meh about.

Is Skyrim Legendary for $20 worth it considering it was available in the Anthology over parts of BF weekend for around $25? I am not a huge fan of the series, last time I played one was oblivion briefly which I felt kind of meh about.
The Anthology was a better deal in that it included more for the money, but if all the extras don't matter to you, get what you want for cheaper.

Looks like Dragonborn is out of keys
Working on it.

Another one here with the spectromancer issue, did not get the other 2 dlc's

Damn. Missed Dragonborn.
We should have keys today, so hopefully we can get the buy box back up today before the sale period ends.

Aww sorry. And weird still $5, just unavailable.
Working on it.

Hi Tony,

Any chance Dragonborn DLC will become available again before the deal expires?
Working on it.

I knew I probably should have checked the thread before buying it. I noticed it on Amazon, clicked "buy" and was a little surprised by what I received. The description, of course, is correct, but the title is very wrong.

Any update about this sale? There is a download only version that's $1.99 and includes those 3 dlc. http://www.amazon.com/Spectromancer-League-Heroes-Gathering-Download/dp/B00A6EEUZQ

I hope we get a steam version of that bundle.

And to those who care, according to ES, Spectromancer have a 3rd party drm.

3rd-party DRM: Activation code
Renewal on request, 5 machine activation limit

For the Android users, Game Dev Story is free on Amazon for the next 24 hours. The game is quite similar to Game Dev Tycoon that is on Steam so you may want to give it a try.

Thanks for the heads-up. I almost pulled the trigger on this. Propriety hardware-based drm is an immediate deal-breaker for me no matter how cheap the game gets. Sighs, still don't understand why devs still insist on these additional 3rd party DRMs on top when everyone is perfectly content with steam's these days.

It is more condemning when a quick search shows that they kept this fact hidden on their steam page until folks raised a fuss about it.
Hey guys,

This is for everyone confused about Spectromancer. Our bundle has all the content, Steam just displays it very weirdly.

I personally bought the title this morning, installed it, and played for a few minutes, both League of Power and Truth&Beauty are active in the game, they just don't show up as DLC in Steam for some reason. The developer's explanation for this is that he included them in the key for Gathering of Power.

Sorry for the confusion, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys,

This is for everyone confused about Spectromancer. Our bundle has all the content, Steam just displays it very weirdly.

I personally bought the title this morning, installed it, and played for a few minutes, both League of Power and Truth&Beauty are active in the game, they just don't show up as DLC in Steam for some reason. The developer's explanation for this is that he included them in the key for Gathering of Power.

Sorry for the confusion, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Tony
You sure League of Power/Truth & Beauty aren't demos? The dev said there's a demo for LoP in the game, not sure about Truth & Beauty.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/22500/discussions/0/864957182663559985/

Amalur update:

Over twenty interested parties signed
Confidentiality Agreements and conducted their due diligence of the assets.
Five parties actively participated in the auction conference call and as a result of
competitive bidding, two lots were sold: a lot consisting of the Rise of Nations
and Rise of Legends games and associated intellectual property, and a lot
consisting of the trademark For Big Huge Games. The gross proceeds of these
sales totaled $320,000.00. The Receiver did not receive acceptable offers for
the remaining lots, including Project Copernicus, 38 Studios' in development
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, and Helios, 38 Studios'
integrated social media and gaming platform.
The Receiver intends to continue
to engage in negotiations with interested parties to sell the remaining assets.
Hah, something tells me the state overvalues what Amalur is worth. Welp, zero hope the Steam version of this game goes up for sale this Holiday season or the foreseeable future. Maybe it's worth a call to Richard Land again and see if he wants to fatten the state's pocket a few tens of thousands by getting Amazon Steam keys but... probably not. They seem to think some major publisher is going to come swooping in with $10 million.

Still not announced who bought Rise Nations/Legends.

I will say that Google Image Search turns up some rather .... titillating results. :oops:
Google image search has been rather bizarrely hilarious lately. For instance googling MysterD's previous avatar while making the Christmas ones.

It makes no sense, and yet complete sense (I'll leave the googling to you) ;)

I just checked again, they look like full content. Thanks for the heads up...that would have been embarrassing.

Cheers,

Tony
yeah you are right Tony and thanks for clarifying,

just poor wording @ store

indeed upon ingame activation of gathering of power

it is stated that gathering of power includes all previous content --see attach

basically with this all previous dlc became deprecated

btw cd keys found on steam client also work with non steam installer

http://spectromancer.com/index.cgi?p=3

I want Dragonborn and Dawnguard and I am willing to pay $4.99 each. 

However... one is full priced and the other is unavailable.

Guess I will keep my money for the time being.

I want Dragonborn and Dawnguard and I am willing to pay $4.99 each.

However... one is full priced and the other is unavailable.

Guess I will keep my money for the time being.
I think you might be using a nonstandard definition for the phrase "Full Priced":

http://i.imgur.com/jXea0wi.png

Also, as noted previously in the thread, we've ordered more keys for Dragonborn, we expect to have the product back up this afternoon.

Cheers,

Tony

Oooh, that news posting has my hopes up that rise of nations will be on steam sooner than later.  Been hopeful ever since that steamDB package was posted and went absolutely nowhere

Hey Tony,

Is the 2K $30 Credit from Bioshock supposed to work on The Bureau? It's $12.49 right now and I'd like to get it, but the credit isn't working...

Thanks!

Hey Tony,

Is the 2K $30 Credit from Bioshock supposed to work on The Bureau? It's $12.49 right now and I'd like to get it, but the credit isn't working...

Thanks!
A note: I'm guessing the excess from that credit won't carry-over so you might want to save it for something $30 or more.

Since reading this post, I have had to recharge my phone twice.

Thanks! :joystick:

Doom 3 BFG worth $5? Never played it first time around and haven't played Doom since the 90s (loved it back then, though)

Well, DOOM 3 is very loooooooong. So you're definitely getting a lot of id shooting for your buck. The expansion pack that it comes with adds a bit of length and some new stuff. Plus the package comes with DOOM and DOOM II. And you do get $5 credit towards the EC games in Jan.

DOOM 3 and Resurection of Evil also come as a package (minus the BFG additions) on Steam and have been $3.24 in the past.

Decisions....
Also, BFG cannot be modded, while regular Doom3+Expansion can. I have confirmed that buying both shows up a as a separate Library entry in Steam (one doesn't overwrite the other).

Also, BFG cannot be modded, while regular Doom3+Expansion can. I have confirmed that buying both shows up a as a separate Library entry in Steam (one doesn't overwrite the other).
I own doom 3 + roe + all doom games on steam

so I was not sure if bfg worth it so I modded old games yesterday

short answer if you want out of the box solution

which also includes all other doom(dosbox) games on steam go for bfg

else stick with doom 3 + roe mods can make it look great better than bfg

long answer __ if you want to stick with doom 3 + roe

I downloaded doom 3 hd mod which looks stunning

but some extra work is required at least for steam doom 3 + roe

took me several hours since info was hard to find , but for fellow cags convenience here you are :p

download doom 3 hd

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cverdzislav/downloads

version 1.5 doesnt have ROE support so I preferred previous version+patch

after install following 2 steps are mandatory

a

need to set following launch options on steam else doesnt work

for DOOM 3:
+set fs_game d3hdm +set fs_game_base d3hdmmtr

for ROE:
+set fs_game d3xphdm +set fs_game_base d3xp

B

soft shadows is a framerate killer , when enabled I had 20fps on 660/i7 860

and from what I gather no current cpu can handle it
it must be disabled in autoexec.cfg (one cfg for base game one for roe)

For a true CAG, 50% off isn't much different from "full priced". ;)
I feel that it's more like 50% off is the usual minimum price break we'll accept if we want to play it right away. We'll pay 50% off if we want it bad enough. Only chumps pay full MSRP.

Remember how popular the Borderlands 2 pre-orders were at ~50% off (included Mechromancer pack)?

Speaking of the 2k credit from BS:I, can we use it on Minerva's Den for BioShock 2? (sadly registering a BS2 key from Amazon no longer automatically gets Minerva's Den on Steam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back