Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from Target in Clifton, NJ & scored both the Mario/Luigi & Zelda bundles for 149.99 each. Gonna return the ones I had scored with the Walmart GC deal from last week. For any local CAGs I unfortunately snagged the last Zelda but there were quite a few of the Mario/ Luigi bundles left. Happy hunting.

Also saw the signs in store. Wish I could find a link online or that it was advertised as I know a few stores that have Zeldas in stock. Let's see what I can get my Walmart customer service representatives to do...

I was able to price match a Zelda bundle at Toys R Us with little trouble. I actually went into a target and took a picture of the Zelda price tag (even though they were out of stock). It seemed to help even though the clerk grumbled about price matching only things pictured directly in the ad!

could someone please post their zelda 3ds receipt where they got it for $150? I got it from BB and would like to price match this. 

My store didn't have the Zelda bundle - which I wanted, so I just got the M&L version.

I also snagged the LEGO Batman 2 Vita Bundle at $199. Impulse buy which I might return. 

Well none of my local targets had the zelda bundles unless i want to drive 30+ miles out of the way which wasn't really worth it. I just picked up the M&L bundle as i am more of a super mario fan than zelda.   Also just to note,  I asked if i could pay for my stuff up front to see if any coupons would print.  I only got 2 coupons,  1 for 25% off a turtle beach headset and the other was 20% any game accessory.  Both are good till the end of January.

My store had two zelda bundles in North Texas, i bought one and the other is nestled in a broken display case. Tagged 149.99. Shouldnt have spent as much as i did.... but hard to resist. Time to list my OG Zelda 3DS.

Good luck to those others who missed out in BF.

The Mario 3ds xl doesn't have a price on targets site. Anyone know what the deal is? I'd love to price match at beet buy this morning.
I'd also like to know. Also, now that the bundle is sold out online, I can't put it in my cart to make the price show up. Since the target weekly ad only shows the regular 3DS XLs for sale, I need to know what I can use as proof in order to price match the M&L bundle I bought at walmart last week. Does anyone know how I should go about doing this? Will they price match with just the weekly ad?

For anyone interested, was able to get a price match at Walmart. YMMV on this one but they were very nice about doing it. I had taken a picture on my phone but I didn't even need to use it. Just used the actual physical ad I got from going into the Target store to see if they had it.

GL CAG'ers, and TY once again.

For anyone worried about target not having the actual price for the 3DS XL bundles posted online, I just discovered how to get it up.  On the item's page, click the words that say "See Low Price in Cart".  That should pop up a little window that has the sale price, without needing to put the item in your cart.  I would still take a copy of the weekly ad with you just in case if you're trying to price match. 

So I got to Target this morning at 8:05, I've been trying to score a limited edition 3ds xl bundle for 2 years now at a good price.  Not to my surprise there's a line, so I line up.  I notice the guy checking out, is not buying 1 3dsxl, but about 30 or so 3ds xl's with galaxy tabs on sale, and 3ds cases. a reseller of course, this guy bought every 3ds xl on the shelf, and wanted a PS4, X1, X360 (on Sale). Some people behind me were starting to get mad. So I wait, and the Target rep finally says Resellers to the left, customers on the right, and I move to the right and got the last mario and lugi bundle. All resellers trying to purchase multiple 3ds xl's. I don't understand have Target doesn't have a limit policy, it's disgusting to see that. Honest people are trying to buy just ONE for them or as a gift. geeeezzz. 

I don't know if all Targets will have them, but I went to two today and even though they were out of stock, both had the tags for the Zelda bundle @ $149.99.  Maybe a picture of the tag (avoiding the empty space above) might help get a pricematch?

Was able to price match the Zelda 3DS XL I bought last week from Best Buy without a problem. The chick that was attending looked at the ad in my phone and was ready to price match it until she realized she wasn't sure how to price match items so she called another guy over and he asked if I had the site listing for 3DS prices in target.com which I replied no I only got this ad from the site, he then went on to check it through his cellphone and thought "crap I'm gonna get rejected since it's not in the Target site anymore" but low and behold he just checked the normal 3DS' and saw them all being listed at $150 and said "okay I'll go ahead and price match it for you".

On a funny side note when I arrived I noticed a guy with an Xbox One going to his car and he just kept staring at me and when I saw him open up his trunk he had a 2nd Xbox One inside his car already and after putting it in his car he just stood there for a while. After getting the price match I curiously went to the Game Department and asked how the PS4 and Xbox One did today. The guy told me they didn't receive any PS4 today but did get an Xbox One shipment and that there was literally about 30 people waiting outside. Last week when I went to buy the Zelda 3DS I saw around 6 Xbox Ones in stock and was told that they sold out of PS4 early in the morning and had a line literally going across the store with people wanting to buy the PS4 and that they had only 200 units. After confirming that I decided to leave only to notice that same guy with a THIRD Xbox One leaving to his car and once again just standing next to his car for awhile.

On a sadder not while I was exiting the road two police cars appeared out of nowhere and apprehend a woman walking in the side walk with her baby in it's stroller which seems she robbed something from either Best Buy or one of the stores nearby. It's sad to see people do this especially when that person is a mother and bringing their child along for the crime.

It took me some time but I was able to price match the Mario xl at best buy even though the price wasn't showing up online. Happy.

I now have a red 3ds, red 3ds xl, pokemon red xl, pokemon blue xl, 2 pikachu xl's, 2 animal crossing xl's, Mario xl. I need to find a fire emblem 3ds and I'll be happy!

I agree bud, they will offer some nice deals from time to time it just may take some searching through the other ads.. Im glad to see knack on sale! :)

I actually think Kmart is a pretty underrated place to search for games. The one near me had a table where they were selling games for as low as $3.79. There was a decent amount of shovelware in there but there were some hidden gems (Red Faction: Armaggedon for $5, Metroid: Other M for $5). I scooped up a Harvest Moon gameon the 3DS for $3.79.

On a funny side note when I arrived I noticed a guy with an Xbox One going to his car and he just kept staring at me and when I saw him open up his trunk he had a 2nd Xbox One inside his car already and after putting it in his car he just stood there for a while. After getting the price match I curiously went to the Game Department and asked how the PS4 and Xbox One did today. The guy told me they didn't receive any PS4 today but did get an Xbox One shipment and that there was literally about 30 people waiting outside. Last week when I went to buy the Zelda 3DS I saw around 6 Xbox Ones in stock and was told that they sold out of PS4 early in the morning and had a line literally going across the store with people wanting to buy the PS4 and that they had only 200 units. After confirming that I decided to leave only to notice that same guy with a THIRD Xbox One leaving to his car and once again just standing next to his car for awhile.

On a sadder not while I was exiting the road two police cars appeared out of nowhere and apprehend a woman walking in the side walk with her baby in it's stroller which seems she robbed something from either Best Buy or one of the stores nearby. It's sad to see people do this especially when that person is a mother and bringing their child along for the crime.
Is it possible she was hiding an Xbox 1 in the stroller and dropping them off to that guy? Then it's a family affair.

My Target still had the same ~18 Xbox 1s in stock as they did last week. They sold all their PS4s this AM. Local Walmart sold theirs too, but only because a lady came in and bought 8 in two different $2,000+ transactions. Secretly, I was hoping she'd get robbed (no physical injury... well, maybe slapped... but no *serious* physical injury). Why? I filed her taxes last year. She claimed like 15k in income with her two kids to get a $9,200 tax return despite paying in $0. It's disgusting.

I bought the Mario & Luigi bundle Tuesday, walked into Target just now and pointed out the error.

Got handed the cash difference in less than 3 minutes of being at the register! Thanks, CAG'ers!

Well I took the plunge and bought the Mario & Luigi 3ds XL edition at Walmart this last Friday to see if I could PM the Target Ad today. So not only did I get the difference back, I was able to keep the $40 gift card as well! Didnt bring up that I received the gift card when I bought it so I would be discreet about it if you PM one. Good Luck!

I'd also like to know. Also, now that the bundle is sold out online, I can't put it in my cart to make the price show up. Since the target weekly ad only shows the regular 3DS XLs for sale, I need to know what I can use as proof in order to price match the M&L bundle I bought at walmart last week. Does anyone know how I should go about doing this? Will they price match with just the weekly ad?
The M&L bundle was $149.99 like everything else. I actually bought one online this morning, then went to the store and bought a Zelda bundle. (I called and requested a cancellation on the M&L, but it's still showing up in my order history.)

It took me some time but I was able to price match the Mario xl at best buy even though the price wasn't showing up online. Happy.

I now have a red 3ds, red 3ds xl, pokemon red xl, pokemon blue xl, 2 pikachu xl's, 2 animal crossing xl's, Mario xl. I need to find a fire emblem 3ds and I'll be happy!
With that amount of 3DSes and a guarantee of more bundles in the near future, I'm not sure if you'll ever be happy! :mrgreen:

Well I took the plunge and bought the Mario & Luigi 3ds XL edition at Walmart this last Friday to see if I could PM the Target Ad today. So not only did I get the difference back, I was able to keep the $40 gift card as well! Didnt bring up that I received the gift card when I bought it so I would be discreet about it if you PM one. Good Luck!
Yeahhh, I bet you didn't. I wonder if I can get the price difference on the Zelda 3DS XL if I show them my receipt and a picture of the Target ad http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-3ds-xl-console-collection/-/A-14218334

Succes price matching over the phone at best buy for the Zelda 3ds that I ordered for in store pick up last week . Im pretty sure she didn't even verify the target price but my advice would be if you got shot down call back some reps are way more lenient than others .It's funny , in a way I was almost hoping I would get denied the price match because I then would have returned it . Not that interested in owning a 3ds but for a shiny gold one for 150 $ paying with credit how could I turn that down .

Out of Zelda at my Target. Were out of Mario too but when I walked around to do more shopping, I went back and they had a Mario. They even checked the scanner and said they were out. Score! The in stock checker also said the Zelda was in stock but they couldn't find any.

Yeah didnt want to give them any type of reason not to PM it. But on my Walmart receipt it doesnt show anything about the $40 gc and also the Mario & Luigi 3ds XL is printed on the receipt as a 3ds XL so anyone that did buy one from Walmart has a decent chance on cashing in on this if you bought it last week to get the $40 gc

The M&L bundle was $149.99 like everything else. I actually bought one online this morning, then went to the store and bought a Zelda bundle. (I called and requested a cancellation on the M&L, but it's still showing up in my order history.)

With that amount of 3DSes and a guarantee of more bundles in the near future, I'm not sure if you'll ever be happy! :mrgreen:
I know man. It's a sick addicting habit that I have. Not to mention expensive!

Here's a photo of the Zelda 3DS sale sign. I was able to get my 11/22 purchase matched at Walmart.[attachment=1559:IMG_20131215_104346.jpg]

Price matched the Mario XL at Best Buy. I brought the ad and the cashier started saying it wasn't the same one so I showed her a picture of the bundle at that price from an earlier Target trip and no problem.

Thank you! :applause: Might stand a chance of getting this PMed in my area now.
I did not and I bought it a day after. They told me it had to be within 7 days. I think they were thinking I wanted to price match it instead of do the Christmas Ad Match, but I don't feel like trying again.

I went to Walmart to get a post-price adjustment on my Zelda bundle. I have hopes, but I forgot the box because they need to scan it to do it.

Target has ads, so I grabbed one to bring in to match the 3DS XL price. Good luck to people that try. I think most places will do it as long as you have the box and receipt with the ad.

Unless I want to drive out far for one my only hope is to PM at Fry's and they're terrible at it.  For one thing I don't think they will PM consoles.

Managed to snag the only Zelda bundle my local Target had. I had to get thru two associates before I could get one that knew how to use their PDAs properly. Turns out the bundle was BEHIND all the Mario & Luigi bundles in the case.

The add mentions Steelbook case for the game, maybe that' what the pre order bonus is on the website.
The website doesn't automatically add the case to the PS3 version of BAO so I called and the rep added it for free manually. I choose store pickup on the case so maybe it will arrive in better condition than forced into the small mail slot at my apartment complex.

Just got back from Best Buy and price matched the Mario bundle. They had difficulty with my order since it was bought online for in store pick up and could not get the price match to work properly. I had paid the original order off entirely with certs and gift cards, so I suggested they just issue me a gift card for the difference since that's what was going to happen anyways.

Also, I used the mobile Target site to pull up the M&L price since it lists it on there. It says "sold out online", but it also says sold in stores and they can check stock if they want. 

Really appreciate the Zelda 3DS XL picture. Walmart won't price adjust without out for me and my Target didn't have it in store for me to take a picture of.

Has anyone had any luck getting Walmart to PM without a local Target store in their area? Their policy seems to frown on that, so guessing it's probably a YMMV sort of deal.

Just got back from Best Buy and price matched the Mario bundle. They had difficulty with my order since it was bought online for in store pick up and could not get the price match to work properly. I had paid the original order off entirely with certs and gift cards, so I suggested they just issue me a gift card for the difference since that's what was going to happen anyways.

Also, I used the mobile Target site to pull up the M&L price since it lists it on there. It says "sold out online", but it also says sold in stores and they can check stock if they want.
You are the fuck ing man. Thank you. I also bought online for instore pickup and I paid entirely with giftcards. It's worth the hassle for $30. I'm going to head out soon. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back