Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to price match the M&L Bundle at Bestbuy for 149.99 with just the physical ad. I had also bought the Zelda 3DS XL from bestbuy which I had originally price matched from Walmart for $200, they were able to price match the $150 as well for that one. 

It was pretty cool cause the chick that was helping me out was all like, "Oh yea, I know it works because I did the same thing with the Pikachu 3ds xl when Target had the same AD" Lol.

Also, thank you banzaiwolfe for the Zelda Price tag. Much appreciated. 

I need the actual console with me, right?
You need the box afaik so they can scan the UPC. I doubt you need the actual console.. a receipt with the box should be enough.

Another thanks for banzaiwolfe for the Zelda picture. Got the price difference adjusted even if it's in the form of a gift card.

Just got back from Best Buy and price matched the Mario bundle. They had difficulty with my order since it was bought online for in store pick up and could not get the price match to work properly. I had paid the original order off entirely with certs and gift cards, so I suggested they just issue me a gift card for the difference since that's what was going to happen anyways.

Also, I used the mobile Target site to pull up the M&L price since it lists it on there. It says "sold out online", but it also says sold in stores and they can check stock if they want.
Damn...I did the same thing for my Zelda XL. I should probably go and try to get it adjusted since I picked it up on the day it went out.

God I hate calling this store. They never answer. When they do they transfer me to the damn food department, when I ask for Electronics, and it's not only one store. Probably it's because I live in Miami, damn Cubans get hired there for nothing and they don't give a crap about anyone.. It's funny cause i'm Cuban but damn, disgrace. Anyway.. THIS AD SUCKS! Lol jk, thanks OP.

Thanks OP.  In for a copy of Bioshock Infinite for $17 and some change.  Not sure if it was the best deal but it's been a rough week and I felt like buying something for myself.

You need the box afaik so they can scan the UPC. I doubt you need the actual console.. a receipt with the box should be enough.

Another thanks for banzaiwolfe for the Zelda picture. Got the price difference adjusted even if it's in the form of a gift card.
Thanks. I decided not to go anyways since with the 20% coupon I used, it was $159.99. Not worth heading out in snow to get that $10 back.

Picked up the m+l 3dsxl bundle at BB a few weeks ago @180. They would not match by ad I brought in, or the site or from calling Target. They made me go buy a second system at the Target on the other side of town. Just got done returning it to Best Buy for a difference of $32.84 after taxes. I did get to keep the best buy gift card of $10 for picking up in store however. So instead of a $30 price match now Best Buy gets none of my $ and I walk off with a gift card.

Quick question for you guys. If you do a system transfer do you lose the pre-install game (Mario and Luigi)? I have a 32GB card in my 3DS and want to do a system transfer my games to the XL. Would I lose access to the pre-install game on the XL if I do a transfer?

Picked up the m+l 3dsxl bundle at BB a few weeks ago @180. They would not match by ad I brought in, or the site or from calling Target. They made me go buy a second system at the Target on the other side of town. Just got done returning it to Best Buy for a difference of $32.84 after taxes. I did get to keep the best buy gift card of $10 for picking up in store however. So instead of a $30 price match now Best Buy gets none of my $ and I walk off with a gift card.

Quick question for you guys. If you do a system transfer do you lose the pre-install game (Mario and Luigi)? I have a 32GB card in my 3DS and want to do a system transfer my games to the XL. Would I lose access to the pre-install game on the XL if I do a transfer?
I had no problems. It merges the accounts during transfer so I had to re download the game but it wasn't too bad.

I tried Walmart, and it was a no go as far as having the $40 giftcard from last week and also getting the $50 difference for this week. The best they could do was an additional $10, and they wanted the box to scan. I passed, since I didn't have the box on me. 

Kind of ridiculous, since I was able to adjust from the $180 price the week previously to the $200 + $40 giftcard without having the box with me... 

Went to a Target a little bit further away in search of the Zelda edition...no luck. However, they had the Mario edition in stock, but hidden in the back. Grabbed it for my gf and I'm excited because it's her first DS system. Xmas is going to be fun!

Does Walmart give gift receipts?  I wonder if you'd be able to get a price match with the $40 GC with that.  Just got shot down with a regular receipt.  Guy tried to tell me I was better off keeping my $40 GCs instead of PM'ing Target for $150.  After fighting with them I gave up.

1. Horrible MP Spawns, which dont seem to get fixed with each passing patch. Granted its a month old but IW clearly didnt test it.

2. Some maps are way to big for a game like this, which i dont have a problem with personally. But when someone spawns behind you on a map like stonehaven i want to club a baby seal to death.

3. No point playing MP on 360 or PS3 really, no dedicated server support, and no ground war.

4. Squads is total utter lag fest.

5. Game is already infested with a load of hackers.

The game shows signs of brilliance.., but its ridden with too much crap, including things i didnt point out. Polish a turd and you still have a turd.
I agree so much with #2. All I've seen was praise for Stonehaven, and I hate it. Too big, too open.

Does Walmart give gift receipts? I wonder if you'd be able to get a price match with the $40 GC with that. Just got shot down with a regular receipt. Guy tried to tell me I was better off keeping my $40 GCs instead of PM'ing Target for $150. After fighting with them I gave up.
Why did he say it was better off? PMing would cost less overall. Less tax and you get to keep your money instead of having to keep it in the form of a GC.

I was just able to price match my Zelda bundle (purchased 11/22) and the M+L bundle (purchased last week which included $40 GC) at Walmart. $50 back for each. They simply asked to pull up the M+L target ad on my phone, and then they matched both bundles. 

Solid day.  

Why did he say it was better off? PMing would cost less overall. Less tax and you get to keep your money instead of having to keep it in the form of a GC.
I got my bundles for $180 yesterday, they said I paid $140, not $180 - $40. I said I would rather have paid $150 instead of $180 and a GC, but they tried to explain how I was wrong.

That the bundle needs to be in the physical ad. I showed them the image of the price tag but didn't help at all
I guess it's pretty YMMV, but knowing this I went to a Walmart that was next to the Target here because the Walmart nearby.. I just had a feeling they would be hardasses about it. Sorry about your luck.

Got the PM at BB. Brought the physical ad in. Trying to pick up the M&L bundle, told me it was not part of it because it doesn't say. I told them ad states 3DS XL gaming system and if you called Target they would tell you the M&L is part of it. They were hesitant, but gave it to me. Paid $75.93 after tax and using a $80 reward zone cert. Pretty happy about that.

hmmm ill try my luck at walmart. i bought the mario and luigi 3ds xl with a $180 best buy pm and the $40 gift card. looking through this thread, i noticed some people said they actually needed the box with them to scan the serial number. did anyone else who did a christmas ad pm with walmart run into this issue? im guessing its just ymmv.

either way, ill just bring the box with me to be safe. nothing within the christmas ad price match says the item has to be unopened to receive the pm, right?

One of the Target's near me had the Mario & Luigi bundle included in the promotion, but was out of stock for it. I just said screw it, and got a blue 3DS XL. While I would have liked to have picked up one of the limited edition bundles, for the price in the sale I was fine with getting a normal unit.

One of the Target's near me had the Mario & Luigi bundle included in the promotion, but was out of stock for it. I just said screw it, and got a blue 3DS XL. While I would have liked to have picked up one of the limited edition bundles, for the price in the sale I was fine with getting a normal unit.
i would definitely reconsider and not open a basic blue one at 150 price point.

hmmm ill try my luck at walmart. i bought the mario and luigi 3ds xl with a $180 best buy pm and the $40 gift card. looking through this thread, i noticed some people said they actually needed the box with them to scan the serial number. did anyone else who did a christmas ad pm with walmart run into this issue? im guessing its just ymmv.

either way, ill just bring the box with me to be safe. nothing within the christmas ad price match says the item has to be unopened to receive the pm, right?
Right.

target ran out of the mario and luigi bundle in about 4 hrs since it opened this morning but the best buy next door had a bunch of it and price matching was no problem. :)

chances are, your local best buy still has some. If not in the front they have much more in the back.

Anyone willing to pick up a Zelda 3ds XL bundle for me?  No one within 200 miles of me has it and I've read that there are stores with a lot of them still.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Just got back from Walmart with a Zelda XL bundle. Stopped by Target prior to get the ad plus pic of the Zelda XL shelf tag. No M&L bundles or even a shelf tag for them at the specific Target I stopped by. PM went off w/o any problems because I had taken the pic. Cashed in $75 in WM gift cards. $75 + tax for a Zelda XL? It was a good day.

Just got a post-price adjustment at Bestbuy for my Zelda 3DSxl bundle. I really thought they were going to give me trouble, but after the customer service rep spoke with another co-worker they adjusted the price and gave me the difference back in cash, no questions asked. I had the ad, pictures, and was going to mention that I work at Target, but looks like I didn't need any of that. All I needed was the receipt. My friend got his Zelda bundle matched as well at the same store. Hopefully more CAGers have good luck with this.

Whether I was lucky or not, I was able to price adjust and I had opened the item which they knew. I think I was slightly lucky that this Walmart was more friendly. I actually made 3 trips because first I needed the box and then I needed the Zelda 3DS XL Target picture (and I only had a picture of the Mario one on my camera). At the end, the supervisor was all just "I'll just give it to you" but she wanted an actual picture with the Zelda 3DS XL to make sure it was the one since she was just trying to do her job and match the item since she probably thought maybe there were various Zelda bundles.

So good luck, and I'd at least try! I actually had to point out the Christmas ad match on the receipt when I was first there.

Whether I was lucky or not, I was able to price adjust and I had opened the item which they knew. I think I was slightly lucky that this Walmart was more friendly. I actually made 3 trips because first I needed the box and then I needed the Zelda 3DS XL Target picture (and I only had a picture of the Mario one on my camera). At the end, the supervisor was all just "I'll just give it to you" but she wanted an actual picture with the Zelda 3DS XL to make sure it was the one since she was just trying to do her job and match the item since she probably thought maybe there were various Zelda bundles.

So good luck, and I'd at least try! I actually had to point out the Christmas ad match on the receipt when I was first there.
Could you please post your picture of the Mario one? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back