Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was mentioned before and Tony said he would fix it (maybe he just had it set to 75% off to meet Steams sale price??) but why is Pixel Junk Monsters Unlimited's base price twice that of Steams??

I would get it if it was 75% off $9.99 not the 75% off of the $19.99 that Amazon has it for.

Thank you!  I just picked up Aliens:Colonial Marines.  Great deal!  --Any chance of the Season Pass DLC going on sale too Tony? 

Has anything been said on that 5 dollar Tomb Raider?  Or was that just a rumor or something?

Edit - Went a couple of pages back and saw that it was confirmed but just waiting for a date.

Been out of the Amazon PCDD loop for a while and have a question. 

Is Tony's department also in charge of the Playstation Digital store also?

Happy Holidays guys.

okay, finally went through the list, got rid of stuff i don't care for and a ton of paradox stuff. amazing just how much stuff they make for regular sales. it's basically just bouncing back and forth between prices here. there are quite a few cases of games on the 1st that has me hesitating here on some buys... are some of these potential EC members?

DuckTales has a case for itself. Batman: AO has a case for itself. technically Bioshock Triple Pack could have a case for itself due to Infinite. Max Payne 3 Complete has a case for itself. Mass Effect Trilogy may have been 2012 but it was late and it's not like that stopped anything last year too!

right now i'm tempted to just wait. seeing the list in front of me like this makes me realize some stuff could potentially be really, really good of a deal. at the same time, if stuff that's on sale *won't* be on the EC list then that's a big blow to quite a few things here. so... is it possible to see some overlap?

I spent $10 to get Europa Universalis IV on the Humble Store last night only to see it with the Digital Extreme Edition Upgrade for a dollar more on Amazon. FML...but at the very least, I got American Dream for a buck and change. Maybe if Steam offers a deal on EUIV, I can try to nab the upgrade pack for $2 and other stuff for cheaper...until then, I have thrown all I could at this.

I know it was mentioned before and Tony said he would fix it (maybe he just had it set to 75% off to meet Steams sale price??) but why is Pixel Junk Monsters Unlimited's base price twice that of Steams??

I would get it if it was 75% off $9.99 not the 75% off of the $19.99 that Amazon has it for.
I sent the note off about this but haven't followed up yet, apologies, the day has been insane.

Has anything been said on that 5 dollar Tomb Raider? Or was that just a rumor or something?

Edit - Went a couple of pages back and saw that it was confirmed but just waiting for a date.
Right around Christmas!

Been out of the Amazon PCDD loop for a while and have a question.

Is Tony's department also in charge of the Playstation Digital store also?

Happy Holidays guys.
Yep!

Free copies of the older Thief games when prepurchasing the new one? Since the older ones can be modded.

That would be disappointing since Thief 1-3 (steam) were $3.79 @ GMG a month back.
Much better in my opinion :).

Cheers,

Tony

The game is releasing at 30 and pre-release sale is already at 20. Yinz seriously won't wait until it hits single digits? You all need taken out behind the woodshed!
I'm surprised anybody is buying MGR at this point after the game specs were posted. An i7 and it only uses dx9? ....might have optimization issues?

I'm surprised anybody is buying MGR at this point after the game specs were posted. An i7 and it only uses dx9? ....might have optimization issues?
Those are probably conservative estimates.

I've got an i7 950 @4Ghz so I don't think i'll have a problem. Also: It could just say that they specifically built the PC version around high end PC parts with a minimum of 4 cores and is heavily threaded.

i7 recommended?  What percentage of the PC gaming community has that?  Most just go with an i5 since… until maybe a year or two from now… 99% of games really don't benefit much from it.

Grabbed Aliens and the Command and Conquer collection. Thanks as always, T-Money.
that's what I want to pick but I know Sega's going to screw us with a $5 aliens season pass. for command and conquer I think i'm going to wait till Tony posts the EC games list and see if it shows up there for $7.99 or something. I think it's coming around again early jan.

Tony,

how come Enix is so stingy with the dungeon siege prices? damn it if I'm going to pay more for DS2 than it costs to get fallout 3. Any chance of a bundle coming up soon?

btw speaking of bundles, do you think a complete hitman bundle could be a go for the EC time frame?

thanks

MGR:R still has a minimum spec of an i5.

The game has to be badly optimized, I have not played it yet but it looks pretty linear and should not need that much CPU power to run.

The game has to be badly optimized, I have not played it yet but it looks pretty linear and should not need that much CPU power to run.
Doubt those are the actual min specs. Extremely doubt it. Almost every game I've played on PC this past year, I did with a rig decently below min specs and they mostly ran better than their console counterparts. If potential buyers saw the REAL min reqs for new release games, they'd be bitching even more than some already do about games being dumbed down graphically to cater to the console gamers.

*Edit*

I wanted to add that I was in no way implying that there was anything wrong with console gamers, only that the limitations imposed by the 360/PS3 hardware often requires a decent amount of scaling back visual quality to get multi-platform games to run on them. That is all.

At least some of the EC games will be revealed before the end of this sale correct? That's how I remember it working last year at any rate.  Sorry for what's most likely a dumb question, but 'EC' isn't 4 chars so thread search doesn't work and 'choice' didn't turn up anything useful.

At least some of the EC games will be revealed before the end of this sale correct? That's how I remember it working last year at any rate. Sorry for what's most likely a dumb question, but 'EC' isn't 4 chars so thread search doesn't work and 'choice' didn't turn up anything useful.
That is how it worked the last two years, but I'm not sure whether it'll be the same this time around.

At least some of the EC games will be revealed before the end of this sale correct? That's how I remember it working last year at any rate. Sorry for what's most likely a dumb question, but 'EC' isn't 4 chars so thread search doesn't work and 'choice' didn't turn up anything useful.
While I think some of the EC games may have been revealed earlier (my memory is foggy on this however), I don't believe the prices were set until the EC promo actually kicked off.

While I think some of the EC games may have been revealed earlier (my memory is foggy on this however), I don't believe the prices were set until the EC promo actually kicked off.
I remember partial EC lists available before, last year.

Then again I remember being happy to get Civ 5 for $4 (after EC) two years ago... oh how times have changed.

I'm almost certain that some were revealed. It was definitely not a static list, and the sale prices weren't revealed early (unless you count the prices that were repeated from the Christmas sale.)

That is how it worked the last two years, but I'm not sure whether it'll be the same this time around.
Thanks! I'll put off overthinking a possible Brothers purchase 'til late in the sale then and see if anything shows up.

Hey Tony, think it would (ever) be possible to get this Sega Bundle again? I want all the things in it, but I just can't bring myself to buy each title individually when I know this bundle existed.

It may not be greatly optimized, but I'm sure the cutting effect in the game requires some CPU power even if the game is linear.

Tony,

Can we do Dark Messiah at $2.50 again? No sale at all in the spreadsheet, as far as I can tell.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Messiah-Might-Magic-Download/dp/B0030GG2VC

Also, any idea on when you can give us word on the MS, Bethesda, and any other unlisted bundles? With Steam's sale going, it's time to be careful about what and when we buy. My preference would generally be to purchase from Amazon, but without word it's hard to know whether to grab a flash deal. :(

All,

So I've decided to spend $50 this sale. Here's what I'm thinking right now:

skyrim le - 15

ys origin - 5

CoJ: gs - 5

(after trying AC2 to confirm I like it) AC:B and AC:R - 10

dark messiah - 2.50

shank - 2.50

castlevania, los - 10

Also in consideration:

c&c ultimate - 5

valdis story - 7.50

portal - 2.50

thoughts?

Tony,

Can we do Dark Messiah at $2.50 again? No sale at all in the spreadsheet, as far as I can tell.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Messiah-Might-Magic-Download/dp/B0030GG2VC

Also, any idea on when you can give us word on the MS, Bethesda, and any other unlisted bundles? With Steam's sale going, it's time to be careful about what and when we buy. My preference would generally be to purchase from Amazon, but without word it's hard to know whether to grab a flash deal. :(

All,

So I've decided to spend $50 this sale. Here's what I'm thinking right now:

skyrim le - 15

ys origin - 5

CoJ: gs - 5

(after trying AC2 to confirm I like it) AC:B and AC:R - 10

dark messiah - 2.50

shank - 2.50

castlevania, los - 10

Also in consideration:

c&c ultimate - 5

valdis story - 7.50

portal - 2.50

thoughts?
I'm kinda on the fence about C&C myself. Get Portal (and Portal 2, assuming you don't have it) now, just do it. One of my favorite games and easily worth it at that price. Not a ton of replayability but its something every gamer should at least play once.

Hey Tony,

Is Mark of the Ninja Special Edition ever actually going to be available on the store or is its presence as "Currently Unavailable" just there to consistently taunt me with a "Ha ha! You can't have this!" ;)

Both the complete pack -- http://www.amazon.com/Mark-Ninja-Special-Pack-Online/dp/B00GU045A0 -- and the DLC itself -- http://www.amazon.com/Mark-Ninja-Special-Edition-Online/dp/B00GU040YQ -- have unfortunately been unavailable since the pages went up during the Black Friday sales.

sweet, completes my dlc for dishonored.

if we all deleted our bad posts, this thread would be empty. :D
Speak for yourself. All of my posts are gold, man. Pure gold!

Is that a good price for Metal Gear Rising? Is it? IS IT?!?!?!
I know I have a problem. I'm not necessarily interested in the game at all, but it looks kinda neat, so might as well pre-order from amazon while it's a low price. I can always look for game videos later to see how much I'd like it, and cancel if needed. But the last few times I've fallen into the pre-order trap by Amazon, I ended up really enjoying the game anyway. (Except for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, but I haven't played much of that yet, so I won't really make a judgement yet)

Speaking of XCOM, I had planned to get XCOM: Enemy Within during this sale, and $20 isn't a bad price for it. But I think I'll just wait until next sale, which should give me time to actually finish playing through the regular game. I just couldn't bring myself to pulling the trigger on it yet.

Can anybody help me pick up London 2012 from the sale?
Sure, check your PM.

I'm kinda on the fence about C&C myself. Get Portal (and Portal 2, assuming you don't have it) now, just do it. One of my favorite games and easily worth it at that price. Not a ton of replayability but its something every gamer should at least play once.
I'll second this, Portal 1 is a must have and would complete AC Enzio trilogy with ACB and R. I would and am getting C&C collection, so much content for only $5, can't really go wrong- I'm mostly getting it for Red Alert 3 as well. Don't think too much of the rest, besides Skyrim Legendary of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back