Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to probably contact Atari.

That game (Riddick: Dark Athena) ain't been on Steam in some time.

If that game ever goes back anywhere, we'd need the 3rd party Tages Internet-activation DRM removed; especially since Atari's financially in trouble and are also trying to get away from their parent company. No need for Tages DRM, on a game this old and since who knows how long Atari's activation servers will stick around.

Only version w/out that Tages DRM is the GOG-version.

Tony,

I might have missed it but any word on some of the bundles you were kicking around like the Enslaved + other stuff, etc?  And, of course, the widely coveted Mooby Sega Bundle.

Tony,

I might have missed it but any word on some of the bundles you were kicking around like the Enslaved + other stuff, etc? And, of course, the widely coveted Mooby Sega Bundle.
+1 on looking for an Enslaved deal. I was kind of surprised it didn't show up at all (that I saw) on the giant list 'o deals.

I'd personally prefer a good sale on it alone though. 90% of the time when a game I want is in an Amazon bundle it's with other stuff I already have.

Admittedly I own way too many games though. I don't know, maybe they could come up with a build a bundle setup someday though.

Tony,

I might have missed it but any word on some of the bundles you were kicking around like the Enslaved + other stuff, etc? And, of course, the widely coveted Mooby Sega Bundle.
+1 on looking for an Enslaved deal. I was kind of surprised it didn't show up at all (that I saw) on the giant list 'o deals.

I'd personally prefer a good sale on it alone though. 90% of the time when a game I want is in an Amazon bundle it's with other stuff I already have.

Admittedly I own way too many games though. I don't know, maybe they could come up with a build a bundle setup or someday though.
Im waiting for a deal on Pac-Man Champ. AYCE Ed. but Enslaved looks nice too

Also I think the normal edition Pac-Man will be on the Editors Choice 2013

Only version w/out that Tages DRM is the GOG-version.
I have the hard copy PC version that has Tages. I had to go to the Tages website and install 64-bit drivers on my computer just to get it working (and eww, did I mention I had to install Tages on my PC?)

Really the only version of that game you'd want is the GoG version at this point.

I just picked up the spectromancer bundle.  I'm a bit confused by the title:  Spectromancer + League of Heroes + Truth and Beauty [Online Game Code]   

I just picked up the spectromancer bundle. I'm a bit confused by the title: Spectromancer + League of Heroes + Truth and Beauty [Online Game Code] <--- It just comes with the Spectromancer game and the gathering of power dlc. Are the other 2 being added later or is this a typo?
Apparently they are all included in GoP and Steam just lists them weird.

Sidenote: the second and third links in the OP are messed up.

$2 aliens colonial marines is still $5 too much... yeah you would have to pay me to play this game or duke nukem... why is it outside of borderlands gearbox sucks?

Very very little chance, and it's not really worth getting on Steam either because of the DRM.

Funny thing is that the GOG version created a TAGES key folder when I installed it.
Yes, but it (the DRM) is inert. It's much simpler to disable it then to rip it and all the coding hooks that are applied to it out. It's just a folder, chill. Even when pirates crack DRM, they still have to leave it there even though it's disabled (Like UPlay's launcher and such), I mean, ughh... that's what I hear. :)

tumblr_mxnie7rNk71qjc439o1_500.gif

@Tony: since I didn't see any update since the first comment (sorry if I missed it):

Any news on Steam keys for the You Don't Know Jack (JDKJ) pack here?

I did see that post earlier. It's just not very interesting to me: I wouldn't pay $10 for the pack.
Something to keep in mind is that the Jack bundle is not currently a daily deal on the Humble Store; $10 is apparently the normal deal for the duration of the winter sale (both on Humble and Steam). If it gets featured as a daily, it could potentially hit $5 with Steam keys.

$2 aliens colonial marines is still $5 too much... yeah you would have to pay me to play this game or duke nukem... why is it outside of borderlands gearbox sucks?
B/c Gearbox didn't fully develop those two games!

GearBox didn't fully develop Aliens: CM.

Supposedly, Timegate Studios (the guys behind Kohan series, Section 8 franchise + FEAR: Extraction Point expansion + FEAR: Perseus Mandate) basically threw out almost everything GearBox did (which supposedly wasn't much, according to Timegate). So, Timegate did most of the work on the base game. GearBox was supposedly not thrilled at all w/ what TG turned it - and it was basically too late, so they had to try to salvage what they had and turn the game into Sega (since the game had been in development Hell for ridiculous number of years for a shooter of this kind).

If you want, you can read a lot of *that* supposedly rumors, madness, and details here and probably numerous other places on the Net.

Supposedly, Nerve Software & Demiurge did the DLC stuff.

About DNF, 3D Realms & Triptych Games (Triptych were most of the ex 3DR guys, after 3DR folded) did most of the work here.

All GearBox did was try to finish-up and polish what they had - and FINALLY get the game out the door.

Keep in mind - Randy Pitchford a long time ago worked for 3DR, before he formed GearBox.

No matter how that game turned out, I'm betting 2K was probably happy to finally get that damn thing out the door - since they been chasing 3DR forever to get it done. There were all kinds of lawsuits over this thing w/ 3DR, 2K, and GearBox all flung at each other.

Plus, now GearBox has the DNF license - and can more or less do what they want w/ it. Supposedly they were - and who knows if they still are - actually working on their own DN reboot/origins game called Duke Begins.

Gearbox always seems to put their effort & money into their own babies - i.e. Borderlands franchise + Brothers In Arms franchise.

And given how those games turned out, it certainly bloody shows there.

Been trying The secret world guest pass (thanks walkonshadows!)... and I don't know. I can't get used to the movement controls and the combat turns a mess because of that  :rofl: 

Maybe It's because I've never played MMO games. I like everything else: theme, dialogs, graphics. 

Been trying The secret world guest pass (thanks walkonshadows!)... and I don't know. I can't get used to the movement controls and the combat turns a mess because of that :rofl:

Maybe It's because I've never played MMO games. I like everything else: theme, dialogs, graphics.
It's honestly easier than most MMOs as far as hot keys and the number of abilities go.

It is good to see the two Lego Star Wars games on sale, but they are only Mac downloads.  Is there any chance of getting Steam keys for these so they can be used on a PC?

Been trying The secret world guest pass (thanks walkonshadows!)... and I don't know. I can't get used to the movement controls and the combat turns a mess because of that :rofl:

Put your hot-keys for combat in a spot most logical for you. Yeah, it sucks you don't really have left-mouse assigned to hot-key #1 - since that probably should be the key that you use most. I normally put what skill/action that I use most riight on hot-key #1.

Since I'm left-handed and use UDLR arrow keys for movement w/ my left-hand - I made sure Right Control is assigned to hot-key #1. I always beat the Right Control to death, no matter what game I play. I normally put something I beat to death on that key - since the key's close to my left-hand and I know I'll abuse the hell out of this key. Usually, shooting/action (if left-mouse won't take either action/shoot) or reloading is placed THERE - depends on the game for me.

Also, IIRC - b/c I am left-handed and position my left-hand on UDLR arrow keys, I put most of my hotkeys as secondaries on the number-pad. I can quickly move my right hand from mouse to number-pad.

If you're using WSAD for movement, you might wanna put your hotkeys on that row of 1-9 keys above WSAD.

EDIT:

I only use a normal boring Logitech mouse (with a left-button, right button, and middle-button with a middle-up/down wheel), but there are mice out that have a row of hotkeys you can place on the side of the mouse. I think it was Ashes pointed out this Razer Naga mouse built for MMO's that does has - I can't recall if it was this thread or the Steam thread or some other thread. I don't know if all games will recognize and support this mouse, though.

EDIT 2:

Also, if you're not fond of the default WOW-style combat (locked camera w/ click to highlight who to attack), place a command key you want for switching b/t the Toggle Target Mode (i.e. Aiming Mode). Personally - I have that Toggle Target Mode placed on Middle Mouse. I use the game's default WOW-like mode for usually interacting w/ objects, NPC's and stuff; and then hit the Toggle switch to the game's Aiming Mode for when I enter combat. That Aiming Mode is much more FREE and is mouse-looky - and this feels more like what you'd use in say a shooter or something like Skyrim. If you're playing a gun-based character and/or magic-tossing character, you might feel WAY more at home using this Aiming mode, when in actual combat.

Yeah, he hooked me up too.

I came to the conclusion last night that the game, while very cool, isn't for me. Not a huge fan of the actual gameplay. Maybe I just don't like MMOs.

On TSW subject, I'm getting used to the game mechanics ;)

But I think I have a ton of lag. On open areas it looks like the FPS goes all the way down, but I'm almost sure is lag. But that's my IP fault :(

On TSW subject, I'm getting used to the game mechanics ;)

But I think I have a ton of lag. On open areas it looks like the FPS goes all the way down, but I'm almost sure is lag. But that's my IP fault :(
Maybe lower your graphics settings. Right now, there is the X-mas and End of Days events going on and some areas get majorly bogged down.

People xfer dimensions and meet up to take down big raid type bosses. Those zones get flooded.

Bahaha ugh, geeze. What the heck.
hi ln 3000 did u have too much party hehh

B/c Gearbox didn't fully develop those two games!

GearBox didn't fully develop Aliens: CM.

Supposedly, Timegate Studios (the guys behind Kohan series, Section 8 franchise + FEAR: Extraction Point expansion + FEAR: Perseus Mandate) basically threw out almost everything GearBox did (which supposedly wasn't much, according to Timegate). So, Timegate did most of the work on the base game. GearBox was supposedly not thrilled at all w/ what TG turned it - and it was basically too late, so they had to try to salvage what they had and turn the game into Sega (since the game had been in development Hell for ridiculous number of years for a shooter of this kind).

If you want, you can read a lot of *that* supposedly rumors, madness, and details here and probably numerous other places on the Net.

Supposedly, Nerve Software & Demiurge did the DLC stuff.

About DNF, 3D Realms & Triptych Games (Triptych were most of the ex 3DR guys, after 3DR folded) did most of the work here.

All GearBox did was try to finish-up and polish what they had - and FINALLY get the game out the door.

Keep in mind - Randy Pitchford a long time ago worked for 3DR, before he formed GearBox.

No matter how that game turned out, I'm betting 2K was probably happy to finally get that damn thing out the door - since they been chasing 3DR forever to get it done. There were all kinds of lawsuits over this thing w/ 3DR, 2K, and GearBox all flung at each other.

Plus, now GearBox has the DNF license - and can more or less do what they want w/ it. Supposedly they were - and who knows if they still are - actually working on their own DN reboot/origins game called Duke Begins.

Gearbox always seems to put their effort & money into their own babies - i.e. Borderlands franchise + Brothers In Arms franchise.

And given how those games turned out, it certainly bloody shows there.
timegate got sued and lost and is bankrup and lost section 8 prejdicie rights sadly i feel sorry for them cause that also mean s8 p unless south peaks takes it out gwfl is goign kill it

hi ln 3000 did u have too much party hehh

timegate got sued and lost and is bankrup and lost section 8 prejdicie rights sadly i feel sorry for them cause that also mean s8 p unless south peaks takes it out gwfl is goign kill it
No matter how good or bad for stuff they put out - yeah, I never really like to see game studios close their doors. That's people's livelihoods, families, and jobs that get put in jeopardy - you know?

And yeah - I hope everybody takes that G4WL-crap out of their PC games. I know I'm hoping for a hell of a lot there, though.

Just remap 5,6,7,8 to q,e,r,f, and you can basically play with 1 hand.

No matter how good or bad for stuff they put out - yeah, I never really like to see game studios close their doors. That's people's livelihoods, families, and jobs that get put in jeopardy - you know?

And yeah - I hope everybody takes that G4WL-crap out of their PC games. I know I'm hoping for a hell of a lot there, though.
same here even tho it works for me most of time cause gwfl forcing ur save files encrypted and dno work for transfer that where i dodnt like it force online for everythiggn

same here even tho it works for me most of time cause gwfl forcing ur save files encrypted and dno work for transfer that where i dodnt like it force online for everythiggn
Yeah, that's the thing - we don't know how saves (since they are encrypted), offline profiles, and things might/might not work, once G4WL is done with. I'd rather companies just bail on G4WL and patch their own game up. Whether they decide to use their own program, Steamworks, or whatever - hey, that's their call; it's their game.

EDIT:

Personally - for anything w/ MP components, I think Steam's the place they should turn to.

For anything SP-only based, as long as they drop the G4WL DRM, I'm cool.

I'm not super-big on Achievements normally, so.... {Shrug}

But if they gonna support Achievements, then Steam's the place for those games.

thanks for the total war shogun 2 dlc price match. 

bought bioshock inf. burial at sea dlc at mac game store for $3.75. activated fine on pc as it is steamplay.

edit:

price is now $5.09. they changed the price quick, maybe a price mistake.

Tony,

can we get a price match on Enemy Within ?

It's $15 on Steam atm.

Thank you !
As already mentioned, Flash deals are not matched.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the $15, even though I couldn't pull it for the bundle. I don't know why, but hey, $5 is the difference. I didn't really need the extra copy of the original game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back