Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
As already mentioned, Flash deals are not matched.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the $15, even though I couldn't pull it for the bundle. I don't know why, but hey, $5 is the difference. I didn't really need the extra copy of the original game. :)
But, but - you could've code-dropped the base-game and further solidified your status as The Ultimate Game-key Dropper. :p ;)

Yeah, I understand w/ the saving $ thing - especially given the way you buy games & drop codes.

And b/c as CAG's, we all try to save money on as much games as we can - since a lot of us a game-hoarders.

But, but - you could've code-dropped the base-game and further solidified your status as The Ultimate Game-key Dropper. :p ;)

Yeah, I understand w/ the saving $ thing - especially given the way you buy games & drop codes.

And b/c as CAG's, we all try to save money on as much games as we can - since a lot of us a game-hoarders.
i would drop codes but most of my codes got turned into stupid need to have a steam account with the humble bundles i have old bundles and they got converted to the new system ill look to see if i have any unused and ill code drop this will be my first time rep will be appreciated and please put if you took it, do i drop it here?

i would drop codes but most of my codes got turned into stupid need to have a steam account with the humble bundles i have old bundles and they got converted to the new system ill look to see if i have any unused and ill code drop this will be my first time rep will be appreciated and please put if you took it, do i drop it here?
I ain't really done a code-drop, either - even though I probably should, given the amount of keys I've won in code-drops; and both been given and gifted, over the years.

I also have a bunch of keys - though, probably nothing too spectacular, either.

I am going to go eat and then watch a movie - so, might wanna hold off on code-drops - hehe.

Do what thou wilt w/ your game-keys/code-drops.

I ain't really done a code-drop, either - even though I probably should, given the amount of keys I've won in code-drops; and both been given and gifted, over the years.

I also have a bunch of keys - though, probably nothing too spectacular, either.

I am going to go eat and then watch a movie - so, might wanna hold off on code-drops - hehe.

Do what thou wilt w/ your game-keys/code-drops.
What food and movie?

If Amazon is matching Steam dailies, then why hasn't Age of Empires II + The Forgotten Expansion been price matched yet?

Amazon  Link: $14.99

Steam Link: $7.49

Can't buy both separate for the discounted price to "make up" the bundle either. Yes, I submitted a "Tell us about a lower price" thing.

Regarding The Secret World controls: Use the "T" and TAB keys (already the default toggles) to see what people are talking about remapping for, then you'll see what is more comfortable for you, middle mouse, key near movement keys, etc. Once you click in on how to quickly switch between them (and have quick keys on your mouse for the "use" and "target" commands, it's really easy from there. MMO's take some setup. I hated the default controls and using a standard mouse on TSW when I started, after I upgraded the mouse (15 buttons), and actually took some time to read the default control list and play around, I loved it. Also, realize that if you use the middle scroll button on the mouse and scroll all the way in, the very last click changes the view point to an FPS type control scheme, meaning you strafe from side to side with the side movement keys instead of turn (or vice versa). Scrolling in from the over the shoulder 3rd person view until your character vanishes (camera goes through them) might be the sweet spot your looking for without it switching the strafe/turn scheme on you.

wait did your friend stick the pizza in their vagina?
I have no first hand knowledge of these facts. Normally, I'd respond with 'gross, I hope not', but this friend is...d i f f e r e n t . You know, when there's a party and there's 'that guy'. Well, he's 'that guy'.

This[customspoiler=This?]
african_couple_eating_pizza_on_floor_BLD059823.jpg

[/customspoiler]
That stock photo is perplexing.

They just moved in and don't have a table to eat their pizza on, but they've already unboxed the wine glasses?

And why can't he put the pizza in his own mouth? Is being fed greasy pizza necessarily a romantic act? How much wine have they been drinking?

Why do the windows open out on a soulless white abyss?

I'll never know the answer to any of these questions.

Great.

Damn how much pizza do you eat?
Remember, I live w/ my parents - it ain't just me eating food here.

Anyways, their Meat Lover's pizza (at Capone's) - like 1 or 2 slices for me is enough. They completely litter the pizza on top of the slice and underneath the cheese w/ toppings galore on this pizza. This pizza (which is their specialty and what they are known for) literally weights a ton, when compared to normal pizza slices.

And for "normal" pieces of pizza there from a large pizza, I can normally eat at least double that, slice-wise.

Or do you jsut purposely over-order so you get bangin' leftovers for days?
Yep - certainly do over-order for purposes of left-overs.

They just moved in and don't have a table to eat their pizza on, but they've already unboxed the wine glasses?
Obviously they are alcoholics so this took priority

And why can't he put the pizza in his own mouth? Is being fed greasy pizza necessarily a romantic act? How much wine have they been drinking?
Unfortunately, he suffers from "Odd posture paralysis" a rare syndrome in which the victim becomes paralyzed in, you guessed it, a strange pose. Being fed greasy pizza, in this case, is necessary, and in a way romantic, I suppose. They've been drinking a lot (hardcore alchies)

Great.
That last question I'm not sure what the answer is. I think they mightve been swallowed by the sun, though

Great.
Actually the two of them just went through a bitter divorce. He was cheating on her with with her brother and she just finished moving all his (now her) stuff into temporary storage. The wine glasses were the last thing they bought together, so she's leaving them with him. The wine was actually a wedding gift (they haven't even been married a year). The pizza was all he could now afford and she's not feeding him, she's actually saying, I'm taking this too so fuck you.

Actually the two of them just went through a bitter divorce. He was cheating on her with with her brother and she just finished moving all his (now her) stuff into temporary storage. The wine glasses were the last thing they bought together, so she's leaving them with him. The wine was actually a wedding gift (they haven't even been married a year). The pizza was all he could now afford and she's not feeding him, she's actually saying, I'm taking this too so fuck you.
then why are they smiling? i dont think your interpretation holds up

If that were the case they'd be drinking from the bottle.

Corkscrew takes top priority in a move, not glasses.

Source: Personal experience.
You have a limited view of alcoholics

Some try to maintain class before their life goes down the shitter

You have obviously have not mastered the fake smile maneuver.
why would you fake smiling if you are getting divorced?

it's over. you can hate each other without the farce you go through before you bite the bullet

i think this whole discussion really illustrates how disappointing this winter sale has been thus far

why would you fake smiling if you are getting divorced?

it's over. you can hate each other without the farce you go through before you bite the bullet
No, it's what immature mature adults just do. It's a compromise, sorta halfway between committing acts of murder against one another and being legitimately civil. Halfway. You really need to spend some more time around miserable adults, you have some learning to do. Noob.

No, it's what immature mature adults just do. It's a compromise, sorta halfway between committing acts of murder against one another and being legitimately civil. Halfway. You really need to spend some more time around miserable adults, you have some learning to do. Noob.
fuqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Is that what Neuro smiles like when he buys something from Amazon DVG and makes another sale for Tony? :D

EDIT:

Wait - I've always been miserable! And that was before even becoming an adult!

And I ain't even dating or married or anything, currently.

Hmmmm...

[scratching my noggin]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back