Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleeping Dogs Collection, you mean.

It only has 17 items.

I don't think that's a "Complete" Pack.

There's 24 DLC's listed there - and that is NOT including the FREE DLC stuff.
According to the steam forums, you do get all the dlc... not just the ones listed on the store page.

is $4 Max Payne 3 gonna get matched? I'd much rather buy it through amazon, but I'm not spending extra on useless multiplayer dlc.

I'd like to get the sleepy dogs dlc if that gets matched, too

Probably been asked/answered before, but is the Max Payne Complete a single Steam key or separate Steam keys for each game/Season Pass?

People in here keep talking about Fallout deals but I don't see it listed on ashes lists. Are there Fallout deals? Specifically, I want New Vegas ultimate at $5 again :[

Hey Tony, any chance Splinter Cell Blacklist dips to $20 to match the current sale on the console versions? I just find it odd that the PC version will be $30 while the console versions are $20. It's usually the opposite way around. Thanks, and awesome sale. I already plan on picking up Arkham Origins and Lego Marvel, great prices.
PCDD is not priced matched against console or physical, fyi.

is $4 Max Payne 3 gonna get matched? I'd much rather buy it through amazon, but I'm not spending extra on useless multiplayer dlc.

I'd like to get the sleepy dogs dlc if that gets matched, too
There are some small bundles with MP3, see big green link in sig.

Tony is really darn busy this time of year. To make it easier the Tony, link the two items you want price matched and and state how long the sale it.

Hey guys,

I've received multiple PMs asking about an update on Bethesda and Microsoft. I still do not have one, as soon as I do I will update the thread.

Cheers,

Tony

Hey guys,

I've received multiple PMs asking about an update on Bethesda and Microsoft. I still do not have one, as soon as I do I will update the thread.

Cheers,
Tony
Thanks Tony!

The SkyDrive DRM Spreadsheet isn't mine, it's Sepioth's.

Also CAG-3.borked is messing with links in a bad way lately. Only the first link in the OP works, the other two are broken. Partly my fault, partly CAG-3.borked. Copying and pasting links now is also pretty broked.

The links should be: DO NOT COPY THIS

Amazon Holiday Sale, By Title - And Late Additions

Amazon Holiday Sale, Chronological Order

Sepioth's Amazon PCDD Winter Sale 2013 - DRM Listings (On Skydrive)

COPY THIS: (between the start and end copy)
Code:
Start Copy

[url=http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd/?p=11361093]Amazon Holiday Sale, By Title - And Late Additions[/url]

[url=http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd/?p=11360715]Amazon Holiday Sale, Chronological Order[/url]

[b]Sepioth[/b]'s [url=https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D96736152B17D978!295&authkey=!AATMzG9fkdMXeNE&ithint=file%2C.xlsx]Amazon PCDD Winter Sale 2013 - DRM Listings (On Skydrive)[/url]

End Copy
I'm eagerly awaiting the Beth/MS deals. :bounce:

Arrgh, my Chronological link is still broken, but CAG is being too unresponsive right now to fix it.

Edit: Fixed

:whistle2:(

On the topic of updates, any news on YDKJ Steam keys?
LOL I was just coming here to ask about this. That Humble $10 You Don't Know Jack pack with Steam keys keeps teasing me.

I don't want to buy it knowing I can get it for $5 but I don't want the Amazon $5 pack because I want it on Steam.

Yes I want my cake and to eat it too. :p

Also would not complain if there was an update on any sort of Enslaved sale or bundle.

LOL I was just coming here to ask about this. That Humble $10 You Don't Know Jack pack with Steam keys keeps teasing me.

I don't want to buy it knowing I can get it for $5 but I don't want the Amazon $5 pack because I want it on Steam.

Also would not complain if there was an update on any sort of Enslaved sale or bundle.
Idea:

If HB allows this, find one who'll buy the YDKJ classic 9-game pack (for DRM-FREE + Steam keys).

Let them keep the DRM-FREE copies only, if they don't want the Steam-keys.

And you pay them $5 for them to give you the Steam keys.

EDIT:

I already bought YDKJ 9-Pack (DRM-FREE version) from Amazon DVG, so it won't be me.

I hate to tell you, but...

cake_is_a_lie.jpg

Idea:

If HB allows this, find one who'll buy the YDKJ classic 9-game pack (for DRM-FREE + Steam keys).

Let them keep the DRM-FREE copies only, if they don't want the Steam-keys.

And you pay them $5 for them to give you the Steam keys.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Now Humble directly redeems keys to your Steam account. If you gift someone a game from a bundle, for example, it will remove the DRM-free version from your library as well.

That's why I've stopped giving out my extra Humble keys.. :(

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Now Humble directly redeems keys to your Steam account. If you gift someone a game from a bundle, for example, it will remove the DRM-free version from your library as well.

Thanks for that warning! Aaah, I can't help but wonder if that was the driving reason for moving from steam-keys to links.

:'(

Technically the Humble DRM free and Steam copies were always meant as a convenience feature for personal use of the same person who bought them (or had it gifted to them) only. It was never meant that you should buy one copy of the game and gift the Steam key but keep the DRM free or vice versa and that was always made clear in their terms that nobody reads.

But then again technically Amazon.com digital games is for buyers who have a US address only *winkwinknudgenudge* so we all know how well people follow rules when there's not a system in place to enforce them...

Sorry if I missed this anywhere, but is Dues Ex: Human Revolution The Director's Cut going on sale at all? I think it's 50% off now. Wondering if it'll get cut as low as the other versions which are on sale. Thanks!

Sorry if I missed this anywhere, but is Dues Ex: Human Revolution The Director's Cut going on sale at all? I think it's 50% off now. Wondering if it'll get cut as low as the other versions which are on sale. Thanks!
I am pretty sure it was $5 on steam few days ago.

It was in one of the previous flash sales at 75% off :/

It was in one of the previous flash sales at 75% off :/
Yup. I saw it. Decided today that it would make a great Christmas present for my brother-in-law. I see that Amazon has the Standard and Augmented Editions on Sale December 24th. I was wondering if the Director's Cut will be too. Anyone willing to guess? Or, perhaps, confirm?

So are the Editor's Choice games going to be heavily discounted before we apply our coupons? I don't see the big deal about getting Amazon to price match Steam for every purchase just for a $5 coupon off an unknown game at an unknown price. Especially since Amazon charges tax (for me anyway) and it usually takes awhile for me to get my key. Do we even know if the Editors Choice games will be on sale at ALL, or are we using our $5 coupons on the full price?

This isn't me being a smartass, this is a legitimate question. There's a lot of hype around this sale and I've only seen a few worthwhile things things on sale that haven't been on sale a million times before (or likely to get discounted on Steam anyway).

So are the Editor's Choice games going to be heavily discounted before we apply our coupons? I don't see the big deal about getting Amazon to price match Steam for every purchase just for a $5 coupon off an unknown game at an unknown price. Especially since Amazon charges tax (for me anyway) and it usually takes awhile for me to get my key. Do we even know if the Editors Choice games will be on sale at ALL, or are we using our $5 coupons on the full price?

This isn't me being a smartass, this is a legitimate question. There's a lot of hype around this sale and I've only seen a few worthwhile things things on sale that haven't been on sale a million times before (or likely to get discounted on Steam anyway).
Last year, most of the EC sales prices were $5.00 more then the sale prices of the games throughout the year. There were 1 or 2 good deals but Amazon's best deals were on BF.

So are the Editor's Choice games going to be heavily discounted before we apply our coupons?
Depends on lots of things - the game, Amazon DVG, and the publisher.

Like the Holiday Sales - the game's prices will vary and Tony will tell us what's on sale at a killer price.

Hopefully, it'll be in a BIG spreadsheet.

And hopefully, Ashes will sort it out. ;)

Sometimes, yes - the deals might be killer; and even more killer after a coupon.

In 2012 -> Total War: Shogun 2 was $2.49; and Civ 5 was $3.99 after coupon.

In 2013 -> Fable Franchise pack (Fable 1: TLC + Fable 3 - Steam-versions) was like $4 after coupon.

You could NOT find prices like that on those games and bundles ANYWHERE else.

Sometimes, the price is a typical sale price - but when you toss in that $5 coupon, it'll beat everybody else by a mile.

Sometimes, the price is horrible - and the coupon will NOT make a deal for you.

If you buy tons of games - like me, you might use a few of these coupons; for yourself and/or for others.

I don't see the big deal about getting Amazon to price match Steam for every purchase just for a $5 coupon off an unknown game at an unknown price. Especially since Amazon charges tax (for me anyway) and it usually takes awhile for me to get my key. Do we even know if the Editors Choice games will be on sale at ALL, or are we using our $5 coupons on the full price?

I might be guessing you weren't here in Jan 2012 + Jan 2013 -> these sales can be killer; especially after the coupon. Especially if you do NOT buy lots of games.

And especially true if there's some big title you missed out on.

And, there's a good chance out there - if you don't need the coupon, someone else might need a coupon. You could wind-up buying w/ your coupon games for them - whether you want to make a deal w/ them (trade, Paypal, whatever); or if you want to be nice so just gift someone a game/give them a Steam-key.

You don't know Jack pack on Steam problem solved. It's $5 on Steam now. Sorry Amazon.

You don't know Jack pack on Steam problem solved. It's $5 on Steam now. Sorry Amazon.
Just came here to say same thing .. as much as I like Tony and would by from Amazon .. the lack of Steam keys was the issue ..

Wonder why Tony could never get the keys yet Humble did.

Just came here to say same thing .. as much as I like Tony and would by from Amazon .. the lack of Steam keys was the issue ..

I guess this time for y'all Steam-fans - Amazon Don't Know Jack! ;)

I already bought YDKJ 9-pack (DRM-FREE version) from ADVG other day and added them as Non-Steam games, so....doesn't effect me.

{shrug}

I do that a lot w/ Non-Steam games.

Does anyone know whether Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion will be pricematch to steam $7.49 price point? The steam deals end in about 14 hours so I don't know if I should still wait for amazon to pricematch

They probably had already promised the keys to Steam? Don't know.

I guess this time for y'all Steam-fans - Amazon Don't Know Jack! ;)

I already bought YDKJ 9-pack (DRM-FREE version) from ADVG other day and added them as Non-Steam games, so....doesn't effect me.

{shrug}

I do that a lot w/ Non-Steam games.
I agree with you for the most part... I have games spread across all forms of DRM and distributors. It really doesn't matter to me whether something is Steam, UPlay, Origin, DRM-free or whatever. In this case, however, I can see why having it on Steam could be a benefit. Down the road, Steam games will be able to be streamed to Steam-boxes and YDKJ is a very console/family-room game. I wonder if the non-Steam games will be as easily streamed to a Steam-box once that gets implemented.

Does anyone know whether Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion will be pricematch to steam $7.49 price point? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/33961/
I doubt so :/ Tony doesnt comment anything about it and also Amazon already pricematched Shadow Warrior before than AOEII, but theres a little hope because maybe Tony will bring us an update on Microsoft games

Sorry, let me unleash my Scrooge voice here for a bit.

The whole "EC" list and coupons always felt rather lame to me. The deals aren't usually that great, and the best deals tend to get "fixed" rather quickly. 

Keep in mind, that the prices are going to be set with the "coupon" in mind, so you're only going to get the deal that they're willing to let you get. 

-Scrooge

The whole "EC" list and coupons always felt rather lame to me. The deals aren't usually that great, and the best deals tend to get "fixed" rather quickly.

Keep in mind, that the prices are going to be set with the "coupon" in mind, so you're only going to get the deal that they're willing to let you get.

-Scrooge
I have a Pavlovian response in place for when I see you've posted, so when i clicked on the notifications and your icon was next to the amazon thread, I salivated and clicked hastily...this was about the opposite of what I had selfishly hoped for.

You aren't wrong, and this year I'm sure it'll be a little more lackluster given there's no overlap with the tail end of the Steam sale.  Not going to lie, I intend to game the system and pick up a few crappy DLC, roll the dice, and see what happens.  Also I could have sworn stuff was added to the list by this time last year.  Only 8-9 more days left in the year...

-Scrooge
I can't see how it's that lame.

These EC coupons, I probably will find a few killer deals on stuff I missed - and take those.

I'll find a lot of deals offered, I'll just pass on - since I buy TONS of games and might own these already; or I might find a deal I don't think is that good.

This sounds like most sales for me, anyways.

And I'll probably make deals w/ others who want me to buy something for them w/ the coupon.

{Shoulder shrug}

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back