Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[Massive but excellent post]
Fortunately idiotecquetacoquierecorona doesn't post much anymore~

PS - Which reddit does Tony post on? I only recently registered there (had to take a 50 min shower afterwards) so I'm ready to wade into the fray.

This is a valid concern and kind of a catch 22.

NOTE: THIS IS SPECULATION ON MY PART

I believe that strong sales against the $5 price point will allow me to make a good enough case to get it into January at $7.49 pre-coupon. I also believe that the inverse is true.

Who knows though, I might be way off on that speculation, I have been before.

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks so much for responding to this, Tony! I will definitely bite at $7.50 pre-coupon. Hope it works out.

Out of curiosity, what is everyone planning on using their coupons on? So far I'm thinking Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 are very likely candidates. I'd love to see the Namco bundle. Mortal Kombat I could do for $7.50 - maybe $10 pre-coupon, but that'd be pushing it, as I already own it for PS3. I'm hoping to get the Command and Conquer bundle for free, as it uses icky, icky Origin. But I don't want to pay to buy the C&C3 expansion and Red Alert 3 on Steam, not after I got stuck halfway through C&C due to bugs in the last patch that made the mission impossible to win.

While I agree. AAA games (including Squeenix) tend to bottom out at $5 (maybe sweeter with GMG/GF 20% code or the like). I'd certainly imagine a complete pack of this for a better price than the DLC is now. But none of the DLC for TR2013 is worth it. Multiplayer is bad and dead. The extra Tomb (pre-order bonus)... well most the tombs are really dumbed down... it's more like bonus XP dlc). The rest is skins.

I picked it up for $10 from Amazon in summer. It was worth it.
Appreciate your input, but TR was already in a bundle with Hitman Absolution and Sleeping Dogs for $14 earlier this fall. And remember the epic Squeenix bundle from two years ago with Deux Ex, JC2, Quantum Condundrum, Last Remnant, and I think one or two others for like $10? Even $5 seems like a lot for TR by those standards.

1.19 Quantum Conundrum + dlc bundle. Price error?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJ1WOR6
Nice catch. Picked it up as coupon fodder. I will drop the keys in a giveaway I'm planning after all the sales have concluded!

The reason he's probably posting on Reddit more than here, is because every sale some self-entitled a-holes that never post come out of the woodwork and b!tch about something. Most of us here are probably more sale savvy than those on Reddit, so they probably have a warmer and thankful attitude toward the deals Tony brings, while some (and I do mean a very small percentage. I believe even Tony said they were "a small but vocal few" at one point). A year ago, I voiced my concern over Darksiders II being dropped even further on the EC list after buying it while it was on sale, and a "small but vocal few" took that as a catalyst to jump up Tony's ass like a mob wielding pitchforks and burning torches after Frankenstein's Monster. I'll share his response with you now. You'll note that even a year ago, he was getting fed up with how people responded to him on CAG. I don't post this to reopen old wounds or give the cracks in the woodwork dwellers a jumping off point, but the fact is we need to remember that even though this is the internet and we feel security in hiding behind fake avatars and screennames. There are real world consequences to how we behave, and there is a very real cause and effect relationship that we are involved in and we are affected by whether we realize it or not. I respect Tony, and I feel, as you can see below that he respects those that can voice there concern in a rational manner. The grand takeaway from this is: You want him to post here more, give him a reason to.

Sent 25 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hey man,

Wanted to reach out to you directly regarding the posts today, and your most recent one. First and foremost I'm really sorry that you caught flak in the thread, that was not my intent (see below).

My response today was in no way an attempt to direct negative comments towards you nor "blame you" for anything. I put blame in quotes because I don't think there's any blame to be assigned.

I am constantly taking feedback from you guys and figuring out how to make it impact the business. Your statement yesterday was something to the effect of "this is going to negatively impact the longterm health of your business", I can find the direct quote if you need me to, that particular statement made me stop and figure out if there was a way to quantify that statement.

I looked at how our holiday sale is doing, and determined we could afford to not drive anything deeper, and thus address what I thought might be a valid concern from you. Spending money to drive promotions is something we do all the time, I wish you believed that but I really don't have any appropriate proof I can provide to you.

Honestly, I thought you'd respond with "thanks for taking my comments seriously enough to take action".

Anyway, I won't be posting this in thread because I don't want people to read and again go back to discussing whether or not your comments are the reason for it but I'm going to take some time away from CAG, not sure how long.

I've been online roughly 20 hours/day for the past 12 days and a good portion of that time has been spent troubleshooting and helping the people on this forum. The whole conversation today has left me feeling completely gutted.

Anyway, again, just wanted to reach out again directly and apologize for any flak you caught today and explain where I was coming from.

Cheers,
Tony
I'll just say that it seems almost every time Tony posts a deal, a lot of the response is "What about THIS though?" or "Can you get us THIS TOO?", and there are too few "Thanks so much Tony!"

I think some of us have gotten spoiled by these deals and have taken them for granted.

Not EVERYone does this, and I'm sure Tony wants some of this feedback, but sometimes it seems kinda thankless.

Just my 2 cents.

I think this shows that CAG is the hot stuck up chick that thought we could keep abusing tony and never lose him to that dorky reddit bitch

We over estimated our hotness

Tony thanks  for getting eu4 on 75% off thanks for racing pack for namco and thanks for the trying ur best on getting trnasformer bundle but activision wont bow to the  king of awesomee sale that has flounder tho. thanks for max payne complet sale. thanks for jan ec credit for darksdieers franchise. thanks for ur cs support last wintere for givign me credit to geet the right 2k game. thanks for ACM  SEASON  pass thanks for metro last lgiht seaspon pass thanks for inversion in last yeear blackc friday. my reason it to be long and good for tony to have good day. also thanks tony for those great giveawyas

not a complete list but still looking to get:

shadow warrior under $7

castlevania lords of shadow  under $7

assassin creed 3 deluxe under $10

metro last light+dlc+season pass under $10

bioshock inf. dlc clash in clouds, columbias finest $1 each

saints row 4 dlc 75% off

borderlands 2 dlc 75% off

Bought for the DLC.
Hm, I also just bought QC just for the DLC, as I owned the base game only. This QC pack comes as one Steam code, and tells me "you already own this" when trying to activate it - and doesn't unlock the DLC.. Bummer.

Edit: Oof, please disregard, I totally missed the DLC codes listed in different entries in my "your games" page, was looking in the same boxed entry.. Sigh. Thanks Detruire!

saints row 4 dlc 75% off

You're going to be waiting a while for that… i.e. probably not this sale cycle at any e-tailer.

shadow warrior under $7

castlevania lords of shadow under $7

saints row 4 dlc complete 75% off for 9.99

borderlands 2 dlc pack 9.99
fixed

Here's the link for Tony's specific thread for Reddit analogous to this thread on CAG. He post as Tvacgamer

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1tjv8i/amazon_digital_holiday_continues_25_off_star_wars/
i should tell tony to come bacckc that we love him and miss him very muchc heh

Tony, thank you for the continued awesome deals and trying to match steam or others to help us cheap a$$ gamers.  Of course we ask for more, but only because we believe in you.  For example, we have complete faith that you can price match the DLC for Borderlands 2 i.e. the newer headhunter packs.

In all seriousness, you are appreciated around here.  We love it that you are willing to share spreadsheets of the sales, willing to give us teasers, updates, a heads up, etc...  You are like our cool big brother.

By the way, Spoderman wants to show you something.

Something about cheap, possible price mistake games get me.  I bought Quantum Conundrum even though I already had it and the DLC.  I guess I got a EC coupon.  Now to figure out what to do with the game.

Out of curiosity, what is everyone planning on using their coupons on? So far I'm thinking Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 are very likely candidates. I'd love to see the Namco bundle.
Tony said here that he doesn't think FC3 will be likely, which is disappointing (it's one of the only big games I was hoping for.) :whistle2:(

You're going to be waiting a while for that… i.e. probably not this sale cycle at any e-tailer.
i don't have a time limit although sooner is better than later. it also depends on my budget since its the holidays finances are constrained for now. i might pay more if it is close to my suggested price but if it means waiting till like summer 2014, i'm ok with it.

I can see why he left to go to that, nearly every comment says "thanks" and "you're awesome" instead of 

"max payne 3 on sale again, fuck this" or "tony, i asked this question, why didn't you answer? GUESS I'LL ASK AGAIN YOU LAZY TWAT" or "WTF BLAHBLAHBLAH HAPPENED AND INSTEAD OF CONTACTING CUSTOMER SERVICE I'M GONNA BITCH TO YOU ABOUT IT"

Tony, just wanted to say I really appreciate all the work you put into getting us all these great deals, despite what anyone else may say and if I myself don't always show it. I was stocked when you managed to price match two obscure games for me back during the summer, so even if you don't come around anymore, thanks for all you did before and I hope the people of Reddit treat you better than some that reside here.

Feel free to come back anytime you want though :wave:

We need to show him our tits.
I don't think Tony is into man boobs, so we are all screwed.

I can see why he left to go to that, nearly every comment says "thanks" and "you're awesome" instead of

"max payne 3 on sale again, fuck this" or "tony, i asked this question, why didn't you answer? GUESS I'LL ASK AGAIN YOU LAZY TWAT" or "WTF BLAHBLAHBLAH HAPPENED AND INSTEAD OF CONTACTING CUSTOMER SERVICE I'M GONNA BITCH TO YOU ABOUT IT"
It's actually waaaay tamer this year than it was last year.

i don't have a time limit although sooner is better than later. it also depends on my budget since its the holidays finances are constrained for now. i might pay more if it is close to my suggested price but if it means waiting till like summer 2014, i'm ok with it.
Understood. And I'm like you -- I have certain price points set in mind for games and rarely budge. Just wanted to 'warn you' not to expect a lot of those prices this time around. There MIGHT be some lucky coincidences with the EC lining up with Steam midweek/weekend deals in January but it's a bit of a gamble.

Maybe the glitch is for games that start with "Q".

Q.U.B.E. is $3.39 instead of $4.99. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZ1ONQQ
still 2.89 too much

http://groupees.com/hh

better off getting that in the groupees bundle for fitty cents
was going to point that out, might've if I would've gotten off work on time. :)

Every game on Steam Ultimate Mega Hoarder's Edition Special Pack

for $5 in January after the 3rd.

shadow warrior under $7

castlevania lords of shadow under $7

saints row 4 dlc 75% off

If you're going to dream, dream big!!!!!

Damn, just missed the Quantum Conundrum bundle. Looks like they "fixed" the price so the bundle is almost twice what it would cost to get the stuff individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back