Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, when (if) Tony drops the EC list today, He'll inform us that the steam version of the Genesis Collection will be up very, very soon :D

I'd imagine if Tages were indeed removed, there would be a lot of talk about it instead of a lot of questions on whether it's still in there.

Okay, I've finally rounded up all my extra games into one list. Want one or four or twenty? Send me a PM!

[SIZE=12pt]The Showdown Effect, Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes (1 thru 3), Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City, Titan Quest, Warhammer: Dawn of War, Scribblenauts Unlimited, C+C Red Alert 3, Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield 3, Populous,  Magicka, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Garry's Mod, Orcs Must Die GOTY, Sanctum Collection, Cities in Motion 2, Neighbours From Hell Compilation, LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sorcery, Psychonauts, Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid, Bastion, FTL: Faster Than Light, Eets Munchies, Mark of the Ninja, Shank 2, Cave Story+, Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, Humble Indie Bundle #3, Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row: The Third, Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package, Gemini Rue, EDGE, Anomaly, and Osmos.[/SIZE]

Happy... Day After A Major Holiday!

EDIT: If you sent me a PM, I'm not ignoring you. It's going to take me awhile to sort this out so I'll get back to you all when I get home later tonight  :)

I'm not going to be requesting anything, tjs09, but I want to thank you for your generosity - It's always nice to see CAG's in a giving spirit.
Yeah that's an impressive list of games and a true display of Christmas Spirit, thanks tjs09! Your message inbox must be flooded xD.

Yeah, I've searched several times on here and Amazon and it's nothing but Steam. Lame
I feel your pain; I got the game free with my graphics card from EVGA but of course it's the Uplay version, so I've been waiting ages for a good price on the Season Pass.

I feel like I've asked this question a zillion times, so apologies, but Anno 2070 Complete is actually complete right? All the available DLC is included?
Searching the Steam forums, yes, it seems to be complete, including Deep Ocean, all the separate DLC, pre-order bonuses and two tiny little things that were part of the Deluxe Edition. There was a lot of misinformation regarding Anno 2070 editions but reports say the Complete is indeed complete.

Searching the Steam forums, yes, it seems to be complete, including Deep Ocean, all the separate DLC, pre-order bonuses and two tiny little things that were part of the Deluxe Edition. There was a lot of misinformation regarding Anno 2070 editions but reports say the Complete is indeed complete.
I'm confused too. If you buy the Complete Edition you get Deep Ocean. If you buy the Complete Pack you don't it seems, but get other stuff not listed in the Complete Edition. Way to get people confused steam! Your just a bunch of disappointment to me!

Possibly a stupid question, but can we use multiple 5 dollar credits in January? Not stacking, but being able to buy more than one game discounted by 5.00. I might get a bit trip game or two to supplement the two credits I would already receive. 

Hey guys,

Here's an early look at the first batch of stuff that will hit the Editor's Choice list in early January:

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99 

BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99 

BioShock Infinite  - $13.1967 

Contrast  - $11.99 

Crysis 3  - $9.99 

Dead Space 3  - $9.99 

Dead Space 3: Awakened  - $8.49 

F1 2013  - $24.99 

F1 2013 Classic Edition  - $32.49 

FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99 

FIFA 14  - $28.99 

Final Exam  - $7.99 

NBA 2K14  - $19.99 

Need For Speed Rivals  - $29.99 

Need for Speed Rivals:  [Instant Access] - $29.99 

SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99 

SimCity - Standard Edition  - $19.99 

SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99 

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified   - $14.99 

The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff  - $9.99 

The Sims 3 Dragon Valley  - $9.99 

The Sims 3 Into the Future   - $17.99 

The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition  - $14.99 

The Sims 3 Monte Vista  - $9.99 

The Sims 3 Movie Stuff  - $9.99 

The Sims 3 Starter Pack  - $9.99 

The XCOM Collection  - $14.99 

XCOM: Enemy Within  - $19.99

Again, note, this list is preliminary, we're still waiting to hear back from most of our pubs/devs.

Cheers,

Tony

Possibly a stupid question, but can we use multiple 5 dollar credits in January? Not stacking, but being able to buy more than one game discounted by 5.00. I might get a bit trip game or two to supplement the two credits I would already receive.
The $5 credits are basically digital currency and can be used as such (outside of like you mentioned, stacking $5 credits on a single item.)

There is no limit to the amount you can use on separate purchases.

The only game that jumps out for me is The Bureau. The other games have been in that price even after the EC credit. :(
The Bureau is $10 right now at GMG (with no tax but that may not factor to you) so that's not really worth the EC credits

Did anyone get to play Final Exam yet? Remember thinking that looked cool

The only one that stands out for me is Crysis 3 after $5 credit.

Everything else is or has been cheaper on Amazon or elsewhere.

Might pick up Crysis 3, but the one I would really like to pick up is The Bureau.  If it were $5 - $7.50 after EC credit I'd definitely buy it.

That is the gamble concerning the EC list. We might get a sneak peak at it shortly. Deadpool is currently cheaper through GameFly with the 20% off voucher GFDDEC20
Thanks for the GameFly link, bought it. I guess 8$ is good for the game :) Looking at the early EC list and the prices I think LEGO Marvel won't get much cheaper, bought it as well. 20$ for both games isn't bad.

Hey guys,

Here's an early look at the first batch of stuff that will hit the Editor's Choice list in early January:

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99

BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99

BioShock Infinite - $13.1967

Contrast - $11.99

Crysis 3 - $9.99

Dead Space 3 - $9.99

Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49

F1 2013 - $24.99

F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49

FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99

FIFA 14 - $28.99

Final Exam - $7.99

NBA 2K14 - $19.99

Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99

Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99

SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99

SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99

SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99

The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99

The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99

The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99

The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99

The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99

The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99

The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99

The XCOM Collection - $14.99

XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

Again, note, this list is preliminary, we're still waiting to hear back from most of our pubs/devs.

Cheers,

Tony
No Skyrim! *cries softly*

Thanks for sharing Tony, as always. Now you can go back to felling dragons and other shenanigans.

Might pick up Crysis 3, but the one I would really like to pick up is The Bureau. If it were $5 - $7.50 after EC credit I'd definitely buy it.
So far, I'm thinking the same thing for Dead Space 3 and Cyrsis 3. Yumm. I think I only have $10 total credit coming my way so far so if nothing else comes up for me (Bethesda), I guess thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back