Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
i only bought the following with last years coupons

Max Payne 3 [Online Game Code] TOTAL $9.99

XCOM: Enemy Unknown [Download] TOTAL $19.99-2 months after release

Spec Ops: The Line [Download] TOTAL $2.49

DOW Franchise Pack [Download] TOTAL $4.99

Hotline Miami [Download] TOTAL $0.00

Microsoft 5-Game Arcade Pack [Download] TOTAL $4.99

Age of Empires III Complete Collection [Download]  TOTAL $4.99

Paradox War Chest [Download] TOTAL $2.49

Paradox 2012 Ultimate Pack [Download] TOTAL $9.99

and there was fable and  and some other good packs i had already

so yeah it was a lame promo last year :p

and thanks for the heads up about the pit :)

Unfortunately those (well, SRTT definitely) only happened because Amazon price-matched Steam. This year they've delayed the EC start so that it doesn't overlap with the end of the Steam sale
Don't be so pessimistic. I'm sure Tony will make something good happen :p. And also Amazon may pricematch dailies, weeklongs, etc. a pricematch from the holiday sale is not required to get a good deal.

Based on the recommendations here, I'm taking a chance with SotS: The Pit.  Won't be able to activate it until later today, but hopefully it is still the Gold edition.

Don't be so pessimistic. I'm sure Tony will make something good happen :p. And also Amazon may pricematch dailies, weeklongs, etc. a pricematch from the holiday sale is not required to get a good deal.
To get a great deal with the EC included, the system automatically PM'ing a Steam deal is usually the most reliable way. The deals Tony manages to work out while the EC coupons are working usually factor in the EC and keep the price around the same as Nov/Dec pricing (AFTER EC COUPON).

There are exceptions, but usually on games that were (Darksiders for example was mentioned) part of another deal (ie., THQ Humble Bundle included Darksiders for example) for far less previously.

I remember 2012 EC being better then last year, but after looking through my amazon EC history I don't know why. It must have been that 2013 games were slightly higher in price during EC.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $2.99 after EC

Duke Nukem Forever $0.99 after EC

Alice Complete $6.99 after EC

Fable bundle $4.99 after EC

Desert Sea bundle (spec op, bioshock 1&2) 4.99 after EC
DNF was flat out free last year or the year before with the code.

I went ahead and took the risk buying Brothers from Amazon before the sale is over.  Sure it may be bundled later or EC'd but it looks worth it as-is and I do get an extra coupon buying it now.

Based on the recommendations here, I'm taking a chance with SotS: The Pit. Won't be able to activate it until later today, but hopefully it is still the Gold edition.
I just bought it, it is the gold edition, it doesnt say "gold" anywhere, but it has the two DLC.

Based on the recommendations here, I'm taking a chance with SotS: The Pit. Won't be able to activate it until later today, but hopefully it is still the Gold edition.
it activated as 'Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition' so there is no doubt about that.

i only bought the following with last years coupons

Max Payne 3 [Online Game Code] TOTAL $9.99

XCOM: Enemy Unknown [Download] TOTAL $19.99-2 months after release

Spec Ops: The Line [Download] TOTAL $2.49

DOW Franchise Pack [Download] TOTAL $4.99

Age of Empires III Complete Collection [Download] TOTAL $4.99

Paradox War Chest [Download] TOTAL $2.49

Paradox 2012 Ultimate Pack [Download] TOTAL $9.99

and there was fable and and some other good packs i had already

so yeah it was a lame promo last year :p

and thanks for the heads up about the pit :)
Don't forget epic Walking Dead price -7.49$ after coupon, which was cheapest for quite a long time.

I'm hoping Shadow Warrior will be on the EC list thiis year or maybe the Wolf Among Us.
I would too. WAU seems like a more remote possibility though, given that it's so hot. Shadow Warrior is from Devolver and they're pretty discount-friendly.

Don't forget epic Walking Dead price -7.49$ after coupon, which was cheapest for quite a long time.
That's been the standard sale price for a while. Amazon had that over BF for sure. Maybe over Halloween as well.

I'm hoping Shadow Warrior will be on the EC list thiis year or maybe the Wolf Among Us.
SW is really tempting, yeah. With my backlog another FPS at $10 is too much, but I'd grab it in a heartbeat at $5.

Lol I'm not going to lie, I pretty much stop reading the thread for a day or so after posting the initial EC list now and wait until things have died down/people PM me/I have a better update.

Love you guys but the hate can flow quickly here sometimes :).

Cheers,

Tony

Hopefully I can pick up Season 2 of Walking Dead early this year. Usually I have no problems waiting for a sequel to a game I like to hit rock bottom in price, but this one is different.

Lol I'm not going to lie, I pretty much stop reading the thread for a day or so after posting the initial EC list now and wait until things have died down/people PM me/I have a better update.

Cheers,

Tony
Don't worry. I hated the EC list, but I kept it bottled up. :)

Edit: Drat! You tricked me into revealing myself!

Been waiting for Brothers to show up on Steam, but after it failing to show up again in today's deals, I just decided to pay the extra $1~ and grab it from Amazon. Went to go and buy it and see "Currently Unavailable" -_-. Tony please help!

That's been the standard sale price for a while. Amazon had that over BF for sure. Maybe over Halloween as well.

SW is really tempting, yeah. With my backlog another FPS at $10 is too much, but I'd grab it in a heartbeat at $5.
No it was 12.49$ for at least 3 months after EC.

I got Don't Starve at 92% off for $1.19 due to Steam mistake. At least I can scratch that off my EC wishlist. 

I guess now I can only wait for Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Rogue Legacy.

Long live pricing errors!

Cheers,

Tony
I'm only mad at Steam, its like they aren't trying to give good sales. I'm still erked over Skyrim DLC and I keep missing sales for the dumbest reasons. At least there is hope for me there as Steam loves to repeat.

Is there any chance Hitman Absolution Professional Edition will be on the Editor's Choice list?

It's up on Steam but if I can get it for cheaper at Amazon...

Cheers,
Tony
The funny thing is, there wasn't much (if any) hate. Most people were being honest, but we understand that list is what it is because you haven't heard back from publishers/devs yet.

The funny thing is, there wasn't much (if any) hate. Most people were being honest, but we understand that list is what it is because you haven't heard back from publishers/devs yet.
Seemed pretty tame to me too... but then again, I'm not the one to whom it was directed.

I think, if anything, people have sky-high expectations based upon past sales and that's a good thing. They just need to work on their communication skills a bit.

I see your giving Skyrim a break tony :joystick:

TIOl6zZ.png
Haha, my brother is playing I'd imagine. He has strict orders never to respond to any of you asking him about deals via instant message :).

Lol sorry, that was tongue in cheek :) I don't ever just stop reading the thread. Last year was bad though.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony,

Will you price match Steams daily on AC3: Season Pass? I missed the amazon Steam deal for it. 

Also, will Black Flag go on sale in the january sale?

Ask not what Tony can do for you, ask what you can do for Tony.

I made him a macaroni picture of a kitty cat. But then I got hungry and ate it. Sorry Tony.

Way to make that clear.
I think he wants it to be $10 so he can use a coupon and get it for $5.

Luckily I AM psychic. Stay away from that sort of wobbly chair today btw.

I don't want to post any opinion about the EC list because I know is in "alpha" state (But I already said Crysis 3 price is amazing xD) . Also, I bought the games because I liked them + the price. Granted I wanted the coupons, but I didn't bought anything solely based on them. I don't even know if I'll have any money by the EC sales date!

We all know the EC sale is not just one day, and Tony will show us some great deals during that sale... and we will be hating us for not grabbed more coupons xD

Cheers,

Tony
Times were always better in the old days (whenever those were). I had to be reminded that I really did score some good deals in January 2013. The prices might not seem good now but they were good then and I still feel like I got a good deal on them.

Hotline Miami $2.49 after coupon

Secret World $12.99 after coupon

Darkness 2 $2.50 after coupon

Dawn of War Franchise Pack $5 after coupon

NFS The Run $3 after coupon

Max Payne 3 $10 after coupon

Syndicate $5 after coupon

MS 5 game arcade pack $5 after coupon

MS Fable Bundle $5 after coupon

AoE 3 $5 after coupon

Paradox Ultimate Pack $10 after coupon

Dark Souls PtDE $12.50 after coupon

Transformers War for Cybertron $5 no coupon

Sleeping Dogs $10 no coupon

Max Payne 2 $2.50 no coupon

You Don't Know Jack $3 no coupon

A lot of my purchases were actually the last week of January so bear in mind a list we receive at the end of December is most certainly very premature.

so with the $5 coupon, do they send an email out immediately or how does that work? picked up a game yesterday but havent gotten anything on the $5 credit for the sale coming up

EDIT* nevermind, was looking at the wrong thing...says on or shortly after January 3, 2014. :)

so with the $5 coupon, do they send an email out immediately or how does that work? picked up a game yesterday but havent gotten anything on the $5 credit for the sale coming up

EDIT* nevermind, was looking at the wrong thing...says on or shortly after January 3, 2014. :)
Jan 3 is the day, you wanna wait for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back