Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love the Sims 3 expansions, but I can't play for more than 15 minutes without a crash or save stalling. Makes me wonder if I should give up and wait for Sims 4.

I'd love the Sims 3 expansions, but I can't play for more than 15 minutes without a crash or save stalling. Makes me wonder if I should give up and wait for Sims 4.
Hm. That's too bad. I had to quit playing Zoo Tycoon 2 for basically the same reason except that it would crash within about 1-2 minutes or 1-2 actions. Much more irritating.

It's hard to say whether 4 will be more stable. It's an EA game so it's probably about a 50/50 chance.

I wish they can remake classic like Theme Hospital, but knowing that EA has taken over Bullfrog Productions, even if they remake one, there are going to be tons of dlcs like the Sims.

Hm. That's too bad. I had to quit playing Zoo Tycoon 2 for basically the same reason except that it would crash within about 1-2 minutes or 1-2 actions. Much more irritating.

It's hard to say whether 4 will be more stable. It's an EA game so it's probably about a 50/50 chance.
That can't be Zoo Tycoon 2 itself though I think? I have the game with all expansions and it's stability was rock solid. Though I do hear it won't work on Win 8 (haven't tried it yet)

Still hoping/praying the new Zoo Tycoon makes it to PC one day.

That can't be Zoo Tycoon 2 itself though I think? I have the game with all expansions and it's stability was rock solid. Though I do hear it won't work on Win 8 (haven't tried it yet)

Still hoping/praying the new Zoo Tycoon makes it to PC one day.
Yep, it started doing this after I migrated to Win 8.

I'd also like to see the new ZT on PC and it probably will show up eventually, even though MS likes to fool us by being all coy and cagey about it. However, the reviews have been mediocre at best. The only saving grace will be that we'll probably get a bundle when it does get ported over with all of the expansions and once it shows up on PCs the modders will be able to turn it into the Zoo Tycoon 3 that we were clamoring for but never got.

[quote name="eulogywerd21" post="11392392" timestamp="1388178583"]Totally desperate![/quote]

Whoops stupid autocorrect, are they separate keys?

ok a little off topic, but cannot resist

what is sad about the you tube video on the prior page is that;

1) about 5 years ago, I was that heavy

2) he is in complete denial about the seriousness of his health problem(s)

3) there is no quick fix for morbid obesity, it requires a lifestyle change. diet and exercise

moving on, from a CAG perspective, yes $30 is way too much to spend on Biggest Loser video game

The Sims 4 will be always-online, have puny houses (the size of a closet), and you will depend on your friends to supply things from their houses in the same neighborhood in order to keep anyone alive. Also, all your sims will get stuck in doorways for days at a time when one of them wants to take a left and another one is in the way, and none of them will get to work and the power and plumbing will shut down, and you will just have a bunch of dead sims rotting in the dark amidst piles of their own various bodily fluids. For some reason, it will still be so popular that the servers will be offline for two solid months upon release, the company will give early purchasers a copy of Battlefield 3 or Crysis 2 to appease the people who are complaining (and for some reason that will work).

Welp, I just sent out a list of over 30 recommendations for the EC list. There are some really awesome suggestions in there so even if only 2-3 of them come through I think you'll all be jazzed!

Cheers,

Tony

regarding Bioware points;

800 points is basically $10

the page you linked is stating that giving you several options for "800 bioware" points that are required to buy the selected DLC i.e. 800 points for levathian is 9.99

yes, since buying from amazon, pick the exact dlc you want i.e. mass effect 3 levathian to buy it correctly

yes, bioware points were and are a pain in the rear, but amazon is our friend in this case by giving you the dlc option to pick up what you want

Welp, I just sent out a list of over 30 recommendations for the EC list. There are some really awesome suggestions in there so even if only 2-3 of them come through I think you'll all be jazzed!

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks Tony, Hard work through the holiday week :)

Here's a kitty Fus Ro Dah for relaxation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrXk49vk-A4

regarding Bioware points;

800 points is basically $10

the page you linked is stating that giving you several options for "800 bioware" points that are required to buy the selected DLC i.e. 800 points for levathian is 9.99

yes, since buying from amazon, pick the exact dlc you want i.e. mass effect 3 levathian to buy it correctly

yes, bioware points were and are a pain in the rear, but amazon is our friend in this case by giving you the dlc option to pick up what you want
Thanks.

ok a little off topic, but cannot resist

what is sad about the you tube video on the prior page is that;

1) about 5 years ago, I was that heavy

2) he is in complete denial about the seriousness of his health problem(s)

3) there is no quick fix for morbid obesity, it requires a lifestyle change. diet and exercise

moving on, from a CAG perspective, yes $30 is way too much to spend on Biggest Loser video game
If you actually follow his channel and watch a few of the videos there, you will notice that in this video, he is actually not acting as himself, but rather performing a skit, as the character called Francis. Watch a few of his Francis videos and a few other ones where he speaks normally, and you can see he is not at all in denial about the seriousness of his health problems, nor does he speak with the nerd lisp.

The 2 biggest topics (no pun intended) he speaks about are gaming and his weight problems. He knows exactly how big of a problem it is, and is trying to lose it. He encourages fellow "men of size" (his words) to acknowledge their weight problem and to get back in healthy shape.

Many of his videos have me rofling

If you actually follow his channel and watch a few of the videos there, you will notice that in this video, he is actually not acting as himself, but rather playing a skit, as the character called Francis. Watch a few of his Francis videos and a few other ones where he speaks normally, and you can see he is not at all in denial about the seriousness of his health problems.

The 2 biggest topics (no pun intended) he speaks about are gaming and his weight problems. He knows exactly how big of a problem it is, and is trying to lose it. He encourages other "men of size" to acknowledge their weight problem and to get back in healthy shape.

Many of his videos have me rofling
thanks for clarifying as just saw the one video as glad to hear that he does have a sense of humor to share with others

Cheers,

Tony
Tony, I've been trying to ask for an awesome (ok, affordable) deal on AC4 - blame me not, that's my utmost favourite franchise and sadly I am an addict :) Seeing Steam has it for mere 25% off, any chance to get a... at least 50% off deal on Gold edition? $40, maybe, or less? Would be awesome, I have only a few days from winter break left before I am back to university and I soooo much want to play it before that :) They say X-mas made wishes come true, let's see if that will work out ^^

thanks for clarifying as just saw the one video as glad to hear that he does have a sense of humor to share with others
These are some pretty funny ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg8Zjw3cPIM

This next one is probably my favorite Francis one he made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

Would love to see the requested list, so I would have approximate knowledge of games, that I should not buy on steam sale. :D

Would love to see the requested list, so I would have approximate knowledge of games, that I should not buy on steam sale. :D
If Tony posts it, there'll be a ton of disappointment for deals he's unable to squeeze out of publishers. If you want something in particular, naming it would be quite helpful.

Things that would make me feel Jazzed...

AC 3 - 9.99 (post coupon $5)

Skyrim Dragonborn DLC - $9.99 (post coupon $5)

CoD BlOps 1 - $15 (post coupon $10) Activision just acknowledging they have customers.

Final Fantasy XIV $12.49 (post coupon $7.49)

Anno 2070 Complete - $12.49 (post coupon $7.49)

Endless Space Gold - $12.49 (post coupon $7.49)

Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon Bundle  - $14.99 (post coupon $9.99)

Things that would make me feel Jazzed...

Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon Bundle - $14.99 (post coupon $9.99)
This bundle was 8.49 on Steam yesterday, IIRC. But I agree with you on these:

AC 3 - 9.99 (post coupon $5)

Anno 2070 Complete - $12.49 (post coupon $7.49)

But would also like these:

Enemy Unknown 14.99 (post coupon $10)

C&C 7.50 or $5 (post coupon $2.50 or free)

Shadow Warrior 9.99 (post coupon $5)

I wish they can remake classic like Theme Hospital, but knowing that EA has taken over Bullfrog Productions, even if they remake one, there are going to be tons of dlcs like the Sims.
YES!! I loved Theme Hospital. But I agree, the expansion packs for The Sims series is beyond ridiculous. Especially when similar content was already released as expansions on The Sims 1, they then release The Sims 2 and now The Sims 3 only to re-release new expansions that have features that already were in previous expansions. It's really quite frustrating.

But I did like Theme Hospital. Invisible Man and Inflated Head syndrome still scare the hell out of me. XD

Cheers,

Tony
*jazzed*

Probably won't happen. XD

If Tony posts it, there'll be a ton of disappointment for deals he's unable to squeeze out of publishers. If you want something in particular, naming it would be quite helpful.
Already suggested some, but here, games I wish to see, this without EC:

Deadpool - 9.99$

Brothers - ~7.49$

Enslaved - 7.49$

DmC - 9.99$

Lego Marvel Heros -12.49$

Lego Batman 2 - ~7.49$

Giana Sisters - 5.99$

Marlow Briggs - 6.49$

These are the one I could think of now, even tho I only have 4 coupons. Do think they look realistic?

EDIT: also Remember me for 8.49$ and Borderlands 2 GOTY maybe for 12.45$

Dammit I missed the Don't Starve glitch.  I guess that's what I get for playing things in my backlog (Batman:AO).  Oh well.  What sucks is that (as some of you may remember) Don't Starve is a game I won on Steamgifts, activated & owned for a few months - then I went to play it & it wasn't in my account anymore.  Contacted steam & they told me they had no record of me owning it.. lol :p

From some of Tony's earlier posts it probably looks something like this...

Skyrim / Dragonborn Bundle

Skyrim / Hearthfire Bundle

Skyrim / Dawnguard Bundle

Dawnguard / Hearthfire Bundle

Hearthfire / Dragonborn Bundle

Dragonborn / Dawnguard Bundle

Skyrim / Hearthfire / Dawnguard / Dragonborn Bundle

Skyrim / Skyrim / Skyrim Bundle

PREPARE YE TO BE JAZZED!

Every time I hear about a potential good deal on Bethesda DLC, I can't help but be cynical about the chances of it actually happening. :whistle2:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back