Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, I just sent out a list of over 30 recommendations for the EC list. There are some really awesome suggestions in there so even if only 2-3 of them come through I think you'll all be jazzed!

Cheers,

Tony
I think you mean jizzed:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY[/youtube]

thanks for clarifying as just saw the one video as glad to hear that he does have a sense of humor to share with others
Yeah, it's a fake skit, though I don't think he's lost any weight since he started doing these vids :( The Biggest Loser DVDs are definitely worth $30, but thankfully you can get them for around $5 each. Those have been real good for me.

Every time I hear about a potential good deal on Bethesda DLC, I can't help but be cynical about the chances of it actually happening. :whistle2:(

aww at least amazon gave us dragonborn @ $5

and bethesda offered dawnguard as a free update-2 months ago -mistake:p-if you had vanilla nstalled back then ,

check your data files you may have it

as for suggestions

xcom enemy within @ $10 after coupon- or if not in EC make it happen soon Tony :)

Brothers @ $3-4

Enslaved @ $5 after coupon

Lego Marvel Heroes @$7.50 after coupon

brigmore witches @66% off or better- -although the other dh dlc were already 66%off ,on july steam sale,so many grabbed them back then

and ask bethesda for a dlc sale @66-75% off individually-for dh + skyrim dlc

imo such bethesda idiocy hurts the company

many people are angry about that pricing,

and won't buy bethesda games pre goty in the future(myself included)

oh and Bioware points /dreaming

regarding Bioware points;

800 points is basically $10

the page you linked is stating that giving you several options for "800 bioware" points that are required to buy the selected DLC i.e. 800 points for levathian is 9.99

yes, since buying from amazon, pick the exact dlc you want i.e. mass effect 3 levathian to buy it correctly

yes, bioware points were and are a pain in the rear, but amazon is our friend in this case by giving you the dlc option to pick up what you want
I'd love to see some BioWare Points hit the EC list, hehe. ;)

I could go for some DA2, ME2, and ME3 DLC.

aww at least amazon gave us dragonborn @ $5

and bethesda offered dawnguard as a free update 2 months ago :p-if you had vanilla nstalled back then ,

check your data files you may have it

as for suggestions

xcom enemy within @ $10 after coupon- or if not in EC make it happen soon Tony :)

Brothers @ $3-4

Enslaved @ $5 after coupon

Lego Marvel Heroes @$7.50 after coupon

brigmore witches @66% off or better- -although the other dh dlc were already 66%off ,on july steam sale,so many grabbed them back then

and pitch all bethesda dlc sale @66% off individually

imo such bethesda idiocy hurts the company

many people are angry about that pricing,

and won't buy bethesda games pre goty in the future(myself included)
Oooh @ the thought of....

any of the Dishonored DLC + Skyrim DLC hitting EC list;

and the thought of Enslaved being $5 after coupon.

From some of Tony's earlier posts it probably looks something like this...

Skyrim / Dragonborn Bundle

Skyrim / Hearthfire Bundle

Skyrim / Dawnguard Bundle

Dawnguard / Hearthfire Bundle

Hearthfire / Dragonborn Bundle

Dragonborn / Dawnguard Bundle

Skyrim / Hearthfire / Dawnguard / Dragonborn Bundle

Skyrim / Skyrim / Skyrim Bundle

PREPARE YE TO BE JAZZED!
All bundled DLC would be hot, then I would consider these holidays sales good. Alas, who here really thinks they would do something good with Tony's recommendations in regards to Skyrim?

Every time I hear about a potential good deal on Bethesda DLC, I can't help but be cynical about the chances of it actually happening. :whistle2:(
Yeah, Bethesda is offering 66% off New Vegas coming up as a daily, just wow Bethesda.

Would love to see Dragonborn for $5 again, and bioware points on the EC list.
Me too... They had it available for $5 before but ran out of keys pretty quick. Since then I've only seen it everywhere for $13.39. Methinks Bethesda is liking that pricepoint ATM.

And I forgot about Enslaved. My mood has been into short, story-driven games lately. I'd happily pay $5 for a nice and short story-driven game.

BTW... Sang Froid is about $4 at Humble right now.

Bioware points in the EC list an actual possiblity?
I dunno - how well has ME Trilogy or any of the ME games and the Dragon Age games + Bundle Packs sold?

Might be a good idea to put all of those on sale, if they did.

Then, to put the icing on the cake - also toss them BioWare Parts for the DLC's on sale, if Amazon and EA could agree on something and both wanted to be nice. :D

EDIT:

Me too... They had it available for $5 before but ran out of keys pretty quick. Since then I've only seen it everywhere for $13.39. Methinks Bethesda is liking that pricepoint ATM.
I'd love to see Dawnguard & Hearthfire hit a nice sale.

Both at 75% off or better before or after EC coupon = SALE for me.

I want 'em!

Tony if there's not free Bioshock Infinite on the EC list you will feel an unjust amount of wrath

This thread will turn hostile as fuck

Also I want a five pound bag of gummi bears delivered to my house for every EC purchase I make

And a helicopter

Plus a puppy

I'm thinking of getting Spectromancer for $1.99 (partly for the additional $5 EC credit)

I liked the free Kongregate version, so is the extra $2 worth it?

this is what i got so far, mostly dlc.

civ 5 scrambled nations $1 greenmangaming
civ 5 scrambled continents $1 greenmangaming
civ 5 bnw $7.50 macgamestore
bioshock inf burial at sea $3.75 macgamestore [price glitch]
dishonored brigmore witches $5 amazon
total war shogun dlc $.74 amazon
payday heist & soundtrack $2.39 steam
arma 2+operation arrowhead $5 steam

my wishlist:

shadow warrior under $7

castlevania lords of shadow  under $7

assassin creed 3 deluxe under $10

metro last light+dlc+season pass under $10

bioshock inf. dlc clash in clouds, columbias finest $1 each

saints row 4 dlc 75% off or bundled under $10

borderlands 2 dlc 75% off or bundled under $10

PREPARE YE TO BE JAZZED!
I want Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Hearthfire for a very good price.

But I'm sure Bethesda most likely will ruin any hopes given the prices that showed up so far on several digital games stores.

for EC wishlist (prior to EC discount) what about;

repeat of X Com  Enemy within and Enemy Uknown together for 19.99

repeat of Lego Marvel Super Hereos at 11.99

repeat of Kentucky Route Zero for 12.49

Steam keys for blood dragon and call of Juarez gunslinger for 8.99 together

Bioshock  Infinite, Pixel Junk Monster and Shooter (the two together), Scribblenauts Unmasked, Joe Danger Bundle for 9.99 each

Skyrim Legenday for 19.99

Dishonored GOTY for 12.49

Skulls of the Shogun,  Outlast, Brothers, Rogue Legacy, Contrast, Divekick, Darkout. Guacamelee, Ducktales, Typing of the Dead, State of Decay, and Marlow Briggs for 7.49 each 

*Brink for $6 - the Mooby special (if this does not go on sale, can we all chip in for a copy for Mooby?_

What I don't understand is what Bethesderp's response is re: Brink… "Uh… no we can't go that low.  There's still a market for it!"

What I don't understand is what Bethesderp's response is re: Brink… "Uh… no we can't go that low. There's still a market for it!"
You can't get mad at them because their valuation of their games isn't as low as yours. You said the same thing about Remember Me, and I happen to think Remember Me is cool as fuck.

Also, some of your advice to Tony is strange. "If the publisher won't go lower, insult and berate them!"

You trying to get our guy fired? ;)

spacejunk, on 27 Dec 2013 - 6:13 PM, said:

PREPARE YE TO BE JAZZED!
I want Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Hearthfire for a very good price.

But I'm sure Bethesda most likely will ruin any hopes given the prices that showed up so far on several digital games stores.

I see Skyrim Legendary for 20.39 lowest price that it was on Steam up now on Amazon. Is it going to be lower than that?

Also, can we use the 5 $ coupon from the purchases before, if Skyrim becomes part of it ? or no chance..

50% off Bioware Points would be amazing. Hell, even just having Bioware Points in the EC list so I can my $5 coupons on them would be amazing. Alas, I seriously doubt either is ever going to happen.

I know that there is slim chance that somebody knows it but I have to ask.

Do you guys know if Virtua Tennis 4 is region free?I know that it's GFWL so there is big probability that it is region locked.

I really need this game and I don't know where to buy it for cheap.

Brink was $5 on NewEgg for a long time.
Yes, but Bethesda can't force NewEgg to sell the game at the price they want. NewEgg also sold retail copies of Rage for $5 (that's how I got my copy).

Brink was a complete sales failure on PCs and consoles so they're keeping the price high on purpose to get some of their investment back. It's the same reason why all the games that Nordic Games bought from 2K are now overpriced.

Welp, I just sent out a list of over 30 recommendations for the EC list. There are some really awesome suggestions in there so even if only 2-3 of them come through I think you'll all be jazzed!

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks for the effort Tony, looking forward to it.

funny-squirrel-picture-jazz.jpg

YES!! I loved Theme Hospital. But I agree, the expansion packs for The Sims series is beyond ridiculous. Especially when similar content was already released as expansions on The Sims 1, they then release The Sims 2 and now The Sims 3 only to re-release new expansions that have features that already were in previous expansions. It's really quite frustrating.

But I did like Theme Hospital. Invisible Man and Inflated Head syndrome still scare the hell out of me. XD

*jazzed*

Probably won't happen. XD
2011-09-21-Theme-Hospital.gif

Yeah, it's a fake skit, though I don't think he's lost any weight since he started doing these vids :( The Biggest Loser DVDs are definitely worth $30, but thankfully you can get them for around $5 each. Those have been real good for me.
If you are into dieting, I recommend this book Girth Control by Alan Aragon or you can also find some of his nutrition articles online, it is a good read.

What I don't understand is what Bethesderp's response is re: Brink… "Uh… no we can't go that low. There's still a market for it!"
$1 is unlikely but $5 for the complete pack is a reasonable price.

Yes, but Bethesda can't force NewEgg to sell the game at the price they want. NewEgg also sold retail copies of Rage for $5 (that's how I got my copy).

Brink was a complete sales failure on PCs and consoles so they're keeping the price high on purpose to get some of their investment back. It's the same reason why all the games that Nordic Games bought from 2K are now overpriced.
If you bought the retail copy of Rage Anarchy Edition, you still can get authority pack dlc now which is a preorder bonus and you can't buy that from the steam store anymore.

640px_ragebonusLG.jpg

You can't get mad at them because their valuation of their games isn't as low as yours. You said the same thing about Remember Me, and I happen to think Remember Me is cool as fuck.

Also, some of your advice to Tony is strange. "If the publisher won't go lower, insult and berate them!"
That's good advice. There are some real lulu's over at Bethesderp. Also Remember Me is poop.

this is what i got so far, mostly dlc.

civ 5 scrambled nations $1 greenmangaming
civ 5 scrambled continents $1 greenmangaming
civ 5 bnw $7.50 macgamestore
bioshock inf burial at sea $3.75 macgamestore [price glitch]
dishonored brigmore witches $5 amazon
total war shogun dlc $.74 amazon
payday heist & soundtrack $2.39 steam
arma 2+operation arrowhead $5 steam

my wishlist:

shadow warrior under $7