Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[MysterD's Rules]

"Backlogging" for me (i.e. anything I don't plan to play anytime soon, but could eventually get to some day) = 75% off or better.

Anything looking to play ASAP (NOW!) = pay whatever I feel like...though 50% off or better is preferred on anything I want ASAP to play ASAP. Doesn't always work out that way, though.

B/c I buy tons of games and try to follow these rules - I am trying to save some money on games while I'm here spending so much. I'm sharing my advice to gamers. If they want to follow them or not - hey, up to them. It's their wallet, $ and their call.

[/MysterD's Rules]

[$2 Club]

$2.49 is still more than $2...I know, I know, it's not much more - but Tony did set a new trend-setting standard for (so-called) "bad game" pricing w/ Aliens: CM + London 2012, IMHO.

Throwing in EC coupons only made it easier for me to jump in - since there's a good chance, I'll be using a good amount of EC coupons.

Also, Amazon DVG makes matters a bit muddier here w/ pricing my percent off rule - since they now charge tax. But, hey - it is what it is.

{shrug}

[/$2 Club]

[Mark of the Ninja]

About the Mark of the Ninja Pack - I already own the base game. So for me. just to get the DLC - eh, this ain't a great deal for myself. Keep in mind - I'm not really super-duper interested in the DLC. It's not like the DLC will offer me Dragonborn-worth of hours of gameplay, you know? I really don't have the want, need, or desire to say trade off an extra base-game copy of Mark (base-game) or anything of that stuff. If I didn't own the base-game - I'd have been already over that deal @ 90% off.

[/Mark of the Ninja]

[Outro]

You don't have to follow my rules, whims, impulses, thoughts, rules, or anything for buying games.

Like anyone else here - you're free to do what you please, when it comes to deals, buying games & whatever.

[/Outro]
oh realy that bout rules but dont forget amazon gift cards will change mysterd rule a bit or being spanky heh

wut?

If you want to submit a price match, just click "tell us about a lower price" under Product Details in the Amazon item page.
It's telltale key (doesn't register in Steam). I think no one sells steam keys for this or The Wolf Among Us (thought they do exist), but free keys given for TWAU on Facebook was redeemed on Steam :D.

I think he's looking for a Steam version. Seems Telltale-only.
I think he meant the DRM is Telltale not Steam
It's telltale key (doesn't register in Steam). I think no one sells steam keys for this or The Wolf Among Us (thought they do exist), but free keys given for TWAU on Facebook was redeemed on Steam :D.
Ah, gotcha. Didn't notice that and the wording just confuzzled me.

Went for Deadpool for $8 with the 20% discount coupon and also got the order under review.

Sigh... Should've bought on Amazon instead.
It should come through eventually. Mine did. Might take a little longer with the holiday though.
Just an update, my order with GameFly was confirmed and got my Deadpool game key :)

They actually responded my e-mail in the holiday. That was unexpected as they mentioned they would be closed today.

Just so I'm clear, even though the Amazon sale is still on I can no longer earn EC coupons?  It isn't a problem if this is the case, I just wanted to be sure.

Yep, my bad.  I submitted the price match on the Amazon product page.

And yes I was looking at the DRM Telltale / Steam.

Thanks

Just an update, my order with GameFly was confirmed and got my Deadpool game key :)

They actually responded my e-mail in the holiday. That was unexpected as they mentioned they would be closed today.
I got my other key too. And I got charged. Sigh.

Also, damn you Sega for never giving Tony Genesis game keys. T_T

So, I bought the XCOM EU and EW pack a couple days ago after the initial January coupon titles were released, thinking that I wouldn't get a better price. And yet just yesterday I could have gotten that, the dlc, and some great albeit ancient and likely unplayable games plus an additional $5 coupon for a penny cheaper. lol.

I got my other key too. And I got charged. Sigh.

Also, damn you Sega for never giving Tony Genesis game keys. T_T
This is my personal biggest letdown. I was also looking forward to MS & Bethesda deals.

They are just testing you to make sure you stay sharp ^_~
I think they're testing my willpower to not to things I want to do but shouldn't... Like finger painting with a 5 litre blood donation from them.

The Sega pack says available for download now and Steam is listed in the description. Is it ready or should we still wait for confirmation from Tony just to be sure?

The Sega pack says available for download now and Steam is listed in the description. Is it ready or should we still wait for confirmation from Tony just to be sure?
Negative. Post the link you're looking at...

This is the steam one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EIN266Q

Make sure you use the links in the OP or my posts (linked in OP & sig) to make sure you're buying the steam version... also Sepioth's DRM spreadsheet (from OP or my posts)

Negative. Post the link you're looking at...

This is the steam one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EIN266Q

Make sure you use the links in the OP or my posts (linked in OP & sig) to make sure you're buying the steam version... also Sepioth's DRM spreadsheet (from OP or my posts)
nevermind, i checked your link on my comuter and it came up as unavailable. i was on my phone at first and it comes up as available on the mobile site.

wut?

If you want to submit a price match, just click "tell us about a lower price" under Product Details in the Amazon item page.
Yeah. Honestly I find it a bit annoying that people keep requesting Tony do a PM. There's a built-in function on the site for that, no need to hassle Tony constantly with stuff we can do easily elsewhere, IMO.

Yeah. Honestly I find it a bit annoying that people keep requesting Tony do a PM. There's a built-in function on the site for that, no need to hassle Tony constantly with stuff we can do easily elsewhere, IMO.
didn't worked for the $1.99 Wargame

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition is $3.99. This was supposed to be on sale 12/24-12/26, but they never changed the price.
There's no point in getting it, especially when the DC was $4.99 the other day.

What happened to the 9.99 Deadpool? Checked yesterday and it was full price and today says Unavailable?
Apparently Activision lost the license - they pulled it off Steam yesterday, there was some talk here about that so I grabbed it at amazon right away. I was going to wait for $5, but realized that wouldn't happen.

Gamefly still has it if you want it - $7.50 after code GFDDEC20

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-deadpool/5005914

It's pretty stupid if they lost the license. 

You'd think that if you were taking the time to make a game, you'd make sure you had the license to sell the game.

And after the game is made, it's not like you can un-make it.

That's just stupid.

You'd think that if you were taking the time to make a game, you'd make sure you had the license to sell the game.

That's just stupid.
The game performed poorly and got plenty of negative reviews. No reason to pay money to Marvel & Deadpool's creator to renew that license if you're losing money regardless.

That's just stupid.
I think it's more a case of Activision having an option to renew the license with Disney/Marvel but, based on low sales of their Deadpool, Wolverine, and X-men games, they decided against it. I'm wondering if their Spiderman games are the next to go, or if they're covered under a separate agreement.

What happened to the 9.99 Deadpool? Checked yesterday and it was full price and today says Unavailable?
License expired and game is no longer sold.
^^ This.
And it seems it's gone for good: https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/01/deadpool-has-disappeared-from-steam-xbox-live-and-psn.aspx

At the moment of posting this you can still snag it from other digital stores. Like GF has it for $8 with coupon GFDJAN20. Getting a physical copy somewhere else is also an option.

I think it's more a case of Activision having an option to renew the license with Disney/Marvel but, based on low sales of their Deadpool, Wolverine, and X-men games, they decided against it. I'm wondering if their Spiderman games are the next to go, or if they're covered under a separate agreement.
Losing the license shouldn't mean they can't still sell the game that was already made. That's the part I find stupid.

That's like making a movie with an actor, and then a year later the actor saying "You know, I don't want to be in that movie anymore, so stop showing it, and stop selling DVDs of it."

Losing the license shouldn't mean they can't still sell the game that was already made. That's the part I find stupid.

That's like making a movie with an actor, and then a year later the actor saying "You know, I don't want to be in that movie anymore, so stop showing it, and stop selling DVDs of it."
The actor can't say that. But the company that owns the movie can.

See: The Disney Vault.

So Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm, 2 of the biggest entertainment companies yet their current revenue and profit are coming in only from theme parks, something just doesn't seem right.  :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back