Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony - I was going to suggest a series of private SG giveaways to solve your code distribution problem, but I see you've already moved on to the CheapyD machine option.  I would still suggest it be a giveaway per game with N winners rather than any random code in a single contest.  That way folks can get a shot at what they need and stay out of those that they don't.  All of that assumes folks behave themselves.  And we all know what happens when we assume...

PS - How in the wide world of sports do you keep up with these threads?!?

Tony, I personally don't like keydrops. I have a disability so I'm always really slow to copy them over and everything is redeemed long before I get anything.

I've literally never won anything from a key drop.

I understand that it's a pain to distribute this much stuff however. I can't think of a better way :(

Tony, I personally don't like keydrops. I have a disability so I'm always really slow to copy them over and everything is redeemed long before I get anything.

I've literally never won anything from a key drop.

I understand that it's a pain to distribute this much stuff however. I can't think of a better way :(
He's no longer looking for a way. Hes going to use the CAG Contest feature. It's on top of page under community tab.

MC74C-A9659-TPNF5

M8LV5-GVPPL-EL4YT
M4C34-7LTPH-VIDQE
LW3I9-H6V7C-9I223
M5Z0Z-WTK5L-WRVT9
M7N7X-0KW2K-LXRVE
I didn't take any but you may want to post the actual games these are for since some of us have alt accounts and would waste a key for a game they already have.

I didn't take any but you may want to post the actual games these are for since some of us have alt accounts and would waste a key for a game they already have.
I would, but I'm not sure. I forgot to make a note of the game when I got them. I think most are for Hacker Evolution DLC. :)

still would like metro ll but i doubt i'll get one during the giveaway. just make it $5 post coupon for base game or $10 for the complete version in january and i'll get it.

I would, but I'm not sure. I forgot to make a note of the game when I got them. I think most are for Hacker Evolution DLC. :)
Oh, glad I didn't take it then ;)

If anyone actually does want it, I also have a key for the game + a bunch of DLC (I forget which exactly). Not worth a riddle, but PM me if you for some reason are interested.

I would, but I'm not sure. I forgot to make a note of the game when I got them. I think most are for Hacker Evolution DLC.
They were for A Valley Without Wind, Hacker Evolution Duality, some dlc's I already own and no idea about M5Z0Z-WTK5L-WRVT9 because my skin has huge fonts and can't see what it was. Thanks for the drop

I'm interested in Metro LL, DI:Riptide and/or Defiance.  The others I either already have or aren't interested in.  Not really sure the best way to distribute thb, since it's going to be a madhouse any way you go about it.

I personally wouldn't be as worried about lurkers as much as people who repost it elsewhere.

Maybe offer first pick to people who made EC suggestions that didn't fall through. Sort of a consolation prize. =D

Riptide or F1 would be great. That's extremely generous of Tony/Amazon to give those away like that! 

However it works out, I think LN3000 ought to get his pick of game in acknowledgement of the nice giveaways he's done in the past.

So asheskitty gets one of each code for his/her contributions, Mooby gets Metro LL, and the rest of us knife fight for the rest
Indeed.

N-E-ways, can't remember Cheapy's system but I think it's like there's x amount of hours to put in an entry and then there's a random draw. Much better than an open code drop. I don't mind 'losing' in that fashion versus a mad dash of copy/pasting.

Mention 'FREE' and suddenly a lot of new faces in the Amazon thread~
HI I'M NEWUSER. HOW ARE YOU, FELLOW FORUM BROWSER? LET US DISCUSS CURRENT AMAZON DEALS. OH, I SEE YOU HAVE STARTED A GIVEAWAY, HOW NICE AND UNEXPECTED. I THINK I MAY TRY MY LUCK AT WINNING ONE OF THESE "COMPUTER GAMES."

HAVE GOOD DAY AND GOD BLESS.

But seriously, anything that brings more users to CAG and more eyeballs to this thread is a good thing in my book. :)

Riptide or F1 would be great. That's extremely generous of Tony/Amazon to give those away like that!

However it works out, I think LN3000 ought to get his pick of game in acknowledgement of the nice giveaways he's done in the past.
Nah, I wouldn't want an unfair advantage... there's already been some amazing generosity sent my way. :)

Who, me?

It's a pretty common avatar, considering it's one of Steam's default ones.. I'm not very creative. :p

But I do love me some Companion cube. I have a companion cube plushie on my desk. <3
If I can't seem to get the last 4 cards that I need - make sure you buy all my cards, too. ;)

hehe.

Actually, it was this thread (well, the Amazon PCDD thread from last year) that brought me to CAG last winter sale. Linked from another forum I was a member of. Not because of any giveaways, but because Tony actually gave a full list of Amazon's sales. SO much better than gambling and hoping for Steam. And last year Amazon's sales were infinitely better than Steam anyway.

Then CAG pointed me towards Enhanced Steam, which is just a god send.

In short - lurkers are missing out. CAG is awesome.

Actually, it was this thread (well, the Amazon PCDD thread from last year) that brought me to CAG last winter sale. Linked from another forum I was a member of. Not because of any giveaways, but because Tony actually gave a full list of Amazon's sales. SO much better than gambling and hoping for Steam. And last year Amazon's sales were infinitely better than Steam anyway.

Then CAG pointed me towards Enhanced Steam, which is just a god send.

In short - lurkers are missing out. CAG is awesome.
I used to lurk here all the time. I only signed up to ask dumb questions about the EC coupons (even back then no one read the OP). Eventually I got sucked into the discussion and decided to stay.

That's probably why I'm cool with all the lurkers and swipers, since I know at least a few of them will get avatars and stick around.

Oh also,

Here's a couple updates from EA:

[SIZE=12pt]SIMCITY CITIES OF TOMORROW (PC/MAC) Jan 4-5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Price before coupon= $20 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]THE SIMS 3 STARTER PACK Jan 17-19[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Price before coupon = $15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Secret World[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Price before coupon = $12[/SIZE]

TSW anyone?

[SIZE=12pt]Cheers,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tony[/SIZE]
I knew there was a reason I didn't buy TSW during the winter sale

Iam wondering if I should wait for EC list or go to sleep :) Knowing if I made good choice to stack credits will be like small christmas,

The thing, for me, is that I like Deadpool and wanted the game even though the ratings weren't great. Sometimes that's just how it is. You like a license and can tolerate the game not being so good.

I wasn't crazy about the price and was hoping to pick it up for $5. Knowing that it was getting pulled from Steam just hastened the sale.
I beat it last night, and it wasn't that bad. Not great, but not in the "stay-the-fuck-away" territory.

There were some gameplay issues I didn't like (some spoilers).

Some chests don't open correctly, which was a huge annoyance in one section where you have to stay in the light. You click, there's some animation, then nothing.

Some checkpoints are so too far apart. Namely, the final area. I had to redo huge sections like 4 times, and wasted at least an hour, because of this. You can die in a second from full health, after getting past 100 enemies. Then start before the 100 enemies. I didn't really die til the final section.

Melee damage scaling is pretty bad. Knocking them down and doing a finishing move kills like anything, when smacking them would take literally hundreds of hits from fully upgraded melee weapons.

It's also almost completely linear, other than a few brief side-paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back