Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note for those looking for EC deals, if the EC discounts go live tonight at midnight (or soon thereafter) and the current steam price match of Bioshock Infinite @ $9.99 stays in place, then Bioshock Infinite will be available for $4.99, which is the cheapest it has been anywhere thus far. Of course that's a lot of things that have to fall into place.
The credits don't go live until the 4th.

Just a note for those looking for EC deals, if the EC discounts go live tonight at midnight (or soon thereafter) and the current steam price match of Bioshock Infinite @ $9.99 stays in place, then Bioshock Infinite will be available for $4.99, which is the cheapest it has been anywhere thus far. Of course that's a lot of things that have to fall into place.
I know this is a PC gamer thread, but Bioshock Infinite will be free for PS3 PS+ members sometime this month, in case anyone forgot :) Free >> $5/10, though it will obviously look much better on a PC with good specs.

I know this is a PC gamer thread, but Bioshock Infinite will be free for PS3 PS+ members sometime this month, in case anyone forgot :) Free >> $5/10, though it will obviously look much better on a PC with good specs.
Worth it if you got your hands on dat glitched season pass doe

Also it will look better, as you mentioned

Amazon is a great place for parts. Here are some of the parts I grabbed from them for my son's first rig.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 Ghz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80623I72600K[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Sold by OutletPChttp://www.amazon.com/gp/help/selle...=107-7403819-7637808&seller=AZCEI3EMXUPTH[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005O65JXI/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005O65JXI/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Sold by Amazon.com LLC[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop 3.5" Hard Drivehttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036Q7MV0/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036Q7MV0/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]EVGA GeForce GTX660 2048MB GDDR5 192-Bit, Dual DVI-D, HDMI, DP and 3-Way SLI Ready GPU Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2660-KRhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009F7HFRA/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009F7HFRA/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboardhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RIFKUS/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RIFKUS/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]2 of Antec TriCool 120mm Cooling Fan with 3-Speed Switchhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066ISFC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066ISFC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Rosewill 600W ATX12V Power Supply RP600V2-S-SLhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GL4V2W/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i05?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GL4V2W/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i05?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Packhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q0T0LU/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i06?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q0T0LU/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i06?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/SIZE]
My first system about 10 years ago, I bought most stuff off Newegg. Last year's system I built with most parts from Amazon. I was totally surprised and impressed. No DOA parts either.

Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014.

The credits don't go live until the 4th.
Yep, it's in the OP, first post. God, this thread is going to get so bloated form newbies who don't bother to read.

Also, I have 28 EC credits, and I'm sure I won't be using all of them. I will be holding on to them during the first part of the sale, but will gladly use them to help regulars to this thread pick up some stuff, same as last year. I bring it up now to see if anyone has a good idea as to how to organize such an effort consisting of multiple CAG's willing to help out.

I don't have a problem with people who need help building a PC, but the people who post one star reviews on Amazon because they can't figure out Steam crack me up.

I can only assume those who are wanting Dead Island Riptide must already own every other game mentioned. :whistle2:
I know it's supposed to be a lot worse than Dead Island. I can't honestly explain just why I want to play Riptide, other than to say that I really liked faffing about on the beach, braining zombies and making goofy weapons enough in the first game that I'm ready for a second dose. Even if it's a slightly bitter one.

In the trend of the new lurkers that are showing up... just wanted to say hi and post for the first time. I've been browsing these forums silently since 2011, but after over two years it's probably time to come clean and admit I'm indeed a cheapass gamer.

This year there were so many deals to grabI had to start tracking my expenses at some points... so turns out I spend over 300$ on games in 2013, and thanks to Tony's frequent visits and announcements here almost half of that amount was in Amazon PCDD (waiting for over 10 coupons from this holiday sale).

So thanks Tony for helping us save tons of money, only to realise in retrospect how much we really spend! Let's see by the end of 2014 if my personal record is broken :)

And as a first timer here I feel like I owe a small tribute:

S6 SH SE SD

It's a Witcher 2 code redeemable at www.gog.com/redeem. Just copy and paste it without the spaces.

And please let people know in case you used it up. This is a standalone code by the way, and if you already own The Witcher 2 on Steam or any other place you shouldn't bother, as you can already retrieve a free gog backup copy instead from their website)

I don't have a problem with people who need help building a PC, but the people who post one star reviews on Amazon because they can't figure out Steam crack me up.
Me, I just reply to them and say they have no business buying stuff on Steam. Then I report them to Amazon so the reviews are wiped. :p

Yep, it's in the OP, first post. God, this thread is going to get so bloated form newbies who don't bother to read.

Also, I have 28 EC credits, and I'm sure I won't be using all of them. I will be holding on to them during the first part of the sale, but will gladly use them to help regulars to this thread pick up some stuff, same as last year. I bring it up now to see if anyone has a good idea as to how to organize such an effort consisting of multiple CAG's willing to help out.
That's really nice of you and a good idea.

I have only 3 coupons, I doubt it will be enough.

I know it's supposed to be a lot worse that Dead Island. I can't honestly explain just why I want to play Riptide, other than to say that I really liked faffing about on the beach, braining zombies and making goofy weapons enough in the first game that I'm ready for a second dose. Even if it's a slightly bitter one.
I really, really enjoyed the first game and also had a fun time in Riptide. I don't know how people would say it's worse though, since it basically an expansion of the first game.

And as a first timer here I feel like I owe a small tribute:

S6 SH SE SD

It's a Witcher 2 code redeemable at www.gog.com/redeem. Just copy and paste it without the spaces.

And please let people know in case you used it up. This is a standalone code by the way, and if you already own The Witcher 2 on Steam or any other place you shouldn't bother, as you can already retrieve a free gog backup copy instead from their website)
Saw nobody replies about this and tried. It just shoot me a "invalid code". Maybe someone took it without posting.

Hey guys,

I have a bunch of keys to giveaway for Metro Last Light, Dead Island Riptide, and some Double Fine games. I also have Defiance but not on Steam.

I'll be doing the giveaway this evening from home, but if you're interested in any of these I have the following quantity:

Defiance: 122

Double Fine 4 Pack (not sure on the games...SURPRISE!!!): 12

Dead Island Riptide: 15

Metro Last Light: 18

F1 2013: 9

Contrast: 3

Final Exam: 3

Grid 2: 9

I'm going to try and do this differently this time and take suggestions, because it is impossible for me to manage PMs at scale anymore for stuff like this (sorry).

Thoughts on the best way to distribute?

Edit:

Thoughts on doing the "remove a digit from the key" trick and just posting them all at once?

I can set a time so you all can be ready to snag them too if you want.

Cheers,

Tony
hey Tony,

I'd be interested in Contrast or F1 2013, if I can still enter this contest c:

[quote name="walkonshadows" post="11410591" timestamp="1388707283"]Yep, it's in the OP, first post. God, this thread is going to get so bloated form newbies who don't bother to read.

Also, I have 28 EC credits, and I'm sure I won't be using all of them. I will be holding on to them during the first part of the sale, but will gladly use them to help regulars to this thread pick up some stuff, same as last year. I bring it up now to see if anyone has a good idea as to how to organize such an effort consisting of multiple CAG's willing to help out.[/quote]

This is the first year since the cupons have started that I don't have ANY. Bleh.

Not to start the begging, but I certainly appreciate the idea. :)

Hey guys,

I have a bunch of keys to giveaway for Metro Last Light, Dead Island Riptide, and some Double Fine games. I also have Defiance but not on Steam.

I'll be doing the giveaway this evening from home, but if you're interested in any of these I have the following quantity:

Defiance: 122

Double Fine 4 Pack (not sure on the games...SURPRISE!!!): 12

Dead Island Riptide: 15

Metro Last Light: 18

F1 2013: 9

Contrast: 3

Final Exam: 3

Grid 2: 9

I'm going to try and do this differently this time and take suggestions, because it is impossible for me to manage PMs at scale anymore for stuff like this (sorry).

Thoughts on the best way to distribute?

Edit:

Thoughts on doing the "remove a digit from the key" trick and just posting them all at once?

I can set a time so you all can be ready to snag them too if you want.

Cheers,

Tony
If it's not too late to enter, I wouldn't mind putting my name in for "Double Fine 4 Pack" or "Defiance" :)

EDIT: Please, anything BUT the "post key minus 1 digit". Perhaps put keys up in batches of 5 or 10 at set times? Key isn't labeled?

People should really read the thread .. you see free games and jump to a "ME ME ME I WANT I WANT" reply.

Go back read the last few pages and you will see what is going on to get those keys.

Speaking of that - any good software out there for monitoring temps, etc? I have had about 4 drives die on me in the past several months. They won't even spin up now. The power supply is highly rated, so I am wondering if they are just getting too hot.
Like AshesKitty, I mainly use Speedfan.

Harddrives usually don't over heat, if they were over 2 years old they may have just failed. S.M.A.R.T. will give you a rough estimate of a HDD's health:)

How do we enter the giveaway?

I looked in the contest link at the top of the page, and I don't see it mention Tonys giveaway.

Also, do I need a twitter account, or any other account besides CAG to enter it?

People should really read the thread .. you see free games and jump to a "ME ME ME I WANT I WANT" reply.

Go back read the last few pages and you will see what is going on to get those keys.
We should not tell them how to actually get the games, and if they want them enough they can figure it out themselves. If people actually read the thread instead of posting the same questions every 10 minutes, the thread would probably be half the size

Saw nobody replies about this and tried. It just shoot me a "invalid code". Maybe someone took it without posting.
It should have said "Code already used" if someone already took it - I looked into it and it does say this now.

I think you may have just misplaced something there, but I have no idea if it's before or after someone snatched it already. Sorry :(

How do we enter the giveaway?

I looked in the contest link at the top of the page, and I don't see it mention Tonys giveaway.

Also, do I need a twitter account, or any other account besides CAG to enter it?
It has not started yet .. and from the looks of it you will need a twitter account.

And before you go an a tirade about having to have a Twitter or any other social media account .. no one here really cares about that. :) Just create a fake account. If you want free games that bad then that should not be an issue.

I think he's guarding that bridge...
I've become convinced that he lives down their so he can indulge in self flagellation by playing console games where no one can see him.

It also explains why the idea of building your own PC is so foreign.

thats what she said
A can of Pringles and girls are two very different things.

I was just dropped into a room full of monkies with knives.
Whoops, the monkey pit was for the F1 keys, the cage of raptors is where Defiance is.

All these free games come with EC coupons too, right?  Since they're from Amazon?  Otherwise, I'm going to throw the hissiest of fits.

Just kidding, Tony!

Like AshesKitty, I mainly use Speedfan.

Harddrives usually don't over heat, if they were over 2 years old they may have just failed. S.M.A.R.T. will give you a rough estimate of a HDD's health:)
This! The big Google Drive study a few years ago showed no correlation between (sane) HDD temp and failure rate.

S.M.A.R.T. is a useful early warning tool, but IIRC it only gives useful early warning ~30% of the time... but that's still 30% less data loss.

Keep in mind the EC promo continues all through January so it's not like you're going to grab everything in a day. There will probably be better deals to use them on later this month.
This probably cannot be stated enough. This isn't one big flash sale, it's an entire month of cool deals that gradually get added.

If you use all your coupons right away, you are going to be one of those people that a week later wishes you had more coupons. Or one of those people who gets angry because the last day had a price matching deal that ended up better than something posted on the first.

That isn't to say I'm not looking forward to it myself. Past years I've been content with only a few coupons, but I skipped a lot this year, and so took that extra cheapass step and bought some super cheap DLC/games for some extra coupons.

No, it isn't. This is exactly what it says in the OP:

Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014. Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January, 2014.

These responses are the first I've seen that mention going live on the 4th or any specific day for that matter. I've seen nothing that indicates the sale won't go live when the Credits do, and the implication is that could be as soon as the 3rd. If it's been shared in this thread, it's been lost in all the sale and free game begging. Thanks for the snide answer though, reminded me why I barely bother coming to this site any more.

What?! I missed out on that it seems. Unless it's still going on? Edit - Looks like it's over. Had no idea this was going on.
You had to play some shitty facebook game for it and many people had problems with it.

I personally didn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back