Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Only ONE person asked for Burnout Paradise, so there's still 5 of those available. If anybody who has already PM'd would like to change their vote to Burnout: Paradise, please PM me as a reply to your original message and I'll send it out. 

So far, I've been PM'ing people clarifying that the F1 and Grid 2 keys are for Playstation 3, since it seems most people didn't realize that from the list. Waiting for some replies. Now making my way through the Steam codes, which everyone pretty much wanted Metro or Dead Island. A lot of people will be disappointed.. 

Only ONE person asked for Burnout Paradise, so there's still 5 of those available. If anybody who has already PM'd would like to change their vote to Burnout: Paradise, please PM me as a reply to your original message and I'll send it out.

So far, I've been PM'ing people clarifying that the F1 and Grid 2 keys are for Playstation 3, since it seems most people didn't realize that from the list. Waiting for some replies. Now making my way through the Steam codes, which everyone pretty much wanted Metro or Dead Island. A lot of people will be disappointed..
no biggie, i just like the excitment

I've got a spare Burnout Paradise I can add to that if you want (technically two since it's both a Steam key and an Origin key). Do you want them to give away?

Well, at least they had the chance to PM you. I didn't know this was taking place so "early". I thought it would be more like tonight or something via the CAG contest system. Bummer... No problem, I Buy n' Backlog 60% of my games anyway :D

Thanks for hosting this giveaway LN.

I've got a spare Burnout Paradise I can add to that if you want (technically two since it's both a Steam key and an Origin key). Do you want them to give away?
If I can find anybody who 'wants' it. Feel free to PM me the code, and I'll shower you with many 'thanks', and will make sure it finds a good home.

There are still 5 copies of Burnout Paradise available to anyone who wants it...

Anyone?

If I can find anybody who 'wants' it. Feel free to PM me the code, and I'll shower you with many 'thanks', and will make sure it finds a good home.

There are still 5 copies of Burnout Paradise available to anyone who wants it...

Anyone?
I think many of us got it from humblebundle ;)

Some of us do more than just lurk for codes. ;)
Heh. I've not lurked a single code, I'm more in the code dropping side of things. Though mostly on a UK forum I'm afraid. I think I've only given one away here and it wasn't in this thread I'm sorry to say.

Anyone?
got it during humble bundle. think we all did

Heh. I've not lurked a single code, I'm more in the code dropping side of things. Though mostly on a UK forum I'm afraid. I think I've only given one away here and it wasn't in this thread I'm sorry to say.
^_^ I know. I recognize you. But your comment was so lurker, I thought it was an opportune time to lash out at lurkers.

Stab and Twist.

Stab and Twist.

Yes. If you followed the thread, a few hundred pages back people were posting their EC hauls from the last two years.
Okay, you guys created *25 pages* while I was cleaning out the barn, and I missed this discussion anyway, but it got me curious, so I thought I'd contribute. Last year's EC haul:

• 2K Strategy Super Pack (Civ IV & V & Gods and Kings, Stronghold Kingdom) $15
  • Hotlight Miami $0.00
  • Spec Ops: The Line $2.49
  • The Walking Dead $7.49 (at the time best price it had seen)
  • Microsoft 5-Game Arcade Pack (Deadlight, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Iron Bridage, Mark of the Ninja, Toy Soldiers) $5
  • Age of Empires III $5
  • Fable & Fable III $5
  • Majesty Franchise (Ardania complete, Majesty, Majesty 2, Warlock complete) $5
Those were some good deals. Some have been matched since, others have yet to be matched. I'm not complaining one bit and I don't think the "prices will be raised $5 to offset the EC coupons" holds up to scrutiny. At least not with what I purchased.

Okay, you guys created *25 pages* while I was cleaning out the barn, and I missed this discussion anyway, but it got me curious, so I thought I'd contribute. Last year's EC haul:

• 2K Strategy Super Pack (Civ IV & V & Gods and Kings, Stronghold Kingdom) $15
  • Hotlight Miami $0.00
  • Spec Ops: The Line $2.49
  • The Walking Dead $7.49 (at the time best price it had seen)
  • Microsoft 5-Game Arcade Pack (Deadlight, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Iron Bridage, Mark of the Ninja, Toy Soldiers) $5
  • Age of Empires III $5
  • Fable & Fable III $5
  • Majesty Franchise (Ardania complete, Majesty, Majesty 2, Warlock complete) $5
Those were some good deals. Some have been matched since, others have yet to be matched. I'm not complaining one bit and I don't think the "prices will be raised $5 to offset the EC coupons" holds up to scrutiny. At least not with what I purchased.
We need a Fable II PC port and EC deal - and pronto!

Thank you to Tony, LN, Cheapy and everyone else for a fun day,

As a streamer/caster (someone: insert cheap plug here) on Twitch Tv, I would love to play any of the games I had on my list on cast or any random one if won anything btw.

Good luck to all

Rock

I have not sent out many PM's yet, Still "sorting", so to speak.

Metro and Dead Island are the hardest to get through.

I'll probably start sending out the codes to the winners (?) within the next 20 minutes.

Anyone?
They're really not taken yet?

It's an awesome game.

I have a few keys for Desura, not sure if they still work:

Driftmoon

H0GCB-L7PAR-ZYO10-AZVQ6-D3GWO

Livalink

8DMIP-YE3TP-LXS60-M7LP8-PSSQF

Major Mayhem

RJGP1-OYD5B-RO9ZW-ADJCY-5548N

The Cat Lady

9ivtgUNCGRP4(key doesn't look right...good luck?)

...and now a few Steam keys:

The Adventures of Shuggy

G5RZM-GH58C-CK7ZV

Galactic Arms Race

7IAJY-XPJYY-76TWA

AirBuccaneers

424YH-XQ52C-7ZYNP

EDIT: these aren't the highest quality games...sorry :)

Just wanted to say thanks to LN for handling the giveaway and Tony for the keys.

Missed the whole thing but it looked fun. :)  Congratulations to all the winners!

I got 19 coupons. But looking actual list of games in Editor's Choice, I don't think I would use all of them. Maybe some regulars can do a proper use for those I don't use.

Anyways, let's see how is this EC thing going on. I'll keep you all posted.

I have a few keys for Desura, not sure if they still work:

Driftmoon

H0GCB-L7PAR-ZYO10-AZVQ6-D3GWO

Livalink

8DMIP-YE3TP-LXS60-M7LP8-PSSQF

Major Mayhem

RJGP1-OYD5B-RO9ZW-ADJCY-5548N

The Cat Lady

9ivtgUNCGRP4(key doesn't look right...good luck?)

...and now a few Steam keys:

The Adventures of Shuggy

G5RZM-GH58C-CK7ZV

Galactic Arms Race

7IAJY-XPJYY-76TWA

AirBuccaneers

424YH-XQ52C-7ZYNP

EDIT: these aren't the highest quality games...sorry :)
Driftmoon worked, thanks

So... what happened to Ace patrol on the EC list? :)

I have both but I thought I'd spend any left over codes on it for friends accounts.

I have not sent out many PM's yet, Still "sorting", so to speak.

Metro and Dead Island are the hardest to get through.

I'll probably start sending out the codes to the winners (?) within the next 20 minutes.
Thanks for the update.

Just wanted to say thanks to LN for handling the giveaway and Tony for the keys.

Missed the whole thing but it looked fun. :) Congratulations to all the winners!
It's okay, even those who were alert and ready miss it too. If you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back