Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I got back from Amazon CS...

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble you had with applying the $5.00 promotion. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.

I've checked our records and see that this is an ongoing issue and I'd like to inform you that, we've already reported this issue to our technical team, and they're working on taking care of it.

Be assured that we always endeavor to provide the best service and we'll continue working hard to ensure that we provide the quality product support you expect from us.

I'll personally follow up with the issue for you and get back to you as soon as I receive an update from the technical team. I’ll send you an email with the resolution.

Situations such as this are rare, and errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported. I'm sorry I couldn't solve this problem right away and will write back soon with a resolution pertaining to this matter.

I know that I couldn't provide you with a satisfactory resolution but hope you try and understand the situation and give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Further as always, please feel free to contact us should you have future suggestions, questions or comments. We’ll be happy to assist you.

You can reach us via e-mail or phone by visiting the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

You can also call Amazon software download support directly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-439-0310.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we fix this problem. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Amazon CS Rep

Definitely interested in Crysis 3 for $5 after the credit. Wish I had held off on the DS3: Awakened DLC instead of buying it on Origin!

So are other people not having the credit applied when they try to buy the EC games?

Never mind. Got off my lazy inter-butt and checked a few pages back.

So far I'm looking at the Dead Space 3 DLC and The Secret World. Crysis 3 is tempting, but I want to see what the other 2K deals will be.

Every thread has it's whiny, entitled bitches. That isn't a "console vs PC" thing.
I'm not trying to start a "console vs. PC" fight or anything, but the thread is full of people complaining about not being able to get console games through a PC promotion.

I'm not trying to start a "console vs. PC" fight or anything, but the thread is full of people complaining about not being able to get console games through a PC promotion.
I know the thread title is clear that this is a PCDD (PC Digital Download) thread, but since they are now doing things w/ consoles and putting those deals in here - it should be noted somewhere that EC deals are ONLY on PC games in the actual thread title; in Tony's opening/original post; and in any of Tony's EC lists (like this one) and Ashes's EC lists.

Either that or maybe there should be a separate Amazon Console Games Digital Download Thread.

I don't know - it ain't my call. Just giving ideas. Up to Tony. It's his thread.

90% of CAG threads are console oriented, already.  Bad enough I gotta sift through the vast majority of threads under video game deals -- pretty much why I restrict myself to this thread, Steam, and Humble.  I suppose there isn't even enough demand for separate PC and console sale forums.

90% of CAG threads are console oriented, already. Bad enough I gotta sift through the vast majority of threads under video game deals -- pretty much why I restrict myself to this thread, Steam, and Humble. I suppose there isn't even enough demand for separate PC and console sale forums.
Then, Tony needs to be more clear that EC deals for $5 are ONLY on PC digital downloads.

This is probably what is causing the confusion, right here:

From now through December 31, 2013, purchase anything from the Digital Games Store and get a $5 promotional credit to spend in the month of January on our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 (Editor's Choice titles will be selected in the coming weeks).
I know this is a PC Digital Download thread - but since he's also now offering & posting console game-download deals here in this thread, he's going to have to be very clear.

It could read "Editor's Choice Best PC Games of 2013" - and that'd end ALL of the confusion. Sure, console gamers might not like it and express their frustration - but at least they'd know for certain what's up.

Only other thing Tony could do - Tony & Amazon plans to extend the deal to console game downloads and also toss them into the list, as well.

All up to Amazon and Tony.

So there's been 46 or so new pages in this thread in the last 18 hours... (I know this because that was the last time I was online...)

Is there anyone who was online for most of it who can just give me the cliff notes version of important stuff mentioned in said thread...?
"WHY DIDN'T I GET A DEFIANCE CODE!!?!??!"

"when does EC start"

"when does EC start"

"when does EC start"

"hey it's the 4th, why aren't my coupons being applied toward my purchase yet?"

"these deals suck"

"where the fuq is tony, i'm an entitled unappreciative doucher and want to know why his life doesn't revolve around my purchasing wants and needs"

"these coupons still aren't working"

"TONY'S ON REDDIT WHY DOESN'T HE LOVE US"

that's basically the gist of it.

The problem is that they bought console games and DLC and were told they get 5 dollars off the best of the year games because of it.

No one would think that it was for another platform.

Guess the morning wasn't a total bust, just got MKK for $6 from GMG. I guess they actually want my money :)
There's plenty of deals to go around - all from all different digital stores & services.

Amazon ain't always going to have the best deals for every single solitary game and/or bundle. GMG isn't always going to have the best deals, either - i.e. Amazon had a better LOK bundle with one more game than GMG; and for a better price, too; GMG so far has had the best deal on MOH: Warfighter. The same goes for Steam, as well. Same goes for many of the digital stores, as well. They're all fighting for a slice of the digital pie - and well, I'd like for it to stay that way. Competition keeps prices low and stores fighting for supremacy - and hopefully, nobody wins and they all stay competitive w/ each other, as that benefits the consumer so that we get price-wars and lower-pricing on sales. ;)

As times change and deals change - you just have to go w/ what's the best deal for you, at the moment - especially if you're going to play a game like ASAP.

It's when I see a game as "backlog material" (throw it in my backlog and do NOT plan to play it ASAP), that I try to follow my 75% off or better rule for when purchasing it.

If I see something as a "play ASAP" game at 75% off or better, then it's a no-brainer - BUY.

EDIT:

I remember when big PC game stores like CompUSA and Circuit City went out of business, a lot of Best Buy's PC game deals began to, on the regular, suck. I used to live and do most of my PC gaming buying at Best Buy as they were having a lot of awesome PC deals, until Steam rode along and had killer deals - of course, Steam's deals at that time were off the meter. Now, I do a lot of PC game buying digitally at numerous different services (GameFly, Gamersgate, Amazon DVG, Steam, etc) - though, I probably do buy the most from Amazon DVG.

There's plenty of deals to go around - all from all different digital stores & services.

Amazon ain't always going to have the best deals for every single solitary game and/or bundle. GMG isn't always going to have the best deals, either - i.e. Amazon had a better LOK bundle with one more game than GMG; and for a better price, too; GMG so far has had the best deal on MOH: Warfighter. The same goes for Steam, as well. Same goes for many of the digital stores, as well. They're all fighting for a slice of the digital pie - and well, I'd like for it to stay that way. Competition keeps prices low and stores fighting for supremacy - and hopefully, nobody wins and they all stay competitive w/ each other, as that benefits the consumer so that we get price-wars and lower-pricing on sales. ;)

As times change and deals change - you just have to go w/ what's the best deal for you, at the moment - especially if you're going to play a game like ASAP.

It's when I see a game as "backlog material" (throw it in my backlog and do NOT plan to play it ASAP), that I try to follow my 75% off or better rule for when purchasing it.

If I see something as a "play ASAP" game at 75% off or better, then it's a no-brainer - BUY.
and dont forget ur final thing i only put games that has no 3rd party on steam or put on the uplay orgin and many more and also tony links are screwed up lol but i find it myself

and dont forget ur final thing i only put games that has no 3rd party on steam or put on the uplay orgin and many more and also tony links are screwed up lol but i find it myself
I didn't want to get into a DRM discussion this time around for once, Tebow.

I think I've done that plenty already here. ;)

EDIT:

Iif I also explained how I get picky w/ DRM's....

It'd make my long-winded post even longer. ;)

I didn't want to get into a DRM discussion this time around for once, Tebow.

I think I've done that plenty already here. ;)

It'd make my long-winded post even longer.
i guees the hamsteer didnt finish the ec credit job then since it no applied good for me not buying anythign muahha and

This is the easiest to comprehend Tebow post I have ever seen, holy crap

Oh wow, I missed the Defiance giveaway while I was sleeping? Oh well, congrats again to everyone else who won haha. Today is not my day :p

I think I'm only upset that it looks like some people are trying to sell the Defiance keys on the trade thread -_-
You have got to be kidding me. That really burns my biscuits.

Ban, pls!

I know the thread title is clear that this is a PCDD (PC Digital Download) thread, but since they are now doing things w/ consoles and putting those deals in here - it should be noted somewhere that EC deals are ONLY on PC games in the actual thread title; in Tony's opening/original post; and in any of Tony's EC lists (like this one) and Ashes's EC lists.

Either that or maybe there should be a separate Amazon Console Games Digital Download Thread.

I don't know - it ain't my call. Just giving ideas. Up to Tony. It's his thread.
I'm pretty sure that Frisky started an Amazon thread for PSN stuff but I don't know that Tony has a presence there. I can't find it right now either so it probably got buried.

Why is Tony two-timing us with that ungrateful slut Reddit?
We've been through this, we are actually the slut and Reddit is the one Tony loves.

Solution: Show him our Spoder's tits.

Is there anyone who was online for most of it who can just give me the cliff notes version of important stuff mentioned in said thread...?
Free stuff

Thanks

Disappointment

Rage

Disappointment

Regression

Switch them around in any order you like.

I just do whatever I feel like doing.
Aren't you a rebel.

FYI Defense Technica is cheaper by $1 if you Buy the MAC version over the PC version. It is a Steamplay title so no matter what version you buy it will get you both PC and MAC on Steam. Or at least you should anyway .. have not tested this myself so maybe someone else can actually confirm it.

Can Tony or anyone confirm if I buy Contrast on the EC list right now if the code is for the Collector's Edition?  

I know the code that Spoderman won was the collector's edition but would like to make sure before I purchase.

Thanks for any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back