Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Question:  The SimCity expansion Cities of Tomorrow has multiple purchase options.

The Instant Access version shows cover art of the Limited Edition.

The PC/Mac Download version shows the standard version cover, BUT in the description, explains what is included in the Limited Edition.

Has anyone purchased this yet and can confirm which version (limited or not so limited) you have received?

Waaaaay Late Edit:  I purchased the Instant Access version of Cities of Tomorrow, and that IS the Limited Version.  Not sure about the download code option though.

Well the problem there is constant name changers. Don't change your name, not a problem!

Though that's been around for years. Sure it involved a mod before but it's not new (well, relatively new).

I'll forget this post ever happened.

You poor soul.
I never cared for 'em. Always seemed to be an inferior way to keep track of people, partially as I'm used to going by names or style, not tiny pics. Net result, I ignore 'em anyway.
People don't read. They post. But they don't read. Pictographs is another way of trying to reach them.

I'm just too lazy.
Honesty +1

That's exactly what I feel the lack of an avatar expresses. Lazy. Not willing to lift a finger for CAG.

Woohoo! I think I got this working. Adding to OP too:

1/4-1/5:

Crysis 3  [Instant Access] - 9.99

Crysis 3 [Download] - 9.99

Crysis 3 The Lost Island [Instant Access] - 9.99

Crysis 3: The Lost Island [Online Game Code] - 9.99

Dead Space 3 [Download] - 9.99

Dead Space 3 [Instant Access] - 9.99

Dead Space 3: Awakened [Online Game Code] - 8.49

Dead Space 3 Awakened [Instant Access] - 8.49

Need For Speed Rivals [Online Game Code] - 29.99

Need for Speed Rivals:  [Instant Access] - 29.99

The Secret World [Online Game Code] - 11.99

Crysis 3: The Lost Island [Online Game Code] - 9.99

Crysis 3 The Lost Island [Instant Access] - 9.99

1/4-1/6:

SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow [Instant Access] - 22.99

SimCity Cities of Tomorrow [Online Game Code] - 22.99

SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow (Mac) [Online Game Code] - 22.99

SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - 19.99

SimCity - Standard Edition [Download] - 19.99

SimCity [Instant Access] - 19.99

SimCity Cities of Tomorrow [Online Game Code] - 19.99

SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow [Instant Access] - 19.99

SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow (Mac) [Online Game Code] - 19.99

1/4-1/11:

F1 2013 [Online Game Code] - 24.99

F1 2013 Classic Edition [Online Game Code] - 32.49

1/4-1/12:

Defense Technica [Online Game Code] - 8.49

Defense Technica [Online Game Code] - 8.49

Foul Play [Online Game Code] - 8.49

War of the Roses Kingmaker [Online Game Code] - 9.99

1/9-1/12:

Cities in Motion II [Online Game Code] - 9.99

Cities in Motion II (Mac) [Online Game Code] - 9.99

1/10-1/12:

Battlefield 4 [Download] - 39.99

Battlefield 4 [Instant Access] - 39.99

Battlefield 4 + Battlefield 4 Premium [Online Game Code] - 79.99

Contrast [Online Game Code] - 11.99

Final Exam [Online Game Code] - 7.99

Battlefield 4 [Download] - 37.99

Battlefield 4 [Instant Access] - 37.99

Battlefield 4 + Battlefield 4 Premium [Online Game Code] - 79.99

1/5-1/31:

Ace Patrol Bundle - 5.99

BioShock Infinite [Online Game Code] - 13.1967

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year [Online Game Code] - 29.99

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year + Brady Strategy Guide [Online Game Code] - 34.99

NBA 2K14 [Online Game Code] - 19.99

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified  [Online Game Code] - 14.99

The XCOM Collection [Online Game Code] - 14.99

XCOM: Enemy Within [Online Game Code] - 19.99

1/12-1/18:

Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon [Download] - 12.99

1/9-1/18:

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons [Online Game Code] - 7.99

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death [Online Game Code] - 7.49

How to Survive [Online Game Code] - 7.49

TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre [Online Game Code] - 6.99

Cheers,

Tony

People don't read. They post. But they don't read. Pictographs is another way of trying to reach them.
I don't really get the logic here.
If people don't read and only post then I'm not sure what a picture will do; your post wasn't being read anyway. Not sure there's really a way to reach people like that as that's the type that'll ask the same question of one two pages ago and/or is answered in your sig. If it's a different type then uh... I don't know who you mean. Figure either you're reading the topic or not. If you are, avatar is secondary or tertiary to the posts. If you aren't then you're just ignoring all the efforts done by others and a picture won't be changing that.

Pfftt. If you have to ask to be invited to the party, it's even more lame than not being invited in the first place.
Reminds me of one of my favorite Margaret Thatcher quotes on Leadership:

Leadership is like being a lady, if you have you tell people you are, you're not

#2deep4most

No Bioshock Infinite on the Editor's Choice list? Awww man.

And TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre made the list? Eww, no, that game is absolutely terrible.

At least I played and beat Brothers already but definitely regretting the Marlow Briggs purchase now. I still think having the XCOM collection on there for exactly $5 more is borderline trolling though.

This avatar/no avatar thing is stupid. I mean, who the fuck cares?

"You should post a picture next to your name so we can respect what you post!"

"We don't care"

"You're scum!"

FFS, if someone is contributing to the thread they will get recognized whether or not they have a random video game character or poorly done selfie next to their name.

No Bioshock Infinite on the Editor's Choice list? Awww man.

And TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre made the list? Eww, no, that game is absolutely terrible.
The editors cannot comment on that as they are way too busy playing another of their favorites, Infestation: Survivor Stories (formerly The War Z)!

"We don't care"

"You're scum!"

FFS, if someone is contributing to the thread they will get recognized whether or not they have a random video game character or poorly done selfie next to their name.
I'd call you an asshat, but you have an avatar, so you got cred.

;)

Oh, wow I was really expecting more from the EC list. Guess I'll be picking up Dead Space 3, Crysis 3 and DLCs. $35 worth of EC credit was actually too much.

I could be wrong if its very incomplete. Just got back from a horrible Chinese buffet, I'm cranky.

Oh, wow I was really expecting more from the EC list. Guess I'll be picking up Dead Space 3, Crysis 3 and DLCs. $35 worth of EC credit was actually too much.

I could be wrong if its very incomplete. Just got back from a horrible Chinese buffet, I'm cranky.
It is far from complete, not all of the deal snare announced in the beginning, they'll still be adding things during the last week of the sale

For everyone who got Aliens: Colonial Marines during the a winter sale, GMG has all of the DLC on sale, plus the 25% off code

People don't read? This EC list is a basic one, its just starting. It was stated several times, even through december. More and more games will be added through the whole MONTH. Even Steam PMs if we're lucky

It's very incomplete. So far it's just EA for the first week and 2K for the first two and a half. By the last something good from either may pop up. Wouldn't be the first time!

"We don't care"

"You're scum!"

Although I agree that if somebody is consistently contributing to thread in a positive manner they will get respected, my comments are more in reference to the sub-conscious psychological reaction that most people will have to somebody with no avatar.

Like it or not, there seems to be a remarkably high correlation between those who are lurkers/minimal contributors and don't have an avatar as opposed to regular contributors and do have an avatar.

For reasons that are obvious (less regular posters are obviously less involved in CAG, and thus likely not as well informed as regulars), many of the posts that regulars find annoying or misinformed, etc, are made by those without avatars. This creates a heuristic in the sense that you begin to think no avatar---->stupid. Want to avoid that subconscious stigma? Make an avatar. It's not really about "omgz this guy doesn't have an avatar i can't respect him" so much as it's about what the avatar represents - a likely increased investment in CAG, leading to a higher level of respect within the community.

Is it elitist/dickish to point this out? Not really. It's just a commentary on basic psychology.

Man. You see an avatar as showing an increase of... well, anything to being somewhere? I almost wish I could see things that way. It's been a pretty standard thing of most forums for around 15 years now; I just see it as the same thing as a sig, quote, etc: Another thing people throw into a profile to try to distinguish themselves and takes a minute to do. Doesn't mean an increase of anything. Hell, I remember when I saw them on AIM where it meant absolutely nothing but "ooh here's a tiny picture!"

Dammit now I'm feeling old because that means I'm thinking back to more than 15 years ago too.

Get with the times guys (& gals). Gifs or "moving" avatars are where it's at! Can't respect someone's opinion on deals here at CAG if their avatars don't move.

You know what else doesn't move....trees (and rocks).

Case closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back