Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, I'd like to sugguest you go away.
i suggest u to stop being jerk and complain suggest gamewise u want at what price instead of being trolling whore jerk

Agreed, especially since Tony's response was "I agree we need more deals, and I'm working on making that happen"

It's not really fair to judge EC until it's over, or at least for another couple weeks, given this information. If this were ALL the deals that were going to happen...yeah it'd be a bit disappointing. Tony's also said that there was some trouble coordinating this because EA was one of the only companies that returned his inquiries initially...everybody else must've been out of the office on holiday...hence why this has been really EA heavy so far. I'd be pretty surprised if there weren't at least three or four more deals by the end of this that I ended up wanting.

You're kind of a douche. You can't expect somebody to magically make the deals you want appear without you giving any hints as to what they are.
dont bother with miss ucansukthefuc must be but pasports tell sasha grey to **** on him

Another burgeoning internet relationship ruined by video game sales.   :-({|=

edit: that guy with the spreadsheet sig link needs to post more, because I can't find his sig, nor remember who it was

edit edit:  fun fact:  if you accidentally turn off all signatures, it will be hard to find a specific signature.  found it

edit: that guy with the spreadsheet sig link needs to post more, because I can't find his sig, nor remember who it was
Tada.

Updated the Spreadsheet .. added the games that are on the EC list on Amazon but have no official word from Tony as to when they will be on sale and for what price (a few of them are on sale now but nothing crazy). Also coupons don't work on everything just yet. Even if the game is not on sale shouldn't the coupons actually still be working on them? It does say use these coupons on ANY game on the EC list.

Spreadsheet is in my sig.

My wish list, for what it's worth:

All prices pre-coupon:

Riptide <10

FC3 <10

TW Rome 2 + CoH2 pack <30

Dark Souls <7.5

EU4 <15

Bioshock Infinite <12.5

Dishonored GOTY <12.5

Football Manager 2014 <15

These would all be historic lows by a few bucks (I think) but given how much steam wallet I have, and tons of stupid hats/genuines to reload with, I tend to be a bit more stingy with my "real money."

And what happens if none of these happen? I will buy How to Survive and then wait for March playing a bunch of X-Com and Civ V in the meantime.
Riptide is ~6 on Gamefly right now. BI is $8.

Another burgeoning internet relationship ruined by video game sales. :-({|=

edit edit: fun fact: if you accidentally turn off all signatures, it will be hard to find a specific signature. found it
It's linked in the post in my sig. =)

Tony, I know you are super busy with all these deals, and working very hard to do the best for everyone involved. I was just wondering if you will be in contact with Firaxis and or 2k.

If you are could you ask about a little discount of Brave New World dlc for civ V. I didn't realize how much improved it made the game vs. the gold edition, and feel like an idiot for not getting it in other sales.

Thanks for all you do. I've really appriciate the hard work you put in.

Agreed, especially since Tony's response was "I agree we need more deals, and I'm working on making that happen"
It's not really fair to judge EC until it's over, or at least for another couple weeks, given this information. If this were ALL the deals that were going to happen...yeah it'd be a bit disappointing. Tony's also said that there was some trouble coordinating this because EA was one of the only companies that returned his inquiries initially...everybody else must've been out of the office on holiday...hence why this has been really EA heavy so far. I'd be pretty surprised if there weren't at least three or four more deals by the end of this that I ended up wanting.

You're kind of a douche. You can't expect somebody to magically make the deals you want appear without you giving any hints as to what they are.
44663000.jpg

32148386.jpg

If only CAG had some sort of magical system that would allow to me to ignore your posts.........
9148130.jpg

Gee, thanks. That was my subtle way of welcoming him to my honored ignore list.
damn you sure become bitchy when separated from your mother's teat.
Happy Holidays!!!!

Tony,

Did anything ever surface about the pack which would not be named (*Namco*)? I saw some posts about it many, many pages back, but nothing recent. Any chance it might come to fruition? And if it's still verboten to talk about it, pleas disregard this message... :)

Here are my thoughts on variety - it's great and we all love it - but it's a bit unrealistic.  Tony did get Microsoft to jump in on the EC last year with AoE and the indie game bundle and that was great, but realistically speaking the same companies that have a working relationship with Amazon and have been participating in their past sales are the ones that are going to be participating in the EC.  The EC sort of works as a "reward" for customers patronizing past sales so it does make some sense to have the same games/pubs involved.  

2012 was great, but a bit overrated.  I got GTAIV and Dead Space 2 for free after coupon, but I also paid $1.69 for The Witcher, $2.49 for Alice, $2.49 for Homefront, $3.99 for Crysis, and $4.99 for Crysis 2 all after coupon.  

Last year I actually think was better with AoE for $5, Microsoft Arcade Bundle for $5, a ton of cheap 2K bundles, Darksiders bundle, Paradox Bundles, Hotline Miami, etc.

And last year too was like a week or two of rage, omg no good deals, and then a ton of "Does anyone have any extra coupon, I ran out" towards the end of the month.  

Tony,

Did anything ever surface about the pack which would not be named (*Namco*)? I saw some posts about it many, many pages back, but nothing recent. Any chance it might come to fruition? And if it's still verboten to talk about it, pleas disregard this message... :)
I'm sure it's in the queue.. but behind the 1C Bundle. ;)

Here are my thoughts on variety - it's great and we all love it - but it's a bit unrealistic. Tony did get Microsoft to jump in on the EC last year with AoE and the indie game bundle and that was great, but realistically speaking the same companies that have a working relationship with Amazon and have been participating in their past sales are the ones that are going to be participating in the EC. The EC sort of works as a "reward" for customers patronizing past sales so it does make some sense to have the same games/pubs involved.

2012 was great, but a bit overrated. I got GTAIV and Dead Space 2 for free after coupon, but I also paid $1.69 for The Witcher, $2.49 for Alice, $2.49 for Homefront, $3.99 for Crysis, and $4.99 for Crysis 2 all after coupon.

Last year I actually think was better with AoE for $5, Microsoft Arcade Bundle for $5, a ton of cheap 2K bundles, Darksiders bundle, Paradox Bundles, Hotline Miami, etc.

And last year too was like a week or two of rage, omg no good deals, and then a ton of "Does anyone have any extra coupon, I ran out" towards the end of the month.
2012 i must miss party but 2013 paradox bundles darksiders full franchise bundle aoe for friend and 2k bundles darknes rage

CAG is probably the only place I'd respond to the "same deals but $5 more comment", here goes:

Crysis 3 was not bumped $5 in price

SimCity was not bumped $5 in price

Brothers was not bumped $5 in price

The Ace patrol bundle was not bumped $5 in price

Bioshock Infinte was not bumped $5 in price

None of the Sims stuff was not bumped $5 in price

The Bureau was not bumped $5 in price

This list can continue. The counter to this list is a bunch of stuff that may or may not have gone up $5 in price depending on who we were price matching, or what deals we're focused on pushing. This is no different than any other sale where there are often stand out deals and then deals that people ask questions like, "why is this thing cheaper if I buy it in a bundle".

What I've noticed in all of the "these are all just $5 more expensive" comments, is that what you mean is "the specific things on this list that I want to buy are $5 more expensive than I could have purchased them previously for.

As for the content of the first wave, they seem reheated because Take 2 and EA are almost always down to provide good deals that we can include in sales, they are super responsive (meaning we hear from them sooner than everyone else), etc.

Hope this helps clear up some of the misconception. Let me know if I can answer anything else about this.

Cheers,
Tony
I can appreciate where you're coming from, and most of us here are very grateful for the amount of effort you've put into getting us all these deals. But this is part of why I think the whole promotion is just a customer service nightmare. The people saying "they just increased the prices" are more pointing out the general reality that virtually none of the deals are good for a true $5 off. Beyond the few times it truly did increase by $5 (I'm looking at you, XCOM Collection), even the good deals like Brothers aren't $5 cheaper than they were during the winter sale.

This creates the impression that the $5 coupon which was an enticement to shop on Amazon was misleading and not truly the value presented. When combined with repeated technical glitches, it doesn't create a very positive view of Amazon, which is a shame given the phenomenal level of service and interaction you provide.

Personally, I think it's insane for anyone to expect a $5 credit when buying dirt cheap dlc gives the same discount, but that's the perception that has been created, especially when in past years we saw some deals like the 2k bundles get put on the EC list for the exact same price they had been and then get the coupon discount.

Every coupon I got was a result of a purchase I would have made even if the coupon didn't exist. That's been true for each of the previous years, and each of those years I got some good deals with my coupons that made me very happy. With that said, I'd much rather the promotion went away and we just saw more killer bundle deals like we have in the past. The added drama and effort hardly seem worth it. When we're sitting here at midnight hoping for price mistakes that give us free games, that doesn't seem like an inherently good system.

Another burgeoning internet relationship ruined by video game sales. :-({|=
Wait, burgeoning internet relationship? Really? I thought it was just an example of some idiot being an asshat to someone that offered a reasonable suggestion of civility.

Man, I really missed the subtext on this one.

Wait, burgeoning internet relationship? Really? I thought it was just an example of some idiot being an asshat to someone that offered a reasonable suggestion of civility.

Well, what indef knew was how i glowed to him every night about how me and bruticus would exchange heart fluttering inbox messages. This recent exchange was just a flameout.

The EC sale ruins everything.

I take it back. Tony I hate your Amazonian guts.

Relationships are complicated like that.

You need to cool down and don't take it personally, pasports31 is only suggesting that you be a realist here.

IOMFyOK.jpg

Anyone know if Contrast will be on sale during the EC?

Still need to get a copy since LN fuck 'ed me during the giveaway.
That was really uncalled for, LN3000 did not get paid to do the giveaway. Learn to appreciate when a CAG volunteered his time for the community.

I have one request for this sale.  I think it's a pretty simple one.  Paradox usually loves these kinds of things.

CK2: Sons of Abraham.  Add it to the EC list so I can pick it up for $4.99.  Yes?

Hey guys, I find myself having to explain all my sarcasm, humor, and posts to you in order for you to understand them.  I think you guys have issues with comprehension or communication so you guys might want to take a class or something.  

One of my EC wishlist items for the sale would be the Bioshock Triple Pack to return, at its original sale price ($15) That would be a great deal.

Tower Wars is on sale for about $1.25 over at the gala store. They've got a couple of other good ones for around a buck each.

Tony, any plans for more indies in the ECees. thanks!

My wish list, for what it's worth:

All prices pre-coupon:

Riptide <10

FC3 <10

TW Rome 2 + CoH2 pack <30

Dark Souls <7.5

EU4 <15

Bioshock Infinite <12.5

Dishonored GOTY <12.5

Football Manager 2014 <15
I'd add:

- Skyrim LE for $20 pre-coupon, matching its Winter Sale low.

- Civ V Brave New World for $10 pre-coupon, matching its Winter Sale low.

- X-Com Enemy Within for $10 pre-coupon, matching its Winter Sale low.

- I'm curious about the FIFA series, but not enough to drop $35 on FIFA 14. On the other hand, a $10 pre-coupon offer for FIFA 13 would tempt me.

This is going to come off somewhat as ass-kissing, but I think it bears repeating:

Tony, you do a great job. You listen to people, you make consistent efforts to respond to all questions and concerns, and you demonstrate genuine interest in delivering great deals. So, thanks for your work and being a cool guy. :)

Now everyone get back to buying games and not playing them!

I'd add:

- Skyrim LE for $20 pre-coupon, matching its Winter Sale low.

- Civ V Brave New World for $10 pre-coupon, matching its Winter Sale low.

- X-Com Enemy Within for $10 pre-coupon, matching its Winter Sale low.

- I'm curious about the FIFA series, but not enough to drop $35 on FIFA 14. On the other hand, a $10 pre-coupon offer for FIFA 13 would tempt me.
\LIKE.

Though for me, on Skyrim, I need the Hearthfire + Dawnguard DLC's.

I'd like for Dawnguard to be 10 or less before coupon.

About Hearthfire - I don't know, maybe $6 before coupon or something. ;)

\LIKE.

Though for me, on Skyrim, I need the Hearthfire + Dawnguard DLC's.

I'd like for Dawnguard to be 10 or less before coupon.

About Hearthfire - I don't know, maybe $6 before coupon or something. ;)
It'd be really cool to see some type of skyrim dlc bundle sales/mix n match thing. Like (post coupon) 7 bucks for dawnguard, 7 bucks for dragonborn, 2.50 for hearthfire. Or 8 bucks for either dragonborn/dawnguard + hearthfire, or 13 for Dragonborn + Dawnguard, or 14 for all of it.

u see dat new Alien game durick, u hyped? ;o
Ummm - what Alien game?

EDIT:

It'd be really cool to see some type of skyrim dlc bundle sales/mix n match thing. Like (post coupon) 7 bucks for dawnguard, 7 bucks for dragonborn, 2.50 for hearthfire. Or 8 bucks for either dragonborn/dawnguard + hearthfire, or 13 for Dragonborn + Dawnguard, or 14 for all of it.
Hearthfire has been $2.49 on GameFly, according to IsThereAnyDeal.

So, w/ this coupon, I expect we can do at least littler better than here on Amazon in this EC post-coupon. :p

Dawnguard hasn't even been below $10, according to IsThereAnyDeal.

Even though Dragonborn was once $5 on Amazon DVG for short time period.

I'd add:

FIFA 13 is great. If you can pick it up for cheap, I highly recommend it. I have been watching FIFA 14 patiently and really haven't seen a good deal on it yet. Every other vendor has been pushing sales in the $27ish range, which is woefully inadequate for a game that, by most reports, hasn't changed much and isn't running the next-gen engine.

This should encourage Konami to push their remodeled Pro Evolution Soccer series to the forefront. PES 2014 has dipped under $20 recently...would make for a really good EC inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back