Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if Contrast will be on sale during the EC?
Still need to get a copy since LN fuck 'ed me during the giveaway.
really?
44664945.jpg

This is an internet message board for video games, I can assure you I wasn't taking it personally. I was being dismissive.
be-gone-with-you-small-beast-be-go.jpg

Tower Wars is on sale for about $1.25 over at the gala store. They've got a couple of other good ones for around a buck each.

Tony, any plans for more indies in the ECees. thanks!
damn, y u make me almost rebuy this? :shame:

glad i checked my library first.

\LIKE.

Though for me, on Skyrim, I need the Hearthfire + Dawnguard DLC's.
I'd like for Dawnguard to be 10 or less before coupon.
About Hearthfire - I don't know, maybe $6 before coupon or something. ;)
all skyrim dlc for $10 pre coupon :pray:

It'd be really cool to see some type of skyrim dlc bundle sales/mix n match thing. Like (pre coupon) 7 bucks for dawnguard, 7 bucks for dragonborn, 2.50 for hearthfire. Or 8 bucks for either dragonborn/dawnguard + hearthfire, or 13 for Dragonborn + Dawnguard, or 14 for all of it.
ftfy

Dead Space was the Alien game I always wanted, so I will just continue to pretend the "official" games don't exist.
\LIKE @ the Dead Space series.

EDIT:

all skyrim dlc for $10 pre coupon :pray:
In one pack altogether, yes! :D

Sounds good.

Since we're at it - All Dishonored DLC in one pack together for $10 pre-coupon would be great, too. :D

WTB: Bethesda, Namco, Capcom, and Microsoft games with sufficient discount.

Will also accept games from SEGA, EA (if NFW:MW), and pretty much anything else - except Square Enix - if cheap enough (and I don't already own it.)

Have: Amazon credit.

WTB: Bethesda, Namco, Capcom, and Microsoft games with sufficient discount.

Will also accept games from SEGA, EA (if NFW:MW), and pretty much anything else - except Square Enix - if cheap enough (and I don't already own it.)

Have: Amazon credit.
Wrong section?

Still need to get a copy since LN fuck 'ed me during the giveaway.
LN apparently got the benefit of being able to fuck fellow CAGS during the giveaway. Suddenly I'm not that upset that I missed out on a copy of Metro.
It is so hard to keep the reply I am typing civil.

I spent over 5 hours of my day, going through over 180 messages, replying back and forth with numerous people, trying to make sure as many people got something they wanted, in as fair a way as possible. Not sure why you two think I somehow singled you out and intentionally screwed you, but I am very sorry you feel that way.

Guess what though? There are over 100 other people who messaged me that day hoping to get a FREE game, and they didn't get one. But of all those 100 people, you're thinking that you two were specifically screwed? That I singled you out, and said "Haha, no not these guys."

There were also only 3 copies of Contrast in the list. You were too slow, someone else got them. So sorry that I can't grow more FREE GAMES out of my ass.

fuck you.

I spent over 5 hours of my day, going through over 180 messages, replying back and forth with numerous people, trying to make sure as many people got something they wanted, in as fair a way as possible. Not sure why you two think I somehow singled you out and intentionally screwed you, but I am very sorry you feel that way.

Guess what though? There are over 100 other people who messaged me that day hoping to get a FREE game, and they didn't get one. But of all those 100 people, you're thinking that you two were specifically screwed? That I singled you out, and said "Haha, no not these guys."

There were also only 3 copies of Contrast in the list. You were too slow, someone else got them. So sorry that I can't grow more FREE GAMES out of my ass.

fuck you.
LoL! It suck but that's the entitled Internet. Don't take it personally man. Just go to settings => ignore/block

Unfortunately, it comes with the territory of being known enough to be singled out.

Personally I'm not too broken up about someone who seemingly only posts when freebies are offered gets stiffed.  Now, nothing against lurkers.  There are plenty here who are nice enough and generous with giveaways of their own (they just do it through PMs rather than posting) but el oh el when someone like that complains about it.

I guess you can't have Cheap Ass without a few sore people wanting to save even more money. I didn't enter, but I can say that dedicating a large portion of your free time for the day in order to deliver some free games to some CAGs when you can easily take them for yourself or just not go through the trouble entirely is well worth the credit. Not to mention the numerous times LN decides to share genorisity in hosting his own giveaways of games to fellow users.

Honestly, LN was being quite generous with what they did, and they continue to be that way. You can't be sore about a giveaway, especially when the prize was FREE. Some people can't be helped. I wouldn't take it personally, so just keep up the good work!!

*Continues to hibernate until next sale* 

Still need to get a copy since LN
shaq-fu%2196.gif
'ed me during the giveaway.
LN apparently got the benefit of being able to
shaq-fu%2196.gif
fellow CAGS during the giveaway. Suddenly I'm not that upset that I missed out on a copy of Metro.

fuck you.
Whoa, sorry! You totally misinterpreted what I was saying. It was just a friendly joke saying that you got some physical loving. I realize now it was in poor taste and totally apologize. If you go back to my PM, you'll see that I totally took the time to thank you for all the work you did in sorting that mess of a contest. I added you as a Steam friend. Why would I have done that if I was pissed at you?

BigShowB3

Member Since 02 Dec 2013

:whistle2:
I've been around CAG for awhile under a different account, but decided to switch to my Steam name when Pinball came about because I figured it would be easier for people to find me. I think you'll find that for the most part I haven't done anything to cause trouble, so once again, I apologize if you misinterpreted that LN!

What the bleep is this about LN screwing anybody over?  LN has dropped codes left and right on this site.  He has even given codes to people afterwards that he was not intending to do because he wants to NOT has to.

Tony gave him keys.  BigShow, CapitanCavernicola and whoever else, PLEASE review the thread and see the actual key counts that Tony and LN mentioned that were given to LN to distribute i.e. 3 Contrast keys or 4 Double Fine keys for instance.  PLEASE then review the thread of how many people sent PMs to LN and the fact that he was bombarded with PMs and posted a "ok, I have enough PMs type of post".  THEN review and see that it took LN hours to personally send back PMs, some with good news and some with bad news.  LN put in hours on our behalf and does not deserve your BULLSHIT. 

Just FYI, I did not get a code either and that is fine.  I did not respond during the window that was open.  There were plenty of people that did not get keys.  Why not face the fact the LN was given less number of keys than CAGs wanting a key. 

BigShow, CapitanCavernicola,  and other whiny people that want to defame LN, please reconsider your posts as they come across as offensive and ungrateful for the work that he did.   Honestly, it would have been nice for Oprah to have waived her magic wand and just like "you get a car, you get a car, you get a car, etc..." that codes would have been given to everyone for any code that they wanted, but reality was there was only a limited number of keys.  Hell, LN did not even get a Defiance key when Cheapy D set up the Defiance key give away. 

Please do not take what I have to say as I do not like you, but I would ask that you show respect to people on this site that have been here a lot longer and contributed more.  I may not post a lot but I visit these threads almost daily and have respect for the regulars here.  I can almost guarantee you that more codes will be given away and that you will see generosity from CAGs here.  Enjoy your stay.

*sigh* I'm sorry for grouping you in with that. Just inevitable for my rant to come out, after a few people PM'd wondering why they didn't win..
No worries! It's life, misunderstandings happen. I certainly wouldn't of had the patience to deal with all the BS you had to overcome, or that Tony must deal with. It's pretty crappy when people post nothing but miserable things about you.

*reads last few posts in horror*

No worries! It's life, misunderstandings happen. I certainly wouldn't of had the patience to deal with all the BS you had to overcome, or that Tony must deal with. It's pretty crappy when people post nothing but miserable things about you.

BigShow, sorry if your post got "misinterpreted" but as I think you can see by your prior post, it could have been seen as targeting LN who is a beloved member here. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself and reaching out.

Enjoy CAG and hopefully we can all have fun together. Have a nice night and again, thank you for your follow up posts.

I'd also note that when the Defiance giveaway prematurely launched by the cheapybot LN3000 missed out and got ed himself.  Some CAG regular (Mooby?) gave LN3000 their Defiance key.

I've been around CAG for awhile under a different account, but decided to switch my Steam name when Pinball came about because I figured it would be easier for people to find me.
You can actually change your display name in the User CP.

This can all be solved by next time giving spoder everything.
Nothing can be solved that way.

Hell, LN did not even get a Defiance key when Cheapy D set up the Defiance key give away.
I appreciate all the support from everyone. All's good though. I'm sorry for my outburst. Just blowing off some steam, since I already did feel bad that there weren't enough for everyone. I totally see how I misinterpreted BS's post, and I'm sorry for the flood of ill attention sent toward him...

I did end up getting a Defiance key. 3 people ended up messaging me offering me a key! Surprised me, for sure. But goes to show that there are a ton of awesome people here.

BTW, Defiance is pretty cool! I've enjoyed what I've played of it so far. I've also played a bit of Crysis 3, enjoyed the tutorial, but once the game proper began I gave up quickly after having no clue what to do, and then ended up falling into the ocean and unable to get back on the boat. haha! So I'm getting more enjoyment from a game I got for free, compared to a game I spent $5 on. But I guess that's why I get so many games, for so cheap. You hit a few duds, but eventually you hit something that makes up for the rest.

Not necessarily calling Crysis 3 a dud. I'm sure I'll end up giving it another go soon. Just had a moment of rage-quit. :p

targeting LN who is a beloved member here.
eww... beloved? Laying it on a bit thick, aren't you? :p

Have they announced the date of when that Mass Effect 2 DLC collection will drop down in price? As I'd like to use my 5 dollar credit on it when it's low price and all that jazz

sorry if beloved was not the right word. probably better if I used respect or generous

regardless, I am pretty sure that you and others know what I meant - you, LN, being a good CAG member

maybe I also needed to blow off some steam as I do not get the constant bickering that can happen on the CAG threads

I enjoy games and good fun, just wish for the negativity to subside

must be too tired. I used beloved in reference to LN and want to rant on CAG

off to bed before I have to get up in less than 5 hours

good night

God I love you guys. Not a joke I was in the process of writing LN a note apologizing for the flak he'd taken. I'm really glad to see people resolving crossed wires like this.

Thanks a ton, it makes my job/life amazingly less stressful :).

Cheers,
Tony

Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down everyone. Take some deep breaths. Relax. That's it. Better. Better.

Ok, all good? Yeah, thought so. ;) Let's lighten things up a bit shall we?

Hey Tony, since Bioshock Infinite is part of the EC list, will you be price matching Steam?

uFKEl9K.jpg

:lol:

I appreciate all the support from everyone.
Just wanted to say, even though I didn't enter for anything, I watched the thread on the day of the giveaway and you did a fantastic job. So, kudos to your hard work that day.

Edit:

Oh Tony, kidding aside, did you happen to catch my post to you earlier in the thread? I know you were away for a while and probably missed it so...

Hi Tony. I was wondering, would you be able to get keys for Disciples Reincarnation? I know Amazon carries Disciples 3 Gold, however, Reincarnation is the superior version to Gold as it is the Gold version along with a vastly improved gameplay experience that makes Gold and the stand alone Disciples 3 games obsolete. For reference purposes, the version that GamersGate carries is the one to which I'm referring: Disciples Reincarnation . Thanks. :)

P.S. An added bonus for Amazon if you stock these keys: it's a Steamworks game that has never actually been sold on Steam.

For what it's worth, I interpreted BigShow's post as a joke as well, like a 'well if LN's is fuck ing people (literally fuck ing) in the contest I'm not so sorry I missed out on a key after all' kind of thing. 

The other guy can go Suck a FAC though.

+1 LN

+1 Tony

+1 All of youze guiz

I don't post a ton, but I'm here every day and I read every... damn... post.

Edit:  Had to edit b/c evidently the filter will filter out fuck ing only if you put a space between the fuck and the ing.  o_O

You can actually change your display name in the User CP.

Nothing can be solved that way.
I know that was new with CAG 3.0 and a lot of people didn't know about it so he may not have known. Also, you can only do it once a year, not sure if that is calendar year or 365 days.

Edit:

You have made 1 of 1 display name changes since 05 Jun 2013. You are permitted to make 1 changes in a 365 day period.
Changing your display name will not affect your log in details.

So it is 365 days.

PS:

LN3000 is an official CAG Saint ;)

St. LN3000 Giveawaythius

fuck you.
"[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]So sorry that I can't grow more FREE GAMES out of my ass." -Best line ever.[/SIZE]

I appreciate all the support from everyone. All's good though. I'm sorry for my outburst. Just blowing off some steam, since I already did feel bad that there weren't enough for everyone. I totally see how I misinterpreted BS's post, and I'm sorry for the flood of ill attention sent toward him...

I did end up getting a Defiance key. 3 people ended up messaging me offering me a key! Surprised me, for sure. But goes to show that there are a ton of awesome people here.

BTW, Defiance is pretty cool! I've enjoyed what I've played of it so far. I've also played a bit of Crysis 3, enjoyed the tutorial, but once the game proper began I gave up quickly after having no clue what to do, and then ended up falling into the ocean and unable to get back on the boat. haha! So I'm getting more enjoyment from a game I got for free, compared to a game I spent $5 on. But I guess that's why I get so many games, for so cheap. You hit a few duds, but eventually you hit something that makes up for the rest.

Not necessarily calling Crysis 3 a dud. I'm sure I'll end up giving it another go soon. Just had a moment of rage-quit. :p

Aww :censored: , I did miss the Defiance giveaway. This is what happens when I do RL stuff. Never again I tell you.

Thanks again LN for doing the giveaway, I thought you handled it fairly, as fairly as a giveaway can be that is. Also thanks to our supplier Tony.

For what it's worth, I interpreted BigShow's post as a joke as well, like a 'well if LN's is fuck ing people (literally fuck ing) in the contest I'm not so sorry I missed out on a key after all' kind of thing.

The other guy can go Suck a FAC though.

+1 LN

+1 Tony

+1 All of youze guiz

I don't post a ton, but I'm here every day and I read every... damn... post.

Edit: Had to edit b/c evidently the filter will filter out fuck ing only if you put a space between the fuck and the ing. o_O
reealy now u do u prolly say what is tebow talking bout omg this is awesome but dont know what he is saying yo that must be ur thinking rading my post heh

I don't know! I didn't mean to offend you. I guess I'm doing a GREAT job of "not offending" people tonight, so "I" should go to bed. hahaha!!

Man, I don't know who I am anymore!
I hear you! I just finished The Swapper and I'm not sure I know who I am anymore either. Definitely a bad segue, but thanks for all of your help and generosity on this thread. :applause:

Also, make sure Mooby never activates The Swapper into his Steam library. The philosophical existentialism and 2deep4u game would knock off his sombrero. I'm not sure I want to witness that just yet. ;)

Hmm. That would have came in handy a month ago. Nice tip!
You may be able to get an admin to merge your account, especially if you were active on your old account.

I know that was new with CAG 3.0 and a lot of people didn't know about it so he may not have known.
That's why I was pointing it out.

Hey dude.

We still haven't heard back one way or the other, which is why I haven't given any notice.

Cheers,
Tony
Read you the first time. ;)

I hear you! I just finished The Swapper and I'm not sure I know who I am anymore either. Definitely a bad segue, but thanks for all of your help and generosity on this thread. :applause:

Also, make sure Mooby never activates The Swapper into his Steam library. The philosophical existentialism and 2deep4u game would knock off his sombrero. I'm not sure I want to witness that just yet. ;)
Dude. Everyone should play The Swapper.

Seriously.

If I were rich, I would buy a copy for everybody.

Quick, somebody call Oprah!

'cept GMG always gives me trouble when I go to use my credit card so eft 'em.
I use paypal with them, due to a certain currency-credit card benefit I get for the my paypal's credit card, so no exp there. But if you can use paypal, a pity to "eft" a whole shop :)
(ironically to a non native speaker like me, EFT is known as electronic funds transfer, so in my eyes if you eft 'em you actually pay 'em :) :) )

Have they announced the date of when that Mass Effect 2 DLC collection will drop down in price? As I'd like to use my 5 dollar credit on it when it's low price and all that jazz
Heeey...

Any chance of a Dragon Age 2 DLC sale or what not? Haven't seen a DA2 Ultimate and the DLC has been based only in ultra-expensive (re: normal price) Bioware points forever and a day now.

Decades, are you serious? I thought it was in the range of 5 years. I have an Intel 320 series. Just got my brother a Samsung 840 Evo.

It's like syrup on pancakes.
I'm in a different time zone and this thread moved on a lot since your post lol so sorry for late reply.

An Indilinx SSD will last about 5 years. The SSD I replaced it with had a life expectancy of approx 50 years* in a PC switched on 16 hours a day 365 days a year last time I did the maths on it. I haven't bothered doing the maths on my current SSD - I stopped caring when it stopped mattering. :D

*and that's to their rated life expectancy, in stress testing they lasted about 4 times the rated life.

Unless things changed in the last 2 years, that's a bad idea. Having it striped on two drives can actually make your SSD slower. Also, if you lose one SDD, they're both lost. You basically made things less reliable.
Modern boards can trim striped drives and even if they can't the drives have Garbage Collection built into the firmware.

You can hit that speed with 1 SSD on SATA2. Source: I've done it.
Max speed for a single sata 2 drive is ~ 260MB/sec after 8b/10b encoding and other overheads.

DA2, seriously?

That's like the worst rpg ever,

if I am to believe the bandwagon of hate that crosses the internet from time to time.

Another burgeoning internet relationship ruined by video game sales. :-({|=

edit: that guy with the spreadsheet sig link needs to post more, because I can't find his sig, nor remember who it was

edit edit: fun fact: if you accidentally turn off all signatures, it will be hard to find a specific signature. found it
Sorry .. fell asleep .. shame to seems I missed quite a bit here :)

Maybe Tony can put it in the OP so easier to find .. :whistle2:

Heeey...

Any chance of a Dragon Age 2 DLC sale or what not? Haven't seen a DA2 Ultimate and the DLC has been based only in ultra-expensive (re: normal price) Bioware points forever and a day now.
I could go for some DAII DLC. Enjoyed the game enough back in the day, but never found myself motivated enough to pay full price for the DLC, which I hear isn't half bad. Plus, Felicia Day got her own DLC.

So far, I'm sitting on five coupons and nothing really I don't own that's worth spending on (except the Ace Patrol pack). The Bureau is a mild maybe for $10. Still waiting to see what else kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back