Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran this through bad translator and got:

"Called the big advertisers who want to delete the selected Tony game."
hehe .. i got "Further comment, I would like to remove the price or say what order, select the Publisher of the game, it is to be better."

Original text:

"My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard "

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

"Sign up for those who want to quit smoking."

Funny thing about bad translator. Some things come back out the same you put in.

"Resistance is Futile" comes back as "Resistance is Futile"

Also it appears the Mass Effect 2 + Bioware points is on sale now .. did not see that mentioned anywhere but I may have missed it in the wall flood of posts :)
Might be a good idea to add somewhere that the DLC/Points codes need to be redeemed on Bioware's website.

After doing that, you can "purchase" the specific DLC of your choosing on Origin, or in-game via the overlay. Finally got my hands on the ME3 Citadel DLC.

Thanks for putting together this deal, Tony and mysterious EA lurker guy!

Original text:

"Hello. This is Octoberfest and the weather is unseasonably warm"

...8 translations later, Bing gives us:

"Pleased to meet you. It is a very mild climate and Oktoberfest bow"

Bonus points for anyone who can name where [what game] that line is from... better yet... type to reply to that phrase. ;)

Please direct requests and suggestions will be for English, which is not part of the group, break you, do not compel them to ignore and his flock.

no aj datin neuro she spank neuro gianna michaels is free she can spank you now im not dating summer rae i hate fanmango he need uniccorn spear
^Translated by Bing 18 times:

"This is Anna and her date, the lumbar spine to the Max, as well as fanmango, you must copy the Ray summers on uniccorn"

It almost makes more sense than the original.

That's why later this year, September 2014, the Alphabet is finally entering Beta. Beta-bet will have new features including 17 new letters to sing about (new alphabet song TBA in Q3 2014). I heard there will also be new DLC letters added throughout 2015.
OMG Beta-bet! That is hilarious! I never saw/thought of it like that before! But now forever will I be eagerly awaiting the arrival of beta-bet. I love it!

Syndicate+Saboteur $10 Pre-coupon is incoming.

Cheers,

Tony
I'd be interested in checking those games out at that price, without a doubt. Any timeframe as to when they'd be available?

If I start going into bed-time mode (which is basically me playing iPhone / 3DS games and reading comics until I fall asleep) am I going to miss it and then all the codes be sold out when I wake up??

I read this article and thought of you guys and all the DRM tirades (not that I don't agree w/ you)...

http://www.cracked.com/article_20783_5-anti-piracy-strategies-that-screwed-over-regular-gamers.html
Must... not... click... that... link...

Cracked... links... suck... hours... from... my... life...

Click/click/click/click/click

Send the publishers an email begging to reset it for more activations.
You are completely at their mercy. They will reset it for you.. if they feel like it.

Edit: If they ignore you and/or are too lazy to reset the activations for you, and you bought it from Amazon, Contact Amazon and they will send you a new one.
Of course, if the publisher decides to shut down the spreadsheet activation server, we're all hosed.

Please direct requests and suggestions will be for English, which is not part of the group, break you, do not compel them to ignore and his flock.
Please to enjoy your Nice Chinese Food with Chopsticks, the traditional and typical of Chinese glonous history and cultual.

Even at $25, Bioware Points are a ripoff. $25 will net you only two story DLCs for ME3 (Citadel and Omega/Leviathan). That's what, maybe 10 hours of gameplay? Not a good deal at all. Conversely, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition includes all four DLCs (that's an extra 70+ hours of gameplay) and routinely goes on sale for $10 or less.

Bioware Points would only be a good deal at 75% off or more.

Tony, is there any way we can get a sale on the Final Exam 4 pack? I know that the game itself will be $2.99, but I see nothing about the 4 pack. Would be a lot more tempted to buy into a 4 pack.

I am considering Alice the Madness Returns Collection as I have yet to get them, but there are two links and neither is live so I'm just waiting to see. I have seen alice madness returns alone for as low as $4, but am just thinking if both for $5 is worth it.

Thanks Ashes for getting the formatting fixed. I have no idea why my copy and paste was breaking everything. OP updated!

Cheers,

Tony
Are you having the problem with your spreadsheet, where if you copy/paste into the forum there are no line breaks so it is just one jumbled paragraph of links? If so . . .

When I was doing the "these are the deals that are expiring today" updates during the Fall sale, I had all sorts of problems trying to do a copy/pasta from your skydrive or excel list. I eventually found out if I pasted into the reply window here, then hit the "bullet list" button so each row is bulleted, then hit it again to remove it, it magically formatted correctly in the final post. No idea why/how it worked.

Even at $25, Bioware Points are a ripoff. $25 will net you only two story DLCs for ME3 (Citadel and Omega/Leviathan). That's what, maybe 10 hours of gameplay? Not a good deal at all. Conversely, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition includes all four DLCs (that's an extra 70+ hours of gameplay) and routinely goes on sale for $10 or less.

Bioware Points would only be a good deal at 75% off or more.
Considering this is only the 2nd time in over 4 years that Bioware points have been on some sort of sale, good luck with seeing that.

Also, I don't believe anyone is really arguing this is a "good" deal. If ME2 and ME3 DLC was on Steam you probably easily would see prices similar to the New Vegas DLC. If anything, EA/Bioware is proving that locking up the PC DLC sales to their own platform is a fantastic way to limit the number of times the DLC gets a deal. But hey, that's EA for you.

Are you are willing to spent 3x the amount of money? For three hours gameplay Amazon price with coupon sounds right. IMHO.
I disagree with this. I dont think gameplay time is a measurement on how much you pay for the game. I rather have the 3-8 hours gameplay where I enjoy every minute of it versus the game with 60+ hours full of padding and tedious fetch quest. (Hi Beth!)

Edit:

Come to think of it, the game is one big fetch quest.

I'm still waiting for Brothers to be stocked again... Maybe should I buy it using the steam sale instead? :/ Any suggestion?
Free for PS+ members this month, if you have a PS3. Otherwise, wait for Steam?

EDIT: should I get Final Exam ($2.49 after coupon) or try to wait it out for Defiance?

I disagree with this. I dont think gameplay time is a measurement on how much you pay for the game. I rather have the 3-8 hours gameplay where I enjoy every minute of it versus the game with 60+ hours full of padding and tedious fetch quest. (Hi Beth!)
I agree with this when cross-comparing games: I don't think game time in Skyrim should be compared against game time in Bioshock when picking which is "better" (although if you only had $10, you might want the one that won't be over in a few days) but we're discussing two identical products here. Brothers from Amazon is the same as Brothers from Steam except that it costs more from Steam. And, well, is in stock.

Anyway, not to answer for Tony, but experience has taught me that his usual answer in these situations is "If you're worried you'll miss a good price elsewhere, you should buy it from them at that price".

I agree with this when cross-comparing games: I don't think game time in Skyrim should be compared against game time in Bioshock when picking which is "better" (although if you only had $10, you might want the one that won't be over in a few days)
I hate when people use gameplay length as a significant portion of their analysis in rating a game. It's pretty relevant in game value - if I can get Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite for the same price, and I have limited funds, Skyrim is by far the superior choice. But longer does not mean it's necessarily a better game. To me "better" refers to the combination of:

1. Gameplay
  2. Story
  3. Immersion
  4. Graphics + Art Style
  5. Unique/Innovative Qualities
  6. Performance - glitches, etc
Length is pretty irrelevant. You can make a game as long as you want, but if the gameplay, story, etc, sucks - it doesn't really mean anything. Value and quality are two different things.

Are you are willing to spent 3x the amount of money? For three hours gameplay Amazon price with coupon sounds right. IMHO.
Well, it's 2x if bought by some russian. It seems. Anyway, no, I'm not willing to pay more (the game is really short, I heard that too) but I'm not sure it will be back on Amazon BEFORE the sale ends (Jan 19th I think). Not that I truly need it: I have hundreds of games to play.

Infact I think I will pass on GameFly Metro LL deal too: I still have to play the first one, lol.

So, in addition to buying but not playing games, I read manga. I came across this manga today:

Read Golondrina Manga Online

From Wonderland After Hours: The betrayal of her lover sends Chica into despair and as result she attempts to end her own life. But she is saved by a man called Antonio, who helps nurse her back to health. It is then Chica that decides and swears: "I will become a bullfighter. By becoming one, I will be able to die in front of my lover." But little does Chica know of the difficult road that lies ahead and the trouble she must face to follow the path of a matador...
Tebow...help me out here. I can't make sense of this.

So, in addition to buying but not playing games, I read manga. I came across this manga today:

Tebow...help me out here. I can't make sense of this.
Maybe this will make more sense:

"One hour in Wonderland: submitted amateur version of his eyes, and this is why he wanted to end his life, but he was helped by a man named Antonio suggests that nurses who make a healthy decision, and I swear you girl: my friends know, but died before the bullfighters are difficult path ahead and map sheet with these problems."

Tebow mr gorilla diaper ----> "Couche, as opposed to the Gorilla."
no lies someone being immature naked immature hypocrite eye that what it translate it means im immature yea dude u said it to us and u just the double standard diaper

Bioware Points would only be a good deal at 85% off or more.
u mean 85% off or bust heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back